[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Getter Robo not getting more love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: G1.jpg (173KB, 1279x1843px) Image search: [Google]
G1.jpg
173KB, 1279x1843px
the most recent thing I can remember is that theres that Getter robo devolution manga but besides that I don't really feel that Getter is given the love it deserves.

Ken Ishikawa is dead, yes but Go Nagai is still around. I see all sorts of mazinger merchandise being produced and recently theres a new "mazinger" in some psvita game, I honestly do not like mazinger that much and really wished mr Go would do more with Getter.

In honesty, I just want to see more Getter Robo designs, I've seen all the related shows and read most of the manga series but I still feel empty. Is Go Nagai honoring Ken by letting Getter fade into obscurity and eventually die out completely? with exceptions to anniversary celebrations that every old series get.

where the fuck is my src Getter dragon???????? I don't care about Mazinger recolor hello kitty/steel jeeg src #553
>>
>>14894994
No one cares. Just let it die. We had enough useless spin-offs already.
>>
Getter Sunshine was okay
Getter Sunshine EVOL was "wtf is this shit"
I don't even want to talk about Getter Sunshine LOGOS
>>
>>14894994
Shut up Pablo, no one cares about your dead manga and its deader author.
>>
>>14894994
>I don't really feel that Getter is given the love it deserves.

But it doesn't deserve any. It's actually way too overrated.
>>
>>14895018
>>14895042
>>14895066
>Shit Gundambabbies say
>>
>>14895072
>Delusional Getterfag
>>
>>14895042
>Juan calling people Pablo
The ironing
>>
>>14894994
We will likely hear something soon, maybe even this month since it's the 10 year anniversary of Ken's death. Devolution is selling rather well if I remember correctly, and usually series get SOMETHING on anniversaries do either this year or the next 5 year interval of its initial release, 2019 will be it's 45th anniversary, so we will see something. Especially since it feels in the past few years we have been seeing a little revival trend of older IPs getting new series or movies.

The only thing that might hold it up is I remember hearing dynamic pro was being very slow in general lately in dealing with their IPs. Combine that with Uncle Go having no actual input in creating Getter it's hard for him to do anything with the franchise and likely wants to respect his protege and friends legacy.
>>
>>14895066
Yes spic, we are well aware of your opinion.
>>
>>14894994
Believe in the Getter and it will come.
>>
>>14894994
Getter Robot really is a pretty great franchise. It's unfortunate that some very vocal shitposters have decided to try and block all discussion of it here, for their personal amusement.

Nagai and Tomino productions are getting almost as much flak nowadays. If it gets bad, just start a topic on eternitychan. Shitposters won't go there because it's too small and out-of-the-way, you can't find it on the same page as /tv/, /a/, and /b/ and it has an actual invested moderator who can recognize /m/ bait.
>>
File: ryoma-nagare.jpg (143KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ryoma-nagare.jpg
143KB, 1280x1024px
>>14895090
>>14895066
>>14895072
>>14895042
>>14895018
>>14896824

Damn dinosaur shitposting empire
>>
>>14902151
What having an opinion has to do with dinosaurs?
>>
>>14902284
Exposed hard
>>
File: 1477300356716.png (129KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
1477300356716.png
129KB, 360x406px
>>14902151
>>
>>14895092
>Mario calling others Juan
Nice projecting
>>
>>14902151
Fuck off Pedro
>>
>>14902284
Not that guy, but when is this stupid
>Let's take something that clearly isn't an opinion, and call it an opinion to justify shit posting and go 'you can't handle opinions
shit going to stop?

No seriously.

How is
>Getterfag
an opinion?

how is
>Shit Gundambabbies say
an opinion?

How is
>Shut up Pablo
an opinion?

How is
>spic
an opinion?

There are two legit opinions in that stack >>14902151
quoted.

Why the fuck does /m/ keep trying to define grade school level insults as
>Lol, you can't handle opinions.
?

Isn't there some other defense for shit posting you guys can find that doesn't shit over the definition of opinion?
>>
>>14905778
There's a lot of spill over of /V/, /pol/, and /TV/ shitposters into other boards. My theory is they are mainly stupid children who are now old enough to venture from more popular board to niche boards. The decaying state of all boards is literally to a sort of new generation of posters on this site, essentially the 4chan equivalent of a millennial generation.
>>
>>14905778
>it's just my opinion stop being so sensitive
is the classic defense of blatant shitposters
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.