[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xabungle Graffiti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

So, I just finished Xabungle today. Great ending to a great show! I checked out the end of Graffiti even though it's not subbed just to see what the difference was, and I lolled. I wonder though, does anyone know what exactly Arthur says when he shows up? It seems like it'd be an easy thing to translate, only a few lines. Hopefully the whole film gets subbed someday.
>>
Here's the clip, btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kctcKTDKjHU
>>
>>14904862
At 1:47? Sounds like
"I'm the man who governs the Innocent. I wanted to see the power of <Hitoridas? If that isn't a name then its just "you guys"> and caused this bad drama. Please forgive me, everyone."

My only experience with Xabungle is through SRW so I don't have much context, and holy shit this is the most mumbled sentence I've ever heard in Japanese.
>>
>>14905006
Yeah, the audio quality isn't great either. "Hitoridas" is "civilians" I think, referring to the class all the main characters belong to. I was wondering if he said anything especially clever, but it sounds like it's just a straightforward joke. Thanks for the translation.
>>
Holy shit, coolest model ever
>>
>>14904849
Have you tried ZZ?
>>
File: 1396551326964.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1396551326964.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>
>>14909100
I haven't seen it. My friend said it's fun but really wacky, which does sound like Xabungle. Seems like it might be more fun than Zeta, in any case. I like Tomino a lot more when he's having a good time.

>>14909603
Sweet.
>>
Jiron shoulda hooked up with Virin imo.
>>
>>14909826
There's one piece of alternative official artwork showing that he's seemingly paired up with what's either Maria or an older Chill. She can't catch a break.
>>
>>14909808
That scene was great. Just watching that bubble floating around gave me a good chuckle.
>>
>>14909880
Kinda makes sense, since Chill is who he's running with at the end after Fatman steals Elchi. Post that pic if you can find it, I'd like to see!

>>14909884
I love how much fun they had with the animation in general. Feels to me like Tomino and his crew had been so successful at that point they said "this time we're just going to do whatever we want" and it ended up being super fun and badass because of that. What other mecha anime would have a villain like Timp? His cartoon immortality is like Christopher Lloyd in Who Framed Roger Rabbit...
>>
File: daf34c80.jpg (120KB, 838x590px) Image search: [Google]
daf34c80.jpg
120KB, 838x590px
>>14910110
It's definitely a toughie to find. In the meantime, have a fan art of her and Rag discovering drive-ins.
>>
For years I thought Jiron was fat before seeing the show, based purely on his facial portrait in SRW.
>>
>>14910227
What blew my mind for me was expecting him to be voiced by Kazuki Yao, then getting a baritone voice instead (which gets weirder when you realise the VA went on to do Coleman in Tekkaman Blade).
>>
Jiron is kinda cute, I like how his design is not the typical bishie real robot lead
>>
Does anyone else think that xabungle could have been a huge success in the states?
>>
File: 1473206591852.png (468KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
1473206591852.png
468KB, 600x435px
>>
>>14904849
Is the name supposed to be a reference to American Graffiti?
>>
File: xabungle14.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
xabungle14.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>
File: CBQQUHoUwAA2r9Z.jpg (144KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
CBQQUHoUwAA2r9Z.jpg
144KB, 600x840px
>>14910227
>>
>>14913372
Haha awesome, I'd never seen that cover. THAT'S "OUT"!

>>14910617
I've thought since I started watching it that if Bandai had given it a good dub and put it on Toonami back when the block was full of Gundam shows, it would have killed. They were probably afraid kids wouldn't like the old animation, plus they would have to edit out a fair amount of nudity and adult content. Would have led to some lol-worthy edited scenes, I'm sure.

>>14910199
I'm now imagining a mecha equivalent of a truck stop where there are fast food joints and convenience stores way up on stilts.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.