[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting into Gundam X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 121

File: mobile suit up.jpg (1MB, 3024x2144px) Image search: [Google]
mobile suit up.jpg
1MB, 3024x2144px
So after finishing Gundam 00 (had a thread about it) and having seen Build Fighters, both of which were nice somehow (I suppose), after ranting about the endless stream of Super_duper_wunderwaffen that seemed to not be too much present in Gundam 00 (and was really, considering how the ring laser cannon wasn't much of an important plot element), I've decided to watch (one of) the series where the titular Gundam is itself one of those wunderwaffe.

I've only seen a couple of episodes so far, but this so far so good, the characters aren't instantly cringey and the actual Gundam X looks pretty great (nothing like a badly received main gundam to ruin stuff). The setting has yet to be really seen, but I actually enjoy the take on the "world is destroyed, gundams are like mysterious weapons". I've always kinda frown upon gundams being everywhere and having tons of different types as I would much prefer them to be the rare but overwhelming type of suits (one thing I liked in Wing for instance).

I must say that I like this kind of old-school animation and "drawings" more than the more recent stuff of the 2000's. Numeric is nice and all but I doesn't click as well as the 90's style I think, for me at least (though fights in Build Fighters were really really nice).

Anyway, Gundam X thread I suppose, try to be nice with spoilers... What do you think of this show, yada yada yada, the usual...
>>
All you need to know as a first time viewer is that the show spends like the first third of its air time having the main crew fuck around in done-in-ones or two parters while the villains scheme in the back. Then there's this really obvious middle section where the show drags, and then the plot actually starts.

And then soon ends because the show got canceled because it just took too long to get going.

I enjoyed Gundam X, but the structure of its plot can definitely be off putting. It's also by far the most optimistic of all Gundam series, which is kinda funny considering the name and the setting would make you think it's gonna be some edgy shit.
>>
>>14891745
>I enjoyed Gundam X, but the structure of its plot can definitely be off putting. It's also by far the most optimistic of all Gundam series

You basically summed up my thoughts on the show as well.
I think it's the only show aside from maybe Build Fighters or ZZ that made me smile at the end and go "that was really nice".
0079 had me tearing up out of happiness, Zeta had me go "fuck...", CCA made me go "Woah", Victory had me crying etc., I could go on for every show, but Gundam X stands out for having the happiest, nicest ending.
>>
Gundam X is not an amazing show by any means, but it's very solid. It does a lot of stuff that no other Gundam series since has really attempted, and very specifically rails against the transhumanism aspect of UC Gundam that pretty much every Gundam show these days wholeheartedly embraces.

It also has really bad animation. Like, holy fucking shit, it's so bad that the titular Gundam X only ever correctly fires the Satellite Cannon once.
>>
>>14891745
>which is kinda funny considering the name
What's funny is that I immediately approached the name the same way than the X in X-wing for instance. To me it works and it isn't too tryhard edgy stuff because I buy that it's a design internally functional to the show (the wings/pannels happen to have an X shape because it's functional) that pushed the characters to logically name the suit/ship "X". Since the main gundam is the X model and that it seems to be (as of now) quite emblematic of the former war which is the entry plot point, they named the show after that.
It doesn't strike me as a "let's find a cool name for our show and make stuff related to that" but more of a "let's design stuff and name them in a sensible way and then let's name our series according to that".

Plus as I've said, the Gundam X looks great, I would even say that it's one of the best suit design I've seen, but it's probably because I'm partial to suits with a massive beam cannon... The suit istelf doesn't look edgy (much less than say the Exia for instance) or whatever so that's nice. I liked that they didn't depict the Satellite cannon like something that is "cool", it's clearly meant to be terrifying and people who witnessed it firing reacted like that, which I appreciated.
>>
>>14891712
Something you should keep in mind while you watch is that in the After War setting, humanity was brought to the brink of destruction. The Earth was a full on post-apocalyptic wasteland following the Seventh Space War. And then, over the course of a single generation, humanity banded together and bounced back faster than anyone could have possibly imagined.

The fact that the Earth was able to achieve this all on its own is the major motivation of one particularly important character. You won't be seeing him for a while, though.
>>
>>14891745
>It's also by far the most optimistic of all Gundam series

That's one of the things I love about it; it's so fucking positive.

I've always had a fondness for shows that are enjoyable, and make me feel good watching them.
>>
It's boring and had a shit ending
The space arc was rushed and awful
It was cancelled for a reason
>>
>>14891924
>It was cancelled for a reason
So was 0079. ;^)
>>
>>14892015
Both X and 0079 were probably improved by being canceled, honestly.

In X's case it's a shame we lost out on some new designs, but honestly I'd rather a show leave you wanting more than make you wish it would end.
>>
>>14892082
I agree, X getting cancelled probably worked out for the best.

It ended on a good note without feeling dragged out.
>>
>>14892082
>>14892099
The main issue with X's cancelment isn't even the episode cut, but the obvious budget cut. The final space battles have tons of stock footage for the Double X vs Frost Brothers scenes which is a shame.
>>
>>14891712
NIESHAN HMMM
>>
>>14892582
>>14891712
So we've seen the Frost brothers whom I assume will be recurring opponents. I said that I liked the Gundam X quite a lot, but I suppose that so far that's really the only one I can say that much about. They do look quite similar-ish to Wing, we already had a pseudo-heavyarms and a generic plane-convertible ms, the gundam of the oldest frost really looks just like a mix of the Epyon and the Shenlong, while the youngest looks sorta like an overweight Tallgeese witha a crab motif. All of them looks quite goofy imho and the grunt units aren't that much better which is sad somehow as I really like the Leo as a grunt unit, it looked generically good, those in X... not so much.

I didn't knew what to think of the captain but I think he is growing to be a nice mentor figure. Garrod isn't exactly the likeablest person of a Gundam show, but I like how they portrait him as basically the tricky wild child, which makes perfect sense in the universe. Tiffa has yet to really do much more than in the beginning, though it's certainly understandable that whacky telepathic abilities aren't the best thing to have when you want to pass as a normal person, I guess this characterization isn't too bad even if it left her without much to do. Secondary cast is a bit underdeveloped as of now (except maybe the two other gundam pilots) but well, I'm only at the beginning.

