[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newtypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: valwally.jpg (208KB, 800x653px) Image search: [Google]
valwally.jpg
208KB, 800x653px
What's the deal with newtypes?

If the whole reason to push people to space is to create more newtypes who can better understand and empathize with each other to decrease the amount of conflict, why do we have several newtypes who fight on opposite sides?

I mean amuro and char both disagree over whether the ends justify the means, and got pissed over not having lahlah. How will everyone being newtypes end conflict?
>>
TELL MEEEEEE
>>
>>14956950
Can you condense that to one single question no longer than five words? Beyond that is just too much effort to give on gundam lore.
>>
>>14956950
of course an earthnoid like yourself wouldn't understand us. only newtypes can understand newtypes
>>
>>14957051

best I can do is

People space -> newtypes -> no fighting

BUT

Newtypes do fight
>>
>>14957065
Circumstances.
>>
>>14957073

that's the reason non-newtypes fight too buddy
>>
>>14956950
Just because you can understand someone doesn't mean you will agree with them.
>>
>>14957123

then how can the goal of moving people to space possibly be worth decimating earth
>>
>>14957128
Because the Earth will heal in time.
>>
>>14957136

yeah but why kill millions of people to move them to space if, as you are saying, the change to newtypes won't really end conflict anyway

Is there any character that takes this position? I thought the whole purpose of creating newtypes was that the increased understanding would end conflict.
>>
>>14957142
Honestly if you read that gundam novel written by Tomino it makes a whole lot more sense. The newtypes band together in the end. It just took a sacrifice and a newtype death wail/final message/psychic cumshot to get them to realize shit.
>>
>>14957149
yeah newtype stuff in general gets much better handled in the books, like how prescience makes a ton more sense in the Dune books compared the the movie/miniserieses.
>>
>>14956950
It's dumb new age hippy bullshit. People in the seventies actually thought we would all become magic psychics and use magic telepathy to end all conflict. Who cares about things like food, resources, and culture, we're all magic psychics now so LOL!
>>
>>14957151
>>14957149

What makes the concept in the book any different?
>>
>>14957542
It's not so much different as the expression of it is less abstract.
If you've read Dune there's a good parallel in how visions are handled. In the movie some artsy shit happens but in the book its a lot more coherent.
>>
>>14957128
It isn't. Hell, living in space actually seems to make people crazier rather than more enlightened.
>>
>>14956950

Tomino's point was that progressive rhetoric about humanity becoming peaceful and enlightened due to x,y or z is generally bullshit. He used newtype ideology as an example to make this point.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.