[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Robot Wars GC Translation Thread #28: Charlton Heston edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: You blew it up.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
You blew it up.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
Last time on SRW GC Translation Thread: >>14600883

- Overworld team figured out how to expand the text.
- The GC girls continue to be very cute.
- Dash continues to make progress.
- There is unused data for continuous action.
- VF kun knows a translator. He's working on some new project.
- Oppai returned for a brief while.
- Overworld can now hardsub the video.
- Bring limit broke an SSR Dancouga in Dancouganon's honor.
- Bring made a fair bit of progress on the pak files, still no luck getting the compression.
- The thread died before the bump limit.

You finally, really did it. You maniacs! You let it die! Goddamn you! Goddamn you all to hell!

The old texture replacement method is still usable, up to stage 20, essentially act 1. (can be used along with the new one, just don't get the stages or battle lines)
http://pastebin.com/CYDquvFD

The new method. We have VWF, so it looks better! Except for the character naming screen. That's not right. Not sure if this needs to be updated now.
http://pastebin.com/wEMB6KvA

The mediafire folder
http://mediafire.com/srwgc
>>
>VF kun knows a translator. He's working on some new project.

He's working on Endless Frontier EXCEED.

There will be a lot of delays since he's handling everything on his own, without having a background in hacking a game.

One of the guys on gbatemp/romhacking has been kind enough to ask around to help him out.

Everything that's not in a text box has been translated. Right now what's causing delays is the fact that he can't get at the text in the text boxes.

I'm just the messenger, I'm not involved on any of this. If there's any news I'll drop by to post about it.

If anyone wants to help out, you can drop by #SRWEternity on IRC Rizon. The translator hangs out there.
>>
>>14922277
OK, I forgot which project he ended up finally decide to work on. Now that you mention it, I remember the screenshots from EF EXCEED on /srwg/
>>
File: Dancouga 01.jpg (149KB, 820x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 01.jpg
149KB, 820x1200px
Damn that old thread

This is my fault! I should've been more careful!

...No really. See, I checked the other day. Thread was on page 6, okay, lasts for most of the night, I'll bump later before I go to bed, I figured

I came back later, couldn't find the thread. Check archive. ...It was the very first thread there, having just gotten bumped off

Onoreeeeeee
>>
>>14924151
>Thread was on page 6

See, I bump these threads when they hit page 6 because I usually make the new general threads at the same time so I go and check on these threads since they pop up along /srwg/ in the catalog.
>>
File: Masato 01.jpg (45KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Masato 01.jpg
45KB, 450x600px
>>14925178

Usually I'm luckier catching these!

...On that note why is this on page 10 gdi
>>
>>14926509
Once again on page 10, let me save this before making the new general.
>>
>>14927745
Thanks Gigan. I managed to get one of my eyelids swollen, either from too much staring at my monitor, too much reading, bad sleep habits, or a combination of the above reasons. I'm keeping my computer time down to a minimum this weekend, hopefully that will help.
>>
>>14929538
You probably want to check with the doc, though, just in case?
I mean - it could be a stupid moskito sting, couldn't it?
>>
>>14930351
No, not that kind of swollen. It's the puffy salt-rention from not enough sleep kind of look. I just need to give my eyes a rest and get my sleep schedule back to normal.
>>
Page 9 bump
>>
File: 1370818082552.jpg (2MB, 2040x2804px) Image search: [Google]
1370818082552.jpg
2MB, 2040x2804px
Bump!
>>
>>14935202
Thanks for the (you). I'll add it to my collection and treasure it.
>>
>>14935767
Bump from near the grave
>>
File: 1478123704104.jpg (490KB, 784x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478123704104.jpg
490KB, 784x1200px
>>
>>14938614
This is SRW GC, not SRW W!
>>
File: 454.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
454.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>
>>14939566
Bring, that shitposter is delirious and lost, beyond recovery. Talking to him won't do any good.
>>
So, not exactly good news, but not exactly bad news either. I was refreshed, and did some more experimentation with the font loading. I noticed that if I'm in HLE and skip BIOS, the decompressed font is in memory immediately. (address 0x802caffc).

So, I went to LLE with BIOS. I followed the execution until the font shows up in memory. Unfortunately, it looks like this is added to RAM by a DMA or something similar. The last thing that I'm looking at, is a loop with the CPU querying 0x8145D998 until it gets a non-zero response. When it gets that, the memory is filled with the font data. Next time, I'll try backtracking from where I ended up and see if I can't figure out some of those commands. However, I'm going to have to brush up on the memory-mapped IO commands on the GC.
>>
>>14941472
Sounds similar to when the PSP loads files (or chunks of files) in RAM from the disk. It's just plain driven bby the OS in that case (which would have meant, for the PSP, using only features of the OS... compression included.)

Could it be the same here?
>>
And up you go
>>
>>14941971
That was my suspicion as well. However, that makes me think that maybe the Dolphin team knows how it loads files to memory.
>>
Darn, nothing in the YAGCD doc about those addresses.
>>
File: superrobotwarsgc_004-large.jpg (130KB, 564x445px) Image search: [Google]
superrobotwarsgc_004-large.jpg
130KB, 564x445px
>>
>>14922250
Bumping
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.