It certainly isn't overwhelming or a breakthrough of a series, but it's quite enjoyable and that's more than enough really!
>>
>>
>>14891745

G and Turn-A are at least as positive, even in their endings. 00 has a pretty positive finale too.
>>
>>14894381
00's is hamfisted as fuck.
>>
>>14894406

So? That doesn't make it not positive, which was the only criteria provided. Besides which, X isn't exactly subtle either, with all of DOME's talk about newtypes and the future, along with a big beam battle finale. Being heavy handed isn't synonymous with being bad.
>>
>>14894406

>Complaining about things being handfisted in an anime.
>>
File: 1477960993739.jpg (4MB, 4066x3235px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993739.jpg
4MB, 4066x3235px
>>
>>14891745
>but the structure of its plot can definitely be off putting.

I actually found it really appealing. Despite being cancelled early the show actually has decent pacing. It didn't really feel all that rushed, even at the end.
>>
>>14894442
I assume he meant forced in rather than in your face, which I'd agree with. I mean I enjoyed the ending don't get me wrong, but having such a positive ending for a show where the main aim of the GOOD guys is to become Hobbes Leviathan is... A little bit of an ass pull to say the least.
>>
>>14894381
G doesn't feature Master Asia surviving the final struggle, realizing his life has gone astray, and deciding to do something else with his life.

Turn A is very positive too, but a large part of its story is how it's inevitable that the cycle will repeat so it's kinda bittersweet. There's also how some character just get screwed over at the end.

And I can't believe you'd even compare 00 to X. Pretty much any series that goes "Newtypes (or our knockoff Newtypes) are the key to peace" is just fundamentally a different kind of story from X.
>>
>>14895211

A large part of Turn-A's story is about breaking the cycle. I've no idea how you can even come to the conclusion that the cycle is inevitable after watching it. And the only bittersweet element or screwed over person in the finale of the ending is for Sochie. Even one of the two major villains, Guin, lives and starts a fresh. He even becomes a ward of another villain, Merrybell. The only villain to die is Gym, and the only hero, Corin. Even people like Poe get a good end. It's like saying X isn't positive because Bloodman and the other leader die in the finale or something.

While Master Asia (and Kyoji) does die in G, he is never a nefarious villain, is always supportive and had a good agenda the whole time. He's not even in the finale or the run up to it though. The major villains there are Ulube and Rain. And even then, Ulube is more a footnote and Rain not really a villain. It's more the Devil Gundam itself. All of which is ended by the power of love, Rain lives on with Domon and the supporting cast all move on. It's a supremely positive finale to an overall positive show.

Also, the point wasn't about shows that are similar to X in message about newtypes - it was about ones with a positive end. So disqualifying 00 because of what it says about newtype analogues is pretty pointless.
>>
I hope someone eventually picks up Under the Moonlight and finishes translating that. I liked what I read of it so far.
>>
>Enil will never be loved
>>
>>14896849
I'm at episode 9 now... It's nice and all to be manipulative and sneaky, but it's not a great way to be loved.
Don't know if she'll have more character development but she certainly feels like a strange one.
>>
File: 1399604262373.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399604262373.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>14891745
>there's this really obvious middle section where the show drags, and then the plot actually starts.
I want to love Gundam X, but the middle part really kills it for me. There's so much they could have done with it but all too much gets wasted on shit villains like the Frost brothers or that SRA guy - the worst part of this is the places these villains inhabit are really interesting too.
>>
File: 1477960993714.jpg (2MB, 5000x3151px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993714.jpg
2MB, 5000x3151px
>>
File: vertigo.jpg (815KB, 1115x1723px) Image search: [Google]
vertigo.jpg
815KB, 1115x1723px
>>14891712
Damn nice suit if you ask me.

The Gundam X certainly didn't last long (like 10 episodes) but I assume spamming the satellite beam at each battle was getting old really quickly, I like the multi-use shield of the new Gundam, there's nothing I know that really compares to it that I can remember and it's a cool idea. The two brothers really fail at feeling like serious enemies, though their siblingery is nice (having the big bro taking taking a possibly deady hit for the little bro was cool as it's usually the heroes job to do so).
>>
File: 1477960993705.jpg (592KB, 1536x2098px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993705.jpg
592KB, 1536x2098px
>>
>>14891712
Bump
>>
File: 1477960993727.jpg (56KB, 450x362px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993727.jpg
56KB, 450x362px
>>
>>14897004
You'll see she's basically FemGarrod, except didn't meet her soulmate and a crew of basically nice people keeping her faith in mankind alive
>>
File: 1477960993750.jpg (38KB, 444x598px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993750.jpg
38KB, 444x598px
i like her so much
>>
>>14896763
>A large part of Turn-A's story is about breaking the cycle. I've no idea how you can even come to the conclusion that the cycle is inevitable after watching it.
Probably people memeing after Tomino claimed G-Reco came after it.

Sure felt like a slap in the face for Turn A. 'Hey let's Earth and the Moon get along and keep in touch' turns into 'hey let's manipulate those dumb Earth fucks with a shitty battery religion'.
>>
File: 1477960993758.jpg (141KB, 782x636px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993758.jpg
141KB, 782x636px
>>
>>14891924
Thank you. Came here to say this. One of the worst in the franchise.
Can't understand how people think it's underrated.
>>
>>14902828
It's not as popular as the other series so the /m/ contrarians hop on it
>>
>>14902828
>>14902844

The arc structure, the way most battles flow (with a gimmick that needs to be trumped) and the lack of connection between the protagonist and the overall plot are pretty different from other Gundam shows, so it's easy to see why there'd be divisive opinions.

I really enjoy it though, but it shouldn't be hard to see something different would create split opinions.
>>
>>14902059

Also she has nice titties and hair.
>>
It looks like shit.

I don't mean visual direction or anything, I mean the picture has clearly suffered in dvd transfers.
>>
>>14896763
>A large part of Turn-A's story is about breaking the cycle. I've no idea how you can even come to the conclusion that the cycle is inevitable after watching it.
Not him but it's because cycles can't be broken, only delayed. The reason Fallout used the quote of "War...war never changes" is about how humans will always fight over the same stupid shit as long as there are limited resources, or we look/sound different, or we have different ideas.
>>
Gundam X is extremely enjoyable. Only autistic people prefer the battle heavy Gundams to this where the characters and world are built much better than 99% of AU series. In fact after Turn A they really stopped bothering at all with anything but cliche heroes and stock villains
>>
>>14903690

The cycle that Turn-A is mostly concerned with is Gundam itself and within the show it's more explicitly about the dark history, technology destroying civilization and the Moonlight Butterfly and Gundams fighting each other with the world as collateral damage. That cycle will never happen again. War will, but the show never suggests there'll never be another conflict - and even if you want to get morose about it, the same is true of X and war will inevitably happen again despite what happened near the Moon with Garrod and the Frost Brothers.
>>
>>14896849

>Japanese fans would rather defile the innocent Tiffa than fuck Ennil because she's too woman for spineless nips to handle.
>>
>>
File: 1477960993759.jpg (187KB, 602x816px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993759.jpg
187KB, 602x816px
>>
>>14891712
So I'm roughly at half of the show, so far we had
>apathetic girl newtype
>suicidal tendencies kid newtype
>broken CSI:Miami newtype
>misanthropic dolphin newtype
>sunken deathwish princess newtype

Boy it sucks to be a newtype in this series...! I kinda hope I'll see some sort of bigger overarching plot, even though the small 3-4 episodes arcs are ok-ish and at least you aren't too bored, something a little larger would probably be nice. The brothers do seem to have a longer endgame and there's hint of a revival of the Federation, but not much about it either.

