[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getter Devolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: devo 2.png (255KB, 974x1400px) Image search: [Google]
devo 2.png
255KB, 974x1400px
Why did they make Ryouma such a bitch?
>>
File: devo 3.png (262KB, 974x1400px) Image search: [Google]
devo 3.png
262KB, 974x1400px
>>14954396
What a fucking pussy.
>>
>>14954396
Because anon, otaku like us can't relate to strong men anymore.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-01-051.png (251KB, 1012x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-01-051.png
251KB, 1012x1480px
>>14954396
>>14954398
>>14954584
Ryouma's had breakdowns before in other media. The one you posted is even similar to the very first chapter of the 70s manga.
>>
>>14954584
>reacting to death and violence like someone who isn't in a coma means you aren't a man
Please tell me about how you're going to be such a badass when your mom dies and you suddenly have to either get a job or kill yourself.
>>
>>14954706
That's Ryouma being angry, not Ryouma crying.
>>
File: 1479460222855.jpg (57KB, 417x433px) Image search: [Google]
1479460222855.jpg
57KB, 417x433px
>>14954706
This breakdown feels like a blend of the one you posted and the one from Shin where he quits the Getter team after seeing the future that could come from Getter. Though an issue is Ryoma loved to fight so his seeming uneagerness to fight is kinda out of character. Also Ryoma always has been fighting for his life, even when he expressed hatred for being on the Getter team he kept piloting because he knew that saving the world was much more important than any self fulfillment or personal happiness. That's why despite everyone he knew dying in Shin, he still returned to pilot Shin Getter when he was needed. Ryomas priorities are: the world > the lives of his friends > self-preservation.

This outbreak isn't out of character, but how he's doing it feels wrong for Ryoma.
>>
>>14954396
>>14954398
>>14956311

calm down pedro, it's probably room for character developent
>>
>everyone expects Ryoma to do his 'trying to look badass to avoid prison rape' routine in every story now
Armageddon was a mistake.
>>
>>14956394
Mother fuckers have you read the manga? Ryoka freaks, asks Saotome wtf is going on, gets an answer and says "alright, well I guess I'm killing dinos then" and proceeds to be a badass.
>>
>>14956394
Every version except for Dash/Darkness have Ryoma as having a steel will and putting what he cares about second to protecting earth.
>>
What everyone else said already.

In any case what I really want to know is if Ryoma's from alternate universes will show up.
I'd love to see New Getter Ryoma again.
It would be really great if he were in his respective style too.
>>
>>14956869
>>14956414
The way this manga is shaping, Ryoma will probably fall into badassery soon enough. Nothing wrong with giving him a more troubled backstory.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.