[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this was underwhelming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: charscounterattack.jpg (43KB, 264x399px) Image search: [Google]
charscounterattack.jpg
43KB, 264x399px
Well this was underwhelming.
>>
File: 1468962834059.jpg (1MB, 2676x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1468962834059.jpg
1MB, 2676x2084px
It was too deep for you
>>
>>14902891
Great moments like those are overshadowed though
>>
>>14902891
>>14902921

I really hate that people act like this is a real thing, and either don't realise or willfully ignore that Char is explicitly thinking about Lalah in that last frame, not Amuro or his family legacy. There's even an edited video someone made linking the scenes, but completely cutting the context of the one from Char's Counterattack so it appears like foreshadowing.
>>
>>14902888
>underwhelming
I believe the word you're looking for is "Shit"
>>
>>14902935
>it's foreshadowing
I think you're missing the point.
>>
>>14903004

No, I'm pretty sure linking those two scenes to imply that Zeta foreshadows Char's character in Char's Counterattack and that he's reminiscing on the psst with Amuro is exactly the point.
>>
>>14902891
There was no depth in CCA.
>>
>>14902888
If you went in expecting it to be the epitome of Gundam, maybe. It still had some really good animation, a good soundtrack, a passable plot that worked just well enough to keep things moving, and overall some of my favorite mechanical designs in all of Gundam.

Seriously, with the exception of the Jagd Doga, which was merely okay, I loved every single suit design in that movie. ReGZ, Jegan, GMIII (yes, I know that's technically a ZZ design, but it's featured more prominently here) Nu Gundam and Sazabi are all top-tier designs in my book, and the Geara Doga is my favorite Zeon or Zeon-inspired grunt MS design of them all.
>>
>>14902888
This thread is going to be made time and time again now.
>>
>>14903034
It's deeper than Eva.
>>
>>14902935
How do you know what he is thinking about in the Zeta frame? And in what way is Lalah not related to Amuro or Char's family legacy?
A conversation about sacrifices and Amuro triggers that flashback, you know.
>>
>>14902888
>Well this was underwhelming.
You don't have to mince your words. It was shit.
>>
sazabi and nu are still some of best non grunt ms ever though.
>>
>>14903802
Sazabi was cool, Nu was just another RX-78 variant.
>>
>>14903812
not just another one, but the best one. besides fags
>>
File: millennial mecha master.jpg (201KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
millennial mecha master.jpg
201KB, 700x1100px
>>14903793
>>14903034
>>14902958
>>14902888
Epic posting, brehz
>>
>>14903680
Like that's an accomplishment
>>
>>14903776

I know because not only is Char talking about Lalah at that moment, but a second after he holds the glass up and stares at it he has a flashback to Lalah's death while he talks about her. And while Lalah might be tangentially related to Amuro and his family, they are not one and the same so suggesting that scene is him thinking about Amuro is idiotic.

And yes, him and Nanai talk about both Amuro and sacrifice in that scene, but the flashback is triggered by them talking about Lalah - not Amuro or sacrifice.
>>
>>14903908
They don't talk about Lalah at all.For all we know Nanai knows nothing about that. Definitely not from him.
>>
>>14903011
I think the word "callback" would be more appropriate.
But the main point, at least to me, is that Char is actually portrayed pretty consistently through all entries but for some reason people refuse to believe it just because they are bad at paying attention.
>>
>>14903989
>>14903908
It goes directly from a conversation about Amuro into him mentioning Lalah, which is when he picks up the glass and looks at it. The conversation is about how much he hates Amuro though and how he's going to sacrifice his own humanity to move people into space.
t.Watched the movie today.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.