[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prg/ - Power Rangers General #112

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 66

File: tlyrics.jpg (28KB, 400x209px) Image search: [Google]
tlyrics.jpg
28KB, 400x209px
Bad show but good suits edition

prg/ FAQs: http://pastebin.com/unt9B5hG
Previous thread >>14853963
>>
>>14907344
I always wanted that to be an actual thing in the show, shame it was toy exclusive
>>
>>14906528
It doesn't even look like a robot. Erase the little Rangers in the corner and no one would guess this was the Megazord. This is why I'm convinced that this movie is catering to people who don't actually like Power Rangers.
>>
>Sledge was just on vacation the whole time
I love it
>>
>I haven't had this much fun since I destroyed the Kyoryuger galaxy

sasuga saban
>>
>"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"

>"They're called bananas!"

Sledge is pretty fun.
>>
>>14908824
>This is why I'm convinced that this movie is catering to people who don't actually like Power Rangers.
It took you this long? It being based on MMPR was the first sign.
>>
>>14908895
>sentaifags interpreting it as saying sentai is inferior
>>
>>14908824
>This is why I'm convinced that this movie is catering to people who don't actually like Power Rangers.
Did you not realize this from the first time we saw the outfits? Heck, from the teaser poster, I figured this was fucked
>>
>>14909047
>>14909053
I've always been convinced that this was the case; my bad if my post made it seem otherwise. Ever since they started showing stuff related to the movie, it looked like it was ashamed to be Power Rangers.
>>
>>14909053
>"Guys, get off my car."
>>
>>14908878
The best part is the fact that he wasn't even in hiding.
>>
>>14908895
No lie I laughed at that
>>
>the new Mech redesign for the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGjVBHFbzlA
>>
Anyone got a good link to episode 19? Its not up on kiss yet, Aussie internet is not good for DLing it and the google drive is kill.
>>
>>14908603
The main megazord looks ass too.
>>
I love all the people on twitter sperging out over the leaks
>>
>>14911633
Not like people on here are acting any different.
>>
0.92 being a flaming faggot on twitter as always, hahaha
>>
I don't dislike the design in itself so much. It is a bit too edgy, but not that terrible. Some minor changes would make it a decent enough character for some game or whatever.

It is, however, a really bad design for what is supposed to be a robot made up of other robots. Like, Pacific Rim was not too long ago, and its robots both looked cooler and more appropriate to the material than this thing.
>>
So that's what it reminds me of.
>>
Am I the only who likes the 2017´s movie Megazord design?
>>
>>14912216
It's a unique design that's honestly kinda cool looking, but it's perplexing to me that it's supposed to be a giant robot made up of other giant robots.
>>
>>14912216
I think it's a little too streamlined
the main thing about megazords is that even the most streamlined of them look like lego-clusterfucks. I get that this is what people with money think looks cool, but, like, it's just not stupid enough.
I think that's a key quality about these kinda franchise films, they're too willing to cater to casual stupidity and too afraid to tailor things to the outlandish stupidity of the source material. They want cool, we want awesome.
>>
The new megazord reminds me less of Bayformers and more of Beast Machines.
>>
>>14912513
I think the concept artist just gave up and made it look like a dude since he can't into combining robots.
>>
>>14913573
That's not a compliment right?
>>
File: OO-rangers.jpg (396KB, 936x594px) Image search: [Google]
OO-rangers.jpg
396KB, 936x594px
>>14908603

>>14911261
Fuck you, that combination sequence is fabulous. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RNRLVXXsmw
>>
File: image39.jpg (85KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
image39.jpg
85KB, 672x372px
Is Wave 2 of the Legacy 6.5 figure toy line out yet? I went to Target today and saw none.

Also curious, whether the sales of these are doing well. I like them but I know people around here always compare them to SH Figuarts but that's too expensive for me personally.
>>
>>14913911
Yeah, they've been appearing the past couple of weeks
>>
>>14913640
The version from the movie was pretty hype too.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x178eq_prt-turbo-megazord-movie-version_creation
>>
File: whatisaface.jpg (191KB, 1200x1126px) Image search: [Google]
whatisaface.jpg
191KB, 1200x1126px
I've been looking at the design for the zord for a while and the more I look at it, the more it's apparent that the biggest problem is the face. It's got no personality there, just devoid of anything.
>>
File: Image3.jpg (341KB, 1353x760px) Image search: [Google]
Image3.jpg
341KB, 1353x760px
>>14913911
special limited edition
>>
>Sledge bantz
>James useful for once
>all 10 fight scene
>keeper in a cockpit

Good episode, hyped for the final ones.
>>
>>14909053
Honestly, the fact that they hired Max Landis to write the script hoping for a sequal to Chronical, only to then fire him once he wrote something totally not like Chronical and just made Chronical anyway is hilarious.

>>14911633
Is it just the Megazord look or are there any plot details?
>>
>>14912138
#freemyniggastratos
>>
Power Rangers RPM? More like Power Rangers: The Adventures of Dillon and Ziggy, amirite?
>>
>>14914433
Wasn't crazy about how easy it was to just make a new Zord when the need arose, and ultimately the entire reason they made it ended up being moot because they revived the rest of the team before they used it.
>>
>>14911724
god he needs to kill himself already
>>
>>14914723
that wouldn't be a bad idea though lol
>>
>>14913911
I really dislike them because they're needlessly out of scale with both the 5 inch mainline and the figuarts, and the bodies are still stupidly exaggerated despite being intended for adults. I would have preferred they just kept making 5 inch figures since those are the most compatible with other shit. Having two concurrent Ranger lines in two different scales is stupid. The 5 inch movie figures were really well done, and Bandai should have just continued upping the quality of those.
>>
>>14914941
If only
>>
>>14914948
Get outta there, Maligore!
>>
>>14914909
>they use tobaspino without Deathryuger
Did they at least tie it with the Dark energem or thye went full waste?
>>
>>14914948
The movie figures have the same conceptual problem as the legacy ones. They have main toyline tier articulations and sculpts yet they´re made to cater to adults. The only thing they have going on for them is that is less likely to see figuarts for them than for Megaranger and the like.
>>
Where are we downloading new episodes from these days?
>>
r.i.p
>>
>>14915109
Stahp
>>
>>14915049
I check awesomedl, older ddls are dead, but they upload the newer episode throgout the week.

