[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this guy's name? Did Jamitov kill him too?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Admiral.jpg (143KB, 1228x921px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral.jpg
143KB, 1228x921px
What was this guy's name? Did Jamitov kill him too?
>>
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gene_Coliny
>>
>>14955600
woah the rabbit hole goes deeper. I'm gonna look for CDA
>>
File: 2832655391475279738.jpg (74KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
2832655391475279738.jpg
74KB, 320x320px
>>14955578
>That cell shading
God dammnit if 0083 wasn't freaking gorgeous
>>
>>14955658
0083 is underrated in my book. For stupid reasons /m/ never appreciated it.
>>
>>14955658

It's all it has going for it. That and the mecha designs.

Even its music is all stolen from late 80s/early 90s trailer music.
>>
File: 2644534267828.jpg (183KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
2644534267828.jpg
183KB, 900x699px
>>14955677

There are a lot of genuine things wrong with 0083 that it properly gets shit on for by /m/.
>>
File: 4100853127_34f4d9316d_b.jpg (282KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
4100853127_34f4d9316d_b.jpg
282KB, 1024x698px
>>14955677
It's my favorite Gundam, but it has some big issues. Characterization comes to mind; it's short enough the supporting characters don't change and seem as they are at the beginning. It's a sequel-prequel, which is fun to play with but it never gets mentioned. The consequences it works with are predetermined or self inserted. Zeta never had a world building "that Naval review got nuked" or "that other colony drop" tie in. Or anything about the time since 79. Back to the characters: the love triangle is famously bad. Bad. Bad. Gato is a soldier and done O-K in that regard but anything with Nina is just outlandishly coincidental and fails to expand him as a character. Instead it expands his role, it makes him Captain Plot Device rather than solidifying him as the rival bad guy. Kou is a safe progression of a hero, not much to look at there. And that's his issue. Nina is well done overall as a challenged character; she makes mistakes and her actions have an effect on things. Then She ties into Gato and it just sucks, and her part in the finale suffers for it. There are a lot of other routes they could have made to build Nina and Kou, but they took a poor one. Cima and Delaz, the crew of the Albion, are all very static but fun to have on screen.

Beyond that deep valley there's a lot of good: production value, designs, pacing, some great action, the overall plot, and lots of good moments along the way.
>>
>>14955679
I remember music being ripped from the thing and darkman. Where there any else?
>>
>>14955677
>/m/ never appreciated it.
>Thinking /m/ is one people

If your favorite show is not being discuss here it can only summed up to two things

1.) It was good, hence no shitpost, no trolls and no discussion could be made

2.) It was gundoh musashi tier

All and all most /m/ agree the visual and the mechs are sexy but the characterization of Nina kill the show. fuckin bitch
>>
>>14955784
I agree with you word for word here.

I do have one question though why was Basq and Jamitov working with Cima? I know it was to form the Titans and have that faction operate as the strings of the Federation. What I don't understand is the original plan was for the colony to be destroyed by Solar System II, and it failed. Did Basq intended for it to fail or did it not matter in the end and he used the colony drop crises to form the Titans anyway?
>>
>>14955784
>Zeta never had a world building "that Naval review got nuked" or "that other colony drop"
I was surprised when I rewatched Zeta, that it does make mention of the colony drop. It's just one of many details that's mentioned briefly in passing, kind of like how ZZ's memorial chapel thing never really got expounded upon until Unicorn.

>>14955658
>God dammnit if 0083 wasn't freaking gorgeous
Isn't it sad how awful Origin looks by comparison? 0083 really refined and detailed the character designs, it's a shame that Origin eschews that for simpler designs that allow for more in between frames which look all wobbly and weird
>>
>>14956812
I'd have to rewatch the ending to get specifics, but the proto-Titan committee would have been able to point at the fiasco no matter what. Basq seemed more than happy when the Solar System II was used; but it's failure wouldn't change his end game. The Zeon forces were already his cat's paw. Delaz had all his chips in and could be expected to act certain way, Cima was a traitor willing to hand them all over for a deal (and likely the main informant). Cima clearly gave no shits about anyone, and was probably going to be double-crossed by the Titans. So Titans halt the colony, they get to point at how unsecured the whole Earthsphere is. The Titans fail, they get to point at how unsecure the whole Earthsphere is.
>>
>>14956828
I'm still convinced that if Imanishi wasn't a replacement director for 0083 to begin with, most of the animation would have been early CGI instead.
>>
>>14956812
Basically from what I can gather, the entire plan was for Cima to sell out Delaz and to bring him back as a war trophy, then use the Solar System II to destroy the colony.