One thing that is a bit of a bummer is that secondary characters aren't really developped. Beyond Garrod, Tiffa and Jamil, all the others don't have much time to do anything methinks, the doc and the mechanic maybe, but even the two other gundam pilots are really relegated to utilitarian purposes, you don't really get why they are here except the crew of the Freeden is sorta nice (?). Beyond the three main characters, everybody is just a follower, it's kind of a bummer I suppose.
>>
File: e95a187c.png (173KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
e95a187c.png
173KB, 600x451px
A semi-official artwork by one of the GX staff depicting the couple X years later.
>>
>>14905379

Regarding Witz and Roybea, there was that episode showing their private lives. Witz worked to get money for his family, but isn't really comfortable settling there, clearly by now being better with the Freeden's crew.

Roybea's reasons are more superficial though, but that does come up eventually.
>>
>>14905529
I'll take dropped plots for 500 Alex

Seriously though, Witz is lost plot pontential the character and Roybea is Someone Love Me the douche. 2 guesses if you haven't finished the series who he ends up with
>>
>>
>>14905956
best couple
>>
>>14899761
Wait, are you talking about the Divider? It's still the same gundam, dude. The cannon just got blowed up.
>>
File: 1478123704933.jpg (220KB, 700x713px) Image search: [Google]
1478123704933.jpg
220KB, 700x713px
>>
>>14905513

I like how Garrod is still rocking a jacket.
>>
>>14906761
Yes of course it's essentially the same suit, but the Satellite Cannon was still like the main piece of equipment of the original X, it doesn't perform the same without it to the point that in effect it's almost a different gundam. The harmonica gun / divider shield is more original and more engaging than the mega laser anyway, since most fights with the original X tended to turn around its use, which got boring quite quickly.
>>
>>14905513
>Dat older Tiffa

Muh dick.
>>
File: 1477960993737.jpg (431KB, 1280x884px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993737.jpg
431KB, 1280x884px
>>
File: 1457028543706.png (527KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457028543706.png
527KB, 800x500px
>>14905513
>MILF Tiffa
>>
File: 1477960993725.jpg (82KB, 644x952px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993725.jpg
82KB, 644x952px
>>14905513
>>14908266
>>14908894
>>
File: 1477960993717.jpg (2MB, 2208x2436px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993717.jpg
2MB, 2208x2436px
>>
>>14902071
i like it
>>
>>14891712
Well well, only two episodes (20-21) but so much stuff. Ennil trying to renounce being consumed by her roguish life and revenge was really nice, it was cool to see the blonde girl of the Freeden (can't even remember her name...) being friendly and all. Now just as with Roybea and Witz, it's a shame that the two ladies of the Freeden aren't really developped as well. Sure they have some quirks but it's really not that much, they aren't even named that often (I think the pink-robe girl is Sara but the blonde one...). Ennil is slightly going more and more interesting which is nice.
And then, so much in one episode, the new federation being an open thing, announcement of a new Gundam X, them being pretty much set up as a new big antagonist (just what I was asking for really), potentially new grunt suits (not really remarkable though), and then the brothers going sneaky breeki once more, it's really hard to get what those two are after, but it doesn't make them too random either as you can sense that there is something out of all this (even if there isn't in the end, maybe). They are certainly nice antagonists imho, even if they're gundam are sorta fugly.

Series is taking a pretty nice non-so-much-turn.
>>
File: tiffa-adill-1.jpg (69KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
tiffa-adill-1.jpg
69KB, 500x689px
>>
File: e37f0cee.jpg (77KB, 850x1049px) Image search: [Google]
e37f0cee.jpg
77KB, 850x1049px
>>
File: ef675bd9.jpg (66KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
ef675bd9.jpg
66KB, 500x600px
>>
>>
File: freedom.jpg (267KB, 548x763px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
267KB, 548x763px
So is the Freedom an elaborated rehash (but a rehash nonetheless) of the Double X ?
>>
File: 33838800_p0.jpg (200KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
33838800_p0.jpg
200KB, 1133x1600px
>>
File: 23767471_p0.jpg (102KB, 550x476px) Image search: [Google]
23767471_p0.jpg
102KB, 550x476px
>>
File: 20060907204602.jpg (139KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
20060907204602.jpg
139KB, 567x800px
>>
File: enil.gif (18KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
enil.gif
18KB, 400x600px
>>
File: tumblr_o32k8gv6Zz1qk6v3ao1_1280.jpg (557KB, 1191x1748px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o32k8gv6Zz1qk6v3ao1_1280.jpg
557KB, 1191x1748px
>>
I never watched ZZ, X or 00 (or Seed and Age for that matter) should I try them? Besides some ovas that's all there is...

The fuck did I do with my life

Are there no good mecha anime anymore
>>
File: 51979983_p0.jpg (475KB, 1056x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51979983_p0.jpg
475KB, 1056x1200px
>>
File: 50146908_p0.jpg (179KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
50146908_p0.jpg
179KB, 735x980px
>>
File: 55068504_p0.jpg (175KB, 857x979px) Image search: [Google]
55068504_p0.jpg
175KB, 857x979px
>>
File: 45748861_p9.jpg (94KB, 703x482px) Image search: [Google]
45748861_p9.jpg
94KB, 703x482px
>>
File: B5JaM8mCUAEZQvK.png (251KB, 537x768px) Image search: [Google]
B5JaM8mCUAEZQvK.png
251KB, 537x768px
>>
File: 15325092_p0.jpg (190KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
15325092_p0.jpg
190KB, 393x500px
>>
File: 23101558_p0.jpg (105KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
23101558_p0.jpg
105KB, 1200x1650px
>>
>>14912581
Well, which gundam series did you watched and which one did you liked (as a reference) ?
I've seen 00, Seed and (unfortunately) Destiny, yet watching X atm I would say it's better than those three so far.

00 is somehow close to Wing at first, though the pacing is strange, the peace princess is terrible and the hero as... strange obsessions. It's much less about suicidal characters though.