I should really update the pastebin.
>>
>>14915042
Articulation sure, but those sculpts are top notch. If they just had a bit more articulation those figures would be perfect.
>>
>>14914317
>Power Rangers as made by David Production
>>
File: >healthism.jpg (29KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
>healthism.jpg
29KB, 519x370px
>>14914201
When will the organic meme die?
>>
File: theyrebattlizers.jpg (176KB, 580x360px) Image search: [Google]
theyrebattlizers.jpg
176KB, 580x360px
>>14915109
>>
File: h8obKqC-1024x712.jpg (159KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
h8obKqC-1024x712.jpg
159KB, 1024x712px
>>14915784
>>
>>14908824
>No Power Sword
>No Mastodon Shield
>Doesn't look like its made out of several smaller swords
I thought this shit was supposed to pander to MMPRfags?
>>
>>14916721
Doesn't really pander to that crowd outside of having characters that happen to have the same names.
>>
>>14916721
*zords
Fuck
>>
>>14914201
The grey parts remind me of the silver fabric on the Ninja Storm designs.
It looks like it's wearing tights and has a bunch of useless crap glued onto it.
The exposed elements make it look fragile and weak.
Also, what the fuck's up with its feet?
>>
Is weird how the Megazord looks more silky and slim and the Ranger suits look more jaded and pieced together, they got it reversed.
>>
File: mb cc1.jpg (88KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mb cc1.jpg
88KB, 1000x1000px
THANKS, MEGA BLOKS
>>
>>14916978
>there will never be a Lego Power Rangers game
This is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>14916978
Why does the Power axe have 2 sides?
>>
>>14917194
Because it's not the Power Axe. It's just something they've grabbed out of another set so they don't have to make an effort. Same with the Putty having a Loogie weapon. And Alpha's head. And everything else.
>>
I've just finished watching Lightspeed Rescue, but I'm so confused here. When Omega Megazord putting ceremonial stones in Mariner Bay, is that original scene that didn't appear in GoGo V? I didn't watch GoGo V anyway.
>>
File: img_6238.jpg (206KB, 1242x1684px) Image search: [Google]
img_6238.jpg
206KB, 1242x1684px
The upcoming issue of the main ongoing comic will have a new original character.
>>
>>14917467
That doesn't sound nearly as big as that claims.

I bet it's something like Ranger comes out as gay.
>>
>>14917470
All the initial six Mighty Morphin rangers are canonically heterosexual. Tommy dated Kimberly and married Kat, Kim dated Tommy and another guy, Billy is with Cestria, Jason liked a girl in Zeo and Zack liked a bitch back in Mighty Morphin. IIRC, there was also a guy Trini liked but if I´m mistaken then she´s the only one that can.
>>
>>14917490
doesn't matter they will rewrite something
>>
File: movie-turbozords.jpg (45KB, 665x267px) Image search: [Google]
movie-turbozords.jpg
45KB, 665x267px
>>14908603
Movie zords!
>>
File: All_Five_Turbo_Zords.jpg (31KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
All_Five_Turbo_Zords.jpg
31KB, 400x314px
>>14918903
>>
>>14917490
Iceman was retconned to be gay like years ago
>>
How much government has been shown in PR?
>>
>the next power ranger season has a ranger who's an american stereotype
Perfect fucking timing.
>>
File: 1438848135385.png (406KB, 706x429px) Image search: [Google]
1438848135385.png
406KB, 706x429px
>>14919975
>>
>>14919680
RPM and Lightspeed Rescue are government programs.
Then there's the NASADA space program for the Zordon era + Forever Red.
>>
>>14919680
NASADA- Space program implied to be into the secret with Zordon.
Galactic Space Alliance- Combined science and military for space colonization. Terra Venture eventually colonize planet Miranoi.
Lightspeed Rescue- Government military agency crazy prepared for demon invasion.
Time Force- Future law enforcement of 3001.
SPD- Alien police working with the US government since 2001. Law enforcement in 2025 when aliens are out in the open migrating to Earth. Member worlds in said police organization includes KO-35 thus Space themed A-Squad.
RPM- Shady government agency creates Ranger power as one of its child prisoners unleash a AI virus that kills of most of humanity in an alternate universe. Human remnants and military retreat to the domed city of Corinth.
>>
>>14920096
>>14919680
I wish we had uniforms again.
>>
>>14919583
Which was a shit move since they made the younger one obsessed with dicks now.

Although it's irrelevant since the comic is in another continuity so you shouldn't need to retcon anything to make a character gay, just not give a shit about the show.
>>
>>14918903
I like how those look desu
truthful to source but unique
>>
>>14920199
>NASADA- Space program implied to be into the secret with Zordon.

Huh. Now there's a plotpoint I totally forgot about. It kind of explains a lot, but at the same time so very little. Did he really have some sort of secret agreement with them, or were they just monitoring the situation enough to know Zordon was a trustworthy ally?
>>
>>14920096
>>14920199
What does NASADA stand for?
National Aeronautics, Space, and Dimensional Administration?
>>
>>14921359
Justin just mentioned Zordon of Eltar to General Norquist he lets a bunch of teenagers hijack his shuttle recognizing the name.

MMAR, Turbo and Space establishes Zordon has contacts on other planets and also a number of backup plans.
>>
>>14912729
>it's just not stupid enough.
gonna be the whole movie in a nutshell
>>
>>14921528
>>14921359
Maybe NASADA leaked the Morpher specs so a computer nerd wannabe ninja, a stoner, and a rich guy could all get their hands on the tech
>>
>>14920025
>it's a yellow-colored ranger
The meme magic is real.
>>
>>14922001
He's gold
>>
>>14922051
Shiny yellow
and if we'd hadn't skipped a season, the sixth would be orange
>>
>>14921996
I guess that's really the full sum of all my gripes: it's the wrong kind of stupid and it isn't stupid enough.
That's pretty much all the toyetic reboots these days, though, so I guess I'm just going to have to adapt to the new stupid.
>>
>>14921998
>Zordon left NASADA a file containing info on how to access the Morphin Grid and build Zords, to be leaked to the most capable minds on the planet in the event of his death

Whelp, that's my new headcanon.
>>
>>14922209
it's now /prg/ law
>>
>>14922209
Considering the time frame, it was probably posted on a Usenet subgroup started by Billy.
>alt.hero.ranger
>>
>>14921998
The rich guy is Mac'k's father right?
At first I thought of Captain Mitchell but "rich" isnt hte first word I'd use for him.
>>
>>14923917
Yup, Mack's dad.
Captain Mitchell, being a government employee in charge of a large base, probably already has clearance to look at NASADA's files.
>>
>>14923939
How did Zordon manage to give morphing technology to a government agency without said government abusing said technology for military purposes?
>>
>>14923943
I guess if he intended to do that, he'd make sure the info would only arrive to trustworty people like Captain Mitchell.
Or the B-Squad's parents, and let's say that Time Force is either future SPD or has SPD tech.

That or you could just say that it's PR so it's a more idillic world. After all, the Super Megaforce intro says the world was at peace completely ignoring continuity(in SMF of all seasons) so assume he meant peace in human business, so no wars. Heck, let's take the headcanon further and assume it's all the result of the peace conference in MMPRS2.
>>
>>14924142
>>14923943
I guess when giant monsters level cities every other day, you're too busy to have wars with each other.
>>
>>14923943
>How did Zordon manage to give morphing technology to a government agency without said government abusing said technology for military purposes?

