[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the chances of an anime/OVA starring this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

So what are the chances of an anime/OVA starring this thing?
>>
>>14891946
It uses Shin Mazinger's Tetsuya, no? In that case, not very much since it will have to be a sequel to Shin Mazinger, and if they sell it as a sequel, it will flop.

If they sell it as a reboot, it could work, but it's Tetsuya and people aren't interested in him.

Knowing DP, Mazin Emperor G is their way of satisfying fans who's been wanting a new Great for years. I doubt they'll do anything more and risk another flop.
>>
File: 413217.jpg (466KB, 1293x1876px) Image search: [Google]
413217.jpg
466KB, 1293x1876px
>>14891976
It's a shame Tetsuya isn't more popular in Japan, he's my favourite of the Mazinger protags. I'd still like to hold out hope on a OVA, even if it was just a 3 episode deal like SKL was.
>>
>>14892025
>It's a shame Tetsuya isn't more popular in Japan
People know him and gets called the "Pro", but only sarcastically after he fails hard.

In other words, he gets a lot of ridicule from fans. Not to mention he has serious daddy issues.

Shin Tetsuya is better than the OG though in all honesty.
>>
>>14892067
Bullshit, he's super popular

when shipped with kira

http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamerobo/1294488879/
http://hyakuninissyu.web.fc2.com/purokira.html
>>
>>14892067
His biggest fuckup was getting Kouji's dad killed by NOT following the fucking plan they had to beat the Mycean Empire. That's enough for people to remember him as the huge fuck up for all eternity.
>>
>>14891976
They could just use the design without making it related to Shin Mazinger.
>>
>>14892812
Sorry, I'm retarded and forgot half your post.
>>
>>14892812
Even if they discard Shin Tetsuya for some other guy, it will still be a hard sell.

The anime industry is unforgiving as fuck, and if you don't already have a sizeable audience, you're fucked.
>>
>>14892812
Then I would not give a fuck. Shin Mazinger is the only good Mazinger.
>>
>>14893840
only fags start this kind of shit and can't appreciate all mazinger works
>>
>>14893856
Not everyone can appreciate such mediocre shit as much as you can. Rewatching Mazinkaiser after Shin is a pain, the nice animation is the only thing going on for it.
>>
>>14894247
Last two or three episodes are fantastic.
>>
>>14893840
>>14894247
Fuck off Pablo
>>
>>14894266
It's fantastically bad. The God Ex-Machina of the Future conveniently shows up out of absolute nowhere so Mazinkaiser can pull a big long sword out of his ass to defeat Dr. Hell. You can't get any more lazier than that.
>>
>>14894461

It's not like he really NEEDED the sword.
>>
>>14894247
Yeah, Mazinkaiser really sucks, with its "focus on actual Mazinger Z characters", and of course its awful "robots moving without being interrupted by flashbacks and the narrator explaining what is happening"
>>
It might end up being related to Mazinger 2017.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Toei teases a new Mazinger series, then we get a new Mazinger toy and major focus in SRW.

Especially since SRW has been going down that road of pimping out recently airing and upcoming shows more and more with each game.
>>
>>14891946
IDK, but we got another FMP anime after Z3, so...
>>
>>14894495
He needed it and the writers took it right out of their asses.

>>14894514
The actual Mazinger Z characters are just not that interesting. They have nothing but one-note character traits and would never be able to carry a 26 episodes long show. They barely made it work for a 7 episode long OVA. The only way Imagawa could make Mazinger interesting was to reduce their roles significantly. Except for Baron Ashura, now there was a great underdeveloped character before Shin Mazinger, but Imagawa actually saw the potential he had and used it well.
>>
>>14894761
Yeah, the episode of Mazinkaiser where Baron Ashura infiltrated the base was my favourite.
>>
>>14894247
Shin mazin is actually pretty flawed if you think about it
>>
>>14894813
Sure. It's flawed and it's still the best Mazinger. Says a lot about the others in the franchise.
>>
>>14891946

Higher than Grendizer giga but I would hold out hope
>>
>>14894849
That's like saying G Reco is the best Gundam series. Shin is widely considered to be the worst Mazinger show in Japan and everywhere else. Original is a classic while Shin is not.
>>
>>14895104
Prove it, Mario
>>
>>14895121
Prove what, Pedro?

Shin Mazinger was so terrible for DP that it killed the company's profitability for the next 5 years.

This is what you get when you have Imagawa to direct. No wonder the guy barely gets any work these days.

on 2ch, Shin basically became the laughing stock of Mazingers.
>>
>>14895121
Also the show stopped having merchandise, since it was a complete failure. Meanwhile, Getter still gets shit made for its 1998 OVA series.

Go Nagai and co are doing everything they can to distance themselves from the series.
>>
>>14895104
>>14895125
It's a pity that it flopped, to be honest. It did have a few interesting choices. I liked how it went back to the basics and how they tried to portray Mazinger as an actual powerful robot instead of an updated model.
I think Imagawa he tried to do what he did with Giant Robo before, to incorporate other character from the creator's mythos and make them fight outside the robot as well, but it didn't work this time. It was poorly handed. Also they went out of hand with that Zeus crap. But that doesn't mean that Imagawa is useless or that everything he does is crap, Giant Robo is still amazing and the first chapters of Shin Getter Robo Armageddon were extraordinary.
I wish Mazinger would get more love. Mazinkaiser was great, but our good ol' Mazinga got treated like shit there. A well made, successful reboot of the robot would actually be very nice. But since Shin failed we'll have to wait a good amount of years until it happens.
>>
>>14895155
Giant Robo was shit too and flopped.
>>
Toei Mazinger is still the most successful and best Mazinger.

SRW should just ditch Shin and go back to the classics. It's pretty clear that no Japanese fan wants any new Mazinger.
>>
Let's just agree Nagai sucks ass, Imagawa sucks ass and Toeizinger is the only good Mazinger. It's the most popular so it might be true.
>>
File: download.jpg (34KB, 588x391px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
34KB, 588x391px
>>14895334
In addition, Tomino also sucks ass, as well Nagano.

Pic related: Only true kino director
>>
>>14895125
>>14895129
>>14895155
P R O O F S
>>
>>14895160
>Giant Robo
>Shit

I will fucking fight you and shove a rocket punch up your fucking ass.
>>
>>14895384
He sucks ass too bbqh fa m
>>
>>14895125

So why after so many years it's used in SRW in place of toeizinger? 2009-2017 still Shin Mazinger.
>>
>>14896857
The new voice actors. Toeizinger's cast is very old and mostly retired.
>>
>>14895173
Why does it matter which version they use? SRW takes huge liberties with Mazinger all the time, which is especially evident in what we've seen of V.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.