[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bad upgrades general /bug/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

File: Fenice_Rebirth.jpg (75KB, 708x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fenice_Rebirth.jpg
75KB, 708x960px
starting with wing gundam fenice rinascita.
why did they give up on the awesome and perfect asymmetric design and make it into a transforming mobile suit?

fenice was so pretty and different from other designs, the two wings on one side thing was interesting and gave it a cool visual effect
>>
>>14907804
I don't mind the different look what I hate is the original fenice never got a mg
>>
I feel that Rinascita being a proper non-symmetrical design makes sense from a thematic sense.

Fenice was pretty much destroyed at the end of that fight, so Fellini rebuilt it from the ground up.

Like how Fenice started as a repainted Wing Gundam, the rebirth of Fenice as Fenice Rinascita bears a symmetrical design much like the original form of Fenice.
>>
>>14907834
bandai is joking with everyone

how hard would it be to turn a normal MG wing into a fenice?

>>14907850
lets just hope rinascita gets thrashed and get his wings back to the wrong place.
>>
>>14907834
All they have to do is re-arrange and add some parts. Knowing Bandai who loves to reuse their assets, it's pretty weird.
>>
File: zgmf-x42s.jpg (55KB, 248x400px) Image search: [Google]
zgmf-x42s.jpg
55KB, 248x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD5OJd6i1uM
>>
>>14907854
You would need to scratchbuild new knee and shoulder armor as well as the beam saber.
>>
The Fenice's asymmetry was due to battle damage. It got totaled, the Rinascita is completely new. No damage.
>>
File: smile.jpg (17KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
17KB, 360x270px
>Tobikage kicks ass and is untouchable
>Joe in Kurojishi kicks just as much amount of ass
>Joe fuses with Tobikage and they both start to suck
>>
Vidar
GR Full City
Harute
Raphael
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-02-25-13h08m56s38.png (326KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-02-25-13h08m56s38.png
326KB, 640x480px
>Rebuild the super robot that helped save humanity

>Main component isn't even a lion

Genesic doesn't wipe away the shittyness of this thing. And it's only one of the reasons FINAL sucked.
>>
>>14907804
I thought it was the representation of a rape child between Papillon and Fenice.
>>
File: NakedJehuty.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NakedJehuty.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
Member when Jehuty was good?

Well now it's an EVA.
>>
>>14908176
Great upgrade, just a shit plot.
>>
>>14908176
Dear lord, stop this shit. Shin is the problem, not the suit.
>>
>>14907804

I just wish it still turned into a motorcycle
>>
File: 1477773512098.jpg (451KB, 900x714px) Image search: [Google]
1477773512098.jpg
451KB, 900x714px
>>
File: 1476645301302.jpg (122KB, 627x476px) Image search: [Google]
1476645301302.jpg
122KB, 627x476px
>>
>>14908176

WackyModder's autism rivals Shinn's.
>>
>>14910726
They up for it with the [Q]ant
>>
>>14913554
*made up for it
>>
>>14908176
TLDL
>>
>>14910726
This. 100%.
>>
>>14909920
Pretty much this. If Athrun or Kira (especially the latter, since it basically has cooler versions of Launcher and Sword Strike's weapons) got ahold of it, they'd have (still) been unstoppable murder machines.
>>
>>14907804
It looks girly.
>>
>>14908233
To be fair, that wasn't an upgrade so much as surviving an event that should have killed both runners.
>>
>>14910726
The 00 would've been fine had it kept the swiveling drive gimmick. It's biggest problem was getting a jet fighter stapled to it.
>>
>>14908216
I don't think GaoFaiGar counts as an upgrade.
Phantom Gao seems to be a much weaker unit than Galeon, and is only used because Galeon isn't available.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (15KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
15KB, 384x384px
>>
>>14917377
GFG can do the stronger attacks that GGG gets halfway through the show (Broken Phantom, Protect Wall), though.
>>
>>14917435
That makes it on par at best with GGG. It still isn't an upgrade.
>>
File: gravion_110_1280.jpg (212KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gravion_110_1280.jpg
212KB, 1280x1024px
>>14917397
This.

>>14910726
I do not agree with this. 00 is a great upgrade. The Seven Sword is majestic and vanilla 00 is pretty cool with its shields. The jet fighter is a bit stupid, but It has its meaning.

A true bad upgrade is pic related. The Sol Gravion.
>>
>>14908194
To be fair, the lack of asskicking started when Zerokage showed up, which was unrelated to Joe.

