[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_njjhey2mfu1s3671fo1_1280.jpg (153KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njjhey2mfu1s3671fo1_1280.jpg
153KB, 640x640px
Since Macross takes forever to make new entries and seeing how underwhelming Delta was, I'm finally considering getting into the Gundam franchise. I know damn well I must watch the series in production order but is their a list of bad shows I MUST avoid at all costs?
>>
>>14968559
>is their a list of bad shows I MUST avoid at all costs?
Nigger you made this thread damn well KNOWING that this is just going to be a bunch of man children screaming "shit taste" at each other over subjective opinions.

Zeta is trash.
>>
>>14968559
Try everything. Have fun.
>>
>>14968559
>avoid at all costs
None of them. Watch them and form your own opinions. If you only watched shows that no one on /m/ says are shit, you'd have nothing to watch.

Also, if you liked original SDFM you're going to love Gundam. The only thing you'll find similar to 7's tone will be G Gundam, and the only place you'll see aliens will be 00 (though there's a single fossil found on one of jupiter's moons in SEED). I recommend starting with 0080: War In The Pocket. It's movie-length, it's concise and well plotted, and it's the right time of year (much of /m/ watches it every christmas). The original Mobile Suit Gundam series does have dated 1979 animation but the story is outstanding and the dub is recent and excellently done. If you only watch one Gundam show, make it that one.

And beware of the people who tell you to skip shows in favor of movies. Movies always cut out most of the story of the series and, unlike Do You Remember Love, the Gundam movies are primarily the same footage as the shows.
>>
>>14968567
I don't agree but I respect you opinion. Zeta is a decent show.
That being said, ZZ is better than Zeta, and I fucking hate Unicorn.
>>
Damn, I'm really appreciating the feedback, I'm very excited to get into the series. I'm open to crazy shit including rockstar pilots(7) and idol task forces(Delta) but I do want a good amount of mech combat and Gundam seems to do that better from the various clips I've seen. Some of the stuff I wish Macross would use as well.
>>
There really aren't must avoid in the francise. But I will say don't watch zeta before the original or double zeta before zeta
>>
Watch SEED, skip everything else.
>>
>>14968559
>but is their a list of bad shows I MUST avoid at all costs?
IBO, Age, First Impression, All That Gundam, and War in The Pockey
>>
>>14968769
>In The Pocket
All you need to know is that Chris is the worst gundam pilot in the franchise, Bernie dies, and Alfred gets sad, watch the opening fight in the first episode and the kampfer battle and you just watched the only parts worth caring about.
>>
>>14968769
>All That Gundam
a harmless OVA short meant to showcase glorious animation and gundams
>avoid
>>
File: gundamguide-updated.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide-updated.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>14968559
Form your own opinion.
>>
>>14968559
Must? None, though I'd advise putting SEED, Destiny, and GBF Try at the bottom of your AU list. They're the only ones I actually felt were a waste of time, though even they had a few decent bits.
>>
The only one I feel has absolutely no value even academically is Build Fighters Try
>>
>>14968647
Just watched Unicorn, first few were awesome, especially with animation jump from the earlier UC stuff but seriously what happened to all the other new tyoe pilots. it seemed like the perfect time to bring all the UC characters together for a fibal bout.

Also stupid plot, "lets avoid violence!". Couple decades later there was that bug genocide shit with spinnning murdering blades
>>
>>14969195
How is that stupid?

Unicorn wishing for peace means it's fucking stupid?
>>
>>14968559
Don't skip anything. You only need to stick with production order until CCA, then you're safe to watch whatever OVA or side story you want in whatever order you want since they don't really expand on late UC much. As far as Alternate Universes like 00, Wing, Seed, G, X, etc are concerned you can watch them in any order, whenever you want.

>>14968758
This is also acceptable
>>
>>14968559
Even thought the quality is debatable origin is pretty alright and tells the story of Char but if you want to be surprised by the twist watch 0079
>>
>>14968935
I still feel that last negative on G Gundam should be changed
>>
>>14968567

>Zeta is trash.

I honestly thought I was the only on3 who believed that.

I think much of my taste differs from /m though. I thought Deep Space 9 was fucking terrible outside of a few memorable characters.
>>
>>14971180
Zeta is the sequel to the original. How did Gundam fuck it up that quick?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.