Except they did use Morphers and Zords for military purposes with Lightspeed Rescue. It was in preparation for a Demon invasion. Earth has several Seal Evil in a Can threats.

Zordon's Command Center has also been around for centuries as seen with Wild West Rangers. You're telling me a building like that can't be noticed by the US government?

Andros knowing Zordon indicates KO-35 colony government are allies. Childhood flashback with Karone indicate KO-35 has had rangers before Andros and Zhane.

Also I find it likely Terra Venture was built with Zordon leaking technology. For some reason the Lights of Orion ended up there as well.

Personally I think Zordon.gave the government a call after their astronauts released Rita.
>>
>>14924577
Use ≠ abuse
>>
PR Theory connecting events in Zeo, Turbo and Space.

The reason Zordon left for Eltar in Turbo is to prepare for Dark Spectre. Why?

Lets go back at the Zeo era. The Machine Empire decides to invade Earth after breaking off from the United Alliance of Evil. A few months later Aquitar is invaded by Hydro Contaminators. The Gold Ranger of Triforia is hunted down by the Varox bounty hunters, even Mondo wonders who hired them. And finally KO-35 falls to Dark Specter's forces. KO-35 was abandoned two years before Space and Zhane was in coma since.

Zordon recognized while he was busy with the Machine Empire somebody was manipulating events targeting Ranger worlds. That somebody was Dark Specter leader of the UAE. So Zordon had Lerigot free him from his prison to better organize a resistance as Eltar is next in Dark Specter's agenda.

Zordon sets up a number of backup plans. The NASADA Shuttle is designed to dock with and combine with the Astro Megaship. Leaves the Voyager Zords at Titan for future use. Gave Zord distribution duty to the Phantom Ranger for Turbo and Space teams hence compatibility. Built the Robot Rangers for Eltar's defense. Zordon's fears get justified with Blue Senturion's Millennium Message for Dimetria, who he left in charge of Earth.

Eltar gets invaded leading to the loss of the Turbo powers and Zordon captured. Astronema manages to recover or reverse engineer Ranger technology for her Psycho Rangers.

Dark Specter gathers all the villains under his United Alliance of Evil,, including the Royal House of Gadgetry which was rebuilt after Rita and Zedd blew them with a bomb, to conquer the universe. As he drains Zordon of his power.

Later when Karone has been turned to a amoral cyborg she used Zordon's connection to Dark Specter to kill him with the Psycho Rangers. That plan didn't work out.

Thing is the connection goes both ways. When Dark Specter was killed Zordon now had the means to defeat the Dark Specter's minions one fell swoop.
>>
File: Astro Megaship Mark 2.jpg (72KB, 631x477px) Image search: [Google]
Astro Megaship Mark 2.jpg
72KB, 631x477px
>>14924669
However for it to happen Andros has to kill him.

Zordon has final backup plan with Gosei as per Megaforce.
>>
>>14918903
I've always wondered what the thought process was behind these. Why make them greebled up only for the transformation sequence?
>>
>>14925037
I guess they wanted to make them a bit less toyetic so the general audiences that could go watch the movie could take it "seriously". Pretty much what the new movie should to do achieve what it wants without being shit.
>>
File: Movie Turbo Megazord.png (166KB, 452x528px) Image search: [Google]
Movie Turbo Megazord.png
166KB, 452x528px
>>14925037
Since this is a movie probably because they had the extra budget and they don't have the RC models from Japan.
>>
>>14924669
>>14924675
shit I'd buy it
>>
>>14923943
Remember that this is the government of a country where it seems like slavery and racial prejudice do not exist, and sexism exists in small "boys vs girls" pockets (referred to as "episodes")
>>
>>14924669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrqW1pjpgiU
Oh one thing I forgot. General Havoc fighting the new team of Turbo Rangers tells them he serves a higher power.
>>
File: pTRU1-18939575enh-z6.jpg (140KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-18939575enh-z6.jpg
140KB, 1000x1000px
Is there a toy line that has done figures for every power ranger series in one consistent style? I want to collect figures of every ranger, but my problem is I don't like it when they vary in terms of style from one team to another. What I mean by that is... even if I were to try collecting 5 inch scale figures, some years, Bandai had them looking super buff while others had them looking more lean, etc. I don't even mind collecting something more cute, chibified as long as it's consistent. Please let me know. I'll even do it if it's some weird Imaginext toy for children.
>>
>>14924669
>>14924675
>>14926075
Damn, this got deep fast. This is great.

>>14926176
Sorry, but so far there's no line that's been entirely consistent. Mostly just groupings of lines (MMPR-Zeo, Space-Wild Force, NS-JF, ect.)

The closest we've gotten so far besides the old Legacy lines is the 2010 Mix-n-Morph figs, but even that didn't get to every series before the scale was changed dramatically.
>>
File: prmegalegend__53183.1474049150.jpg (37KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
prmegalegend__53183.1474049150.jpg
37KB, 500x328px
>>14926176
The current 6.5 inch legacy line might, but they're only 2 series in so it's hard to say if they'll follow through with releasing all the rangers, and if they will keep them consistent. At this time the current 5 inch line has the most comprehensive collection of Rangers in the same scale and style. Full MMPR, Super Megaforce, Dino Change, and soon Ninja Steel teams. Every other Red Ranger aside from the female Red Samurai. And sixths from Zeo, Lightspeed, Time Force, Ninja Storm, SPD, Samurai, and Megaforce. There's a 10 pack of older rangers which will be on sale for $50 at TRU on Black Friday.
>>
>>14926463

Thats neat, would love every ranger in that 5 inch style... hmm, Guess i can just hope they follow through with the 6.5 legacy line. Either that or hope Lego gets to make power ranger mini figs
>>
File: file.png (88KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
88KB, 239x211px
>>14909099
>>
>>14923943
because it's an idealistic world
and Zordon (assuming Gosei as well) have control over the morphing grid so they could probably shut them down as well
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwiPSth_6o

>5 monsters
>5 megazords

You know what would have been great? 6 monsters and the extra one was taken out by the Ninja Steel rangers similar to how the next Sentai appears in VS movies
>>
>>14927779
They should like, adapt Deathryuger first.
>>
>>14927842
yes
>>
Aerial Goldar battle confirmed.
>>
>>14927941
God that looks awful
Also finale is pretty good
>>
File: Kyoryu Red Carnival.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kyoryu Red Carnival.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
Caught a bit of Dino Charge the other week and saw the Red Ranger do Carnival while the Megazord was up. So this Morpher is just its own thing and not the Tyranno Zord shrinked down?
>>
>>14927842
>The Dark Energem turns Snide into the Dark Ranger
>>
File: IMG_1787.png (250KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1787.png
250KB, 632x483px
>>14927941
>Goldar is the movie's big spoopy monster at the end
>Guaranteed no actual personality or cool voice
>Will probably die within 5 minutes of showing up

Oh boy, so excited.
>>
>>14909053
That teaser was the immediate warning sign. No high energy, no sense of adventure, it just screamed "mopey."