And then Mike had that one fight with Keima that completely fucked Zerokage over and lost due to a horrifically fucking lucky strike and no one ever fucking attempted it again and goddamnit Tobikage why did you have to suck so much.

>>14917377
Here's the thing. Gaofighgar as a unit is stronger than Gaogaigar or Star Gaogaigar, because each component was actually made to work with each other. GGG and SGGG were both jury-rigging Earth parts into what was supposed to be a much stronger combination of all alien units, and the whole suffers. So Gaofighgar is slightly stronger because of that. It helps that the one thing that humans actually invented on their own and made into something really useful, the Phantom Ring tech, was fully integrated in Gaofighgar instead of being a side thing.

But Genesic blows all of them straight out of the water. Too bad the massive parts make it look like it has a fucking tiny head.

Also all of them look like god mechs compared to the abomination of Gaogaigo.

>>14917491
>hating Sol Gravion

Now you hold on just a fucking minute.
>>
>>14907804
I wasn't as mad at first with Fenice R until I realized the v-fin wasn't asymmetrical and his eyes were double green and not the sick ass red/green on the OG Fenice.

Then the Fenice R got the MG over OG Fenice. At least it's a solid kit.
>>
File: Literally Pants on Head Retarded.jpg (526KB, 1647x2281px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Pants on Head Retarded.jpg
526KB, 1647x2281px
This still takes the cake.
>>
>>14910726
I will fight you, 00 is as sexy as Exia.
>>
______Golden joints______
>>
File: firejdecker.jpg (41KB, 514x750px) Image search: [Google]
firejdecker.jpg
41KB, 514x750px
Not a bad upgrade, but a very underwhelming one.

He barely looks any different than regular J-Decker. It looks like only 50% of Duke Fire is in there, and the shoulders aren't different at all.
>>
>>14914058
To be fair, Shinn in the Destiny was an unstoppable murder machine against everything EXCEPT Athrun and Kira. Relying on raw power and aggression won't work against those two when they have equally superpowered machines.
>>
>>14909920
I've still got a problem with the suit, that in design it's pretty blatantly based on the (Perfect) Strike more than the Impulse or even Destiny Impulse
>>
>>14907850

Yea, I kind of like the new Fenice too, because I see it as him taking the remnants of his old suit and trying to make something new out of it so that it can perform better going forward. There might not be much of the original Fenice left now, but the bits that were there are presumably still part of the Fenice Rinascita and he'll patch that up in future just like the old one. It's a more complete overhaul than the Fenice has had in the past, but it's just a bigger version of what he's always done.

I hope he doesn't just end up copying the old Fenice by fixing the wings to one side when they break like >>14907854 indicates though - that'd be boring. I want him to make something different out of it over time as he repairs it.

>>14909920

Shinn might be a problem, but the suit itself has some issues too. It has a god awful paint scheme for a start and just doesn't suit the actual suit. It's barely connected to the Impulse stylistically or in design as well, and doesn't retain the Impulse's part swapping.

Actually, that's really a problem with the upgrades in CE in general: they just don't seem connected to the pilot's previous suit at all.

>>14920028

I feel like one of the few that prefers the 00 over the Exia. I prefer the swivelling shoulder drives though, and I loved the way Setsuna made use of them as shields the first time he sortied and that they left a visible infinity style OO wash when used once or twice near the start. Then he stapled a plane to it's back and some big surfboards to the shoulders and made an ugly mess of the whole thing. Oh well.
>>
Really the only major issue I have with Rinascita is the switch from "Ebikawa redraws and builds on Okawara's design" to "Ebikawa says fuck it and just draws a 00 Gundam/Arm Slave that kinda looks like Wing"
I like his stuff usually, but the clash is just violent there
>>
>>14920026
>what if the giant backpack was a hat
>>
>>14921305
gotta agree with you now that you say that. wouldn't want him copying fenice.
but I still want something bashing symmetry in the face
>>
File: old wing zero and new wing zero.jpg (226KB, 1200x865px) Image search: [Google]
old wing zero and new wing zero.jpg
226KB, 1200x865px
>>14907804
>>
>>14921908
That's not an upgrade, in-universe, though.
>>
>>14921305
>Actually, that's really a problem with the upgrades in CE in general: they just don't seem connected to the pilot's previous suit at all.
Outside of the Destiny, why should they? Freedom and Justice weren't built by the same people as the Strike and Aegis.

