[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do mechs have high heels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: FIGURE-015197_09.jpg (75KB, 747x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-015197_09.jpg
75KB, 747x800px
Why do mechs have high heels?
>>
>>14908481
Looks cool.
>>
>>14908502
/thread
>>
>>14908481
In this world, a man rides only two things- a horse and a women.
>>
>>14908545
So, mechs are horse-women?

Get this furry shit out of here!
>>
>>14908580
then we ride pizza and pasta
>>
File: promaxis.jpg (49KB, 304x370px) Image search: [Google]
promaxis.jpg
49KB, 304x370px
>>14908545
>>
>>14908481
those feet look more normal than most modern designs. as much as i like montero its feet only kinda work. they would work better if longer
>>
File: geta.jpg (92KB, 537x768px) Image search: [Google]
geta.jpg
92KB, 537x768px
They're samurai shoes. Japanese mechs almost always have some degree of a samurai theme
>>
>>14908545
> Horse and whores.
>>
File: 1464737700162.png (186KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1464737700162.png
186KB, 500x375px
>>14908545
>>
>>14908481
To look sexy as they walk down the catwalk.
>I'm too sexy for my armor. So sexy it hurts.
>>
>>14908650
There's only three legs.
>>
>>14909097
why does he always have the color red?
Doesn't he make himself a target on the battlefield that way?
I always get targeted just because I'm purple
>>
>>14908481
Because human feet are not flat, if you didn't have heels and/or toes then you would find walking, pivoting and moving on uneven terrain a whole lot harder.

>>14909294
To make him more easily identifiable and cool to the viewer. It's also why the RX-78-2 is painted in parade colors, and why White Base isn't the Black Base.
>>
>>14909312
Is a very good point, if you look at your own feet you'll see they're not all that dissimilar to the OP.
>>
>>14909312
I can get white base, because space shit is white. I can get the gundam because it's a prototype.

But I can't get why everybody and their mom has to know you are char.
>>
>>14909328
Ego?
>>
>>14909328
Loosely based off of the Red Baron is why. Now why did the Red Baron fly a red attack plane? I don't know.
>>
>>14909971
Asides from ego, it's also for identification. Lots of German pilots had personal colour & pattern schemes such that JG 1, which Richtofen commanded, became known as the Flying Circus.
>>
>>14908481
Idiot mechanical designers not being told they shouldn't by more sensible people.

Unless you're Nagano, in which case you do it because you're less making mecha and more making works of art that happen to be mecha.
>>
>>14909328
>But I can't get why everybody and their mom has to know you are char.
In the UC universe, being an "ace" means you're some sort of scary dude that deserves recognition on the battlefield.

It somewhat makes sense, since the technically quantity-limited nature of MS combat renders battles to be decided in pseudo-chivalrous knightly combat by powerful warriors in (mecha) armor. The battleships and fighters were just there to be mooks and garnishes for the MS fighting that somehow near-unilaterally decided the outcomes of battles.

So an ace gets custom colors to show that they're a badass who's going to kill everybody facing them...until another ace kills them to save the day.

In military value, I can only assume having visible ace units allows a lot of time and effort being expended and focused by the enemy to take a single unit while everybody else can get work done.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.