[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is this like a parody of Gundam or something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 3891522953_4052f0b4ae[1].jpg (66KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
3891522953_4052f0b4ae[1].jpg
66KB, 350x399px
So is this like a parody of Gundam or something?
>>
>>14952020
Would you care to elaborate on why you think it's a parody?
>>
>>14952139
Every episode introduces a pilot and then kills him, which is like a rigidly formulaic version of a narrative device the main franchise is a bit too prone of using anyway. The CG mocap is crafted so as to drive the hamfistedness of its acting completely over the top into comedy, and the fact that it's more photo-realistic designs completely fall flat when directed like an anime (I busted a gut when Sonnen and Monique Cadillac [also that name holy shit] both look like fucking puppets with surprise painted on their faces when they see each other).

If it is parody it's really good. I laughed really hard watching it.
>>
>>14952231
The CGI is pretty goofy but it's not really a parody. Just more "MUH HORRORS OF WAR" that the franchise loves. It also gave us the Zudah which makes up for any shortcomings.
>>
>>14952247
Don't forget the reaction face material.

Remember reaction faces?
Oh wait no we're in the salty era of /m/.
>>
>>14952247
That's a good point. Zudah is life.
>>
>>14952263
>Oh wait no we're in the salty era of /m/.
I think I've been called reddit cancer for posting a reaction face.
>>
>>14952231
>Every episode introduces a pilot and then kills him, which is like a rigidly formulaic version of a narrative device the main franchise is a bit too prone of using anyway.
It goes with the theme of desperation and using an experimental weapon while being on the losing side. Just because a named character dies doesn't make it a parody of something that happens in the main franchise.

>The CG mocap is crafted so as to drive the hamfistedness of its acting completely over the top into comedy, and the fact that it's more photo-realistic designs completely fall flat when directed like an anime (I busted a gut when Sonnen and Monique Cadillac [also that name holy shit] both look like fucking puppets with surprise painted on their faces when they see each other).
The show was made in an era where CG was still effectively in its infancy, by a studio that's had limited to zero experience using CG, particularly when it comes to CG human beings. It's not like a feature franchise movie made by Squaresoft, or a CG cutscene by old Blizzard. Besides which, CG human beings (and CG in general) is still awful in shows made today, unless you have a AAA-movie tier budget and at least one or two years of production time to back you up.
>>
>>14952290
The MS animation was far better than anything seen in, say, The Origin, which has painfully mediocre CG.
>>
>>14952296
wew lad
>>
>>14952290
So you're saying it's not a parody, and is just a huge piece of shit instead.

Alright thanks for clearing it up.
>>
File: images (11).jpg (20KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
20KB, 443x332px
>>14952247
>Zudah

That's right and you sir... you have a patrician taste.
>>
>>14952308
You're acting like Gundam in general doesn't have a bunch of stupid shit in it. That kind of stuff's been part and parcel of the franchise ever since 0079.

There's no such thing as perfect, and no true fan would deny that Gundam is full of flaws despite still being better produced than most of its contemporaries. Hell, for all that everyone raves about Star Trek TOS, it's widely acknowledged that it also has a bunch of shit in it.
>>
>>14952247
This. It doesn't matter how bad Igloo is at any point. Zudah is olev and makes up for literally everything.
>>
>>14952336
I'm willing to believe that every episode of IGLOO had a 10% chance of being incredible, and we only got 9 episodes through it and simply ended up with the most likely roll of the dice each time.
>>
>>14952231
It's more a vignette formula. It's supposed to show off what we really care about in Gundam: the robots. One new one every episode.

And for the most part it worked; we got the Oggo out of it, the wonderful Hildolfr, and the resplendent Zudah. The former two only had limited release kits, but the Zudah has firmly taken a place as a legacy HG kit.

And for once, for all the people accusing Igloo of Zeonwank, it does have everybody losing in the end, and everybody facing up to what's honestly a shitty position from the get-go.
>ship gets drafted for military service
>few people at all particularly WANT to fight
>their new wunderweapon dies every goddamn time they get a new one to study
>otherwise innocent kids die in weaponized space trashcans
>douchebag Nazi officer guy who makes life uncomfortable
>eventually they all have to risk everything they have at A Baoa Qu and still lose
>AND you know that the fun isn't over yet in the UC and that they're still going to get shit on for the next forty years or so in the ongoing bullshit of the OYW, the war that happens every year
>>
E N T R Y
N
T
R
Y
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.