[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue Gender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ryona.png (817KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ryona.png
817KB, 1600x900px
Is this the closest thing we have for a muv-luv alternative anime?

I'm sick of the classic human vs human in mecha anime. Why is the theme humanity vs aliens so niche in mecha? I feel like the ending was rushed but Blue Gender is underrated and Marlene is a cutie.
>>
>>14931268
There was also Gunparade March though.
>>
>>14931268

Because humans vs aliens is more often than not incredibly boring unless actual effort is involved in differentiating the extraterrestrials involved.
>>
File: Bye Bye Bydo.jpg (551KB, 780x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Bye Bye Bydo.jpg
551KB, 780x1103px
i would hazard a guess that macross is the marquee series of humanity vs. alien. so guess it's "covered" there?
Now that I think about it, an r-type anime would kinda of fit that bill. how many do i have to sacrifice to get that happening
>>
>>14931268
We got Tekkaman Blade
That's kinda like Kamen Rider meets Muv Luv
>>
>>14931268
Starship Troopers OVA heavily inspired Muv-Luv, probably more so than the novel.

The aliens in it look and behave similar to the Laser Class, for starters.
>>
>>14931312
>Starship Troopers OVA
Didn't know that japan made an OVA of ST and it looks great. Guess i'll take a look.
>>
>>14931268
>Why is the theme humanity vs aliens so niche in mecha?
Because most people who write mecha are idealists and want to think that we're either alone in the universe or that whatever we find will want to help/deal with us.
>>
>>14931268
>Is this the closest thing we have for a muv-luv alternative anime?

No the closest to a Muv Luv alternative anime is the two muv luv anime. They might not be very good, but they still exist.
>>
>>14931324
It is great. Instant favorite first time I watched it.

If you're ever looking for a book to read, "Forever War" by Joe Haldeman was also a huge influence for Alternative, both thematically and in terms of individual scenes - the brainwashing that makes Takeru go berserk was clearly inspired by a scene in this book, for instance.
>>
>>14931294
Probably this. At leat with a sapient enemy you can create drama in the interactions with them. If the only characters with any personality or goals are all on the same team then the writer's probably going to fuck up creating a way for real tension and antagonism to be felt.
>>
>>14931375
>They might not be very good, but they still exist.
I know but like you said they are not very good, i hated them.

>>14931390
>"Forever War" by Joe Haldeman
I'm afraid about the huge infodump of technoblabla in sci-fi novel especially if there is time travel. Is it ok on that point?
>>
>>14931463
"Forever War" is fantastic. You need to know about the concept of time dilation to get the most out of it, but that's pretty much all. The real focus of the novel is how the soldiers react to a society changing so much every time they come back to it. It's based off the author's sense of alienation he experienced during the Viet Nam War and it's absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>14931268
>I'm sick of the classic human vs human in mecha anime.
That is the stupidest sentence I have read in a long time.
>>
>>14931463
I'm the anon that recommended the book and this guy: >>14931484 is right.

And the only thing you need to understand about time dilation is "Time goes slower for you as you approach the speed of light." That's it.

"Forever War" is not a low-brow novel that prizes genre furniture above storytelling, which so many people assume every sci-fi novel is.
>>
>>14931268
Been years since I've seen it. I remember really enjoying it except for the sappy cliche plot points.
>>
>>14931268
>Marlene is a cutie.

She's a slut she slept with everyone.
>>
>>14931268
>Why is the theme humanity vs aliens so niche in mecha?
I fucking hate real robot newfags
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.