[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:controversial opinions Gundam would be good without mechs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 21

File: Sentinel_2.jpg (108KB, 800x345px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel_2.jpg
108KB, 800x345px
ITT:controversial opinions
Gundam would be good without mechs
>>
>>14951148
Gundam only has ugly mechs, but even without mechs it's still dumb and boring.
>>
>>14951148
Who was in the wrong here? Did Optimus forgot about geneva convention?
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 1000x800px
>>14951148
>>
>>14951148
valvrager get out
>>
>>14951159
Gundam is fucking shit to be quite honest
>>
>>14951238
Optimus "War crime" Prime don't have time to care about shit like that
>>
>>14951159
>Gundam only has ugly mechs,
X GON GIVE IT TO YA
>>
>>14951148
Bayformers are incredibly better than the G1 cartoon
>>
>>14951372
Not THAT is a controversial opinion
>>
>>14951402
They said controversial,. not utter bullshit no one could possibly believe.
>>
>>14951238
>Who was in the wrong here?
Well I am going to say Sentinel on the technicality of "not being Optimus Prime".
>>
Nobody should like G Gundam after they turn 18
>>
>>14951402
This. The G1 cartoon is easily the weakest part of the Transformers franchise, a handful of standout episodes aside. The first, third and fourth Bay movies are leagues ahead of it.
>>
File: 12132434.png (624KB, 797x549px) Image search: [Google]
12132434.png
624KB, 797x549px
The AEUG sucked and was the most boring faction in UC.
>>
Thing you like are bad and you're a bad person if you object.

Things I like are good and you don't have the right to disagree.

I miss the days we could have unpopular opinion threads that weren't 100% angry shitposting.
>>
>>14951148
also mechs are unrealistic
>>
Mecha is fucking terrible.
>>
Nobody should like Zeta after they turn 12
>>
I actually believe Unicorn to be a well written roast of the Universal Century.
>>
I don't think the Banshee norn looks bad.
I liked it since teaser images came out and I hate cluster fuck designs seen in most gunpla competition.
>>
File: 1478965458158.png (317KB, 636x474px) Image search: [Google]
1478965458158.png
317KB, 636x474px
>>14952133
>Unicorn
>well written
>>
>>14951148
Depends on the series but I don't think they should remove them outright. That being said Zeta definitely suffered by having to have the obligatory fight at the last five minutes of every episode.
>>
File: HAHAAH.jpg (109KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAAH.jpg
109KB, 960x540px
>"NO, NO PRIME DON'T KILL ME PLEASE, HAVE MERCY PLEASE OPTIMUS I BEG OF YOU, HAVE YOU NO MERCY? PLEASE OPTIMUS I'LL DO ANYTHING! ANYTHING PLEAS OPTIMUS DON'T DO THIS OPTIMUS! YOU CAN'T DO THS OPTIMUS! THINK ABOUT IT OPTIMUS! PLEASE PRIME! I DIDN'T WANT THINGS TO TURN OUT THIS WAY! OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PLEASE HAVE MERCY DON'T POINT AT ME PLEASE PRIME PLEASEEEEEE"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>14953207
>pls don't kill my life like how i kill a lot of humans and ironhide
>>
>>14953207
>"freedom is the right of only white men"
>>
>>14951148

Gundam would be better without Newtype bullshit and Gunpla marketing.
>>
>>14953207
where did this meme come from so fast
>>
File: 5SNATCHER_016-620x.jpg (26KB, 620x354px) Image search: [Google]
5SNATCHER_016-620x.jpg
26KB, 620x354px
>>14951148
Small robots are better than big robots.
>>
>>14951148
>Gundam 08th MS without mechs

so, Tour of Duty?
>>
>>14951148
Sometimes I wish this place would be shut down and we had to go to eternitychan just because whatever moderation our local sahib provides would be much more preferable to the unmonitored shitposting that happens here.
>>
>>14953714
It's not a meme just because someone on /tv/ spams it daily.

