[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masamune Shirow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Masamune-Shirow.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Masamune-Shirow.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Will he ever recover?
>>
>>14969335
HORSE

COCKS
>>
File: keanu.jpg (16KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
keanu.jpg
16KB, 350x319px
>look at his current era artwork
>it's some uncanny mixture of oily 2d and 3d
>>
>>14969335
>Will he ever recover?

No. Life has completely changed him. We will never ever have again the whacky talented man he was in the 90s. If you don't like cocks or horses then modern day Masamune is not for you.
>>
>>14969374
Again... why he was reduced to doing this? I know that he lost an home, but still ... his talent was defined by his hand, not his computers. It's more like that he simply used this excuse to stop working, because be a mangaka is backbreaking.
>>
>>14969470
>I know that he lost an home
And everything he created till that point.
That broke his spirit.
Which is why he switched to computer.
>>
>>14969335
>Waste his talent on horses and oiled slut
>No making some good mechanical designs
The live action of GiTs hired Oshii but dont him for mechanical designs at least
>>
>>14969470
He lost his home that had 20 years worth of notes, artwork, story drafts etc in it. He essentially had to start from scratch artisticly
>>
File: pfftoko.jpg (99KB, 332x324px) Image search: [Google]
pfftoko.jpg
99KB, 332x324px
>>14969539
how mean do you have to be to even do that?
>>
>>14969470
>>14969539
>>14969563
>he lost an home

Stop this stupid meme, he didn't lose anything. He just got bored of girls in robots and wanted horsecocks in girls instead. Like how Sonoda's debut as a director was a fucking hentai anime. Shirow's been into kinky shit for a long time now like the lesbian orgies in GitS, he just draws it all the time nowadays because he has enough money from royalties and licensing to sustain himself forever.
>>
>>14969697
He literally did lose his home. The bio from recent Appleseed editions confirms it.

But yes, all the people who support him by working on his IPs and paying him royalties are also to blame.
>>
File: tiny shirow.jpg (93KB, 347x422px) Image search: [Google]
tiny shirow.jpg
93KB, 347x422px
>>14969338
??
>>
File: pof pof.png (455KB, 636x576px) Image search: [Google]
pof pof.png
455KB, 636x576px
Not on his own he won't.

The question is: What would it take to make him recover, and if nothing works how do we replace him?
>>
>>14969757
>The question is: What would it take to make him recover, and if nothing works how do we replace him?

Frankly speaking a replacement already exists. His name is Nihei. Although even him in recent works has fucked up his art. As engaging as KoS is (the manga) boy the art is so unrefined. And way way under Blame! Maybe these talented mangaka (those that know how to draw detailed scenes) should work in the west. Publish once in a while a lets call it "graphic novel" and wait for the $$$ to come in. It's depressing to see all that talent go to waste in Japan.
>>
>>14969873
long-term publishing is generally safer financially.

In the west, if your graphic novel doesn't sell away within three weeks, it's taken off the shelves and ground to dust. Literally. You have three weeks to be successful or you're out. That's how the industry works.

Whereas if you're working with magazines, you can do runs that last two or three months at a time and get paid regularly.
>>
>>14969335
I'd have said when he can't get it up any more, but turns out he's actually pretty young in the /m/aterial creator scale.
>>
>>14969873
Nihei has nothing to do with Shirow except that they both draw scifi manga.
>>
>>14969909
It's more of a conceptual point. They both have the role of innovators with their art. The iconography of Shirow and his idea of future was innovative for his time. Today, Nihei is certainly more modern and innovative. Blame architecture are spectacular and disturbing.

Obviously, artistically they are two different things.
>>
>>14970013
We don't need more innovators, we need more people who draw exactly like Shirow used to.

That's what I meant by "replacing him".
>>
>>14970013
>They both have the role of innovators with their art.

You are delusional and have read less than five SF manga.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.