However, not only did Cima manage to fail to bring back Delaz, the Solar System II failed to take out the colony, ruining the entire initial plan. Bask and Jamitov both were in panic mode when they thought the colony was going to hit Jaburo. However, Gato proceeded to change the colonies drop point due to "muh ideals" and the colony misses its original target at Jaburo and kills millions in North America and damages the mass granaries across the area.

As a result, the Titans were able to form all the same, despite being unable to stop the colony. Had Gato allowed the colony to fall on Jaburo as planned, Jamitov and Gene Conaly would have both died, killing the major founders of the Titans and potentially crippling the Federation Earthside.
>>
>>14957197
I could never figure out why Gato changed the trajectory. Why hit anywhere else beside Jaburo?
>>
>>14957298

From Gato's point of view, he thought taking out Jaburo would be a justification for the Federation to rally to public to its cause to pull more civilians to fight for it. By attacking Civilians exclusively, he had expected it would demoralize Earth's population into leaving spacenoids alone, along with starving out countless innocents on the planet. The problem with that whole chain of logic was that the Titans just ended up raiding multiple colonies for food and supplies and claimed they were being nationalized for the Federation as a sign of loyalty.

In short, Gato chose to be idealistic instead of pragmatic at the worst time. Attacking Jaburo would have killed the Titans high command, stopping the events of Zeta.
>>
>>14957453

>attacking civilians instead of the corrupt institution causing problems
>not looking back to history and realizing attacking civies is the surest path to rallying support against whatever cause initiated the attack

Gato didn't think that one through very well, if at all.
>>
File: Zeon's_Noble_Goal.jpg (169KB, 720x1908px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon's_Noble_Goal.jpg
169KB, 720x1908px
>>14957485
He's just following in the footsteps of his idol.
>>
File: Nieul.jpg (110KB, 1228x921px) Image search: [Google]
Nieul.jpg
110KB, 1228x921px
>>14957453
>>14957485

He probably made that decision in haste realizing he was being used this whole time and saw what was unfolding around him.

If anyone had the luxury of time to digest what had happened Gato would have thought twice. But anyone even as someone experienced as him would have made such a mistake without realizing the actual impact that would have.

It's almost like second guessing yourself on a multiple choice test and erasing the right answer.
>>
>>14957496
That would be fine if Gato was not sitting around a parrot of Gihrens ideals, Delaz. Delaz literally explained to Gato over and over again why Jaburo was a vital target to attack and how cutting the head off the Federation would do more than attacking assets that did not concern the Federation as much.

Its funny actually, in the Gihrens Greed game series, namely Blood of Zeon for the PS1, the best option for Zeon is to lose the One Year War, while stockpiling resources for later. In losing the war, the Federation utterly dwindles its own resources and gains the hate of much of Earth and Space, making the return so much easier for Zeon to manage. Essentially the idea goes...

Step 1: Invade and capture most of Earth, leaving only Jaburo in Federation control.
Step 2: Boost your tech level while keeping a steady flow of income from both Earth and Space.
Step 3: In the last months of the war, abandon all of your Earth holdings and reinforce all positions in space to stop the Federation from attempting a space counter attack.
Step 4: Allow the retake all of Earth, leading to an agreement to end the war in the Federations favor. Gihren will escape to Axis with most of the elite of Zeon. None of the Zabi's will defect on this path and A.E.U.G will become a loyal ally to Zeon in the war against the Federation.
Step 5: Use your overwhelming company support, resources/money saved from the One Year War and A.E.U.G allies to strangle out the Federation on Earth.
Step 6: Before you defeat the Federation, slaughter you A.E.U.G allies and use the general public to stand exclusively with Zeon, leading to overwhelming support for Zeon after the Federation falls.

Result:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmRT6MwJfJ8

A better future.
>>
>>14957601
I wished this happened in an OVA like Origin
>>
>>14957453
>>14957485
>>14957496
Really? I was pretty certain it was because the glancing hit from the Solar System sent it off course, and he just adjusted it to the next best target.
>>
>>14956828
>it's a shame that Origin eschews that for simpler designs that allow for more in between frames
The Origin fairly accurately replicates the style of the manga, which is very expressive and exaggerated in comparison to 0079 where the faces are much more static by comparison.

You'd have to rebuild the art style from the ground up if you wanted to take Yas's character designs and give them 0083 levels of detail and shading.

The real tragedy is the CG mecha, and I don't even dislike CG mecha. The Origin's mecha are a joy to look at in the manga and the OVA's animation is painfully limp. I despise the director for denying us Unicorn-tier animation just because CG is a shiny new toy for him to play with, while doing absolutely nothing with it to justify it.
>>
>>14956828
>which look all wobbly and weird
That's how actual animation with a proper budget tends to look Famicom.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.