[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally finished this show today. Ending was insanely good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

I finally finished this show today. Ending was insanely good, but also a bummer.

Was Char supposed to be dead? I know he's alive in ZZ and CCA but was it Tomino's original intention to have him die in Z?
at least Haman doesn't die
>>
>>14931609
>at least Haman doesn't die
>>
>>14931623
I've been told she does in ZZ, but I'll just close my eyes and pretend nothing happened
>>
>ending was insanely good
>nothing ever gets resolved
>everyone just dies because Tomino has no reason to keep them

overall zeta was shit
>>
>>14931609
Char was implied to have lived by the Hyaku Shiki drifting past the screen at the end.

He intended to kill both himself and Haman as an easy way out, but one of the show's themes is that Char's decisions generally don't work out.
>>
File: 1478842501727-2.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478842501727-2.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>14931663
Subtle, but I can dig it

on an unrelated note, the fact that all the Titans MS looked like Zeek MS and the few Zeek MS looked like they would fit better with the Titans kinda bugs me in retrospect
>>
>>14931635
Titans got stopped
>>
>>14931635
>Titans are completely crippled by the laser and the loss of the Jupitris
>Haman retreats back to Axis, which is waiting outside of the Earthsphere which sets up ZZ
>everyone dies leaving a power vacuum for Axis to swoop in

It does everything technically right.
>>
>>14931609
I'm sure it was left open ended for the purpose of them being able to revisit Char later.
>>
>>14931635
That doesn't make an ending bad.

Watch it again and try to notice the shows themes. Maybe you'll understand why all those characters died then.
>>
>>14933906

Well, the 'theme' for a lot of those deaths is 'Look at how shitty Jerid's life is, do you get that pursuing revenge is a bad thing sometimes', and the rest is mostly abiding by what established by its predecessor, that is killing off love interests that we barely know or trimming the fat once a character has served their purpose.
>>
>>14933911
That's not really true, though. Zeta could have handled things more gracefully than it ultimately does, but a lot of the deaths tie in thematically to the characters and their motivations.
>>
>>14931635

>No decisive victory, the Central powers just kind of gave up when it became clear they were going to lose
>Nobody even mentions the austrian line of succession since like episode 2
>Russia is still completely fucked
>That crazy shaman magic that Rasputin dude was using gets completely forgotten after his bit and doesn't ever come up again
>Germany, which they spent like half the last season putting together is fucked again
>America just took credit for winning, fucked off and left
>There was like one attempt at a big naval battle, and then everyone just gave up on it

>overall WW1 was shit

>>14934292
>Katz was a stupid piece of shit
>runs into a rock and dies

Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>14934872
>durr hurr gendum is war documentary therefor doesn't have to have writing that would pass a first grade creative writing test
I wish every Zeta fag in the world would burn to death.
>>
>>14934872
>Katz was a stupid piece of shit
>Yeah pretty much.
That's a pretty reductive look at the character that seems to willfully miss the point, but you're not wrong.
>>
>>14931609
>Was Char supposed to be dead?
Nah, you have to remember than ZZ aired only a week after Z in the same time slot. It's not even really a sequel, it's merely the second half of the show and Char appears in the opening, implying that his survival was always intended right from the start.
>>
>>14935617
I get that Katz was suppose to be used as a narrative tool for kamille, in the sense of "he behaves like kamille did near the start of the show, and never develops, just to show how far kamille has come"

also in the sense of "the children are the future, but boy are they retarded, so they have to be strong leader figures" which Katz also never had anyone willing to actually deal with him.

i still dislike him, but i think he was intended to be disliked.
>>
>>14938453
I think the more resonant aspect of his character lies largely in how glorification and hero worship inform his motivations and ultimately underwhelming, sad demise. He saw heroes in war (Amuro worship) more than victims, and it ended up making him another victim.
>>
>>14931609

It was a neat show but how many times do you have to fuck with poor Zeon soldiers living on Earth
>>
>>14931609
According to what I read He was always intended to be alive during ZZ. Before CCA got greenlit, Char was going to come back and assassinate Haman, and take control of Neo Zeon himself, causing the ZZ cast to fight him. Emma also wasn't supposed to die until mid-ZZ as well, but he changed his mind at the last minute. I forget where I read this.
>>
File: 1478188938080.jpg (145KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
1478188938080.jpg
145KB, 640x472px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.