[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your thoughts on Zambot 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Your thoughts on Zambot 3?
>>
>>14964710
Was Butcher the best Tomino villian?
Funny how he also shared a bithday with the girl pilot as well.
>>
>>14964813
He definitely is among the best ones.
>>
Incredibly ahead of its time even though some episodes are not that good. I think it would work great for live action movie.
>>
>>14964710

I'm a third of the way in. Kappei is kind of a bastard, but it is making for a good character arc. Really good stuff all around so far.
>>
>>14964710
It doesn't overstay its welcome, which is kind of a feat for a MOTW show, specially for its time. I honestly think it's one of the best things with Tomino's name in it.

Everything feels intentional, except for the atrocious animation. I read only two people tops worked on these episodes, and there was no supervisor at all. Aside from that, I think it's definitely one of the best 70s mecha series. Definitely a must watch, even if you're not particularly fond of Tomino.
>>
>>14964813
>>14965094
Butcher was great but I wish we were shown more about the Gaizok in the second half of the show. The ending was a really quick fuck you to everything and Kappei didn't deserve it.

Also the Human Bomb episodes, man. Really didn't sign up for that.
>>
>>14964710
It's the best super robot show of it's decade, and--low quality animation aside--among the best super robot shows, period.
>>
File: 1371320504720.png (296KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1371320504720.png
296KB, 640x480px
>>14965187
>Kappei is kind of a bastard
>>14965321
>The ending was a really quick fuck you to everything and Kappei didn't deserve it.

It's a really tight rope to walk, when the main character is a tremendous jerk but your heart bleeds for him anyways, but Zambot 3 fucking nails it.

Most people talk about the human bomb parts or the ending (and for good reason), but one of the most powerful scenes of the show is when Kappei's friend, tired of all this alien shit, takes a shotgun to Kappei's family--and Kappei's mom slaps that child down. Everything about that scene is set up to be absolutely tragic, but it's solved safely by keeping calm and being an adult.

The show suffered from some of the problems of all 70's cartoons (robot or otherwise), but when it got running on all cylinders it was absolutely the top of it's class.
>>
File: tomino_hates_the_human_race.png (290KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tomino_hates_the_human_race.png
290KB, 640x480px
>>14965478
>Kappei's mom slaps that child down
That's one of the best Tomino slaps, and one of the first if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not even memeing, Kozuki really gets his shit together after that slap.
>>
>>14965263
Doesn't hurt that it most likely got cancelled (which is just as well, if those poor animators had to do everything themselves). Would have been nice to see those MP Zambots though.
>>
>>14965478
>when the main character is a tremendous jerk
Well, the point is that he is just a child. It's easy to forget that if you've watched a lot of shows where small children can easily take on the responsibilities of an adult without repercussions.
The last scenes in particular drive this in.
I watched Zambot after a lot of Tomino's other shows and it was nice to see that the importance of family was the major theme in his works even that early on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.