Seed is somehow an attempt at a remake of the original series, but not a messy budget means overall terrible chara design and reused combat animations everywhere, at least the suits are pretty nice. The first 2/3 or pretty nice and the end is... less nice, also Gary Stu/Mary Sueism in full force.

Can't say much about ZZ, but apparently it's a clear departure from Z and the original series. Age is commonly despised, apparently for a reason.

Watch 08th MS Team if you haven't.
>>
File: Gundam_X11_Ennil_El_7wa4.jpg (224KB, 640x860px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_X11_Ennil_El_7wa4.jpg
224KB, 640x860px
>>
>>14911800
delete this
>>
File: 1477584820108.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477584820108.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>14911800
>>
>>14913201
best girl
>>
File: 667a928f.jpg (37KB, 441x808px) Image search: [Google]
667a928f.jpg
37KB, 441x808px
>>
I had a great time watching the LD and DVD fansubs from like 10 years ago

just one thing, are the R1 sets good, like technically and also the subtitle quality? Like, anyone here who has them, cause those ANN reviews are worthless.
>>
>>14914588
wait, I'm stupid
>>
>>14914588

There isn't. There's a Gundam X anime, which has its own manga set after the anime called Under the Moonlight - but Gundam X is separate from Crossbone Gundam, which is manga only, at least for the last 20 odd years. Sunrise have said they're looking at animating older works and Crossbone is probably the most popular manga work, so it wouldn't be surprising if they picked that, especially with all recent animations getting a rather like warm response at best, but I wouldn't be holding my breath at the same time.
>>
>>14902828
>One of the worst in the franchise.
what a waste of dubs on a sub human
>>
>>14914573
From what I heard, they're supposedly adequate aside from an odd complaint about the brothers saying "aesthetics".
>>
File: 6385d60d.jpg (47KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
6385d60d.jpg
47KB, 700x700px
>>
>>14914717
thx for the reply, opinions are hard to come by on these sets, it's like no one bought them or something
>>
File: 0d51027b.jpg (47KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
0d51027b.jpg
47KB, 500x699px
I like her
>>
>>14914573
The RightStuf subtitles are largely fine.
>>
Needed a compilation movie or something, goddamn the animation was so especially bad for some reason.

That aside, it's flawed as hell but frankly I love it anyway.
>>
File: 14784601595143.jpg (78KB, 1000x981px) Image search: [Google]
14784601595143.jpg
78KB, 1000x981px
>>
>>14915277
At that point in time, Gundam was running like Super Sentai; consecutively airing one episode every week with no breaks since Victory. Something had to be affected sooner or later.
>>
>>14915277
The animation quality and amount of stock footage suggests the staff had budget problems even early on.
>>
>>14899761
HGAW WHEN
>>
>>14915791
After we get a Leopard first.
>>
>>14915794
Do them both!
>>
>>14915775
Animation could certainly be better, but I didn't think that there wasn't that much use of stock footage, at least in combats, it's less egregious than in Wing and Seed for instance.

Yeah one stupid thing is the stock of Garrod sticking the G-unit to start the Gundam X, but the stock footage is him having a pretty merry face, but many times in the series, he enters the Gundam with a serious face for a serious situation, plug the controller with a merry face, then back to serious fighting...

Not so terrible as Wing for sure.
>>
>>14915820

Maybe he's bipolar.
>>
File: 1477960993744.jpg (909KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993744.jpg
909KB, 1400x1050px
>>
File: 147843646806578.jpg (136KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806578.jpg
136KB, 650x500px
>>
>>14915985
>Maybe he's bipolar.
I wasn't talking of Wing's cast though... But then considering this is a post-apo setting, it wouldn't be the worse explanation.
>>
File: 1477960993761.jpg (286KB, 1068x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993761.jpg
286KB, 1068x1500px
>>
File: 147843646806581.jpg (140KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806581.jpg
140KB, 650x500px
>>
>>14918038
Tiffa a cute
>>
File: 1477960993751.jpg (33KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993751.jpg
33KB, 225x350px
>>
Whenever I see the word "cis" I think of Pala because of her last name.
>>
File: 1477960993699.jpg (491KB, 1236x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993699.jpg
491KB, 1236x1600px
>>
File: 8787.jpg (242KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8787.jpg
242KB, 1600x1200px
>>14902533
>>
>>14891712
So I'm at the "MS of the week" part. I really don't get what the Frost Brothers are after, they looked to be decided to kill Garrod and his ilk, but now, they seem to be just happy to throw random MS and their crazy pilots at them just for the lulz, kinda weird.

A shame that the new prototype MS pretty much have one appearance and... that's it, done, there's not enough of it for the viewer to care, either about the suit design or the new crazy pilot. And then it's yet again a matter of "why wouldn't you just swarm him/them!?". The reversal of mood of the brothers is a bit off putting.

I liked the thing with Roybea deciding that too much bs politics was enough for him, with Witz getting all emotional with the war, that's the characterization I was waiting for those two so it's good to have it. Similarly I like that Garrod is finally getting a bit more serious.

Then the sorta pointless war is a bit trivial, all of them are really "why should I care"-level. Sure it's bad and they are getting the flak for being in the middle of it, but you can't say that they are very smart about it either. Prince is a poor boy in a middle of something too big for him, but I fail to have a lot of empathy for someone who pass at hte chance to do anything at all. General is so rigid that it doesn't make him relatable, sorry for you mr Deathwish.

All in all the plot is a little bit weaker than with all of the Double X plot, but the characters grow nicely so there's that at least.
>>
>>14920769
The Frost Brothers' motivation in general and for sending out their crazy pilots own and when you figure it out/it gets revealed you're gonna go "hahaha sickkkk"
>>
>>14920848
Well they always seem very driven, it's not really their style to look at a fight against the heroes team imho, it feels kinda out of character, but it's not that terrible either.
But they are certainly nice antagonists, as much as Alternate Universes goes anyway (I will probably like Treize/Zechs better but it might be because deep down I'm a wingaboo).