Back on track: I've never found a mecha show with good dialogue/character interaction. Like any anime, 10% of the lines just seem to be saying another character's name to place emotional context. And that context is usually already established.
>>
File: Karu Maceko.jpg (47KB, 708x573px) Image search: [Google]
Karu Maceko.jpg
47KB, 708x573px
Macek did nothing wrong
>>
>>14953773
At this point the only way to curb shitposting is with EXTREME VETTING.
>>
>>14954020
huh i don't see that in G-reco
>>
>>14951148
Do you mean giant robots specifically, or mechanized warfare in general?
>>
>>14951238

That really doesn't apply to superweapons who can kill entire armies on their own and can't be contained coventionally.

Sentinel isn't a human who can be rendered harmless by locking them in a cell and taking away all their weapons. He on his own smashed into the impenertrable NEST vault, fought off the whole NEST army himself and later fought Optimus and all the Autobots solo and the only thing stopping him from killing Optimus was Megatron randomly deciding to save him, a chance that won't happen again.

It's impossible to let Sentinel live on good faith. Unless they were going to just let him die of his injuries once he'd healed he'd get back up and start killing them all again.
>>
>>14953207

He meant "I'll say whatever so you keep me alive and I can stab you in the back again later. Also just ignore how you begged for mercy and I was going to kill you anyway a minute ago thanks."
>>
Sentai basically has zero idea where to put their mech fights on. In a middle city? Look at all that property and population damage!
>>
>>14951457
t. butthurt geewunner

>>14951685
I really disliked the fourth for ditching the alt mode kibble. It made the toys so much shittier than even the first movie.
>>
File: 51E6T5HF5GL.jpg (2MB, 2517x1728px) Image search: [Google]
51E6T5HF5GL.jpg
2MB, 2517x1728px
I pretty much like all /m/ stuff. Just some more than others. I also enjoy modern anime as well as old anime.
>>
>>14951148
Not an opinion,but rather a question. What's with all the random image dump threads?
>>
File: 20090708000807.jpg (130KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
20090708000807.jpg
130KB, 600x821px
I think chicken-like legs for mecha are just as cool if not cooler than human-like legs.
>>
File: 1438992305203.jpg (142KB, 1258x644px) Image search: [Google]
1438992305203.jpg
142KB, 1258x644px
>>14955286
There's not many image dump threads. Honestly I wish there were more. I just like looking at cool ass mecha.

There's too many threads that are "Discuss X show that has been discussed every week for the past 20 years." I get that there could be newcomers that want to discuss an old show, but it feels like those threads are exactly the same thing every time they're posted.
>>
Valvrave is â– â– â– â– 
>>
File: Get ready for Mecha.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Get ready for Mecha.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
Generals are great for consolidating discussion, and not annoying other board goers.
However I see them as an excuse for mods to not do their job.
The creation of generals brought an end to creativity, the intermingling of board goers, and also gave rise to sub-cliques within boards.
Trip-faggotry was never really an issue before generals, as they either had some personality to them or were dedicated trolls. However within generals, tripfaggotry are no more than assholes who think 4chan is some forum to attention-whore in.

What is /m/'s identity even nowadays?
Even with our population so low, /m/ has nothing interesting about it going on.
Everyone just hides away in their generals, of which this board is near full of them.
>>
File: [Gym].jpg (31KB, 462x356px) Image search: [Google]
[Gym].jpg
31KB, 462x356px
I'm watching Code Geass R2 for the first time, and while it's not as enjoyable as the first season, I think it's pretty decent so far.
>>
The main TV series of Gundam are mostly shit, a few OVAs, novels and manga are worth.

anglocucks feel inferior to italian/mexican/frenchfags because they knew dynamicproshit before them, why? I have no idea, maybe its just a few braindead shitposters.
>>
I don't remember love nor that ol' lullaby
>>
>>14955322
neotokyo?
>>
>>14952072
More like 'Anime is fucking terrible'. No, I'm not even baiting/jking around.
>>
>>14955960
Finally, someone here has some sense
>>
File: Rahxephon3.jpg (189KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rahxephon3.jpg
189KB, 706x1000px
There is a point where even popular animes cease to just have similarities and common tropes and should be considered as no different from a chinese ripoff.
This point is sometime reached before the show even start.
>>
>>14955434
R2 is just as good as R1
>>
File: NT2013_Screen01.jpg (636KB, 1600x870px) Image search: [Google]
NT2013_Screen01.jpg
636KB, 1600x870px
>>14955633
I don't think so. I think it's just a random tank mech, might not be from anything.

