[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: wizard searcher.png (625KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
wizard searcher.png
625KB, 634x480px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=870671

Reiko meets an old man with a strange old doll that he talks to and takes care of like it's his own child. When street punks in his neighborhood take it away, Solbrain acts quickly to recover it, learning its surprising origins. But the unrepentant criminals are not so easily discouraged, and the next time they come for the doll, it could be the end. Find out the surprising history of the doll and learn an interesting and little known fact about history in this episode of Solbrain.

Recommend you check my blog on this one, as I have numerous links to the source material. Also, spoilers if you don't want to know what the episode is about.

First of all, the story that Mr. Shinozaki tells is completely true: the friendship dolls really were exchanged by Japanese and American children prior to World War II. When the war happened American things were rounded up and purged. The dolls were unfortunate victims, and many of them really were used for target practice, stabbed with spears, burned, or cut with swords. Some people had the foresight to know that wars do end and times do change, and some dolls managed to be hidden away. Out of 12,000 dolls sent to Japan, a mere 331 survive today, and they are on display in various places. In the United States, many Japanese dolls have been discovered, recovered, and placed on display, but many more are still lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_friendship_dolls

If you happen to have a grandparent or great grandparent with a strange doll from Japan in or around one of the cities from the article, you might want to look into whether or not it's one of the missing dolls, because they're an interesting relic of history.

It's also worth noting that the song that Reiko sings at the end is a real song.

The episode itself is OK, but the historical aspect of it is quite interesting. Susumu Takaku, usually known for creepy things, writes this one.
>>
Thanks again, SO, I'll try to avoid reading these spoilers until I see the episode after work. On a side note, how's the first pass backlog coming along?
>>
>>14933354
Quite good, though I've been working on a project for about two weeks and haven't made any progress on the show in those weeks.
>>
>>14933959
Sounds troublesome, but I'm sure you'll pull through.
>Solid States shrunken next episode
Well, this oughta be interesting.
>>
>>14934064
They did about as good as they could do without making the episode outright ridiculous. You do get to see the actual size scale models for the SS-1 and the SolDwrecker, it's kind of amusing.
>>
File: 3745654865_253e6a20d5_o.jpg (180KB, 677x968px) Image search: [Google]
3745654865_253e6a20d5_o.jpg
180KB, 677x968px
Thanks as always, m8.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.