Hidden agendas is something I've found bothersome in 00, it's not up to the same level with these two brothers, but it's the same sort of feeling, like it's not something needed for them to be interesting. I like opponents with open goals. Now it also allows the whole sneaky breeki thing which is very nice and that I like a lot, so it goes both ways in fact.
>>
>>14920848

Can't say as I agree with that. I don't really remember my reaction since I watched it more than a decade ago at this point I think, but I never found their motivation particularly compelling or entertaining. They're underwhelming and fairly boring villains all round in my opinion. As well as a large part of why I think X is a mediocre show, though it certainly has some good points. I get that they were thematically tied to the show - I just don't care, because I don't find them intriguing before or after the reveal.
>>
File: 1477960993723.jpg (107KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993723.jpg
107KB, 500x420px
>>
File: 1477960993754.jpg (210KB, 800x661px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993754.jpg
210KB, 800x661px
>>
File: Guntank Double X.jpg (159KB, 353x470px) Image search: [Google]
Guntank Double X.jpg
159KB, 353x470px
>>
File: doublexboxhuegbeam.png (342KB, 638x469px) Image search: [Google]
doublexboxhuegbeam.png
342KB, 638x469px
One thing I quite like with this show and that is both exemplified with the GX and the Double X is how firing the Satellite Cannon is a big deal - this especially in comparison to Wing for instance and maybe to a lesser degree 00.

In Wing, maybe with the exception of the first Colony kill done by the Wing Zero, said gundam and even the Wing Gundam were firing their buster rifles quite liberally, up to the point where it was quite the casual thing to do. And considering that the Wing Zero was suppose to be almost the almighty suit, it kinda hurted it in the end. The double buster rifles are first demonstrated to be immensely powerful weapons, but then, everyone who is in command uses them like a typical but powerful laser rifle. In 00, the mega weapon of the eponymous gundam (this sort of mega beam sabre) is used always in some sort of heroic fashion, saving the day and all, always in a positive light.

In stark contrast, I really like(d) how they use the satellite cannon in X, showing that it IS an immensely powerful weapon and that's why you shouldn't use it casually. The very first time it's used, it isn't shown exactly as a good thing. Later on, they only use the micro-wave itself which is a nice way to use the tech without directly using the cannon. In the first scene when the Double X fires his guns, there is clearly an hesitation from Garrod and this was nice to see, nice to see that it's shown that there is a third option aside of "firing at the enemies" / "not firing".
Of course this comes in the show were you also have this newtype evolution being questionned which after having seen 00, is good to have.

I like how they treat their titular mega-weapon and it certainly felt like a needed change compared to other series, don't know how Turn A did this since I havent seen it though.
>>
>>14922438
Turn A did a great job showing the threat that the big guns held, hell there's an arc in the series where characters are freaking out about nuclear warheads, and that's a while before the Moonlight Butterfly comes in.
>>
>>14922462

Yea, the Moonlight Butterfly is only really introduced in episode 44. Before that the whole show spends time building up that the Turn-A itself is mysterious and maybe kind of a bad thing. Even when the Moonlight Butterfly is introduced though you still gets scenes showing that it's not necessarily a good thing, like Merrybell testing it out by destroying a village and blanketing a mountain range in it's effects while Corin watches from a distance and comments that the ionised smell is familiar.
>>
I love Tiffa
>>
>>14920848
>>14922438
So I guess the Frost brothers are outed as newtype-killers now? Frankly, considering the world they live in, it's hardly a difficult position to understand.

On another note one thing that is slightly disappointing with the Double X is that besides the satellite cannon, it's quite generic, there's nothing really specific about this suit, but I guess it's somehow true for most of the protag 2nd series suit.
>>
>>14923445
Oh and Ennil is back with a new suit (and a vengeance), that's cool, starting with Sains Island, she's indeed starting to be cool and likeable.
I expect her to be some sort of anti-hero ally to the heroes at the end but well.
>>
>>14923445

Do you want each suit to have multiple gimmicks or something?
>>
File: 1477960993700.jpg (336KB, 1600x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993700.jpg
336KB, 1600x1043px
>>
>>14923445
GX and DX are basically glorified transport systems for the Satellite Cannon with self-defense abilities.

Given the (relatively) realistic\practical approach of the show to MS, it wouldn't make any sense for them to be anything more: they were never build with the idea of them fighting much.
>>
>>14923525
Mmm, yeah, I'd like one of those.
>>
>>14923445
>>14923527
The DX had a bunch of unique weapons planned, like a hyper hammer and a dual sides beam blade, but it was dropped alongside the Earth resistance arc due to the episode (and budget) cut.
>>
>>14923542
it's still "in character": as they lost the ability to use G-Bits, they had to amp-up the self-defense capabilities of the MS
>>
>>14923469
>>14923527
Nah one gimmick is enough, but as I explained before, the satellite cannon is nicely handled yet without it used the Double X is just an all-around high performance suit. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but I guess that why I liked the GX Divider perhaps a bit more, that multi-use shield was really nice and it wasn't all or nothing. I'm just confused about whether I like or not really...

But then, when you look at some main suits of the same era, Wing Zero, the Freedom and the Destiny don't have much of a strong gimmick, they are just super jack of all trades. At least the Double X is shown to be less "ultimate" but for the mega cannon, which isn't really a practical weapon anyway.
>>
File: 1477960993753.jpg (112KB, 653x354px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993753.jpg
112KB, 653x354px
>>
File: 1477960993712.jpg (3MB, 2528x2128px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993712.jpg
3MB, 2528x2128px
>>
>>14923525
awesome
>>
>>14891712
>a non-newtype MC
I kike it
>>
File: 1477960993719.jpg (1MB, 1440x2196px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993719.jpg
1MB, 1440x2196px
>>
Gundam X was one of the first anime shows I saw back in 2000 and was the first show I bought. It was a set of fansubbed VCD's I got from the guy working at the same pizzeria as me and before anyone goes after me for paying for fansubs, this was before I learned about the "if you paid, you were ripped off" mantra of fansubs. It wasn't much, just enough to cover the CD-R's and a little extra for his "trouble." I loved the series, and still do. It was from that series that I was making my first purchases of 1/100 Gunpla and while it was cancelled, I think it did better in 39 episodes than some of the Gundam series did with 52 or 104+. I loved the mechs, but I really loved the relationship between Garroad & Tiffa.

In the end, I think it's a worthwhile series that may be overlooked by some but it's a "hidden gem" for me. In fact, I'm getting back into watching it as I had gotten a version that had better looking subtitles then the one I still have on VCD.
>>
File: 1477960993711.jpg (218KB, 985x628px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993711.jpg
218KB, 985x628px
>>
File: 174275238.jpg (119KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
174275238.jpg
119KB, 1024x683px
>>
Did you know?
The 'X' in Gundam X stands for Xabungle, because the show was intended as a Gundamized version of the hit 80s cartoon.
>>
>>14927443
That's bullshit but I believe it since both are my favorite shows.
>>
File: 1477960993760.jpg (77KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993760.jpg
77KB, 400x399px
>>
>>14891712
So I'm finally on the last straight line. The coming to the space for the last arc is still there I see, now it almost makes me wish for a Gundam series that spends 3/4 in space and the last quarter on Earth...

