[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come nobody thought of a mazinger x getter robo tv series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

how come nobody thought of a mazinger x getter robo tv series
>>
Because it would suck. There.
>>
>>14909290
Can't suck more than gundam though
>>
>>14906450
Because then DP wouldn't stop doing crossovers and we'd end up with a DP Justice League and giant robots would be as convoluted as western comics.
>>
>>14909316
Wouldn't we just get that one manga that ended up shooting Great Mazingers at things
>>
>>14906450
It's called Getter Robo Go.
>>
>>14906450
Shin Mazinger was originally going to be a big crossover series before Imagawa got on board and gave his direction to it.

It didn't happen in the 70s since Japanese executives really disliked the idea of multiple hero robots back then, which is why the sidekicks were so ineffective.
>>
>>14909316
that should happen
>>
>>14906450
trying to cater a fanbase is hard.
trying to cater two fanbases would be worse
>>
>>14909468
>It didn't happen in the 70s since Japanese executives really disliked the idea of multiple hero robots back then, which is why the sidekicks were so ineffective.
Interesting. I could see not wanting two hero robots since it'd muddle up the main cast too much, but you'd think more robots standing out = more robots to sell toys of.
>>
>>14909721
That seemed to work in some Brave shows, so they've at least warmed up to the idea since then.
>>
>>14906450
I think I'd like a series where the robots are set in the same universe, but not every chapter needs to be a crossover. You get a mazinger chapter once, then a getter, a jeeg, etc. Every once in a while you do a crossover episode. The crossover episodes follow their own narratives and actually have a point, and you have the finale with all the robots together.
Don't ask me how, I can't even begin to imagine a coherent plot that would have roots in the lore of the different robots, having things in common but not contradicting each other, but if anyone in Japan could come up with such an idea it would be great.
>>
>>14909316
Not really. Everything they usually release is self contained. It's like Matsumoto's works at this point, retellings of the same story. You can do a crossover series and then go back to normal. And even if they started doing crossovers the whole time, they might all be set in different continuities. Unlike in USA, where they need a Crisis or an annihilation event to reset everything, the Japanese don't care about that; they don't need to explain why things were like that 5 years ago and why things are like this now.
>>
>>14909301
Sure thing Mario
>>
looks great
>>
File: ssggetter1mantle_detail_12.jpg (122KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ssggetter1mantle_detail_12.jpg
122KB, 1333x1000px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.