[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross 7 frames of non stock footage animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 18

In the whole series.
>>
Every single episode.
>>
I think if you post like all the frames from one of the first space battles, you'll have covered somewhere between the first 10-20 episodes, action-wise
>>
The loop of Planet Dance's intro is now stuck in your head.
>>
File: Red Valk and Basara.png (1MB, 1212x900px) Image search: [Google]
Red Valk and Basara.png
1MB, 1212x900px
I have a whole folder.

Anything specific?
>>
File: planet dance.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
planet dance.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>14940467
I can hear it

Fuck you
>>
ORE NO STOCKU FOOTEJI WO MITTE
>>
>>14939286
I gotchu
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS, NEW RAY ANIMATION

IS THE FLOWER GIRL GONNA BE A FAT BRUNETTE ON THE NEXT EPISODE OR WHAT?!
>>
Thank God it's back, don't scare me like that.
>>
>>14940305
>the first 10-20 episodes,
More like first 20-early 30s actually

I can't remember when they first landed on a planet but I do remember that was when they kind of had to change the action sequences at least a bit
>>
No one ever said they watched M7 for the animation
>>
>>14939286
>>14940293
>>14942829

>Stock Footage Freddie Mercury is always there for you, anon.
>>
>>14942883

Too dark for Freddie, wrong kind of stache, wrong member of the band. Take your pick.
>>
>>14942876
I'm not, I just kind of wanted to watch the sequel to Macross, that show was such a surprise for me, I loved it to fucking bits. Which is funny because it is kind of infamous for having very, very low points on animation but yeah... this is a new kind of low.

At this point I'm not sure why I'm watching it anymore, just hoping they do something cool with what they have. Or that at least Veffidas gets her own episode. I know she probably doesn't because even the Flower Girl gets to do more shit but please don't answer if she does or not. I want to dream.

At the very least, I really dig the design and look of everything. I might buy the artbook.

>>14942883
It feels like they took a good picture of Ray, made a cardboard cutout of it to scale, stuck some crude mechanism on it and brought it on concerts with them.
>>
>>14942876
>No one ever said they watched M7 for the animation

Macross 7 was a 50 episode series. No other Macross has ever had that many episodes and when considering that SDF most of the time had atrocious animation well Macross 7 isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things.
Of course it can't hold a candle to modern 25 episode Frontier, but then neither can SDF.
>>
>>14942971

No I'd never say the actual animation in 7 was outright BAD, but it was extremely bland and very repetitive.
>>
>>14942971
To be fair, SDF still had quite high highs, albeit very sparse. Some episodes were just gorgeous, you have to give it that. When it got ugly yeah, it was pretty ugly, I'd admit that. But I forgive it anyways because it's still brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2ATPuFUqg

Granted I haven't watched Frontier and I don't now if I plan to, but just a reminder SDF wasn't JUST atrocious.
>>
>>14942971
>Of course it can't hold a candle to modern 25 episode Frontier
I seriously hope you're not serious
>>
File: Basara Leaf.webm (405KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Basara Leaf.webm
405KB, 640x480px
>>14942953
I'm in a similar situation, except I'm at about episode 40.

There have been some really really good moments, and I'm really enjoying it and am excited to see how everything ends.
But man, this really is one slow show.
>>
>>14942971
Frontier has a million times the budget per episode, but still looks like shit compared to the average SDF or 7 animation. Which isn't a high bar
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (83KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
83KB, 1440x1080px
>>14942876
There was some good stuff in the later episodes, this one in particular had some nice shots.
>>
>>14943284
>But man, this really is one slow show.
It's so stretched. I kind of felt the same way about Ideon. Maybe they could have done with a single episode without a space battle so more stuff happens, not repeat the same scene of Basara scaring Sybil three times, or the exact same "GIGIL WANTS TO FIGHT/FIND SYBIL CAUSE HE'S REBELLIOUS AND HE LAUNCHES AN ATTACK HAVE A BATTLE SCENE" set up. Or, I don't know, making singing at least somewhat effective against the bad guys since the start so it didn't feel like it was pointless and Basara was an idiot.

Basara has felt like a jackass since episode one. I don't know if all this self-absorbed hippie shit he does is supposed to be endearing but it just makes him look like a dickweed most of the time.
>>
>>14942876
No that's what Dynamite was for, since that actually DID have good animation.
>>
>>14944019
basara is great

its mylene who's annoying
>>
>>14944030
I can't see that right now, he's the definition of edgy rebel and it doesn't serve that much of a purpose at the point I'm at. Maybe later he redeems himself. Mylene is very annoying too, but her singing voice makes me cum buckets.

I guess I could sing (ha) a similar praise for Nekki but he's just too relentless in his assholery. He just doesn't connect with me. He reminds me more of Kaifun than anybody else.
>>
>>14944049
Who says you have to connect with him? Just laugh at him.
>>
>>14944019
>>14944049

Basara was always right. You're just not at the point where that's apparent yet.
>>
I warmed up to Basara around the same time Gamlin did.
>>
>>14944133
>>14944174
Yes I'm sure his music will make the Protodevils good or defeat them or whatever cause he's the good guy but I still can't stand the way he does things. Only Gamlin and Mylene give him shit and I don't like them either.

>>14944119
I do, I'd give it to this show: it's pretty funny sometimes. Last night I was watching the one were Akiko tried to put Basara in a duet with Alice Holiday and the show cut to the next scene as they were starting to sing in a very abrupt and strange way.

It was like
>"NA-"
>Valkyries flying in space

I'm still laughing about it.
>>
>>14944234
Ok, it wasn't Valkyries flying in space, it was Gigil cumming ectoplasm over Sybil but it's still hilarious to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYqGEAqgMvM&feature=youtu.be&t=12m43s
>>
>>14944234
>Yes I'm sure his music will make the Protodevils good or defeat them or whatever cause he's the good guy

Not quite
>>
>>14944049
>comparing basara to kaifun
Now I know you're actually retarded.
>>
Ok this episode was good, I'd say my favorite so far. Lots of things payed off. I could have done without the animation of the monster charging its pentagram beam like FIVE TIMES but it was great. If there's more like this I'll be fine.

>>14945350
It's a bit of an exaggeration, but not THAT farfetched of a comparison, they're both self-centered pacifists. It's just that Kaifun is a liar, an egoist and a piece of shit, and Basara just sucks at society and anything that's not music. Also they're both stars.

He's certainly no Hikaru.
>>
>>14945403
The Lux episodes are generally considered the best of the series proper. The one before is my favorite of the show but that one is really good too.
>>
>>14945424
Basara and Gamlin getting along for the first time, what Fire Bomber does feels a little less forced; like they were going somewhere, Gigil, they finally fleshing out the Protodevilns. It was just the most satisfying this show has ever been.

I mean, the previous episode was good with all the Mylene and the monster but it felt more by the numbers than this one.
>>
My favourite Macross.
>>
File: Warm Friendship.jpg (132KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Warm Friendship.jpg
132KB, 1440x1080px
>>14945738
Yeah I feel like Gamlin's slow warming to genuine friendship with Basara is one of the strongest aspects of the show. I always saw Gamlin as the real main character of the show; the way he sees Basara through the series mirrors how I felt very closely.
>>
>>14939286

We're going to listen to his song, too?
>>
>>14945775
I don't

Maybe it's because I was on board with Basara from the beginning, but Gamlin always felt like an extremely unnecessary character to me. He was the Mirage before Mirage.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.