[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 mecha anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: images.png (4KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 201x201px
So far confirmed:
-FMP IV(if it's 26 eps then it's going to finish the novels). Fall

Speculation:
-New Code Geass anime(announcement late Nov, might be a movie retelling or a OZ TV series)
-New AU Gundam TV series(they have been doing this for the last years)
-New UC Gundam OVA(most likely Thunderbolt Earth Arc)
>>
>>14887151
>most likely thunderbolt earth arc
Not only do I find that unlikely, but if any UC Gundam OVA is coming out in 2017 it's the first of the Battle of Loum OVAs (not that there can't be both).
>>
>>14887151
>New AU Gundam TV series
They really need a break with this shit because they're over-saturating the market like they did back in the 90s.

>New UC Gundam OVA
If it's not late-UC, I'll pass.
>>
>>14887160
thunderbolt is huge, they must animate ASAP

the earth arc just started having mecha action again after months of nothing happens but there's enough stuff for 4 OVAs
>>
>>14887161
>They really need a break with this shit because they're over-saturating the market like they did back in the 90s.

They oversaturated the market by having year long shows back to back to back to back. Taking those six months off are a good way to figure things out.
>>
>>14887173
I have my doubts, you said it yourself, there's months of nothing happening. I suppose Unicorn had empty episodes too so it's not like it rules it out. So far there haven't been any big battles though, only like 4 skirmishes.

Having thought about it some more, it's certainly possible. But it's a certainty that the Battle of Loum OVAs are coming, 2017 is near certainty.
>>
>>14887151
>New UC Gundam OVA

Probably the late UC stuff detailing the event After Victory
>>
>>14887151
Jinraiger. I want to habeeb
>>
>>14887173
>but there's enough stuff for 4 OVAs

There's no good part to leave off though.
>>
>>14887194
>But it's a certainty that the Battle of Loum OVAs are coming

You could fit the entire battle into one OVA. And that includes the little segment that was shown at the end of the compilation.
>>
>>14887208
I'm only pluralising "OVA" because everywhere I see says "Loum arc". I've inferred this to mean more than a singular OVA, but if that's how much content there is then I guess I was wrong to do that.
>>
>implying anyone wants these horrible CGI Origin OVAs
>>
>>14887151
>New AU Gundam TV series

ffs
>>
>>14887226
Nobody has said they want Origin OVAs though, they're just saying what hey expect.

But now that you've brought it up, I'm looking forwards to Part IV.
>>
>>14887151
How do we know that we'll get a new AU?
Seems like they should take a break after IBO.
I'd rather wait until 2018
>>
>>14887255
they have been doing this since BF and will continue to do so
>>
Is it too much to hope for a non-gundam Real Robot show? Maybe with a female protag?

Cause I love Gundam, but I also want mecha models that aren't endless retreads of the white mobile suit.
>>
>>14887263
Barbatos was pretty fresh, no matter what you think about IBO on the whole
>>
>>14887263
Read the fucking OP, FMP already confirmed

>I love Gundam
You don't belong here
>>
>>14887151
code geass was pretty cool
that could be great
>>
File: 1477627232499.png (129KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1477627232499.png
129KB, 557x605px
Here's what we know is coming out in some capacity between now and 2017

>New season of Full Metal Panic
>New Code Geass production
>Build Fighters OVA (Not Try)
>Symphogear Seasons 4 and 5 (We'll probably only get one season in 2017 and the next in 2018 with the way things are going)
>Knights & Magic (An adaption of one of those Isekai LNs/Manga where a mecha fan is reincarnated in a world of magic-powered giant robots)
>Infini-T Force (Tatsunoko anime with Tekkaman, Casshern, Gatchaman, and Hurricane Polymar showing up based on the promo pic)
>Megaton Musashi (Level-5 anime based on their new 3DS game focusing on a 3-man combining super robot with a focus on finishers (There's a teaser trailer up that's like 6 minutes long or so))
>Choujikuu Robo Meguru (Don't know much about it, sounds like a comedy from the description)
>Uru in Blue (Sequel to Wings of Honneamise with most of the original staff)
>The LoGH remake that got announced ages ago
>Space Battleship Yamato 2202 (Yamato 2199 sequel based off of the second season)
ventually
>Evangelion 4.0 (Hahahaha)
>Jinraiger (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