There's definitely a feeling of rush, but I guess it also has to do with me knowing that the series was shortened, it isn't that egregious when you're looking at it.

The reveal of the survival of some colonies isn't exactly that big of a surprise, so I guess we'll have a threeway battle once more between the heroes, the Earth Fed and the Colonials?

Garrod getting up to space fights real quick was one of the part where it felt like it wasnt suppose to be THAT quick, but he is shown to be quite good at taking things fast, so it's not that much of an issue. We have yet again some sort of docking plane for the main suit, I'm trying to remember which series didn't go with that... (Wing for a start).

The new ace and Colonial head of state are introduced quite quickly as well, but it's ok nonetheless, it's good to see that they aren't portrayed directly as clear villains, not more and perhaps even less so than the Fed.

When I started to watch the ep31, I suddenly realized there was less than 10 episodes remaining, quite strange.

Also, the brothers are yet again quite fun as the telepathic weasels, I really like the sneaky villain type and I think that this brotherly duo works nicely, I like the chemistry between the two. It's also nice to have a duo that is quite on the equal side for the antagonists, sure the older brothers is the face of the two, but it's not like he feels like he's in command of his brother.

So, I suppose I can expect one last wunderwaffe, revenge duel with Jamil and Lancelow, wonder how they'll go for the fight against the brothers though...
>>
>>14927833

X and 00 are probably the only two with planes hanging of them to help them power up. Also, while Turn-A isn't 3/4s in space to 1/4 on Earth, the final stuff (along with most of the rest is on Earth). They only go to space for about 12 or 15 episodes in total, from around 30 something to 46 out of 50. G-Reco goes Earth > Space > Earth again with about half the show in space too if I recall. I don't think there's any that start in space and finish on Earth in the quantities you describe though.
>>
>>14927868
>X and 00 are probably the only two with planes hanging of them to help them power up.
MKII and the Defenser too apparently (not really main suit I'll give you that), I'd count the meteor unit in SEED as well.
Also, since in Wing, the main suit is already a transformable plane, it would certainly have been redundant.
>>
>>14927886

The Meteor unit isn't really a plane though. It's more a mobile armor attachment. Which 00 already has am equivalent if as well, though buggered if I can remember their names. I'd forgotten the MkII though.
>>
File: 147843646806575.jpg (117KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806575.jpg
117KB, 650x500px
>>
>>14929047
She is sexy and savvy with flawless skin and bags of attitude.
>>
File: 147843646806585.jpg (203KB, 640x1540px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806585.jpg
203KB, 640x1540px
>>
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/13/501854717/closest-supermoon-since-1948-arrives-monday-tips-on-seeing-and-photographing-it

Does this mean that Garrod can power up the Gundam X/GX faster?
>>
File: 1477960993710.jpg (416KB, 660x844px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993710.jpg
416KB, 660x844px
>>
File: Gundam Vashtaron3.jpg (59KB, 525x370px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Vashtaron3.jpg
59KB, 525x370px
>>14932367
I'd really like to see this thing in a SRW someday. It's like a perfect RPG boss.
>>
>>14906938

One of them is a spunky Jewish teen lusted over by the psychic leader of a reformed dictatorship with floofy hair. The other is a generic 90s shonen protagonist lusted over by an autistic psychic girl and a redhead female merc with a supermodel's body. Now, they have to live togther.

Watch their adventures this Fall on Fox!
>>
>>14891712
I'm about to finish this series with the big full moon shining in the sky, how appropriate is this!

Anyway, ending really feel rushed, but it's not that bad either. It's just that everything's happening so fast.
>>
File: 1477960993756.jpg (625KB, 1870x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993756.jpg
625KB, 1870x1347px
>>
File: 1477960993738.jpg (8KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993738.jpg
8KB, 252x200px
>>
>>14932367
cute
>>
File: 1475187118322.jpg (319KB, 1280x1681px) Image search: [Google]
1475187118322.jpg
319KB, 1280x1681px
>>
File: 1475187118374.jpg (205KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475187118374.jpg
205KB, 836x1200px
>>
File: 1479066430219.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479066430219.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>
>>14932387
I think it can be difficult to see
>>
File: 1475187114555.jpg (175KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114555.jpg
175KB, 836x1200px
>>
File: 147843646807746.jpg (118KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807746.jpg
118KB, 600x390px
>>
>>14938714
MUH Tiffa
>>
If I wasn't aware that the show was cut shot, and was just told it was a 39 ep series, I wouldn't like it as much as I do aware of that knowledge.

I'd probably like the series less if it had been a full fifty episodes too.

It's still one of my favorites, if only because it was just so solid a show and comfy, but the designs were pretty bland.
>>
File: 1475187114531.jpg (156KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114531.jpg
156KB, 836x1200px
>>
File: 147843646807745.jpg (209KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807745.jpg
209KB, 600x540px
>>
File: 1475187114489.jpg (382KB, 1280x1819px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114489.jpg
382KB, 1280x1819px
>>
>>14931266
90s and 80s had top-class fanservice
>>
>>14941186

I'd really have liked to see the Double X's extra weapons animated. They add some nice originality to its fighting style. I can see why they didn't include them after the episode cut, considering how the final few episodes have quite a bit of battle stock footage, something that wasn't common in the earlier episodes.
>>
File: 147843646806580.jpg (155KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806580.jpg
155KB, 650x500px
>>
File: 1479092337780.jpg (26KB, 372x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479092337780.jpg
26KB, 372x320px
>>14944205
>90s and 80s had top-class fanservice
yep
>>
>>14931266

>Ywn be able to have anal sex with Ennil while fondling her big boobs.
>>
File: 1479087965575 copiar.jpg (160KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1479087965575 copiar.jpg
160KB, 494x494px
>>
>>14921341
Tiffa is like female Shinji
>>
File: 176478995.png (79KB, 588x228px) Image search: [Google]
176478995.png
79KB, 588x228px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_7NKEDO9o
>>
File: 1475187114540.jpg (260KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114540.jpg
260KB, 836x1200px
>>
>>14945318
yep
>>
File: 1475187114527.jpg (137KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114527.jpg
137KB, 836x1200px
>>
>>14944835
Happiness is when your freedom fills you!
>>
>>14945211
He’s the spitting image of his mom
>>
File: 1479083132895 copiar.jpg (205KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479083132895 copiar.jpg
205KB, 720x540px
Muh Tiffa
>>
File: Tiffa 29.jpg (123KB, 597x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tiffa 29.jpg
123KB, 597x768px
Too bad we never saw that swimsuit that Roybea got for Tiffa.
>>
>>14951142

