[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Same Gorg Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

You like Giant Gorg, right?
>>
Was the 1960s Batman show popular in Japan?
>>
File: TUNE INTO THE NEXT.jpg (622KB, 1277x992px) Image search: [Google]
TUNE INTO THE NEXT.jpg
622KB, 1277x992px
GORG GOOD
>>
>>14909632

Presumably, if they're making references to it in the early 80's.
>>
File: BK1.png (764KB, 479x638px) Image search: [Google]
BK1.png
764KB, 479x638px
>>
File: Gorg in a nutshell.png (16KB, 1869x125px) Image search: [Google]
Gorg in a nutshell.png
16KB, 1869x125px
>>
>>14909632
Tokufags will get pissy but
Kamen Rider wouldn't exist without 60s Batman. This is a fact, nerds
>>
WOO
DON'T STOP
>>
>>14909622
Is this the comfiest shows of the 80's? I could pop on an episode any time and feel like I'm 7 again.
>>
>>14914341
Don't fear that dangerous path
>>
>>14914332
Kind of? I know there's masked hero shows going back to the fifties but for most of the 60s Ultraman and kaiju and giant robot shows were in vogue until Rider kickstarted a whole new boom in masked superheores. I could definitely see '66 Batman as an influence on that, but I couldn't guess at exactly how much. It had to have aired there, it was shown pretty much everywhere in the world with televisions outside of the Iron Curtain.

I don't think it had as big an impact on toku shows as Bewitched had on the magical girl genre but I wouldn't have any problems believing in that influence. Both the manga and the TV series have a Bat Man and a Spider Man as the first monsters Rider 1 kills, Ishinomori had to be making some kind of statement with that.
>>
>>14909632
I'm not sure.
Glancing online for easy answers I see that Batman (the Adam West show) apparently doesn't have a wikipedia article in Japanese, but Gilligan's Island does.
So it seems to not have been as big as Gilligan's Island?
>>
>>14914397
Not quite, Trider, Daiohja and Galatt probably got that distinction, although they're still unsubbed.

>>14915323
For what it's worth, Janperson had Officer Komori refer to himself as the "Batman" of the Metropolitan police, and that show is somewhat similar to '66 Batman in nature, so it couldn't have been a coincidence.

Also, Shun Sugata rivals Frank Gorshin's Riddler in terms of delivering ham to the screen.
>>
>>14915375
Just look at Bat Manga! or the Japanese dub of that Hannnah Barbera Batman cartoon. Japan was definitely familiar with Batman in that period, I'm just not sure how much of a direct influence it was on subsequent toku hero shows. It's one thing to say Super Sentai wouldn't be around today if it wasn't for Spider-Man, that statement you can backc up with decisive proof.
>>
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%90%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3#.E3.83.86.E3.83.AC.E3.83.93.E3.83.89.E3.83.A9.E3.83.9E
>コメディ的側面の強い作品。バットマンやロビンが悪人をパンチすると原作コミックのような擬音が画面に合成されるのが特徴的。日本では1966年から1967年にフジテレビで放送された。フジテレビ版とWOWOW版は内容が異なっており、フジテレビ版にはバットガールは登場しない(WOWOW版は第3シーズン)。WOWOW版のプロデューサーは秋原正俊、ディレクターは佐藤太。
>broadcast in Japan from 1966 to 1967
Looks like it ran on Fuji TV
>>
>>14909622
>You like Giant Gorg, right?
I really like what little I saw of it. Sencho is fantastic.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.