In a way, Dino Thunder is a perfect "remake."
>>
>>14928209
Kerrigan Mahan teased about Goldar in the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if he voiced him again.
>>
>>14928039
Pretty sure that's a stock footage plot hole.
At least I think it is.
>>
>>14928903
>>14928039
>http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/T-Rex_Zord
Don't have the debut episode on hand, but going by this, it is a plothole.
>>
>>14928681
In the same way that Welker voices Bayformer Soundwave, most likely.
>>
>>14929401
Damn it, I was JUST about to say that.

>>14928934
According to the wiki, the first plothole didn't occur until it's second use in Forged Under Fire.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Forged_Under_Fire#Errors
>>
>>14927941
Not a flying toy.
>>
I've come this far in this thread and there isn't any brazilian booty? wha?
>>
>>14930412
Stop
>>
>>14930412
she has an instagram you can go to
>>
>>14927941
Alpha 5 a megazord now?
>>
File: np.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
np.png
1MB, 640x1136px
For those of you buying the Legacy 6.5 figures, I just wanted to share a mistake made on mine. Half of MMPR Black's visor was missing the white outline on the top. I didn't realize it until I got home. I ended up keeping it... but I'm sure hardcore collectors would be pissed as hell at this. I got it for a good deal. 15 bucks.
>>
>>14931046
Well, I suppose expecting quality control is a little too much for Bandai America. They are pretty new at this "collectors figure" business.
>>
File: IMG_0015Safe.jpg~original.jpg (112KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0015Safe.jpg~original.jpg
112KB, 612x816px
>>14932872
>They are pretty new at this "collectors figure" business.
2008 called.
>>
>>14932892
I was being sarcastic. Still, eight years is a relatively short time compared to various other companies like Hasbro and the like.
>>
>>14932872
And they'll always be new as long as people accept collector-oriented toys that look like kid-oriented toys.
>>
>>14932892
Those were the best sculpts Bandai America have ever done.
>>
>>14928209
>Landis' original script had Goldar established by mid-movie as a powerful pompous asshat lion man
What could have been
>>
>>14933781
man I wish they went with him
>>
>>14933340
I fuckin know. I never got the Titanium/Green Samurai figures that came later...
>>
>>14933781
Link, sauce, or summary?
>>
>>14933866
I have sauce, but you can't post PDFs on /m/. Instead...
http://pastebin.com/EBErVDEa
Happy reading. I enjoy Landis' writing for the most part. Martyr and Villains were great, I have all of American Alien on my laptop, not too fond of Goodtime Gang, agreed with his own assessment of Super Mario World every step of the way. I don't know what to call this style of filmmaking, but all of his vids in the style of Death and Return of Superman are fun.
>>
>>14929401
Not sure what you are implying here. Unlike Soundwave it's not like Goldar's voice was heavily modified before showing up in the show.
>>
Hi /prg/ I'm curious whether any of you Ranger fans plan to stop collecting toys.

Here's my story, I never had any toys growing up. I grew up, got a job, and went wild on collecting Power Ranger toys for the past decade. It was the only type of toys I would collect. My room (which isn't that big) seems fully decorated now, and I think the ending of Dino Super Charge will be my farewell to collecting toys. It's a bit hard for me to let go, but I feel like it's no longer necessary to keep up the constant loop of collecting. I'll have to watch everyone buying new toys from afar I guess. I probably have $3000 worth of PR toys. I'm not rich. Will always remain a fan of the franchise, I just think I'll never buy anything ever again.

Has anyone else here gone through this?
>>
File: tumblr_ngch3v4p2t1u5p65ho1_1280.jpg (105KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngch3v4p2t1u5p65ho1_1280.jpg
105KB, 1024x576px
>>14934020

This photo goes nicely with your post.
>>
>>14933781
>Rita's goal is to return to Zedd's galactic empire in triumph
>The Putties are screeching, boneless zombies
>Goldar's first scene is him putting Jason in his place

I can dig it.
>>
>>14933781
Except Zach was the Pink Ranger, which was fucking stupid.
>>
>>14925717
This. The world's governments only argue when an evil alien Scissor Monster puts a spell on them.
>>
>>14923943
By that point Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd, Master Vile, the Machine Empire, Dark Specter, Trakeena, and Captain Mutiny attempted to attack mankind one way or another. Pretty sure the government didn't give a fuck about earth wars anymore when a bajillion villains can set loose giant monsters.
>>
>>14934020
I'm sort of being forced into that situation. I've been collecting comics since 2003(and I started collecting figuarts in 2013 when I started working) and I have to pass on lots of stuff because I'm out of space, but I didn't stop altogether. Also, this year I finally got the balls to donate some stuff that I'm definitely never reading again.

But for your case, if you don't like it anymore, it's good to just stop and not doing something you stopped liking out of habit. It's a very mature thing to do actually, and I've seen people not being able to do so.
>>
>>14934218

Thanks for sharing your comic collection story. I mean, it's a weird feeling. It's something you love but letting go makes you feel kinda free.

It's not like I'm saying goodbye to what I love. I still love Power Rangers and plan to watch it all. It's just when it comes to actually collecting as a hobby, I feel satisfied and when you realize that it's never-ending, it's okay to find a stopping point. I'm sure you would understand since comics seem to go on forever too.
>>
>>14933961
He means Welker showed up for one line for Soundwave in the Michael Bay movies.
>>
File: based.jpg (57KB, 575x672px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
57KB, 575x672px
based yoshi
>>
File: pink.jpg (117KB, 611x757px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
117KB, 611x757px
>>
>>14935014
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>14917467
>>14917470

hehe, i already know what the secret is. does anyone want me to tell them? heheheheheheheheehheheehheehehehehehe
>>
>>14935555
Lemme guess, your dad works for Saban
Also, check those King of Games quads
>>
>>14935569

do you wanna hear it or not? I actually know. You can save a screenshot of what I say and double check when #9 comes out.
>>
>>14935594
Have at it, then, if you're so great.
>>
>>14935603

Okay, i'm 100% serious.
The Rangers can't morph and end up using Tommy's Green Ranger energy to morph. The big deal is they become a team of Green Rangers. That's all. Tommy fanboys will go wild though.