There's probably something else I'm forgetting, as well as the stuff we know will show up but we just have little or no information about it (The yearly Gundam/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider series) but that's everything I could get off of the usual seasonal chart sites.
>>
>>14887474
>>Infini-T Force (Tatsunoko anime with Tekkaman, Casshern, Gatchaman, and Hurricane Polymar showing up based on the promo pic)

>tekkaman
Is this Blade or the original?
>>
>>14887474
Isn't there also a new mazinger project happening in 2017?
>>
>>14887276
His deign is ugly as fuck, so are the other IBO designs.
>>
>>14887573
Fucking sick dude, but I'm simply saying Barbatos wasn't a retread of the gundam, or at least it is the furthest away from the standard design. Vomiting at the Barbatos doesn't have anything to do with what I said.
>>
>>14887151
FMP was already confirmed last year to adapt EVERYTHING.

We don't know how many episodes, but yes it's probably 26. Most fat will be trimmed if necessary I assume since Gatoh is writing it
>>
>>14887573
Looks better than muh original gundam variations

The colors are still trash though
>>
>>14887499
not him but looking at the screenshots google gave me, its the original tekkaman
>>
There's the stuff called Megaton Musashi too.
>>
>>14887719
>FMP was already confirmed last year to adapt EVERYTHING.
DMC isn't being adapted
>>
>>14887151
>new AU
I doubt it somehow. The last 3 series have performed adequately, but not spectacularly.

>new UC OVA
>Thunderbolt
Also unlikely. The current arc has no end in sight, just about anything else is more likely.

I suspect the most likely things are a G-Reco movie, and possibly the announcement of that Arc Performance 0096 novel getting adapted.

>>14887474
>Knights & Magic (An adaption of one of those Isekai LNs/Manga where a mecha fan is reincarnated in a world of magic-powered giant robots)
Well thats different. Sort of.

I'm tentatively interested, if the main character isn't a foaming sperglord and the mech battles are decent it might work.

>>The LoGH remake that got announced ages ago
>Space Battleship Yamato 2202 (Yamato 2199 sequel based off of the second season)
The wait for those is painful.
>>
Hopefully crossbone happens.
>>
>>14887823
>if the main character isn't a foaming sperglord
I might have some bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>14887813
Filler novel, like I said Gatoh is trimming the fat
>>
When is MJP movie gonna be premiered?
>>
>>14887151
Isn't there supposed to be an OVA for the first Build Fighters series in the planning stages?
>>
>>14887813
>>14887922
It's a shame. I really wanna see the Tessa fags of /m/ explode because of that one scene.
>>
Thunderbolt isn't UC. It's Thunderbolt. It's officially its own universe.
>>
>>14888118

lol keep tellin yourself that.
>>
what if we get BF series 3?
>>
>>14887151
Jin Raiger ever?

Also I think they are animating that Knight and Magic, or whatever it's called about the gunplafag who gets reincarnated into escflowne land.

Also since we are running out of months, I'm assuming Imashi's next show will be 2017. Supposedly thats the show they said "GL fans and mecha fans will love it". My guess is it'll be a show about dick jokes, and a magical fork.

>>14887263
Don't look at me. I'm waiting for a show with pilots in skin tight outfits shouting attacks in english why they beat up monsters/robots. A theme song where the name of the mech is sung would be nice too.
>>
>>14888544
Jinraiger never.
>>
>>14887719
Watch they only have 10 episodes because of fucking Kadokawa being stingy with the budget.
>>
>>14888544
>>14889415
At this point I'd settle for the rest of the old trilogy getting subs. Even without Crinn pitching in.
>>
>>14887263
>Maybe with a female protag?

Regalia ?
>>
File: regalia1.jpg (51KB, 700x390px) Image search: [Google]
regalia1.jpg
51KB, 700x390px
>>14889630
He's asking for real-robo stuff, though.
>>
Real robot is pretty much a dead sub-genre at this point.
>>
>>14887151
>most likely Thunderbolt Earth Arc)
Nope, it's most likely crossbone or HF, I'm not memeing either.
>>
>>14887474
Don't forget Mirai Arise, there's a high chance for that to be mecha.
>>
>>14889669
You still have your Macross and Gundam shit, FMP next year, Fafner was last year and so on.

