[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LoGH LN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Volume 3.jpg (55KB, 328x499px) Image search: [Google]
Volume 3.jpg
55KB, 328x499px
Volume 3 came out this week and I haven't seen any thread on it. Who else has their copy already?
>>
Mine came in today, but I havent started reading it yet because I'm only halfway through volume 2.
>>
>>14940849
Thanks for the heads up I nearly forgot about it.
>>
>>14941850
I don't blame you, shit is boring.
>>
I haven't even read the second volume yet. I really haven't had the time to read a book that isn't for a class lately, though.
>>
>>14940849
The first book was so oddly translated that I don't really want to buy the next two.

>Regiments
>Marshal
>Wittenfeld
>>
>>14941864
Epic.....
>>
Got it just today. Been trying to find when is the next one, but have not seen a pre-order for it. That worries me.
>>
>>14942989
The twitter feed said they secured some more volumes.
>>
>>14941958
>Wittenfeld

You know B and V are the same in Japanese, right? It's why Vegeta is romanized as Beijeeta sometimes.

And German names with the V sound are often written with a W.
>>
>>14942989
They've licensed up to 6 now iirc, but the next volume isn't out until next June. I believe that 5 and 6 are due for 2017.
>>
Oh sweet, thanks for the heads up. I've been pretty excited getting to read the books now, especially since I finished up with the Gaidens and everything right before the first one dropped.

Sure it's going over the same stuff, but hey, LoGH is so goddamn good that getting it in a new format is still delightful.

And hell, if it isn't a timely read what with the election right now I don't know what is.
>>
File: LGHmap2.jpg (119KB, 943x690px) Image search: [Google]
LGHmap2.jpg
119KB, 943x690px
>>
Out of curiosity, did the anime ever go over the stuff in volume 1 about Yang's childhood and youth? That half-chapter about his dad, where he learned his idealogical leanings from, and his time at the academy.
>>
>>14946157
Yang's past was explored in one of the Gaiden series iirc.
>>
>>14942992
It just sounds wrong.
>>
>>14946157
Everything that doesn't fit into the original OVA's timeline of 4th Battle of Tiamat - the end is covered in the Gaiden stuff
>>
>>14946243
It doesn't sound like a W, it sounds like a V.
>>
>>14942992
And V is an F.

And then there's the grammar. Krautspeak was a mistake.
>>
>>14946243
Actually if you say them out loud properly they sound the same.
>>
File: logh-characters.png (179KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
logh-characters.png
179KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>14947746
>>14947738
Vittenfeld and Bittenfeld don't sound the same at all. The soft V compared to the hard B makes a completely different impression on you.
>>
Is there actually a good torrent of LOGH cause the one I have doesnt sub all the dialog and it's pretty bad.
>>
>>14940849
Oh nice, I was just gonna make a thread about this, good thing I checked the catalog! Got vol. 3 yesterday and really enjoyed it. Some of the names are weird--it's gonna be tough getting used to "Machungo" instead of "Maschengo"--but otherwise it seems good, they really nailed Yang's dialogue with the court of inquiry.
>>
>>14940849
LoGH has been unavailable in English for decades, but given the poor quality of this new translation, it's hard to say whether that was truly a bad thing. Huddleston's prose is so slavishly devoted to Tanaka's original Japanese text that the path towards the meat of the book quickly becomes a slog. It's easy to lose interest long before the action picks up (no thanks to the unnecessary, lengthy prologue, absent in the anime), and it doesn't help that Tanaka's nearly 35-year-old plot has aged rather poorly; with its overwhelmingly male-dominated story and shallow female characters. It's really hard to find a place for this series amongst the west's more nuanced SF.
>>
>>14948875
Not the guy you're replying to.

The entire fucking point is that they sound exactly the same in Japanese you stupid fuck.
>>
File: haman.jpg (33KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
haman.jpg
33KB, 960x720px
>>14952423
everytime
>>
>>14952460
I can't even get mad at the Publisher's Weekly copypasta anymore, I just start laughing the moment I see "unavailable in English for decades."
>>
>>14952423
> amongst the west's more nuanced SF.
I thought it was
>amonsgt today's more nuanced SF
>>
>>14941958
You're retarted.

That said
>Mashungo
I feel like American would be more likely to know who Louis Machengo was named after.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.