I thought he got one for Tonya.
>>
File: 32.jpg (31KB, 439x640px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
31KB, 439x640px
>>14951142
this
>>
>>14951144
He got one for Sara, Tonya, and Tiffa.
>>
File: 54.jpg (57KB, 640x1540px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
57KB, 640x1540px
>>
File: act09.jpg (697KB, 2152x3018px) Image search: [Google]
act09.jpg
697KB, 2152x3018px
>>
>>14952592

Nice.
>>
File: 1479689608907.jpg (17KB, 449x345px) Image search: [Google]
1479689608907.jpg
17KB, 449x345px
>>14952226
I remember that, too
>>
>>14953399
Slut
>>
File: 1479805045055.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479805045055.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>
>>14891712
It has best girl in it.
>>
Tiffa is pure
>>
does anyone have a full version of this? I think it's by windfall/takayuki yanase
>>
File: garrod you sly dog.png (252KB, 646x512px) Image search: [Google]
garrod you sly dog.png
252KB, 646x512px
X is one of my favorite Gundams and finishing SRW Alpha Gaiden again after actually watching it made me appreciate the way they did the ending a lot more.
>>
>>14922276
It's my favorite
>>
File: 11456321453.jpg (80KB, 550x1152px) Image search: [Google]
11456321453.jpg
80KB, 550x1152px
>>
Have rexently started Gundam X myself and I must say I really like it and it is "definitively gundam", something that cant be said of GBF, 00 or IBO, despite me enjoying the latter.
My mech preferences demand cool backpacks for Gundams which is why settings like SEED, Thunderbolt, and other backpack spam really gets me off. I would say that's the only downside to Gundam X, there arent many cool backpacks, but the X Gundam's ASYMMETRICAL MICROWAVE PANELS more than make up for it.
I also like how for once the pilot isnt some magic newtype or other post-human being like they are in literally every main series Gundam, and instead focuses on how normal people have to adapt to fight such magic people. The eXecution (lol) isnt too bad either considering how cringe Gundam wing ended up being at times
>>
>>14959249
Don't know where you are atm, but the main gundam sorta have a backpack at some point... But yeah, it's light on backpacks and funnels (they have entire MS as funnels though).
>>
Oh man, what the hell
I just got to the filler episode and thats probably the best filler episode I've ever seen, the ending with Roybea kind of hurt too
>>
Is there someplace to watch or get Gundam X subbed?
>>
>>14959535
You can go to kissanime, that's where I'm watching right now

Also
DOLPHINS ARE NEWTYPES CONFIRMED
>>
File: 1477960993745.jpg (69KB, 813x612px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993745.jpg
69KB, 813x612px
>>
>>14960451
cute
>>
File: 147843646806586.jpg (138KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806586.jpg
138KB, 650x500px
>>
File: Cx-aDdAUsAA6muN.jpg (52KB, 455x699px) Image search: [Google]
Cx-aDdAUsAA6muN.jpg
52KB, 455x699px
>>
>>14953399
Has anyone made a webm of this scene and the Ennil shower scene? Because if not, they should.
>>
File: 11.jpg (39KB, 703x482px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
39KB, 703x482px
shes hot
>>
File: 38.jpg (831KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
831KB, 838x1200px
fanservice 10/10
>>
>>14955999
bitch
>>
File: 1477960993731.jpg (90KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993731.jpg
90KB, 600x442px
>>
>>14959460
In the best ntr style
>>
File: 147843646806576.jpg (119KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806576.jpg
119KB, 650x500px
>>
File: 1475187114493.jpg (316KB, 1280x1817px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114493.jpg
316KB, 1280x1817px
>>
>>14964785
>This is my waifu. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
>>
>>14964785
>gundam pilot trying to re-create his favorite scenes of Evangelion goes awfully wrong
>>
So why wasn't Gundam X aired on Toonami, it would have been perfect to show after Wing and G.
>>
>>14966613

>Ennil when she sees the D.
>>
File: 147843646806632.jpg (152KB, 537x768px) Image search: [Google]
147843646806632.jpg
152KB, 537x768px
>>
so /m/, how come these pictures are not in our booru?
>>
File: GX 9.jpg (308KB, 944x1224px) Image search: [Google]
GX 9.jpg
308KB, 944x1224px
>>14968122
>15 YEARS AGO, THE GREATEST WAR IN HISTORY WIPED OUT LIFE ON EARTH AS WE KNEW IT.

*shots of the 7th space war and mass colony drop.*

HOWEVER FATE WILL HAVE A BOY CLAIM THE INSTRUMENT OF THE EARTH'S DESTRUCTION FOR HIS OWN.

"GX-9900!" *GX eyes flash on first start-up*

GUNDAM.

"A BATTLE BETWEEN GUNDAM TYPES, EH?"

WITH THE YOUNG NEWTYPE GIRL AS HIS GUIDE, *shot of Tiffa and one of her visions* GARROD WILL FACE HIS DESTINY.

'TA DA! HERE'S THE ULTIMATE MOBILE SUIT PILOT, GARROD RAN. HERE WITH THE GUNDAM X TO TAKE YOU OUT!"

*shots of GX taking out the Alternative Daughtress suits*

"IS THE MOON VISIBLE?"

*random action shots of the three Freeden Gundams*

"MY MOUNT IS FIERCE." *shot of Virsago in action*

THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE GUNDAM FRANCHISE.

"IF THIS WORKS, I'LL BELIEVE IN GOD."

*Garrod jams G-Con into place which activates*

AFTER WAR GUNDAM X.

"TIFFA, I BELIEVE IN GOD!"

WEEKDAYS STARTING MONDAY AT 5:30.

*shot of Satellite cannon firing.*

ONLY TOONAMI.
>>
>>
File: 1477960993724.jpg (61KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993724.jpg
61KB, 461x600px
>>
>>14968643
Nice.

