[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a western adaptation of Patlabor actually work? Or even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: CMGxoFaUMAAosrg.jpg (61KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
CMGxoFaUMAAosrg.jpg
61KB, 600x401px
Could a western adaptation of Patlabor actually work?

Or even just a spin-off about the New York labor team?
>>
>could
Yes cop shows work anywhere you set them, and patlabor is a cop show.

>would it
They'd fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>14958907
>They'd fuck it up somehow.
How so? Shit mech designs? Unlikable characters?
>>
>>14958931
burger finds a way
>>
>>14958903
Hmmm. Yes. The original ghostbusters movies had a Patlabor vibe.

Just make it fun and witty. But robots make for expensive special effects.
>>
>>14958931
>Shit mech designs?
Yes.

>>14958931
>Unlikable characters?
Depends, but I'm 100% sure they'll ruin the mech design.
>>
>>14958903
Was thinking of that too for a while.
Mech design might be the obvious way to mess it up, but I can kind of see it being a good comedy/cop movie.
>>
>>14958903
the theory is certainly sound
there's been plenty of successful character-centered cop shows that were light action / comedy / drama type stuff
in practice I would expect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfJsViD9SjM
>>
>>14958903
it could work, I enjoyed the Voltron. long as they don't screw up the what makes patlabor a patlabor.
>>
>>14958931
Knowing some fuck here would ruin it, not even have the proper mecha design.

Be prepared for way more social commentary than normal though.
>>
>>14959477
Alura a stacked but pidge a QT
>>
>>14958903
I mean I wouldn't mind a one off movie that had a good budget just please god don't let the usual hollywood fucks design the labors because I might vomit seeing Alphonse in the shitty michael bay overdesigned clusterfuck transformer art style. But yeah a story of cops that try to get along to fight crime with big robots can easily work here in the states.
>>
>>14958903
It could totally work. Partners that start out kind of annoyed by each other's quirks and end up super tight and/or wanting to fuck are a staple of police fiction, put that in giant robots and you're already looking at a more fateful adaption than GitS that also has a better chance of actually working in a western film.
>>
>>14959565
>Be prepared for way more social commentary than normal though.
I can see it now. Officer Ota put on paid administrative leave after firing on an unarmed black labor. #LaborLivesMatter
>>
>>14958903
It'd probably be filled with a bunch of fujoshit bait.
>>
File: Patlabor.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Patlabor.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>14960566
I'd be more afraid of the west's retard need to please the lgbt crowds.

the thought of Noa being made into a transgender or Yamazaki a homosexual would drive me over the edge
>>
>>14960566

Yes. We wouldn't want that.
>>
File: 1438400045907.gif (938KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438400045907.gif
938KB, 267x200px
>>14960601
>TransNoa
How dare you even suggest that? Any adaption where she is not a beautiful young woman with a healthy interest in robots of the giant variety is not one I'm interested in.
>>
>>14960601
If you spent less time on 4chan you would realise there is not a SJW conspiracy out to ruin everything you know and love.
>>
>>14958944
When was the last something the west made something as good as the Ghostbusters?
It's been a really long time.
>>
>>14960601
>the thought of Noa being made into a transgender or Yamazaki a homosexual

Christ.
>>
>>14961108
It was never that good. It's just nostalgia.
>>
>>14962288
>>14962309
>>
>>14960765

it's not a conspiracy, but it is a shitty fad.
>>
File: izumi.gif (690KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
izumi.gif
690KB, 500x336px
Does anyone have the .gif of Noa activating the console controls?

I miss the archive.
>>
>>14958903
No. exoskeleton suit everywhere can't see the fucking actor face exoskeleton everywhere!!!
>>
>>14964939
what
>>
>>14958931
All of the above.

When was the last time a cartoon actually had good characters, and not HURR MUH SHIPPING "good" like Korra.
>>
>>14958903
That episode was a waste of potential in showing how other countries use patlabors.
>>
Patlabor with the cast from the Wire, would be fool proof
>>
In the 80s Patlabor would have been C.O.P.S, the 90s basically Police Squad/Naked Gun or some Extreme shit.

Now? I think it could work.
>>
>>14967310

I would love COPS with labors instead of police cars. COPS is comfy as fuck to watch.
>>
File: leslie.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
leslie.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>14967310
>he doesn't want to see Naked Gun Patlabor
>>
>>14960765
t. /co/mblrite.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.