You heard it here first! I'm not trolling you. Just you wait and see.
>>
>>14935633
>multiple rangers of the same color and same team
Not buying it. Also, not something that really "adds to the power rangers mythos". That's more of a "new character" deal.
Then again, it's stupid enough to be true.
>>
>>14926075
>General Havoc is smooth, cool, and menacing
>Only in Turbo for a few episodes
>Meanwhile Divatox is the main villain in Turbo

THANKS OBAMA
>>
>>14935645

Don't worry, I have no reason to push this. Just you watch, you'll get done reading that issue and it'll be a funny moment when you remember that random anon with the dad that works at saban... "wow, he wasn't making it up."
>>
File: Divatox-0009186.jpg (116KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Divatox-0009186.jpg
116KB, 640x360px
>>14935651
To be fair, there was a pretty convincing argument for her at the time.
>>
>>14935645
>>14935655
That already happened on the last page of #08
>>
>>14935850
I see two convincing arguments
>>
>>14935633
>>14935645
>>14935655
No need to act like it's some big secret. They already revealed that like a month ago.
>>
>>14935555
>heheheheheheheheehheheehheehehehehehe
>not haha yeah
newfag
>>
File: MMPRM-ninjafalconmegazordrender.jpg (125KB, 762x722px) Image search: [Google]
MMPRM-ninjafalconmegazordrender.jpg
125KB, 762x722px
>>14927941
Another no face cockpit?
>>
File: Ninja falcon megazord.png (122KB, 479x262px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja falcon megazord.png
122KB, 479x262px
>>14936634
>>
File: movie-ninjamegazord.jpg (446KB, 1444x1194px) Image search: [Google]
movie-ninjamegazord.jpg
446KB, 1444x1194px
>>14936635
>>
>>14936634
>>14936635
>>14936640
Worst Megazord.
>>
File: 1459345177365.jpg (130KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459345177365.jpg
130KB, 640x640px
>>14936454
>HAHA YEAH
>>
So I've really only just started dipping my toe into Power Rangers for the first time since I watched Mighty Morphin' as a kid, largely because my roommate is a huge fan.

We're watching Dino Thunder, and I have a question:

Does everyone else find Kira distractingly attractive?

I mean goddamn, I can't focus on the show half the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QwgjHsx858
>>
>>14937036
You're not the only one
>>
File: CxUU_3VWgAAVY7t.jpg (89KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
CxUU_3VWgAAVY7t.jpg
89KB, 800x450px
>>
>>14937391
Is the Black Ranger's animal a beetle now? It honestly looks more like Gargantus than the Mastadon Zord.
>>
>Mastodon's got 8 legs
>Triceratops has 6
The fuck even is this shit?
>>
File: IMG_3544.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3544.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>14937408
It's fucking Molga from Zoids!
>>
>>14937408
>>14937421
this Zoids movie looks cool
>>
>>14937421

The fuck is that?
>>
File: IMG_3549.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3549.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>14937429
Molga is pic related.

THAT is supposed to be the Mastodon Zord
>>
>>14937391
Why does the mastodon have no trunk and a giant spike sticking out of its chin under the mouth? Why does the sabertooth have no face? Why does the combined form not look at all like a combination of these machines?
>>
>>14937391
Get that rangercrew shit out of here
>>
>>14937421
This doesn't even look like a mastodon

This doesn't even look like an animal period. It's like they just took a bug and gave it tusks.

Seriously 8 fucking legs?
>>
I think I see what happened. They were making mecha for a Kamen Rider american adaptation and then it got revamped into Power Rangers, they went oh shit and did some last minute reworking

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT FUCKING SABER TOOTH TIGER? MY GOD WHAT EVEN IS THAT?
>>
>>14937520
More like they had one of the staff's retarded and near-sighted kid watch half an old extra grainy vhs tape episode and then had him draw what he saw on the screen.
>>
File: 1477779604854-1.jpg (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1477779604854-1.jpg
2MB, 2400x2400px
I got it.

They took toys of the original and melted them.
>>
>>14937528
That wouldn't explain the legs and lack of eyes
>>
>>14937518

Bugs are animals m8
>>
>>14937605
Okay it doesn't look like something that isn't an insect
>>
>>14937391
Melted
Mediocre
Pitiful
Redesigns
>>
File: IMG_0787.jpg (899KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0787.jpg
899KB, 1600x1200px
>>14937036
I did until I found out she was a coalburner.
>>
>>14937391
And let me just guess, Rangerboard thinks this looks awesome don't they?
>>
>>14937718
Hell if I know.
>>
>>14937036

That has happened a couple of times.

Kimberly in Mighty Morphin (everyone knows this)
Tori in Ninja Storm
Kira in Dino Thunder
Gia in Super Megaforce

It might happen again in the upcoming series because that Brazilian girl has the craziest booty.
>>
>>14937036
She's pretty popular. I don't find her THAT attractive.
>>
>>14937408
>>14937421

I highly approve of these 8-legged insectoid dinozords. Everyone that doesn't agree with me can go suck your own dick.
>>
>>14937520
> They were making mecha for a Kamen Rider american adaptation
PutoTyra gets a mech with a saberthoot tiger and a mammoth?
>>
I hate when they hire unrelatable chads to become Power Rangers. It makes me angry because they are too goddamn good looking to be a hero. You just know they are jackasses when the camera stops rolling. Also, I just become very jealous because I can never be that. On the other hand, guys like Yoshi Sudarso are cool even with their six pack abs because he knows Toku and deserves it.
>>
>>14937893
Andrew Gray is actually a pretty cool person.
>>
>>14936894
holy shit
>>
>>14908603
I'm sure this is something that gets asked a lot but, I want to get into watching Power Rangers, where should I start? I looked at the FAQ and saw some suggestions but i'd rather get a bit more info before I dive in.
>>
>>14938036

Only MMPR through Lost Galaxy had effort put into referencing contnuity. Everything from Lightspeed Rescue and beyond sorta feels standalone. The only time you feel continuity is referenced are really short moments that don't make a difference OR they are doing a team-up episode with a previous team, where they'll cram everything you need to know in the episode. Don't worry about it too much anon. You can kinda just jump into any series you want. Like time travel? Time Force. Live ninjas? Ninja Storm. You get the point. (Avoid Wild Force and Operation Overdrive because they were such crappy seasons, they'll make you vomit.)
>>
>>14938095
>Avoid Wild Force

Though check out their team-up episodes
>>
>>14937718
Quite the opposite
>>
>>14937893
I know it's bait, but I hate that people are so obsessed with muh relatability these days.

>>14938095
>Wild Force
>bad
>not even mentioning pre-DC neo-saban
>>
>>14937893
I hate when they hire manlets to be the alpha Red Ranger leader. I just can't take it seriously.
>>
>>14909053
The car legit scares me into thinking they plan to shit out these movies until we get into Turbo territory.

Goddamn I hope that's not the case
>>
>>14938172
On the bright side, with the general design philosophy, it will be nigh-impossible for Divatox and her goons to look silly.
>>
>>14938172
We are getting original 5 in the first movie and Green in the inevitable second because they just aren't going to not have Tommy in this movie.