Damn I miss Campbell Lane.
>>
>>14968543

What booru?
>>
File: 1477960993703.jpg (308KB, 1000x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993703.jpg
308KB, 1000x1343px
>>
>>14971298

Based NEET.
>>
File: 147843646807747.jpg (161KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807747.jpg
161KB, 600x420px
>>
>>14972900
balloon says "Just marry already!"
>>
>>14973726
yeah
>>
I want to stuff my face in Ennil's hair_!
>>
File: Enil cell 2.jpg (35KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
Enil cell 2.jpg
35KB, 450x355px
>>14974504
>>
>>14952592
All the way down/up
>>
>>14974575

yes nice
>>
File: 12234245356363634.jpg (543KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
12234245356363634.jpg
543KB, 1200x849px
>>
File: 47515701_p3_master1200.jpg (134KB, 375x558px) Image search: [Google]
47515701_p3_master1200.jpg
134KB, 375x558px
These two were gay for each other.
>>
File: 1475187114511.jpg (258KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114511.jpg
258KB, 1280x1810px
>>
>>14963644

Dat pool
>>
>>14975271
Not gay enough, if you as me.
>>
File: Enil and Tonya.gif (25KB, 424x726px) Image search: [Google]
Enil and Tonya.gif
25KB, 424x726px
>>
>>14976087

Never seen that one. Saved!
>>
>>14974906
Their grandad, the Belphagor, is so much better than Virsago or Ashtaron.
>>
>>14891712
Gundam X is really a lot better after watching all of UC
cause it feels like a logical sequel to UC
>>
File: 1477960993752.jpg (169KB, 736x730px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993752.jpg
169KB, 736x730px
>>
File: 1477960993706.jpg (411KB, 1000x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993706.jpg
411KB, 1000x1363px
>>
>>14976295
I've been watching MSG after having finished Gundam X and I certainly can't disagree, brewing the various series in my head.
More than a sequel, it's almost like a re-telling of mid-UC (something like a different late MSG +15 years), with the GX as basically a fucked-up over-the-top version of the original Gundam, Jamil as a somehow differently broken Amuro (based on what he is - what I've yet seen of him - in Zeta), and then the new generation being some kind of breaking point compared to both MSG and Zeta.

It's funny how Gundam X is basically the newtype premise of UC being pretty much completely reversed, newtypes being more or less totally cursed by their status, their abilities being more or less everything in the wrong way (while in UC, newtypes still can use their kind of neutral-aligned powers largely to walk their own path be it good or bad) and the fact that Garrod is quite the opposite of Amuro (cheerful, optimistic, without superpowers) makes for sort of an inverted take on the whole Gundam base story.

What's strange is that contrary to this you then have SEED and 00 where coordinators and then innovades are either "nope no problem really, just Space Jesus" or even worse, Setsuna as saviour and solution for the whole universe (which is one thing I really really disliked with 00).

Gundam X really feels like fresh air when it's straight opposed to the whole "let's get a newtype solve our problem" shenanigans and even though it does have some issues, it's as of now one of my favorite no-nonsense gundam series. Plus it avoids the whole Zeon wankery which is kinda nice.
>>
File: 1477960993701.jpg (478KB, 1530x2075px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993701.jpg
478KB, 1530x2075px
>>
File: Parla.png (532KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Parla.png
532KB, 1366x768px
PARLA A CUTE
>>
>>14980343
but shes a tomboy
>>
>>14980343

Dem eyes tho.
>>
>>14980607
But she a cute
a cute
>>
>>14922276
a weapon to surpasse metal gear?
>>
>>14978621

> It's funny how Gundam X is basically the newtype premise of UC being pretty much completely reversed, newtypes being more or less totally cursed by their status, their abilities being more or less everything in the wrong way (while in UC, newtypes still can use their kind of neutral-aligned powers largely to walk their own path be it good or bad)

That sounds identical to UC frankly, since being a newtype is a curse there and most of them became weapons because of their existence rather than walking their own path. Also, Garrod is just non-newtype Judau in a lot of ways, and I don't know why you mentioned it being a break from 0079 and Zeta specifically while omitting ZZ.
>>
File: 1477960993729.jpg (42KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477960993729.jpg
42KB, 425x600px
>>
File: Ball X.jpg (175KB, 703x601px) Image search: [Google]
Ball X.jpg
175KB, 703x601px
>>14922276
>>
>>14982446
Frankly, the GX-bit isn't too far away from that... well except it's humanoid in shape at least.
>>
For as much as they say the world was fucked, everywhere outside of north america seems fine.

>>14968122

Barely any models to sell
>>
>>14982933

> Barely any models to sell

Not really. I just checked how many different models of suit the show had and it's up in to the 40s at the least. Even if you discount variations of various models and only count unique stuff it's still a high number. Turn-A has a much lower number for instance.

That's not the reason regardless. Sunrise apparently made them air 0079 after Wing as a contractual obligation because they wanted to recreate the Japanese Gunpla market as soon as possible in the West.
>>
File: 1475187114516.jpg (212KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475187114516.jpg
212KB, 836x1200px
>>
>>14980614
They look like the old character designs made by KyoAni.
>>
>>14982446
Fucking X-rounders.
>>
File: 199731.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
199731.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1478123704342.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478123704342.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14983005
>Not really.

At the time though? But yeah, they went to UC because Bandai has 80 trillion UC kits they can sell.
>>
>>14985576

If you're measuring it against UC as a whole or even just Zeon are then yea it's going to fall short since you're holding it up against 3 TV shows and a movies worth of stuff at the least. It's not got substantially less than any single one of those TV shows though.
>>
>>14985592
There are way more 0079 kits than X. Hell, even at the time Wing aired in the US there were way more.

40s is nothing. Do you know how many fucking kits SEED has? Even putting aside Destiny, just SEED alone. That show got variants out the ass.
>>
>>14983005
Where do you get 40. It's way lower than that. Remember they were isolated only to stuff they had already made and were not going to release the LM kits

1/100
X
Divider
Airmaster
Leopard
Xx
Virsago
G falcon xx
Airmaster burst
Leopard d

1/144
X
Divider
Airmaster
Leopard
Xx
Virsago
Airmaster burst
Leopard d
Ashtaron
Virsago chestbreak
>>
>>14983265
Why does the DX shield look so dumb I mean seriously it's like a jagged California or some shit I can NEVER get over that
>>
>>14985680

Wait, are you using models as in existing gunpla rather models of units in the show that could all potentially be made in to gunpla? Why would you assume that they'll only reprint existing models, and that they'd never make new models for a new market if that market showed promise or interest? Especially when X was already 5 years old at least by the time they'd be airing it if Cartoon Network took it, and most moulds, even for X would already be repurposed and the lines focused on other things regardless.
>>
>>14985777
>Why would you assume that they'll only reprint existing models, and that they'd never make new models for a new market if that market showed promise or interest?

Because Bandai is full of retards that don't understand western marketing.
>>
>>14985076
I wanna see what a DX Maoh looks like. or an X Maoh Divider.
>>
File: 763690_p0.png (10KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
763690_p0.png
10KB, 300x400px
>>
It was decent, but I'm not entirely sure why they moved the show from Fridays at 5:00 PM to Saturdays at 6:00 AM. This time slot change occurred even before the show began to hemorrhage viewers big time.
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 121

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.