[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

00 Quanta vs Wing Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1e3qye.jpg (97KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
1e3qye.jpg
97KB, 500x719px
Before anyone goes apeshit I argued that the 00 Quanta would kick the shit out of the WZ, instead I got this response: "It is much more likely that the Wing and Wing Zero are stronger than the Exia, 00 Gundam/00 Raiser, and Qan[T]. Hear me out. Gundam 00 takes place in Anno Domni (A.D), which takes place in the same timeline that we are in right now. Then, after the Universal Century (U.C.), Gundam Wing takes place (in the After Colony/AC timeline). There is so much time in between Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing, that the Mobile Suits would have gained so much more power than Anno Domini because of the technological advancements. Then there is the material, Gundanium (Wing) is proven to only be able to be made in outer space, and thus not liable for industrial usage. If the GN Composite Armour and E-Carbon was so much more effective, then they would use the same materials in the AC timeline. (I know that Gundam Wing was made before 00, but they wouldn't randomly change the materials they use to a "weaker" material when making Gundams. Going to space to make a material weaker than that which is available on Earth makes no sense, as no one would do extra work for weaker materials.) I'm not trying to be a Wing fanboy, I just don't see how an old generation (in the timeline) of Mobile Suits is superior to the newer generation of Mobile Suits. If it was Iron-Blooded Orphans vs. Wing, then I would understand why Wing's Mobile Suits are inferior, because of the reasons I stated earlier." Someone tell me how to explain something very simple to this retard
>>
the two series are not in any way in the same timeline.

the black history doesn't work like that.
>>
>>14931796
He's just factually wrong. Both 00 and Wing are AU series and have no canonical relation to eachother, UC, or real life. Tada, his whole argument is defunct.
>>
File: cat.png (190KB, 440x259px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
190KB, 440x259px
>>14931796
>read in the catalog
>Mhn, a power level thread?
>open
>>
>>14931811
>>14931818
"Anno Domini is the timeline used by the anime television series Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and its spinoff projects. The timeline Anno Domini(abbreviated as AD or A.D) is derived from the real life term, which is the designation used to number years after the birth of Christ in the Gregorian calendar. The story of Gundam 00 is running within the same timeline as the present society is currently residing in, around 300 years into the future from today."-Anno Domini Page of the Gundam Wiki. I also did a bunch of math to calculate which Gundam is better. I used the 00 Qan[T] and the Wing Zero Custom. Now, Zero's power output is 3732 KILOWATTS (Kilowatts was capitalized for emphasis.), and the Qan[T]'s power output is unknown. We do have the power output of the GN Drives that the Qan[T] runs on, 938.2 MEGA ELECTRON VOLTS. Sense the measures of power are different, we'll have to convert them or find out which unit is worth more. The Qan[T] runs on 2 GN Drives, so we'll have to multiply 938.2 by 2, which is 1876.4. 1876.4 MeVs converted into kilowatts is 84. If you don't believe me, do the research yourself."
"Yeah, I brought the scariest thing you all know about into this discussion: MATH AND SCIENCE! [Insert scary sound effect here]"

I seriously want to kill this little shitbag, but this math doesn't seem right to me. Even if we don't know the Quanta's power supply how would the Wing Zero even be able to compare in that aspect?
>>
>>14931796
>Anno Domni (A.D), which takes place in the same timeline that we are in right now.
Mistake number one.
There cannot be three hundred years of AD between us and Mobile Suit Gundam, because it's already established that the Universal Century starts in the 21st century (a reference to the olympic games gives it away). It's more likely that people reverted to the old AD calendar after the events of UC.

But that's beside the point, because the MG Turn X manual flatly states that UC is first and all the others (it even names 00's AD) come between it and Turn A. We can only speculate which order the Black History shows happen in (there have been many threads on this topic) and since each one seems to come after most/all previous technology is lost there's no reason to assume that the later era would automatically have better tech until you get to the in-universe repositories of ancient tech like the EXA-DB and the Black History files.

Of note, though, is the easter-egg that in one episode of Wing there's a computer screen that identifies Gundanium as "Gundarium Theta" which would make it 8th Gen Luna Titanium.

And nothing about material strength or beam intensity will affect this battle anyway. It will come down to the Zero System being able to predict and counter Quanta quantizing out of the way every time you try and shoot it. If there's a pattern to it's teleportation, the WZC can blast it when it rematerializes (if Heero doesn't have an aneurysm first).
>>14931811
Turn X manual says otherwise. Where do you get your information?
>>
>>14931863
>The Qan[T] runs on 2 GN Drives, so we'll have to multiply 938.2 by 2
No, you square them.
The Twin Drive system the 00 has is more than just having two GN Drives in parallel (Alvatore had seven).
>>
>>14931863
>we'll have to multiply 938.2 by 2
>2
You square it, since that's how the Twin Drive works.
>>
>>14931863

The power plants in AC can be made anywhere - the true GN drives in AD can only be made in orbit of Jupiter. No point in doing that if the power produced is going to be significantly lower.

