[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gold Beast Combination: Great Brave Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: greatgoddamngoldran.png (359KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
greatgoddamngoldran.png
359KB, 640x480px
O Brave Thread, O guardian of 90s children's super robot anime. I call you forth from this moment. Arise and appear before me!

I just finished Goldran, and I thought it was awesome

>Captain Shark
>really funny, laughed aloud a bunch of times
>Takuya a cute
>CAPTAIN SHARK
>excellent robot design for both the Braves and the enemies
>solid plot behind the silliness, last few episodes were great
>C A P T A I N S H A R K

It would have been my favorite Brave show, but the joke ending was the biggest case of blueballs ever. King Walzac just goes on his way? No last Miracle Galactica Buster to destroy his ship? Dammit.

Now all that's left are Fighbird, Might Gaine, and Dagwon. Let's talk about the Brave series, /m/.
>>
My personal ranking:

Da Garn
Goldran
J-Decker
Gaogaigar
Dagwon
Might Gaine
Exkaiser
Fighbird
>>
>>14911266
The idea with Goldran's ending was they were planning on running a long term con on the king to eventually redeem him like they did with his sons.

Which is probably a good idea given that said king can build INTERGALACTIC PLANET BUSTING MISSILES and all. Goldran tech is fucking scary.
>>
>>14911266
Sorta reminds me of J-Decker's ending in that sense, although in that particular case, having to deal with the galactic authorities would have severe consequences.
>>
File: Goldran.png (3MB, 1802x1601px) Image search: [Google]
Goldran.png
3MB, 1802x1601px
>>14911266
I know I've said it many times already, but Goldran is absolutely fantastic. Definitely my favourite Brave show. Characters are loveable, their adventures are fun and the jokes were actually hilarious. I also really liked the fact, that all of the Braves had their chance to shine. Mecha designs were great as well, especially Great Goldran, Advenger and Captain Shark.
Oh, and Walter Walzac is just the best villain ever. It's impossible to not love him.

Also, Goldran's finishing move theme is probably my favourite finishing move theme in the whole series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVvrpBNM3E
Heck, I really loved all the songs from Goldran. Well, maybe excluding the opening song. It was fun and fit the whole "children's adventure" theme really well, but still I didn't like it that much.

I really, really want to see Goldran in SRW.

>>14911313
For me it's:

Goldran
J-Decker
GaoGaiGar
Da Garn
Might Gaine
Dagwon
Exkaiser
Fighbird
>>
File: goldarius.png (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
goldarius.png
111KB, 640x480px
>>14911796
I think the problem with the OP is that the vocals are mixed too high, they drown out the instruments a bit.
>>
>>14911796
The one episode that really breaks the show apart for a moment is the one where they believe they're at Legendra, but it's actually a planet ruled by a king who dupes them and claims to have seen their show. And they without a doubt hard-confirm it IS a show in-universe this time. As a plot point. A bit of self-awareness is fine, but when characters state right out that nothing's at stake since they know their world is fake, I just... don't know anymore. Guess I'm a MUH IMMERSION fag and ask too much of a children's anime
>>
>>14911820
I appreciate that image.
>>
>>14911830
In fairness, the staff from Might Gaine to Goldran hated Takara wanting to butt in and shove toy promotion as much as possible, which led to Might Gaine's ending. Heck, Goldran has a message sneaked into one of the in-between frames saying "this is a simple children's anime".

Also, if Shinichi Watanabe wrote the episode in question, it's no wonder since the guy went full-on meta with his fourth-wall breaking later in his career.
>>
File: 1476504611092.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476504611092.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>
Are there any good raws for Goldran so I can use Subdivers subs? I rather not deal with yellow hardsubs.
>>
>watching j decker
I'm enjoying how the Braves do something without taking the usual order.
And how they have emotions.
>>
>>14914339
And by emotions I meant exploring the relationships between the AI and the humans.
>>
>>14914344
J-Decker definitely has the best characters. The robots are all great (Gunmax is probably my favorite), Comissioner Saejima is fucking awesome, and Yuuta is the best Brave MC.
>>
>>14911266
I just wish Great Goldran was more than just a glorified attack sequence, but then I suppose Goldran was one of the more team oriented shows.
>>
>>14913869
While I did not translated this show, I have a weird raw (1024x768 h264, 448K ac3). I do think someone encoded with some stupid default parameters, but it was pleasant to watch.
You can extract subs from the hardsubbed files using subrip though.
>>
>>14915238
Oh yeah sorry meant to say silver castle. I was able to find decent looking raws it's just the problem of it having only one seed, besides I only need episodes 21-48 anyway.
>>
Maybe that explains why most of the Brave shows were bad up until GaoGaiGar came out and was a srisky and progresive as it was.

If anything, the Eldoran Trilogy were probably bettter than the largely bad pre-GGG Brave shows.

Da Garn has an unlikable protagonist and an awful story and charac6ter development.

J-Decker is a schlocky and bad buddy cop show with no decent character arcs or anything, it just tries really hard to be a comedic kid's show that's trying to be a silly piss-take of Patlabor.

Goldran is a complete farce and filled with too many schlocky kid's show jokes that would even make Digimon writers cringe in their seat.

Dagwon pushed shitty problematic shit despite having one or two chaacters who'd be decent if the shitty unlikable bully characters didn't hog the spotlight.

Might Gaine leans a bit too heavily into comedy, and by the time the show finally decides to raise the stakes, it's only for the last handful of episodes, and it's a very jarring tonal shift.

Here's my personal rankings:

GaoGaiGar>Raijin-Oh>Gosaurer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Might Gaine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goldran>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>J-Decker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dagwon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Da Garn
>>
>>14917745
shut up fake chumpy you're not funny or entertaining
>>
File: deckerd.gif (81KB, 450x323px) Image search: [Google]
deckerd.gif
81KB, 450x323px
>>14917745
HOLD UP! Brave Police, Deckard!

Citizen Clawshrimpy, you're under arrest on account of being an insufferable faggot. Your sentence is a permanent ban from /m/! mods fucking please

All other citizens, please do not respond to the criminal, it's your duty to discourage shitposting!
>>
>>14917745
But not-Clawshrimpy, the real Clawshrimpy by his own statements considers Dagwon to be " way better done than both Da Garn and J-Decker put together".

Commenting on each of the shows, you're also supposed to shove in how they're inferior to GGG.

If you're going to ape how he posts at least do it right.
>>
>>14917764
That's what I thouight abit it at first, but when I watched it again while I was working on subbing it, the shitty bullying and punching scenes didn't sit so well with me.

>>14917758
I'm not fake.
>>
>>14918156
shut up liar
you can't even lie about being that idiot well like when you claimed you were raped while you were shitposting
>>
>>14917745
>Raijin-Oh
Speaking of Raijin-oh, now that Subdivers finished with Ganbaruger they're doing the Raijin-oh OVAs... unfortunately looking at their comments elsewhere it doesn't look like they might do Gozaurer.
>>
>>14918474
Well that's a shame. At least there's no shortage of options for /m/ stuff to do, like Mugen Senki Fortress, Hikarian, RPG Densetsu Hepoi, Twinbee Paradise or even the Bomberman B-Daman stuff.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.