[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was I suppose to be rooting for in this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

Who was I suppose to be rooting for in this scene?
>>
>>14880588
you don't HAVE to root for anybody, you can root for all the characters you know
Although I wouldn't say I was exactly rooting for miss eyebrows
>>
No time for rooting, only pity.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (431KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
431KB, 1360x768px
>>14880588
SHIT SHIT FUCK YOU MIKA YOU FUCK!
>>
>>14880588
That's not really a "rooting" kind of scene. Carta and her flunkies are extremely naive about warfare and it got them slaughtered.
Honestly, I cheered when Akihiro just capped one of them during their little intro-pose moment, but at the same time I kind of pitied them. They were clearly blissfully unaware of how ugly real combat is, and very stupidly expected their opponents not to exploit every possible weakness, so on one hand it was funny to see them get slapped in the face by reality. But on the other hand, they were unceremoniously crushed in fairly brutal fashion, and the way they reacted implied that they would have been merciful victors if they'd won. So you kind of laugh at their childish belief in civilized combat but you also can't 100% cheer for Tekkadan because they're displaying a ruthlessness that's usually reserved for villain factions.
>>
File: Rebake twin guns.png (929KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rebake twin guns.png
929KB, 1280x720px
>>14880637
>I cheered when Akihiro just capped one of them during their little intro-pose moment
that actually was a good scene.
>>
>>14880653
>"Uh... we're starting right?!?!?!"
>>
File: destroyallvermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroyallvermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
You root for the ones fighting the space rat scourge, OP. They must be purged!

On a serious note why are there so many of these topics at once? It is getting more annoying than me trying to be funny and even I admit that's a lot.
>>
>>14880705
Well let's see
>you forced an unfunny meme
>now the floodgates for unfunny memes are open
>>
>>14880676
>of course!
>>
>>14880861
Well then, what's the next step in your master warplan?

>DESTROYING THESE GRAZES
>AND LEAVING NO SURVIVORS!
>>
>>14880882
And then Gundam Guts did it, THE MADMAN!

...Except he probably did leave survivors, since even Human Debris now know that the Brown Gundam will spare them.
>>
File: Monologue-ing.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Monologue-ing.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>14880653
I about hit the floor with laughter when that happened.
>>
File: Dueling.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dueling.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>14880918
It was even funnier the second time it happened.
>>
>>14880588
The fact that you have to ask that question is entirely the point. It's not quite I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE but for Gundam it does the job.
>>
>>14880928
That scene was both hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

They say humor and horror are only a stone's throw away from one another.
>>
CARTA-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>14880588
>rooting for anybody.

Complete autism, OP.

The scene was meant to illustrate how much mistaken and ignorant Issue's approach to armed conflict was. She was placed in a mostly honorary position because of nepotism far and away from any kind of frontline. When the fighting eventually did reach her doorstep she got #rekt because she had no idea what she was doing. Her ideas of military doctrine and what she thought war was no longer mattered and didn't help her.
>>
>>14880588
Remind me why anyone liked her? She didn't have any endearing qualities, she jobbed the hardest and she looks retarded even by IBO standards with literal pig and lizard men.
>>
File: 14325435634.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14325435634.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>14880588
For this miracle of the universe.
>>
Chivalry died since bow was invented anyway.
>>
>>14881224
She was an idealistic person in a try-hard "look at how gritty and dark we are" universe. And not stupid idealistic, like Kudelia Sugoina Bernstein.
>>
>>14881328
>Carta
>not stupid idealistic
>>
>>14880712
At least it's not that unfunny faggot that keeps trying to force 'Iron Menstruation' in every thread.
>>
>WE'RE HONORABUL KNIGHTS
>except when we break off from combat to go murder fleeing Mobile Workers
Whatever, Eyebrow Lady.
>>
>>14881338
At the risk of making a distinction without a difference, I'd go for naive on Carta's description. The difference between that Carta was ignorant, while Kudelia is repeatedly shown that her ideas are stupid and never properly reacts against it.

Now, given the way IBO writers are, Carta would be just as bad if she had more screen time. She's saved by the virtue of her side-character status.
>>
>>14881348
Mobile workers are weapons of war; besides, nobody in Tekkadan is innocent. They're all members of the military operation; or, they were. Now that they have a farm, a mine, and a school and shit, they probably have some non-combat staff, but that's S2.
>>
>>14881359
So you're cool with shooting, say, retreating combat medics in the back just because? Not that the Worker was a medic or anything, but it might as well have been against MS armor and was trying to escape.