But I do love the Neotokyo aesthetic.
>>
>>14956376
Gezz I wonder what inspired this mods... certainly some cheezy american cyberpunk fiction
>>
Japan needs to do less humanoid robots and more space fighters
>>
>>14951685
>>14956274
Fuck you guys in particular
>>
>>14956792
whut

G1 is HannaBarberra tier cartoon, it just about villains making evil plans then the good guys resolve it. repeat for 3 seasons with horrible korean animation.

the movie is not even that good, everything falls apart when they're in junk planet
>>
File: suchheroicnonsense.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
suchheroicnonsense.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>14956803

As a kid I only ever had the tape of the 1986 movie. It was "my" transformers.

Fuck me I was disappointed when I finally saw some of the original cartoon when I was older.
>>
>>14953217
>Ironhide
That somehow made me upset.
>>
>>14951148
I finished Beast Machines a few days ago and, honestly, it's not as bad as transfags say. The story is good , and the mystical tone is actually interesting, and proves Hasbro was willing to do something new instead of just retreading G1 again. It's the execution what bogs it down: the constant running through blue, empty, repetitive environments, Megatron doing nothing most of the time and letting his generals fight (and they are boring too), the lack of humour, some of the faces going fully into the uncanny valley (fucking Nightscream)... And I admit the thing with Rhinox is bullshit and doesn't amount to anything at the end.

But even with all of that, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a toy of Primal that isn't giant and has a monkey ass behind its head.
>>
>>14956792
>geewunner
>rahxefag
It's like you have literal autism
>>
>>14955409
I would post more if everything i like didn't have the shitposting drown out the actual discussion.
>>
>>14956871
Which brings up another point.
Generals are easy to ruin with shitposting due to the consolidation of discussion.
Sure, people could simply ignore shitposting.
But we don't all have that kind of willpower. Plus it's difficult if the shitposter chooses to spam the thread.
>>
free speech was a mistake
>>
>>14956871
Shitposting is easy to ignore, especially with the inteoduction of word filters.
Just gotta resist the urge to fight em. Either that or just play along.
>>
>>14957239
Or report them and then get yelled at by the mods for filing so many reports in such a short amount of time.
>>
If you put Heero Yui in EVA-1 BOTH series would have been much better
>>
>>14957260
But waga tomodachi, 0 + 0 would still be 0.
>>
I think TTGL was perfect. It wasn't the best anime ever but it was short and concise and after almost ten years I'm still not off the hype train. Could it have been better? Sure. I'm positive someone smarter than me could have improved it without changing the show significantly but that person isn't me.

99% of people who shit on G-Reco do so because they're legitimately too stupid to understand it. It's cool to dislike it but most of the people on /m/ who shit on it unironically simply did not get it.

If you like IBO and dislike G-Reco you have irredeemably shit taste. If you like IBO but as a general rule still like UC and traditional Tomino your taste is merely "bad."

Ufotable is terrible as an animation studio.

Personally, I think Zeta is the weakest UC Gundam. I've given up trying to convince people otherwise. That's not to say I think it's bad, just really slow with too few moments of progression.

Getter Robo, as depicted in Armageddon, is objectively the coolest super robot.

People who unironically bring EGD, Getter Emperor, Aquarion LOGOS, or STTGL into arguments about powerlevel are stupid. People who have powerlevel arguments are also stupid.

I like Tomino's awkward dialogue and find it endearing. On an unrelated note, I don't feel the same way about Nasu./spoiler]

Scopedog is the coolest real robot.

Only the UC Gundam, and G are worth watching to any degree. Unicorn is simply not watchable. 08th MS Team was okay but not good, and IGLOO makes the baby Jesus cry.

Shin Mazinger isn't as bad as Toei Mazinger, but it's still really fucking bad. Mazinkaiser and SKL were both really good, if for different reasons.

Tokuposters should be shot.
>>
Eureka Seven AO is actually okay for the first 10 episodes.
>>
>>14955322
For a while mods actually banned image dump threads as "spam"
>>
>>14951148

Valrave is mediocre, and all this discussion is memes for the sake of memes having more to due with the studio who made it, instead of discussing the show itself.