Never mind that true GN drives can produce flight on their own, be used for stealth, produce beam shields with no extra equipment, cure diseases, connect minds, make people transhuman and probably other shit too. They're demonstrably more powerful and versatile reactors regardless of the math.
>>
>>14931951

Their greatest power is making /m/ shitpost more, rivals that of the Zero System.
>>
>>14931863
The most obvious error (other than arguing this at all) is that the value for Wing Zero is a rate and the Qan[T]'s is not. They don't describe the same physical quantity, so you can't compare them.
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (397KB, 1744x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
397KB, 1744x1490px
>>14931796
Not quite here is how the timeline works.
>>
>>14931909
>>14931931
Even without squaring the use of Megavolts puts the 00 Qan[T]'s output well beyond WZ's output.

And if you know anything about electricity you'll know that Watt's Law states that Voltage * Amperage = Wattage. Even if the Twin Drive is pushing out a mere 1 amp it is making 938,200 Kilowatts or about 250 times WZ's output.
>>
>>14932286
Megavolt != megaelectronvolt.
>>
Zeros buster rifle takes down objects the size of the main ELS with a single shot with relative ease. Colonies and Libra, both giant and one a fortified battle station - not a 'fragile' colony filled with an atmosphere.

This is before we even get into the Zero System being able to predict the moves of the Quant.

tl:dr Zero wings. All Quant has going for it is teleportation and melle.
>>
>>14932961
Actually, it only destroyed a heavily damaged quarter of Libra.
>>
>>14932993

Also, wasn't the main ELS colony the size of a moon, not a battle station?
>>
>>14933056
In the movie the ELS moon is stated to be 3000km in diameter. For comparison, our moon is about 3500km in diameter.
>>
>>14933088
It also have a GN-Field around it with significantly boost its defensive capabilities. Unlike the shit Libra that fell apart and exploded just because a mosquito stung it.
>>
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>14931796

Putting aside the single timeline/multiple timeline debate lets concentrate on pure technology. We know the Gundams in 00 use a freaking black hole as an energy generator. The Gundams in all the other series, Wing, UC, CE etc... all use one form or another of nuclear fusion. Black holes win. It simply doesn't fucking matter that 00 takes place in the AD timeline. What matters is what technology it uses. And the 00 have a much more advanced technology than that of other Gundams, starting from the titular one RX-79 let alone all the other ones. The only one that can even come close to the 00 Gundams is the Turn A (or something equivalent to it).
>>
>>14933127
>We know the Gundams in 00 use a freaking black hole as an energy generator.
No they don't, it's just a fictional power source. The closest real life theory for a GN drive is based on proton decay, not a singularity. Turn A is the show with the mobile suits powered by singularities.
>>
>>14931899
According to the turn x manual all the different series are connected and happened in the same timeline in that they are different interpretations and records of the same events iirc.

Not that one literally happens after the other.
>>
>>14933130
I thought the most precise we got on the Turn types' generators was the term "degeneracy reactor", which is somewhat unspecific.
>>
>>14933176
Degeneracy engines also appear in another work - Gunbuster, where they are singularities. I've seen the term DHGCP (Discontinuous Hyperoscillation Gauge Collapsing Pile) used to describe the power system of the machines from Turn A, and Mark Simmons says that basically means black holes.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=181319&sid=e605a5e5c8e25bf851a8ea7515e10212#p181319
>>
>>14933127
dude just go by GBF rules, sheesh.

in a gunpla battle who comes out on top. i lean qan[t]
>>
>>14931796
I'm pretty sure that 00Q would destroy the Wing Zero, given that it's at least as strong as the 00 Raiser, which decimates anything in it's path.
>>
>>14935588
>it's
>>
>>14931796
according to the Gundam VS games it's all about timing and skill but if you get knocked down you're invincible for a second until you get back up so it's really anyone's game
>>
>>14932228

Where's my previous Gundam BoyFriends at?
>>
>>14931796
The funny part of this is that Gundamium Alloy in Wing is basically a plastic constructed molecule by molecule and tempered in the solar winds or some shit, and because of this it has a latent resistance to molecular bonding, basically producing a dead zone around itself that offers some degree of beam protection. It doesn't really say anything about it shrugging off beams, but we did see pilotless Deathscythe take a Taurus beam cannon to the face, and remain externally intact for the most part. Fuck, their own self-destruct devices, built INSIDE the suits, apparently weren't enough to actually destroy the armor, just nuke all the internals.

But at the same time, they go on repeatedly about its impact tolerance, and how the suit can really be fucked up if something solid enough hits it (like naval missiles or a bullet train). Barbatos has shit-all to protect it from beam weapons as far as we know, but it does really, really accel in beating things to death. So if, somehow, the Barbatos got the drop on Wing Zero, it could freaking shatter it. If not literally, then through internal hemorrhaging.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.