[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original Toku Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Mook Slitface.png (2MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mook Slitface.png
2MB, 2000x1600px
Hey /m/, I'm in the process of making an original toku movie, with a story I've been developing for the past two years, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. I'm a longtime toku fan and been a regular here since Gaim started airing, and I'm ready to try my hand at making one myself. I'll be uploading the concept art with each post. This one is one of the mooks.
>>
>>14897476
Oh no the Takeover Twatters are invading the parking garage!
>>
File: Mook Harlequin.png (2MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mook Harlequin.png
2MB, 2000x1600px
>Synopsis 1/2

There are three main protagonists. They don't have names yet, so we'll call them T, P, and G (T and P are guys, G is female). They're are all good friends. P likes G, G likes T, and T is rather oblivious to it all/doesn't care.

The movie opens with them coming back from a night of hanging out. G leaves the group first, and shortly after, T and P are attacked by monsters. They hold their own for a bit, but the monsters overwhelm them soon enough. As they are losing, a man shows up and gives them the power to transform. They beat the monsters, who turn into gems. The man (hereafter known as their mentor) explains that these can be used to power them up by fusing them into their transformation device, and that he developed this system to fight the monsters. He picked T and P because they seem to have the strength and abilities to use it properly.

T is more gung-ho about this, with P being more hesitant. They fight together some, but T goes out on his own more. With T being gone so much, P is hanging out with G more, but she's more focused on T's absence. P decides to see if their mentor will let her fight with them too so he can spend more time with her. The mentor agrees, despite her lack of fighting skills, and they begin to fight as a trio.
>>
File: T.png (2MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
T.png
2MB, 2500x2000px
>>14897482
>Synopsis 2/2

After a battle, T can't untransform. He seems to have lost his mind, and attacks P, who is no longer transformed. G transforms so she can protect P, but kills T in the process, who turns into a gem. Confused and upset, they go to their mentor for answers. He reveals that the monsters were all human, the gems are their souls, and his plan is to combine all souls on earth to create God.

G, distraught over having just killed the man she loves, runs off. P goes to her place and finds a noose with a gem below it. Taking both T and G's gems, he goes to kill his former mentor, trying to do so without transforming, but eventually is forced to use their powers to enhance his own. The mentor (now villain) sends more monsters at P, who quickly and effortlessly defeats them in his newly powered up state. The villain steps in and transforms, proving to be more than a match for P. After a difficult battle, P kills the villain, who utters an "amen" with his final breath, knowing that his goal is much bigger than himself and will carry on without him, his sacrifice bringing his dream one step closer to completion.

P stands holding the man's gem, still transformed as the movie fades out.

THE END
>>
>>14897476
>>14897485
I'll be doing digital effects myself to augment the costumes, along with doing the audio and music for it (though there's a semi-famous band that's expressed interest in potentially contributing a song for the soundtrack). I figure audiences will much more readily accept a movie that looks bad and sounds great than one that looks amazing and sounds like shit, and my job involves working with audio, so that'll be easy to nail.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for the story? I'm going to be getting this up on Kickstarter soon (the entire budget from that going to the costumes). I've got most of the character designs ready (which I'm posting here), I'm just waiting for the final version of P, along with G and the villain's from the artist.
>>
File: P (not final).png (501KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
P (not final).png
501KB, 1200x800px
Here's the early version of P's costume. The final version is going to have the lighter color going all the way down the sleeves, along with a few other changes to make it creepier (any suggestions here would be welcome). The final form may or may not happen, depending on how much I can raise for this.
>>
I'd kinda like to commend you on your efforts, but fuck, I don't care, and most likely nobody else cares.

Take this wall of text somewhere else.
>>
>>14897565
This.

I love everything you've posted but chances are there are many places which will give far more useful advice than 4/m/.

Unless you're shilling, which is okay considering the circumstances.
>>
>>14897580
Eh, half asking for advice, half shilling. I do want to improve it any way I can, but I'm also trying to see if there'd be enough interest to even try kickstarting it.
>>
sounds kinda like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica with Pucci from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as the villain
>>
>>14897540
The designs are cool but what's with the weird pin things on the head of this one?
>>
Ive come to realize the the more people are willing to share the projects they're working on with people online the less likely they are to actually work on said project
>>
File: P Head (Not Final).png (583KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
P Head (Not Final).png
583KB, 2000x2000px
>>14900534
The head is inspired by the chatterer cenobite from Hellraiser, except the mouth area has been stretched up to the eyes as the "visor". The actual costume probably won't have stuff sticking out quite like that.

>>14900550
If I can raise the money I need on kickstarter, I'm for sure doing it, I've got a cast and crew that are just as passionate about it as I am. I've got a few more details to work out before I can put it up, but it should be coming soon.
>>
>>14900881
>kickstarter

because that's reassuring
>>
>>14900893
well, if it fails, at least nobody's out any money
>>
>>14897476
>>14900881
not memeing, but it looked like Jojo stand
>>
>>14899659
>>14902700
Well, I didn't do the designs myself, but I am a HUGE fan of JoJo, so I'll count that as a success.
>>
i'd watch this
>>
I've been working on a similar type of meme for about half a year now. One thing I've learned is that before you do anything relating to the finished product, make a "demo" so to speak. Just something to prove your concept, don't even do it for others, just make this for yourself. You'll work out alot of kinks and get most of your mistakes out of the way, so when you're ready to make your show for real, it's less of a shit and easier to make.

https://youtu.be/FLZaAs-Kub4
>>
File: IMG_3675.jpg (157KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3675.jpg
157KB, 750x1334px
>>14906464
Also, the suits look rad, but do you or anyone on your team have any idea how to make them? Like everything should be designed with the mindset of "Hey, it looks decent and it's cheap and easy to make".
>>
File: IMG_3676.jpg (293KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3676.jpg
293KB, 1080x1920px
>>14906468
I was originally using craft foam and bondo for my suits, but it takes way to fucking long and costs a decent bit of sheckle. In the end I switched to just using poster board, adhesive vinyl, and metallic paper and it's much cheaper and much easier. Like now I can shit out a new costume in a week. You're probably gonna have to work with a budget that's mostly out of pocket, so if you blow all your resources on costumes, you'll suffer in other areas.
>>
>>14902683

there's no guarantee we're not out of money if it succeeds
>>
>>14906468
>>14906478
I got in touch with someone online who does very high quality cosplay commissions. She'll be doing some of the work herself and outsourcing it to others. She originally quoted me at $2,500 per costume, but I doubted my ability to raise $15,000 on kickstarter, so we discussed it and got to just over $800 apiece, with more money going to them if I raise more than that.

I don't really need much other money for anything else production-wise. I'm shooting, editing, and doing the digital effects all myself, and I've got all the gear I need (aside from an LED light panel a friend is building). I'm also a musician, so I'm doing the score myself.
>>
>>14906464
Your thing looks pretty cool. I'm working on a bit of a demo for the kickstarter page. This video is a bit old, but it's the best display of my special effects work that I have online.

https://youtu.be/QJB34lbsZiE

Here's some of my music too, to give an idea of the kind of sound it might have.

https://soundcloud.com/saberlike/all-is-lost-the-oblivion-ritual-parts-i-vi
>>
>>14897603
Did you try posting in reddit?
>>
File: 1dlvk0.jpg (217KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
1dlvk0.jpg
217KB, 888x499px
>>14897476
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.