[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most striking and defining scenes in mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

I forgot how striking the third episode of zeta was and how it pretty much set the tone for the series. What are some of your most striking moments in mecha /m/en? (The fife launch from the gundam novels is up there too along side with Dublin's colony drop in ZZ)
>>
when the dummy plug is activated on EVA01 and it starts tearing EVA04 apart, even with the pilot inside. that was freaky, grotesque and violent.

I'm pretty sure that type of scene was copied by unicorn gundam during the battle against kshatriya(when the NT-D system take control over banana and start tearing the kshatriya apart and only stops when he exposes the cockpit)
>>
Valvrave rape scene.
>>
>>14899138
>Valvrave rape scene.
I think the ultra harakiri blade that emptied the girl's brain was worse, but to each their own.
>>
The Gunbuster gattai scene in episode 5.
>>
File: need_a_hand.webm (607KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
need_a_hand.webm
607KB, 1024x576px
>>
In Victory Gundam, when the Zanscare guy realises he's been fighting a 13 year old kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHlWqZU2bw
>>
>>14899166
What?
>>
>>14899194
the black haired girl that was used as a test subject to the valvrave 1 unit
she's said to not have a limiter on her brain, so the valvrave would drain all her runes, thus draining all information on her brain, leaving her in a braindead state.
and that's what happens when she uses a gigantic harakiri blade to destroy dozens of troops of the enemy guys and cause a volcano eruption
>>
>>14899132
OKAERI
Tekkaman Blade vs Tekkaman Evil
Seven Swell
Superhuman Kelly achieving his dream in Tetsujin 28
Tetsugyu vs Genya in Giant Robo
Basara moving the mountain
Van screaming to the heavens about how much he loves his dead wife in GUNXSWORD
Sandman getting his maids to do JAM Project karaoke in Gravion Zwei
I AM SAGARA SOSUKE
The entire final arc of Dougram, jesus christ
>>
>>14899132
The last scene of Dunbine. That single scene puts the show up as one of the best mecha. It's truly the ultimate climax.

Of course, the designs and the setting would have done that several times over.
>>
-Last Shooting
-Entire DYRL sequence
-Mazinger being ripped apart in the last episode
-Optimus Prime's death
-Master Asia's introduction/death
>>
>>14901136
>that bit where Crinns dad died
;_;7
>>
>>14901229
I actually thought von Stein had the best death scene

Not because of the character himself, but because of the way the scene played out and what it meant for the show. The whole thing had a very symbolic feel to it; the way von Stein just arrogantly tells Lecoque how he plans on defecting reflecting how the rebels had grown overconfident until that point, the way he boards a helicopter to leave the base being representative of Deloyer attempting to fly from the nest and be free on its own before it is shot down by Earth, Lecoque becoming so desperate that he uses violence in front of others, the only time he does so in the story. As the helicopter goes down, so too do the rebels' last hopes for a total victory, and Lecoque blackmailing the soldiers into silence is great foreshadowing for what happens to the rebel movement in the few episodes to come
>>
>>14899179
The scene in the second to last episode where Tomino does a complete 180 on his usual old people suck message made Victory go from great to one of my all time favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic
>>
File: chirico smiling.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
chirico smiling.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
Remember when Chirico strapped a fuckton (technical term) of guns to his mecha and that was his upgrade? Just more guns and a paintjob on his shoulder.
>>
When you see Shin Getter in the Thunderstorm at the beginning of Armageddon
>>
Episode 9 of Exodus
>>
>>14901417
Lecoque going crazy and telling everyone to shoot down Von Stein was great. All of the soldiers look so confused, and watching the suited politician grab an AK47 and start shooting at a helicopter is hilarious in an awkward way.
I think you're reading a little too much into the symbolism there though.

Zaltsev got the worst ending though. Guy get's locked in jail for doing nuffin wrong. I hope some terrorists bust him out or something.
>>
The scene from Giant Robo where Big Fire is introduced. The whole composition of the scene and the music to go along with it sent chills down my spine.
>>
>>14901732
Not the anon you're talking with but I really liked how Zaltsev basically just said, "well, if that's how it is" and let himself be locked away. It was unfair as fuck but the way he simply took it struck me after all the fighting he'd been through.

>>14901229
God rest his soul. Why does it seem like Crinn was the only one of his biological sons who really lived up to his legacy, in a way?

Dougram is full of heroes.
>>
>>14899132
Episode of 0079 in which Amuro meets his mom. It was Tomino criticizing pacifism as his mom would rather see her son be in danger than being dangerous. Amuro did absolutely nothing wrong, during war time you shoot first.

What strikes me about this episodes is that after this kind of clever episode followed bunch of nonsensical filler crap for several episodes, which really describes entire Gundam: whenever it does something cool it follows up with doing something retarded.
>>
>>14902361
>several episodes

It was 2 filler episodes Time be still and Cruz's island. Rest of it is the ramba ral arc for a few episodes.
>>
>>14899177
what is this even from?
>>
The scene where Jerid's second waifu gets killed so he goes apeshit trying to blow up the AEUG fleet but fails. Then he's out floating in space contemplating his loss.

Really gained some respect for Jerid in that episode.
>>
This
>>
When Uso sees Junko blown up right before his eyes, and then right after that he's forced to pull the trigger on Keilas Guilie's cannon and kill who knows how many dozens or hundreds of people
>>
File: JAGD MIRAGE.jpg (747KB, 2190x1499px) Image search: [Google]
JAGD MIRAGE.jpg
747KB, 2190x1499px
>>14903548
Not Jagd Mirage?
>>
>>14902997
SEED Destiny
>>
>>14901580
More guns is always the answer.
>>
>>14899132
The part on the start of the Getter Robo G manga where the original Getter Robo won against its upgrade G due to manly friendship>upgrade power
>>
File: Last_Shooting2[1].jpg (86KB, 917x457px) Image search: [Google]
Last_Shooting2[1].jpg
86KB, 917x457px
one of the most iconic scenes in anime imo
>>
>>14906172
That's Shin,
>manly friendship>upgrade power
It's skill.
>>
everything in getter armageddon
the 100 punches in shin mazinger
diebusters ending
everything in g gundam
zz gundam's ending
the first time that lamia transformed in betterman.
gundam x's ending.
>>
>>14899132
>I forgot how striking the third episode of zeta was and how it pretty much set the tone for the series.
What, like when a former OYW Fed vet claims the Teetons are worse than Zeon for taking hostages, despite shit like Revil and literally the entire One Week War?

I guess that set the tone for something, alright.

Yes, more important things happened that ep but Henken was so mindbogglingly retarded that they don't spring to mind.
>>
The final battle in Giant Robo where GR pushes the Eye of Folger while Daisaku gives chase in a car then climbs inside Giant Robo and smashes the Eye, is absolutely 10/10 perfection.
>>
>>14906443
>Diebuster's ending
And you don't mention Gunbuster's ending? Diebuster is just leeching off that.
>>
- Gate of Zedan, both version.
- サヨナラ________________
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez7D8c7dtDU
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.