Hell, isn't shooting anyone in the back 'dishonorable', especially if they're retreating? It works, but if you're trying to pretend you're playing by some sort of rules of combat that shit usually ain't kosher.
>>
>>14881372
The thing that changes the situation entirely is Orga. Carta heard him over the coms when she and Mika had their weapons in a bind; killing the enemy commander, while not always looked upon as the most favorable thing to do, is an entirely legitimate tactic. Her going after Orga, even if you want to view it as dishonorable, would be entirely legitimate under the circumstances of fighting against an underhanded opponent.

That being said, I don't think traditional honor applies here. Typically, the reason you fight someone from the front is so they can fight back. A mech fighting an armored car is an asymmetrical matchup; the mobile worker is never going to be able to down the Graze on its own. In this case, Carta cannot risk injury to herself from the mobile worker, therefor attacking from behind isn't actually a problem in this case.
>>
File: nothing tolaugh.jpg (149KB, 492x368px) Image search: [Google]
nothing tolaugh.jpg
149KB, 492x368px
>>14880588
Misfortune of their birth.
>>
File: 1475438238021.jpg (75KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
1475438238021.jpg
75KB, 600x339px
>>
>>14880928
Holy shit, just randomly clicked on some image on the front page and I'll be picking this show up. This is fucking baller.
>>
>>14881628
Finally someone who's not anti-fun
>>
>>14881637
Can't say I've seen a lot of mecha animes, let alone Gundam
The show is completely stand-alone on doesn't rely on any prior experience of the series, r-right?
>>
>>14881650
Yes. It has it's issues, but they're not deal breaking. If you can sit through other mecha shows, you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>14881224
>jobbed the hardest
only antagonist to get a named kill
she's the antagonist that hurt tekkadan the most
>>
>>14880918
Yeah, I loved how Carta and the Blonde Bishounen Brigade felt like they were in the wrong show the whole time they were there.
>>
>>14880588
She wanted fair and square duel after she killed Biscuit, who was piloting a much shittier MS.

She was a condescending hypocrite that wanted to look benevolent to her enemies.

Mika had no patience for he bullshit.
>>
>>14882042
>She was a condescending hypocrite that wanted to look benevolent to her enemies.
So, Liu Bei?
>>
>>14882056
Cao Cao did nothing wrong
>>
Mika is fucked in the head, but he's too damn dreamy for me to give a damn

Discuss
>>
>>14882042
She also only went for a duel when she was the one at a disadvantage in numbers after losing a large amount of her men trying to stop them in orbit and at the island.
>>
>>14882150
Well to be fair she didn't think they'd dare refuse her batchall.
>>
>>14881224
She was moon race levels of stupid. Some people like that.
>>
>>14881359
>>14881372
>>14881407

Considering that she had the gall to demand a fair and honest fight with Tekkadan later, which hypocritically conflicts with what she did to Biscuit, Mikizuki had every right not to grant Carta what she wanted.

>>14882042

This
>>
File: on so many levels.jpg (38KB, 1013x568px) Image search: [Google]
on so many levels.jpg
38KB, 1013x568px
>>14880588
>Who was I suppose to be rooting for in this scene?
>>
File: muh batchall.jpg (41KB, 469x343px) Image search: [Google]
muh batchall.jpg
41KB, 469x343px
Fucking clanners and their obsession with MUH HONOR. Glory to the Inner Sphere.
>>
>>14881813
To me they almost felt like a parody of Cornelia and her Glaston Knights in Code Geass

>>14881206
>>14880637
>>14882167
All of this. Gjallarhorn should be looked at like the G-IT Corps or Gym Ghingham's forces.

Its not as apparent at first because their shits all shiny, but they are a bloated, untested, bureaucratic mess of a military that hasn't done anything but police space lanes for several centuries.

This obviously being McGillis's motivation for trying to reform the organization, and Carta and Gali represent everything he hates about Gjallarhorn. Carta is full chuuni and thinks that war is some kind of game, and Galio just doesn't take his job seriously. He was a horrible pilot, the only reason he lasted as long as he did was because he was piloting a Gundam, and even then he nearly died. Twice.

I'm anxious to see Vidar in action, he has to have improved considerably since S1 now that he has motivation
>>
>>14882306
>This obviously being McGillis's motivation for trying to reform the organization, and Carta and Gali represent everything he hates about Gjallarhorn.
Well I think that AND his dickass father let his poor mother die in the streets...

...But not before she gave birth to his half-sister!
>>
IBO is one of the few shows where the villains were the true heroes.
>>
>>14881628
These scenes are few and far between, which makes it even better when they do happen.
>>
>>14882306
Pretty sure McGillis is just a power-hungry despot driven by a hatred of his father and the organization that maligned him as an outsider; his whole reform thing is just an elaborate smokescreen to allow him greater agency within the organization.

>>14882344
Why was Iznario so bad at fucking? Like, you have one kid, and a bastard at that. Clearly Gjallarhorn doesn't do some kind of divided inheritance bullshit, so there's no reason not to have actual kids. Or at least a half-dozen bastards.