I mean, Zeta had nothing in common with the MK II, so it's not like this was a unique thing in Gundam.
>>
>>14910726
00 is fine you faggots.
>>
File: m188_m0002.jpg (469KB, 1068x1511px) Image search: [Google]
m188_m0002.jpg
469KB, 1068x1511px
>>14907804
>Starring in "New Mobile Report Gundam Wing", the Wing Gundam has been Ricardo Fellini's favorite since he started playing Gunpla Battle as a child. He had to fight many battles to gain his experience, so naturally his favorite machine needed to be repaired many times. The customizations added up, and eventually his own original creation, the Wing Gundam Fenice, was born. The most distinctive feature of its design was its asymmetry, which forced the omission of the original Wing Gundam's flight mode transformation.

>Using the Fenice, Fellini made consecutive appearances in the World Tournament as the Italian representative. But in the 7th World Tournament, the Fenice suffered heavy damages after a fierce battle with Aila JyrkiÀinen, the Finnish representative, and her Qubeley Papillion. To address this, Fellini immediately began work on resurrecting the Fenice. He had previously thought up plans for an improved version, and had already completed some of the parts. He spent a long time making one improvement after another, and ended up balancing out the original asymmetry.

>The design concept for this machine was "If the Wing Gundam had been powered up during 'New Mobile Report Gundam Wing' what would it have looked like?" Fellini used his imagination and came up with his own answer. As such, the left and right symmetry as well as the flight mode transformation were restored. The "Rinascita" added to its name means "resurrection".

>Shortly after this machine was completed, it participated in the struggle brought forth when the Arista went berserk at the 7th World Tournament's conclusion. With its immense firepower and superior mobility, Fellini's resurrected machine both impressed everyone there and played a large role in minimizing damages.
>>
Basically Fellini took the Wing Fenice's destruction as an opportunity to do something new with his favorite Gundam.

It's a shame that meant ditching the asymmetry, but better a significant difference than the "it's the exact same fucking thing" upgrade style BF Try would go on to embrace.
>>
File: 230844ioj61rrh7jr67nz6.jpg (132KB, 1200x667px) Image search: [Google]
230844ioj61rrh7jr67nz6.jpg
132KB, 1200x667px
The funny part about the Rinascita is that as is it still has a lot of Fellini's personal design elements (beam capes, sharp armor, color scheme) so it's more of a custom of a hypothetical Wing Custom.

Fellini would later go on to participate in a MG exhibition match, and he decided to go even further with the concept and modify the Fenice Rinascita into something he could picture Heero piloting: the Fenice Rinascita Alba. Which if you look closely actually does change up the design to make it more in line with vanilla Wing.

So the custom of a custom of a hypothetical Wing Custom ends up being what that hypothetical MS would've looked like.

Customs.
>>
File: m188_51.jpg (107KB, 1000x616px) Image search: [Google]
m188_51.jpg
107KB, 1000x616px
As for why they never made a MG Wing Fenice, as far as anyone can tell the MG BF line just didn't do well. The line is extremely cost effective (every BF MG that has come out has an existing kit to be based off of), and the HGs came out long ago enough there wouldn't be any sales cannibalized.

Perhaps the issue is that BF itself advertised HGs instead of MGs. RG Build Strike FP is happening, after all.

Perhaps the issue is that Bandai has pretty much turned MG into a seasonal thing, and that even if BF variants are popular, they're not popular enough to sell for a whole season. This wouldn't stop P-Bandai, but P-Bandai has been busy with IBO lately so who knows.

Or perhaps the issue is just that Bandai has already made the mold but just isn't going to release the kit until the BF OVA comes out.
>>
>>14922050
If the BF MGs don't sell very well except for maybe Fenice and BS FP, I would guess because of the price. I would love to have a Sengoku Astray or Dark Matter MG but they both cost 5000 yen MSRP, which is on the upper end of MGS. For reference the Banshee MG, which is one of the best MGs in the upper price range, is 5000 yen as well. If I were to buy a Sengoku/Matter or a Banshee, I would pick Banshee every day of the week. Not to mention all the MGs below the 5000 MSRP price.
>>
>>14921305
>feel like one of the few that prefers the 00 over the Exia.

You are not alone, this is just a stupid bait. I also prefer the Exia, but 00 is still a great upgrade.
>>
>>14922079
5000 yen is not upper. Mg sinanju, sazabi, nu gundam, hi nu gundam, ex-s gundam, the o say hi
>>
>>14922349
Yeah, I probably should have said middle. The point still stands though. It's like why would I get a Sengoku Astray when I could get some of the best kits the master grade line has to offer, like a Force/Sword Impulse, or a Banshee, or a Zaku II 2.0 variation? They're pretty low on my priority list. If they ever go on sale for a reasonable price I'll be interested, but right now they're not.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.