[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell went wrong with IBO S1? S2 is miles better that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IBO.png (427KB, 636x450px) Image search: [Google]
IBO.png
427KB, 636x450px
What the hell went wrong with IBO S1?

S2 is miles better that it actually feels like a different show.
>>
>>14911729
>What the hell went wrong with IBO S1?
everything
>>
>>14911729
>What the hell went wrong with IBO S1?
>S2 is miles better that it actually feels like a different show.
Easy, we're no longer stuck on a one-way trip to Earth!
Now that they've actually gotten Kudella's original crusade and Tekkadan's rise to prominence out of the way, the story is now free to move about the setting.
>>
>>14911729
If Delta has taught us anything, is that it's easy to piss away any sort of goodwill achieved thus far.

So don't go around saying shit like that, you will only set yourself up for disappointment.

Incidentally, the S2 poster looks much better than S1.
>>
File: nFDqXEY.gif (2MB, 440x236px) Image search: [Google]
nFDqXEY.gif
2MB, 440x236px
>>14911729
Coming from someone who liked IBO, I honestly feel like they made some story arcs take WAY too long, and the majority of the issues could have been fixed with a few minor adjustments each.

Brewers: Just switch the order of events around
>Reveal Takaki's sister
>Akihiro and Takaki get jumped by Brewers in space, primarily by his brother who we don't know is his brother yet
>They get back to the Isaribi and THEN in a fit of guilt Akihiro reveals he had a long-lost brother who he ran into on patrol which made him hesitate and get Takaki injured

Dort: Put a fucking lock on the merchandise being transported so people can stop asking why nobody bothered to open the boxes, change the rifle used by the assassin's so everyone can stop asking why a .50 BMG didn't penetrate the traitor maid, and add an action sequence or something to spice things up idk. Maybe a rescue sequence involving Kudelia, some Mobile workers drifting through the streets like it's Initial D and Akihiro piloting a Rodi or the Gusion before it's remake throughout the colonies to provide a distraction/cover for their escape.

In general I wished they had given the main characters more of a challenge in each fight so it could've actually felt like underdog veteran child soldiers with inferior equipment barely scraping by, outnumbered and outgunned, against a vastly larger, better funded but ill-experienced organization. Look at the 2 vs. 3 fight against the Turbines at the beginning of the season, I honestly think all of the fights should have been similar.
>>
>>14911729

Season one felt like, I dunno, it felt like the initial controversy made the creators nervous. It felt like the show lost it's balls after that, so they had to ditch parts of what they had planned in order to try and focus on making people like Tekkadan.

With season 2, it's kinda like they now know "okay, here's what we can do." The guidelines are more laid out, and I'm going to guess they're not afraid of the controversy after the show still had good sales with it's crap ratings.
>>
>>14911729
S1 was a stupidly long intro.
>>
>>14911965
>Coming from someone who liked IBO, I honestly feel like they made some story arcs take WAY too long, and the majority of the issues could have been fixed with a few minor adjustments each.
Agreed.

>Brewers: Just switch the order of events around
>>Reveal Takaki's sister
>>Akihiro and Takaki get jumped by Brewers in space, primarily by his brother who we don't know is his brother yet
>>They get back to the Isaribi and THEN in a fit of guilt Akihiro reveals he had a long-lost brother who he ran into on patrol which made him hesitate and get Takaki injured
Also at least HINT at Biscut's brother before this!
Seriously, we get to Dort after the Brewers arc and BAM, Biscut's got a brother here he hadn't mentioned before.
Honestly Akihiro opening up to Takaki can stay where it is, since doing that is a big part of his character arc, but we really shouldn't have gotten so many relatives out of nowhere in such a short period of time.

>Dort:
>add an action sequence or something to spice things up idk. Maybe a rescue sequence involving Kudelia, some Mobile workers drifting through the streets like it's Initial D and Akihiro piloting a Rodi or the Gusion before it's remake throughout the colonies to provide a distraction/cover for their escape.
Well I don't know about busting out Tekkadan's Mobile Workers or Suits that early, but we could have at least seen more of Mika's one-man rescue of Biscuit and Atra.

>
In general I wished they had given the main characters more of a challenge in each fight so it could've actually felt like underdog veteran child soldiers with inferior equipment barely scraping by, outnumbered and outgunned, against a vastly larger, better funded but ill-experienced organization. Look at the 2 vs. 3 fight against the Turbines at the beginning of the season, I honestly think all of the fights should have been similar.
Honestly what I liked about the near-Earth fleet battle, but I guess because they aren't Mobile Suits it doesn't count...
>>
File: tumblr_nrigoi202R1sdhuzuo1_500.gif (2MB, 435x235px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrigoi202R1sdhuzuo1_500.gif
2MB, 435x235px
>>14912081
>Biscuit's brother
Agreed, lol I almost forgot about him
>Dort
Honestly I just wanted more of the Mobile Workers in general, like who wouldn't like a tank combined with a BMW?
>Near-Earth fleet battle
Lol fuck how did I forget about that? Honestly that shit was cool too. I spent the entire season wondering how that tiny-ass Isaribi could stand up to the Capital Cruisers that Gjallahorn had until that scene.
>>
>>14912119
>Honestly I just wanted more of the Mobile Workers in general, like who wouldn't like a tank combined with a BMW?
Well we get way more of it in Season 2, both in the opening episode and the latest one with the Earth Branch.
>>
File: 707px-Pionierpanzer_Dachs.jpg (173KB, 707x600px) Image search: [Google]
707px-Pionierpanzer_Dachs.jpg
173KB, 707x600px
>>14911965
>Look at the 2 vs. 3 fight against the Turbines at the beginning of the season, I honestly think all of the fights should have been similar.

This.
>>
>>14911729
>S2 is miles better that it actually feels like a different show.
Why must you go on the internet and tell lies?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.