>>14882188
Oh, yeah, her request was incredibly stupid and Tekkadan had zero obligation to honor it. Her absolute refusal to try and retreat was even worse. If she had ran, the Kimaris would've likely arrived in time to save her.
>>
>>14882497
Doesn't McGillis have like a little brother or something. Papa Fareed had a little blond kid with him in a couple of scenes and he didn't seem like a fucktoy.
>>
>>14882497
Best part is she didn't need to fight them, she could've just fucked up the railroad and went home to peg Gaelio while thinking of McGillis.
>>
>>14882619
Or shot up the train from a distance and almost certainly killed the old man. I mean, really, the whole thing wasn't to capture him, just to keep him away from Edmonton. How they did it didn't really matter.
>>
>>14882042
>after she killed Biscuit, who was piloting a much shittier MS.
Biscuit wasn't even in a MS
>>
>>14880588
Harry Ord's mom?
>>
>>14882696
Nah, just a Haman/Poseidal wannabe.
>>
I have to admit, it seems awfully fucking convenient how literally everyone in this show that actually has resources is magically less capable at fighting and tactics than modern casual phone gamers, and only the people who have never had enough money to afford more than a single slice of bread at a time for their sandwich are experts on the reality of war and strategy.

These are power blocks that literally can not defend themselves against even the most paltry of armed resistance. They are not people, they are just straw men the show is obligated to include so that Mika has somebody to kill so that we can be horrified at how Mika kills people you guise.

I can't take them seriously as characters or as threats. I wouldn't trust them to win a war against literal gerbils.
>>
>>14882909
The pooristani have been fighting on the frontlines for the good bulk of their lives, they're veterans at an age where people aren't even enrolled in BCT.

The sheltered elite had it pretty cozy just sitting on their asses in a safe rear position, never to truly know what a real fight is.

It starts off with nice people like Crank whose response to seeing the cruel irony of the situation is to go for suicide by PMC, and ends with people like Carta and Gaelio eating shit for their naivete. This is the tragedy of Gjallarhorn, years of being top shit reducing them to a paper tiger.

Well, a bit more than a paper tiger, they can just outgun most threats by throwing Grazes at the enemy, but they're a shadow of their former selves.

Such is the tragedy of Gjallarhorn. A tree standing tall and mighty, yet so rotten to the core that even the gentlest of breezes will send it toppling down.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (261KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
261KB, 1360x768px
>>14880588
Is this series the edgiest of the Gundam shows?
I mean by the literal meaning of the word.
>>
>>14882990

Which is an excuse that doesn't actually work. Nobles not having a clear idea of how a real war works instead of a duel? That's fine. But even the foppiest of fops in the middle ages, if they were expected to lead a house in battle, were taught during their upbringing by actual combatants.

IBO's villains are not people who are suffering for their lack of experience. They can pilot their MS perfectly fine, their reaction time is okay and their fine control isn't noticeably bad. They just have magically been """trained""" for combat without ever having been within 20 miles of anyone who has ever been in a fistfight before, much less a battle.

You know that movie a while back "the Invention of Lying", about a world in which deception literally doesn't exist in any form until one guy comes up with the idea of saying something that isn't true, and he destroys society around him because no one else understands what a lie is or can conceive of someone saying something that isn't real?

IBO is like that, but Tekkadan invented violence. No one else they meet is able to conceive of combat outside of a set of very flimsy and ineffectual rules that more describes grandstanding than any actual intent to kill. And they continue to not be able to conceive of actual combat no matter how many examples of it they are given, as if they are mentally fucking ill.

IBO is speculative fiction describing a world where we colonized mars before humanity ever fought a war, and thus the first people to realize the answer is 'kill the other guy' are an invasive species with no competition or counter.
>>
>>14883031
You know, that violence argument is interesting. Back in the early colonial days of the United States, native tribes would raid small towns and villages, kill some animals, take a few things, and not actually kill any people besides the few that engaged them. Culturally, this was a symbolic form of warfare that the natives practiced. To the European settlers, this was the exact same thing as trying to wipe out their settlement, but not being able to. Needless to say, when the Euros counterattacked, the casualties were decidedly higher.

That said, in this case, it's a world where there was a war followed by roughly three-hundred years of peace. It's only on the outskirts of civilization, the area beyond the moon, did any violence continue.
>>
>>14882236
Poor Merribit.
>>
>>14880918
Wtf I hate Tekkadan now
>>
File: 1476049936506.png (445KB, 563x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476049936506.png
445KB, 563x598px
>>
>>14883659
Why? That was a damn good shot. He hit that posing chump right in the noggin.
>>
>>14882091
Does that make Chocoman Sima Yi?
>>
>>14883718

Honestly, that sort of opener is a terrible idea in the long run.