Meanwhile, I'm over here waiting for more nippon ichi rainbow samurai piloted by sentient sideburns, and all they give me is bullshit like Daimidaler and barely related garbage like Eureka Seven AO and Cross Ange and shit that's too short and low budget for anything cool to happen like Doamaiger D
>>
>>14889881
>Fafner
>Real Robot

HA

Also who the fuck would watch shit made by the guy who did Gundam SEED? You fucks are always recommending it like it isn't shit
>>
>>14889886
Actually, I do like Cross Ange, or at least the first half of it. It's a show that aimed at being the kind of bad that you could laugh at and actually succeeded, mostly because it didn't display any self-awareness outside of the next episode previews.

The second half was still bad, but not as funny. Instead it was more "what the fuck am I watching?"
>>
>>14889907
Why the fuck are you talking about Cross Ange?
>>
>>14889912
Because it's directed by the guy who did Gundam SEED, you twat.
>>
File: this is great.png (873KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
this is great.png
873KB, 960x720px
>>14887474
>LoGH Remake

They better not fuck it up.
>>
>>14887474
A lot of schlock, some interesting remakes, and the horrific mess that Infini-T will no doubt be.

Ah, 2017. Another year in the long nuclear winter of mecha.

When will we get a really good, down-to-earth production with 2D animation and an original standalone plot? When did we stop getting L-gaims, Layzners, and Ideons, and when did we start getting Sequel Prequel Spinoff Loli Moe Promotional Mash up vocaloid Mecha anime show #334829?
>>
>>14890703
>2D animation

Stopped reading right here
>>
>>14890052
>instead of manly men doing manly things
>it's cute space school girls having practice battles in a simulator
>simulator battles are few and far between
>SoL comedy hijinks, misunderstandings and borderline /u/ mishaps take center stage
>one simulator battle is interrupted halfway through because there's a school idol contest going on and all the girls have to go compete.
>The Republic vs Empire rivalry is kept, but takes shape as two rival high schools competing in regional simulator battles championship
>The MCs find out that if their school doesn't win the championship, it's gonna get shut down.
Screencap this.
>>
>>14890703
That shit has been done to death already.
>>
>>14889881
Macross/(most of Gundam)/Fafner are not real robot.
>>
>>14890703
The issue isn't lolimoe stuff, it's bland stuff. There's been a few recent mecha anime that were just "okay"

I mean fuck I'll take a trainwreck so long as it keeps me watching.
>>
>>14890828
Captain Earth is the pinnacle example of this shit.

You clearly had talent working on it considering the animation, but you couldn't tell an interesting story to save your fucking life.
>>
>>14887813
They ought to make a stand-alone movie out of that one.
>>
>>14890874
Honestly the animation on it was extremely lacking for BONES. It pales in comparison to Star Driver.
>>
>>14890911
>It pales in comparison to Star Driver.
The show that had fights composed of 90% stock footage?
>>
>>14887226
>horrible CGI
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>14890812
look at this dumbass
>>
File: Beam up.gif (899KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Beam up.gif
899KB, 250x188px
>>14890812
>Actually thinking real and super mean anything
>Or that anyone with an IQ beyond single digits pays attention to them beyond noting tonal differences if even then
>>
File: Cease 1.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Cease 1.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>14890745
>>
>>14887263
yuri yuri, k-on
>>
File: R3sQFr3.jpg (412KB, 1224x552px) Image search: [Google]
R3sQFr3.jpg
412KB, 1224x552px
>>14890812
See pic.
>>
>>14887531
Leaked promo image aside, no details on what the Mazinger project will be have come out.
>>
>>14887161
>Gunda/m/ is dead
>>
Gunda/m/ is live
>>
>>14888118
The Thunderbolt animation (thus far) isn't in contradiction to animated UC stuff (yet).

If they wanna make it work within UC framework, they can.

The manga is its own thing sure, but the animation is TBD.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.