[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godannar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>oh nice, Godannar BDs, the difference shouldn't be great because of digital animation, but it should at least look better than the DVD version
>oh wait
The BDs really make me get a feeling so complicated. Close ups look alright, but as soon as the screen moves back everything looks so smudged.

How do you guys feel? Are the BDs worth it over the DVD version?
>>
Wow, that looks terrible. I don't have a good answer to your question, OP, but wow.
>>
From what somebody posted the other time, the latest R1 DVD release would be a fair compromise.
>>
Godannar was boring and the ecchi didn't help.
Like, I've seen some shit shows redeemed by decent ecchi, but this was not one of them
>>
So any mimetic beast booklets or such come out with the BDs?
>>
>>14874268

I really hate modern /m/
>>
>>14874268
Godannar was awesome despite the ecchi.
>>
>>14874268
>opinions
>>
Unless the DVD encodes are old as fuck they will probably look better than those crappy upscales. I have not checked myself so I can't say for sure.
>>
>>14874268
Agreed.

>>14874417
If anything it's modern /m/ that made Godannar a sacred cow. It's got ecchi and robots so you're not allowed to say anything bad about it.
>>
>>14874417
Why? The pacing was rough, the story didn't flow coherently and seemed to jump around, the ecchi is more ridiculous than tantalizing, the main robot seems to be a one trick pony (I understand finishing moves, but that's all it has) and it just didn't grab me.
Granted, I made it through 4 episodes before moving to something else. If it picks up, please tell me
>>
I really, really fucking liked Godannar, but in retrospect it might have just been because it was one of my first Super Robot shows and I really liked all the common Super Robot tropes

Premise is interesting at least
>>
>>14871590
Usually, no. Escaflowne, maybe, but most early digi-paint and some restorations (widescreen tv series) are horrid when upscaled.

>>14874268
I'm a bit of the opposite. I enjoyed the cheese, overly-dramatic soap acting, and energy. And, that the ecchi actually feels natural and isn't implemented in an infuriatingly way like is seen in a lot of shows for the most part (I like Momokyun Sword and Rio's rainbow Gate for similar reasons), and instead continues on with its drama. Boring is Gravion to me. TY, based mecha and Sandman for being the only exciting parts of that. I literally cannot stand marathoning Gravion. Tastes differ though, so it depends on what you like.

>>14874839
always
>>
File: Godannar 17.jpg (236KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Godannar 17.jpg
236KB, 400x400px
>>14877101
BTW, if you like this: you may find this series to be really fun, so give it a shot if you like!

Just don't expect low energy or grim-derp 24/7 serious noir.
>>
>>14877116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd3CrnKP_ww
forgot video...
>>
File: 1462639643753.jpg (282KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462639643753.jpg
282KB, 400x400px
>>14877116
I really like this coloring and layering style, who's the artist who drew this? They did J-Decker stuff too.
>>
>>14877124
I just noticed that Build Tiger has the caution stripes on the tiger head, too. That's awesome.
>>
>>14876549
No, Godannar is a legitimately great robot show. It's not super serious, but it's super well done.
>>
>>14877119
Man, I want to rewatch Godannar now,
>>
>>14877124
I have no idea. This whole folder was from a time when I didn't credit the artists in the name and just mass saved them like this. I'd have to look it up.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.