Ha ha, you secured a temporary advantage against an enemy that hasn't actually initiated hostilities against you yet. Those dumb fuckers, am I right?
But in war, ESPECIALLY against an enemy that has an obvious honor culture like Gjallerhorn, you all but ensure that if you ever find yourself at the mercy of your enemy you will find none of it.

No one wins every fight. And you just gave your enemy an especially good reason to, if the opportunity should present itself, drag you from your mech's ruined cockpit and kick you to death. Instead of treating you as a prisoner of war, like they likely would have done otherwise.

People that don't follow the rules generally don't get spared by them.
>>
>>14883799
Dubs confirm
>>
>>14883799
Ironically in Season 2, Gundam Guts becomes the pilot everyone knows will actually accept a surrender.
So while Mika is the White Demon who will murderate you, Brown Asura Gundam will let you tap out if he get's his giant nippers on you.
>>
>>14883799
It's not even a matter of it being war. Gjallarhorn is an organization tasked with keeping the peace. They're cops, corrupt but cops all the same.

You ever see a police drama where they deal with a cop killer? There's probably guys waiting for an excuse to go after Tekkadan right now. And we know MS do record shit thanks to Dante, so some people have probably seen Carta's last moments after Gaelio brought her back.
>>
>>14883799
>People that don't follow the rules generally don't get spared by them.
'Letting the enemy stand around on the battlefield while they do a musical number' is not in the fucking Geneva Conventions last I checked.
>>
>>14883799
>No one wins every fight. And you just gave your enemy an especially good reason to, if the opportunity should present itself, drag you from your mech's ruined cockpit and kick you to death. Instead of treating you as a prisoner of war, like they likely would have done otherwise.
To be fair, Gjallarhorn would have done that anyway.

Remember before they even got to Earth, on Dort? How they treated Atra, a little girl noncombatant, when they thought she was Kudelia? Gjallarhorn made it very clear that they had no problems just killing or torturing them long before their precious 'honor' was tarnished.
>>
>expecting an organization who deliberately engineers public civilian massacres to have ever given a shit about proper prisoner/POW treatment
>>
>>14883924

And you can explain that it wasn't a war crime to shoot a dude that had his weapons down while his CO was talking to you in between them kicking your teeth out your asshole out behind the chemical shed. I'm sure they will pay attention to everything you have to say, given the circumstances.
>>
>>14884217
Shame they were too incompetent to win or even survive that battle to take any prisoners.

You know, because they're the sort of mouthbreathing retards that stand around doing sentai poses in THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING BATTLEFIELD.

Maybe if Carta was trying to negotiate a truce or something they'd have a leg to stand on, but no, she was just announcing her presence like it was a fucking play.

And as >>14883940 shows, or literally everything else they do, Gjallarhorn doesn't give a shit about legality or humane treatment even before you act.
>>
>>14884217

You're assuming that Carta and her boytoys would ever find it in themselves to try that, and everything indicates they'd rather pose and pontificate than seek vengeance.
>>
Don't forget that Tekkadan has already tried honoring one of Gjallarhorn's little Duel's before back on Mars and saw just how much Gjallarhorn's word and honor is worth.

Even Crank knew going into that duel that it meant jack shit.
>>
>>14883799
It was an active battlefield where both forces were already currently engaged in combat when Carta dropped down. She and her personal squad were even shot at as they descended iirc.

When your enemies reinforcements are arriving would you sit and wait for them to get set up and ready?
>>
File: 1457319521391.jpg (167KB, 1090x656px) Image search: [Google]
1457319521391.jpg
167KB, 1090x656px
>>14880588
Shitposters
>>
>>14884484
>go back to kipping pull ups

Fuck, I forgot all about that.
>>
>>14883031
>Being trained for combat=being prepared for the reality of having your best friend's blood all over you after your convoy got hit with an IED

This is how fucking retarded you sound
>>
>>14884616
Isn't that what part of army training drills into you?
>>
>>14884624
You can drill the idea into someone all you want with training, but nothing prepares you for seeing people you know get reduced to bits and pieces.
>>
>>14882296
But she was a inner sphere freebirther.
No wonder she didn't know proper rules for Trials and got rekt by mercenary freebirther.
>>
File: 1462993267836.gif (297KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1462993267836.gif
297KB, 500x281px
>>14880588
Really depends on your selfish desires I'd say. I started grinning and laughing like a mad man when it happened, but the show does a good job to show that what Mika did was kind of brutal and as far as morals go at least as far as the director seems to be concerned is wrong, especially the way the little kids react.

Regardless it was a great scene. Played with my expectations and had me reveling in the violence. Made the series for me.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.