[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Warren Ellis' Bubblegum Crisis run any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 929257.jpg (175KB, 600x915px) Image search: [Google]
929257.jpg
175KB, 600x915px
So is Warren Ellis' Bubblegum Crisis run any good?
>>
>>14889906
>Warren Ellis'
I wish it was by Warren Ellis.
>>
it was okay. not anywhere near as good as his earlier Dirty Pair stuff. I think Adam went through this period where he hated drawing, and tried to make his work as basic and "anime" as possible. really sucked. fixing that, alone, would have made the book better
>>
>>14889917
Fucking mental slip.
>>
>>14889935
So not worth £40 importing it then.
>>
File: 08.jpg (291KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
291KB, 1500x1061px
>>14889906
I enjoyed his characterization of Priss and the rest of the Knight Sabers. I especially like that one panel where she isn't dressed in much and mocks Mackie about being sure to not get drool anywhere because I self inserted there big time and always have had the hots for Priss and the Knight Sabers in general

I also thought the antagonist being jaded and hallucinating was an interesting approach. The art, in my opinion, was much better than the vast majority of western shit.

And, of course, it has Mr. Sonoda's positive acknowledgement, which lead me to try it out in the first place.
>>
>Saw this thread
>Been meaning to look into Warren's anime stuff.
>Found a download link finally for it.
>Spends ages downloading because it's a crappy download site
>It's in French.

Fuck.
>>
>>14889906
Anyone actually got a copy of this?
>>
>>14889906
I didn't like the comic-book style writing. The bad guy talks to himself in short sentences non-stop. Also the hardsuits don't really get to do a lot.

Those things aside, it could pass for a real (kinda forgettable) episode of BGC. Their quality and themes were all over the place anyway, and everyone is vaguely in-character here, so its not as blatantly fanfiction-tier as it might be otherwise.
>>
>>14890660
I do. Why?
>>
>>14889906
>Bubblegum Crisis
yuri shit
>>
File: warren ellis.jpg (108KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
warren ellis.jpg
108KB, 387x500px
> Warren Ellis

Man he should do a BGC or Dirty Pair book.

to answer your question though, I didn't like the Adam Warren books at all. He tends to up the edge factor more than the works require and fill it with a lot of shit that doesn't really fit the established characterization. I did not like Priss as a chain smoking turbo cunt at all.
>>
>>14894110
They are cute Yuri shits though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.