I doubt we'll even get to the White Ranger.
>>
>>14938172
Anon, it's just a car, don't give it that much thought.
It's like saying that because space is featured in the pic they'll get to In Space. They probably won't get out of MightyMorphin-in-name-only.
>>
>>14938209
This. And the second one will only be a thing if the first doesn't bomb. It probably won't but still, it's too early to say anything about this kind of things.
>>
>>14937391
So, let me guess. These are either:
>Eltarian beasts that happen to loosely resemble dinosaurs
>Interpretations of what the dinosaurs actually looked out, turns out paleontologists were wrong all along!

>>14938172
That's kind of a stretch. It's just an awkward throwback to the Radbug without actually being a VW.
>>
>>14938172
You'd DEFINITELY have a case if they were standing on a race car to allude to Red Lightning. I highly doubt they were giving any thought to Desert Thunder in this instance since that would be random as fuck, shit's just a car.

>>14938218
Even if it bombs, there's no way they're not gonna give it a second go thinking "the first one failed because it didn't have Tommy"
>>
>>14938227
>It's just an awkward throwback to the Radbug without actually being a VW.
It'd surprise me if anyone involved in this movie even knows waht the radbug is. It's just a car.
>>
>>14938218
the first will do very well due to nostalgia
the second will suck ass
>>14938111
Wild Force team-ups are the best in the series
>>14937874
Shelby on DC is a babe
Neo-Saban finds the best girls
>>
>>14938209

I can't wait for the outtakes on the DVD with JDF being pulled off set screaming "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME! I'M THE GREEN RANGER! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MEEEEEEE!"
>>
>>14937716
That cool guy on the right looks familiar.
>>
>>14938095
>Wild Force
>Bad
Corny as fuck, yeah. But bad?
>>
File: 0jack.png (244KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
0jack.png
244KB, 656x369px
>>14938365
Just some guy, I think.
>>
>>14938398
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>14937893
/r9k/ - the post
>>
>>14937408
>>14937421
>That anatomy
Damn thing would trip on its own legs if it started moving
>>
File: eqrdvquskjsta0bcaiit.png (627KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
eqrdvquskjsta0bcaiit.png
627KB, 800x450px
>>14937421
Clearer image
>>
>>14937470
Hollywood
The designers probably didn't watch the show, didn't know what a Mastodon was, and just created this bizarre being we have right now.
>>
>>14938409
They aren't together anymore, that's why Jack wasn't in Once a Ranger
>>
>>14938530
Damn it, Legendary...
>>
>>14938640
Lionsgate is doing this
>>
>>14938678
That's what I meant to type. Yeah, them too.
>>
>>14908603
So I've been watching Ninja Storm for the first time. Overall it's really fun to watch, but some of the footage doesn't match whatsoever with the story or characters.

Exhibit A, B, C, and D right here. They keep portraying him as incompetent and useless, but in reality he's easily the most powerful guy Lothor has. How in the fuck does everyone not take into consideration that he took on all the Rangers, almost killed them in minutes, then almost wiped out the Megazords to the point where it took every ounce of effort the Rangers had to win?
Then when he explodes, he randomly becomes a midget, but then when he returns to size nobody thinks "Maybe we should use him again, but with a bit more backup?" Nigga was wrecking shop like no one's business, and the show acts like he couldn't kill a fly.

Which leads me to ask: What are times that the footage didn't match the show to the point where it bothered you?
>>
>>14938678
>>14938869
I always mix them up too. That's why I get for not caring much about studios.

>>14939161
Footage mismatch happens in pretty much every season in some way or form. Thing is, I watched most PR seasons either without knowing it was using sentai footage or before watching its sentai(Wild Force´s is the only one I havent watched by now) with DC being the sole exception.

Worst offender is usually said to be Megaforce and Super Megaforce. Other case is DC, the characters,while not the same, are similar to their counterparts enough so the way they act is mostly believable. But it annoys me that the ranger the episode is focused is not the one the episode the footage focus on, so you get episodes focused on green where blue does lots of the fighting work and so on. It´s my pet peeve with DC, which aside from pretty much that, I like a lot.

Also, not exactly what you´re asking for, but I recall having a photobook of MMPR S3 which had shots of the shogun zords and battle borgs and found out they were supposed to be based on the same animals as the ninja megazord zords. That and the symbols on the ninja megazord´s shoulders made me feel odd, like there was something about the zords that wasnt explained or didn´t belong there. Of course, years later I found out about sentai, Kakuranger and the like.
>>
>>14938574
god I love PR stories like that
>>14939261
megaforce is infamous for that, especially once they go pirate
>>
>>14939161
Pretty much all of Turbo, but for me specifically; when the the two different zords combine for some reason, can't remember why but I found the scene
https://youtu.be/PdFZmaYnle0?t=775
12:56 if it didn't set the time.
>>
Which Ranger had the best character development and why was it Billy?
>>
>>14939261
Gokaiger. Especially Gokaiger...

Outside of that I remember when Lost in Space had those weird purple things that gave off very creepy/rape vibes. Then I went off and watched Mega ranger and learned that they ended up ditching those mooks for the metal ones.

Most of Alien was pretty weird too considering KakuRanger was about ninjas instead of literally Captain Planet Power rangers.
>>
>>14939955
>Lost in Space
That's a show from the 60s, you mean "In Space"
>>
>>14939930
Billy's definitely top. Gonna also say Conner from DT, Cam from NS, and Leo from LG.
>>
>>14939955
>Gokaiger. Especially Gokaiger
Gokaiger is a Power Rangers season with footage mismatch?
>>
>>14939340
IIRC, the Turbo Megazord's arms and legs were damaged during the fight, and as you saw, the Rescue Megazord was chained to a monolith. It's actually pretty cool in context.

Though now that you mentioned it, Red Lightning and Mountain Blaster apparently disconnecting and recombining just for the combination sequence was annoying.

>>14939930
>>14940054
Jack and Sky had pretty great development as well.
>>
>>14939930
Tommy apparently went from full leftist to admitting economy should be free and later went on to join the socialism party, so him.
>>
>>14940697
So what does that mean when he becomes the Black Ranger?
>>
>>14937391
Pterodactyl looks passable; the rest looks like shit.
>>
>>14940656
My issue is that the reaction of the Sentai actors is nothing like how it comes across in Turbo, like when they're saying the name of the new form, you can tell the japanese footage is kind of like 'Ehhhhhhhhh?' when trying to name it.