This goes to other subjects as well. Based on what I've seen I am starting to doubt anyone actually hates G-Reco, A/Z, Delta, whatever, and all this shitposting have more to due with Tomino, Urubutcher and Kawamori for meme purposes.

moot making pilot discussion part of the rules has irrevocably damaged /m/ more than toku ever has. /m/ functioned best as a pure mecha board, and fails as an anime discussion board.

No Rossiu was not right.

Some things on /m/ need generals. Others don't. Generals for SRW, Gunpla, and Symphogear are simply travesties. Gunpla and SRW are so ingrained to /m/, having a general for them is a huge mistake, and discourages discussion due to the weird subcultures that develop in the generals.

Super/Real distinctions are broad categories, not hard lines in the sand.

And for that matter, the defining Real robot show is Gundam, and Macross was the chief imitator that helped establish the genre. Stop pretending that real robot shows are about hardcore operator realism, and IRL tactics. No show like that even exists. Not even Takashi shows. Stop claiming gundam clones are super robot shows. I know you think Super Robot is just an insult, and want to stick the label to these shows, but people who are actually Super Robot fans would rather not here you call a gundam clone a super robot show.

Moe did not damage the mecha genre. Card game shows, and declining birth rates did more damage to mecha. Also the decline in anime quality has more to do with the pay for animators being shit.

/v/ memes aren't funny.

/a/ is not our enemy. Or our friend for that matter. Hell /m/ IRC should be considered more of an enemy, given they organize trolling against the board.
>>
>>14957698

It's kind of like Evol. It's not the whole series is bad, it's that when the bad stuff starts, it over powers the good stuff.
>>
>>14957698
I'd even say it's good right until the Retcon Gun is used for the first time.
>>
>>14952133
>roast
How is it that and not just a wank of early UC?
>>
File: retconcannon.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
retconcannon.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>14957698
it has potential

the setting looks solid and promising

ace action and music

the mysteries are there and the characters are ready to solve it

but then this comes up
>>
>>14956863
This, I've grown to like the show after my initial disgust and I don't think it's as wretched as most people seem to think (not that it's great but to be fair most media in this franchise is rubbish).

I feel it would work better if it was separated into two shows. A legit BW sequel that has more or less the same tone and follows up on some of the things BW set up. And a separate show about this whole "nature and tech" thing that's not connected to any previous series. They tried to cram both into the show and it was a letdown from both sides.
>>
File: tmp_30323-TwpQwyF-1020308799.png (8KB, 482x402px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30323-TwpQwyF-1020308799.png
8KB, 482x402px
>>14951148
>Gundam would be good without Iron Menstruation's shitty plot and garbage designs
FIFY
>>
>>@14961775
Put your trip back on.

>FTFY
ftfy
>>
>>14957698
But that's not an unpopular opinion.

I'm a huge E7 fan and I was willing to roll with AO for the first arc or two. It set up a bunch of mysteries, the action wasn't terrible (although coming from the nice, fast paced E7 fighting it was a bit disappointing) and I liked most of the characters.

And then it all went to shit
>Literally shit all over every bit of happiness the past protagonists fought 50 episodes for
>Throw a shit ton of different story concepts in a blender and take nothing good out of it
>Blueball the fans with references that mean literally nothing and never show up again
>Show only 2 characters from a show with a ton of important, well loved secondaries.

I have never been so disappointed
>>
>>14951148
IBO says otherwise
>>
Rebuild 3.0 is the best thing to come out of the series since EoE.

Does it have its issues? Certainly. Perhaps the most pressing of which was the fact that it feels so divorced from 1 and 2, meaning the mysteries and concepts it brought up didn't have 2 other movies worth of foreshadowing or build-up.

But I love it. The art/animation is fantastic, the plot was out there, the twisting of older NGE aspects worked well, the music is spectacular, and it was a blast to watch.

It felt like the most "NGE" thing that Anno has done in a while. It comes out of nowhere, especially after 1 and 2, and does its thing in such an odd way that I can't help but love it.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.