But hey, they were adapting Carranger, they had their work cut out for them.
>>
>>14940723
Apolitical?
>>
>>14917490
>being this autistic
>>
>>14921464
National Aeronautics and Space Kindred Evolutional Realm
>>
File: whitelight1466ey6.jpg (38KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
whitelight1466ey6.jpg
38KB, 720x480px
>Tfw some little shit takes your spot as leader
I wonder if Boom will expand on that in a future issue.
>>
>>14943813
>Be the Red Ranger
>Fight off bullies for your buds
>Lead team into battle against intergalactic warlords
>Thousand year old baboon-cat wants your head on a pike
>Green Ranger pops up, schools everyone
>You single handedly take him down
>Uppity Green shit tries to tell you what to do, even though all his plans are screaming and kicking things
>Still maintain yourself as leader
>Green Ranger loses powers twice, and when he has them always waits till last minute to fucking help
>Green's gone
>Feel sad, but still beat Zedd with one less Ranger
>Tommy back in white
>Zordon goes "KEK YOU'RE LEADER NOW TOMMY"
>Just nod and let it happen
>Disappear right after
>Eventually return as the badass Zoe Gold... for 5 minutes, then lose powers

Being a Jason fan is suffering
>>
File: PowerCuck.png (189KB, 411x286px) Image search: [Google]
PowerCuck.png
189KB, 411x286px
>>14943846
Well, it wasn't ALL bad...
>>
File: Screenshot_20161118-072144.png (1013KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161118-072144.png
1013KB, 720x1280px
A lot of kids on nick are gonn have some spotaneous puberty.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161118-072208.png (1002KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161118-072208.png
1002KB, 720x1280px
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMKGYSuj919/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMWEB3mjNQo/?hl=en
fucking Brazil man
>>
>>14943595
>autistic
>for actually knowing shit of the show we're talking about
Also, if I were "autistic" I would be sure about all I said instead of saying IIRC, not to mention I´d even be able to point the specific episodes. You have to be a normie from 10 years ago to even consider that autistic.

>>14943813
If they ever get there, they´ll probably do so, I mean, it´s free drama that writes itself while also being sorta consistent with the show.
I personally feel Tommy´s "evilness" and his rivalry with Jason is way exagerated by people so it´s good that Boom actually tries to do something with that, though it´d be better if Zack´s character wasn´t messed with in the process.
>>
>>14943909
Were they a couple though? I thought she had some never seen boyfriend.
>>
https://powerrangersnow.wordpress.com/2016/11/18/ninja-steel-toys-released/
The Ninja Steel toys are out now, I guess
>>
>>14945415
Nah, it was just a friendly kiss on the cheek and a hug. Which actually makes the scene even more awkward.
>>
>>14945498
>prn/rangercrew

Not even clicking that faggotry.
>>
>>14914612
With all the other crazy stuff in the meta. Free him. He's the hero we need
>>
>>14945828
https://twitter.com/hassanahmed120
check this guys twitter
he's autismo but he's the first one I found with it
>>
>>14945415
I thought they broke up in some Zeo episode?
I swore Tommy got a Dear John letter and then he started banging Kat
>>
https://twitter.com/Zeored93
this memer also has videos up of the new toys
>>
>>14946007
I think he started banging Kat so the showrunners were like "Fuck, we never tied things up with Kimberly, huh? Well, guess the kids gotta learn about what women always do to you eventually. Why not now?"
>>
>>14946007
>>14946021
IIRC they were chummy, but didn't officially get together until after Tommy got dumped. Actually, part of the plot of that episode was taking him skiing to get his mind off it and trying to hook him up with the chick who played Kaitlin Star on VR Troopers.

Man, that was a weird episode. And a two-parter, no less.
>>
>>14945593
They were supposed to be a couple in the original version of the Turbo movie before all the cuts
>>
>>14946083
>>14946538
speaking of PR relationship cuts, in Forever Red's original script it was supposed to be established that Tommy and Kat were married and had children IIRC
>>
File: image.jpg (713KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
713KB, 1564x1564px
Restraining order when?
>>
>>14945498
NS comes out in Febuarary as always right?
>>
>>14946083
This guy's right.

And yeah, I remember that episode feeling really weird when it first aired as a kid. It was so bittersweet and relatively down (like I remember the Kaitlin Starr character as being unpleasant), I kept waiting for the plot to segue into Ranger shit, but it never did... the Cogs just fuck with their skiing, and TO BE CONTINUED... came up and I was like "What the FUCK?" In retrospect, it's interesting how Zeo did try to differentiate itself from MMPR, even if it still feels like MMPR with the fun sucked out.
>>
>>14947016
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>14944512
>though it´d be better if Zack´s character wasn´t messed with in the process.
Zack is totally in-character though. In The Green Candle, when the Cyclops monster impersonated the Dragonzord they briefly thought Rita had brainwashed the Green Ranger again, and Kim's all
>But what about Tommy? ;_;
and Zack just flatly states, without missing a beat,
>We'll have to take him out too.

Also, remember it was Zack who brought in the Megazord to fucking fight Evil Tommy in Green With Evil, breaking Zordon's no-escalation rule .

Besides, Jason vs. Tommy and Billy vs. Tommy have both been overdone in shitty fanfic and fanon - Zack being the kinda guy practical enough to both say "I want to do more with these powers than just fight monsters." and to say "If Tommy turns evil again, we need to put a mothafucka down."
>>
>>14947016
Raz is so weird and odd
Christina needs to protect herself
>>
File: 1437067684320.jpg (253KB, 657x718px) Image search: [Google]
1437067684320.jpg
253KB, 657x718px
Hey guys when are they going to use Gobuster footage in Dino Charge?
>>
>>14947175
hehe
>rangercrew
>>
Anyone else watching the finale of this season right now or
>>
>>14947020
Dino SuperCharge premiered in January, so who knows.
>>
File: 1478054073973.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1478054073973.png
187KB, 400x750px
>This Dino Charge episode
This is literally the Ninja Turtles finale
>>
How many years until Saban realizes Netflix will treat them better than Nick?
>>
>>14947191
They wouldn't get the same advertisement revenue as they would on cable tv.
>>
>>14947191
Say what you will about Nick but they're better than CN right now
>>
Oh man I haven't felt this emotional at a PR finale since In Space.
Good bye Koda
>>
>>14947218
It was pretty sad desu
>>
No Talon
I feel a bit jipped
>>
For anyone debating the possiblity of movie sequels, I would personally bet on it. Just like DC's massive fuckfest, this first movie (between Bryan Cranston, some girl eye candy, and chronicle) will net a shitton of money for the studio, despite the fact that it will suck massive cock (see: Man of Steel). Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat (see: DoJ, Suicide Squad, etc.)

Until people just save their money for the Marvel movies, there will be shitty sequels to shitty movies that ruin great franchises. Expect shit megazords, plotholes abound, close-up shots of girls asses (whose characters are probably ~15 y.o.), and more somewhat-high-profile actors to draw in the rubes.

Just torrent it after it hits blu ray, and you can save the franchise from being raped too badly. I used to want an "Angel Grove" T-shirt, until I saw this movie was going to take place there too... now theyve already fucked themselves on the royalties to a t shirt from me.
>>
Did....did Dino Charge just retcon Dino Thunder?
>>
>>14947236
I-I don't know.
>>
>>14947236
Technically yes lol
Does Dino Charge exist in a different timeline?
>>
>>14947236
Yup.

They also were the first Rangers to my recollection that straight up caused the Earth to be destroyed. That was pretty cool in a morbid way.

That finale had a lot of cool ideas but it felt rushed, especially evident when destroying the big bad of the show didn't actually feel like a climax. This should have been a three parter.

Anyway, Dino Charge and Dino Super Charge are some solid seasons, but I actually liked Dino Charge more. Felt more concise and built up to a pretty exciting climax. Dino Super Charge threw a whole lot more elements into the mix, making many parts feel underutilized.

Still, can't overstate enough how much of a step up these characters and actors have been over the last four years. It's a real challenge to make a main cast of seven all feel equally fleshed out and charming in their own way, and Chip totally succeeded in that regard. In particular, Ivan had some legitimately entertaining writing. Eager to see what his next shot will be like.
>>
>>14947223
The fact Heckle didn't become Talon or Navy Ranger really disappoints me.
Plus they skipped the Kyoryuger big bad.
I agree with >>14947261 too that the finale felt rushed which sucks because Dino Charge has been really really good.
>>
>>14947261
>This should have been a three parter
Which we probably could have gotten, if we didn't get those shitty holiday specials.
>>
>>14947294
Or maybe if they cut one of the MANY standalone episodes this season.
>>
>>14947294
I think they just get those holiday specials specifically as per Nick. So it's either they get just the 20 or 20 + 2 holiday clip shows, no option for 22 story episodes.
>>
File: sledge.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sledge.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
also did sledge say that he sold earth to "kamen 5"
>>
>>14947319
Yeah
And Heckle's planet was Sentai-6
That was a nice touch
>>
I hope Dino SuperCharge gets added to Netflix relatively soon. For some reason it took forever for DC to get added.

PR used to be distributed so much better. We'd get episodes the day after on Hulu, Netflix would put up the first 10 eps during thr hiatus and would put up the rest of the season the day after.

Atleast now Lionsgate is putting out DVDs in sets.
>>
>>14947236
>>14947258
>>14947261

Can one of you tell me what happened? What did they do that caused a Dino Thunder retcon? (I haven't seen the finale yet and I don't care about spoilers.)
>>
File: The Orford of Darkness.jpg (86KB, 560x844px) Image search: [Google]
The Orford of Darkness.jpg
86KB, 560x844px
>>14947016
>>
>They also were the first Rangers to my recollection that straight up caused the Earth to be destroyed.

So they're pretty much the worst Ranger team ever then, right next to the Ohrangers who straight up lost and had the Machine Empire literally take over Earth for half a fucking year.
>>
>>14948090
Basically they changed history and prevented the extinction of the dinosaurs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
sabertooth tiger!
>>
>>14948107
Dino Charge "Job" Rangers
>>
Usually I'm just a lurker, but prg:

Because I was heavily awaiting Dino Charge, I decided to follow my country's airing of DC (Germany). Though the airing of DC went pretty smoothless, (from November 2015 to idk something around June 2016) they ran into issues with the localization of Dino Super Charge.

I don't know all of the details, but apparently Sledge's German voice actor died and they have to rerecord several lines, hence delaying DSC for an unknown amount of Time.

I originally intended to stick to legal means to watch D(S)C, but damn I want to know what the hell is going on in DSC and I had to unfollow the official PR Account due to spoilers.

TL;DR: Should I wait until DSC airs in my Country (something something 2017) or should I just catch up with the American episodes?
>>
>>14948110
I would love to see how Tzachor would try to justify THIS one if he got to be producer again.
>>
>>14948225
Just watch it now, don't see a point in waiting, unless you've really gotten used to the German voices.
>>
Did RPM get (fan)subbed in Japan? If so, I wonder what Japanese fans thought of it
>>
>>14947236
Pretty sure it just retconned the entire fucking universe. You can't just un-extinct the dinosaurs wthout massive differences to the timeline. None of them should be alive after that. What the fuck Chip? Seriously, what the fucking fuck?
>>
>>14947236
>>14948463
I'm thinking it's best to think of Dino Charge like RPM, and assume it's its own universe.
>>
>>14947218
I still can't believe they sent Koda and Ivan back to their own times. It just feels so awful after everything they've gone through together.

What's the point of living on an Earth-1.5 without Koda and Ivan?

>>14948463
>What the fuck Chip? Seriously, what the fucking fuck?
Well, he did say the finale was going to surprise us. That's pretty surprising.
>>
File: Ohokay.png (222KB, 440x404px) Image search: [Google]
Ohokay.png
222KB, 440x404px
>tfw there's not even Koda descendant still being played by Yoshi
>>
>written by a woman
This doesn't bode well...

>breaks 25 years of continuity
Tzachor wasn't so bad in retrospect...
>>
Honestly, in the same universe where Earth's made contact with alien species multiple times, created shit like Terra Venture, monsters show up every week, all the ninja academies, ten thousand year old demons, androids and so on, dinosaurs still existing isn't that weird by comparison. It's still dumb, but not "Tzachor was better" dumb.
>>
>>14948555
Even if Dino Charge was a stand-alone series, the paradoxes created by this terrible finale break it. This is a "How I Met Your Mother" tier finale in that it manages to fuck up the entire show.
>>
Soooo Becca Barnes is off next season right? Looking at it, she was barely around for Dino Charge but was around for every episode of Super Charge.
>>
>>14948950
??????

There's no rule that people can only write for the "Super" seasons. In fact, that would seem to indicate that she worked her way up the ranks.
>>
>>14948987
Actually I was suggesting that the reason Super Charge felt weaker was her credit in every episode. In the first half she only co-wrote three episodes. Here she co-wrote for every single one.
>>
>>14949005
I'm no expert on how television shows are written, but I believe they plan out how the main story arc unfolds as a team, and then individual writers or groups then write out the individual episodes from sort of that blueprint. I don't think a single writer ever gets to determine a single plot point, but they do get to write out the specifics of individual episodes go, like dialogue, scenario, etc. But they still follow the arc that they all planned at the pace that they planned it.

With that said, my biggest problem was that the main plot simply did not unfold fast enough/wasn't important enough, we got a bunch of episodes where the Silver Ranger story line was just the stinger at the end, for example, and that seems like a failing of the whole team for not developing the story arc so that it's more centrally focused. It probably wasn't solely her decision to make so many standalone episodes, she probably just had a more proactive role in writing individual episodes, and to me there were still plenty of vibrant character moments there.

Again, I don't know. I wasn't there. But it's pretty hard to blame it all on one writer, even if her credits started to become more prominent in Dino Super Charge.
>>
File: ninjasteelpink.jpg (198KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ninjasteelpink.jpg
198KB, 1080x1080px
Dat ass doesn't quit
>>
>>14946923
There's already a Zeo episode that does that.

>>14948463
I think there's gonna be some sort of explanation soon on a fan conventon or social media.
>>
>>14948274
>Tzachor
>even bothering
At most we'll get that there's a simple explanation for that though I dont hate THAT part as much as most people do, Super megashit had awy worse sins
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.