[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoserires thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: Xenogear-Omnigear.jpg (198KB, 970x1453px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogear-Omnigear.jpg
198KB, 970x1453px
>>
>tfw you get Fiora back and you suddenly feel like grinding for skills and affinity instead of kicking off Operation FUCK EGIL

SIDEQUEST CHRONICLES NEVER ENDS
>>
>>14871846

Getting Fiora back is the one black mark Xenoblade will always carry because it's such a cop out. Had it been Meyneth floating around in her body, I'd be all for it.

Then again, I'm an unabashed Meliafag so I might just be salty over how much of a shaft she got because Fiora came back into Shulk's life.
>>
Interviews on each Xeno game:

http://betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-1-xenogears/

http://betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-2-xenosaga/

http://betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-3-xenosaga-ii-iii/

http://betweenlifeandgames.com/analyses/history-xenogears-xenosaga-part-4-monolith-soft-nintendo/
>>
>>14871908
Man I had this argument before in the last thread.

AND NOW I KINDA FORGOT MY ARGUMENTS AGAIN BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT IT MADE PERFECT SENSE IN THE CONTEXT OF THE NARRATIVE. So yeah I really think that's your Melia bias speaking, just saying.
>>
>>14871931
bump
>>
File: 1432090425787.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432090425787.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>tfw I spoiled myself on her return by killing level 80+ monsters like 50-something levels before I was supposed to and they dropped high level equipment for her.
>>
>>
>>14872315
So how do I break the game like you, good sir?

Just spam Riki is Angry and tank damage?
>>
>>14872460

Shit, someone beat me to posting it.
>>
>>14872460
Who is you-know-who in this instance?
>>
>>14872460
>>14873303

Methinks it's Obari. The face is very Obari.
>>
>>14873397
I sincerely doubt that since the face was already like that, they didn't even really change the design also I think the floating head might be a Devil gundam reference?
>>
>>14873406
>since the face was already like that
It wasn't, OP's image has the original Xenogear.
>>
>>14873410
Really, is there a bigger pic of the face? I just assumed the face was the same, what with the pic for ants
>>
File: 1477290228602.jpg (181KB, 694x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477290228602.jpg
181KB, 694x1024px
>>14873414
>>
>>14873397

Lacks shoulder cannons
>>
File: PW145.jpg (198KB, 1280x1801px) Image search: [Google]
PW145.jpg
198KB, 1280x1801px
>>14873426
Its actually based on hwo the head was originally meant to be
>>
>>14871425
what is this ugly edgy strike freedom ripoff piece of shit?
>>
>>14873484

Excuse me sir.

The Strike Freedom has feet
>>
>>14872460
What's this from?
>>
>>14873784

World of Final Fantasy, just came out today.
>>
I've heard the saga games are like movies, is this true?
>>
>>14873791

They just have a metric shitton of cutscenes, it's not like there isn't plenty of gameplay there.
>>
>>14873801
As long as it's interesting.
>>
File: riddle me this.jpg (30KB, 377x298px) Image search: [Google]
riddle me this.jpg
30KB, 377x298px
>>14873807

Interesting? Yes. Good, ehh pic related, depends on what part of the trilogy you're at.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Shit myself first time I saw this
>>
>>14871425
Is there an actual good game in this series? I've beaten Xenogears and Xenosaga 1 and didn't much like either while XC was so abominable that I didn't even want to finish
>>
>>14873936
>Chronicles
>abominable

I'll kill you
>>
>>14873936
Are you sure you like jrpgs?
>>
>>14873936

I liked all of them. Well maybe not Xenosaga ep 2.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
It's beautiful
>>
>>14873484
So true....
Why couldnt they just give us Weltall-ID
Xenogears just seemed like such a downgrade, well in appearance and combat style, heck the floating robot martial arts kinda seemed lame.
>>
>>14874110
>Why couldnt they just give us Weltall-ID

Because Weltall-2 gives you that.

The question is, why doesn't the game give you the original Weltall, since the one you use is just a copy.
>>
>>14873972
I do. I actually did think XS1 had a pretty cool character building and battle system. Would have been even better if the characters had any kind of balance. Story had a few neat ideas as well even though the execution was generally bad, as was everything else

XG was pretty bland gameplay wise, and most of the first disc was anime fantasy cliches, while the second disc, which actually looked interesting, was mostly glossed over by Fei reading the game's wikipedia page

Couldn't help but smile at G Elements and Erde Kaiser, though
>>
>>14874175
Eh please compare how both look in appearance, because quite frankly there is a big difference.
>>
>>14874201

It's Grahf's, the name Alpha Weltall is a mistranslation. Its name is The Original Weltall.
>>
>>14874208
NO i mean facking Weltall-Id and Weltall-2 when it goes into ID-mode.
And not only from the colour scheme,

http://xenosaga.wikia.com/wiki/File:Weltall-Id.JPG

http://xenosaga.wikia.com/wiki/File:Weltall-2.JPG

Also mean as what wanted as endgear, that inbetween had some Weltall-ID ripoff didnt satisfy me.
>>
>>14874225

The looks are a somewhat meaningless difference, the Id form is just Weltall with its limits turned off and the zohar is flowing freely into it.

And OR Weltall also has the winged form, that would've made for a nice endgear.
>>
>>14874246
>meaningless difference
Great, wow you are right, they look nearly the same, what for a meaningless difference, man and I really cared about that, you opened my eyes, thanks.

Now then lets looks at Alpha Weltall wow it, also looks nearly the same,
that means also you shouldnt have any problem then not having gotten that one.
See now we are both happy.

Please spare me your smartass comments about meaningless differences, really. Because that is also the only reason why one would want to have alpha weltall, it has been stated that xenogears is so damn more powerful then both of them, so there is no reason to go back if you care about what is more powerful, so only what looks stylish could be the reason,
>>
File: BestGirl.jpg (467KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.jpg
467KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14874266
Not just stated, it quite obviously is. Xenogears can easily hand Original Weltall its ass, the boss fight is really just a slightly interactive cutscene.
>>
File: w.jpg (774KB, 1210x1498px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
774KB, 1210x1498px
>>14872460
Someone on their dev team really likes mechs
>>
>>14874266

It's not that it looks different, because outside of the 4 back fins it doesn't. It's that the OR Weltall storywise is more important and that if Fei were to wield it at the end, it would be him using the device that in many ways caused Lacan so much pain, to end the cycle that perpetuated that pain over multiple lifetimes.

It's not about "which is the strongest" for me, it's always what is the thematically best, and to me the Xenogears isn't that, it's just his Weltall having made contact with the Wave Existence.
>>
>>14876198
Yeah exactly what said, what you mean about 'blabla importance to plot' is also a 'meanilngless' difference.
>>
>>14876229

How is it meaningless unless you just don't care about the story, and the story is the only thing you CAN care about in XG because the game doesn't do anything else well. In which case, why the fuck are you here?
>>
File: 2016-10-25-185808.jpg (95KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-25-185808.jpg
95KB, 960x544px
>>14872460
>>14876035
I like the protagonist
he's a good /m/an
>>
>>14874395
Did you make this look like a Valvrave on purpose?
>>
>>14876236
Okay because you seem to think that OR Weltall means so much more for the plot, because could also say the same about Weltall-ID.

Fei finally made up with his whole split personality and forgotten memories and because of that he now would use Weltall-ID, which carries a lot of his sins in this life and so on.

Really you seem to be so convinced that your arguments are so much better but sadly they are not.
>>
>>14876344

The problem with this is that that's not what happens in the story. Fei at the end of the game isn't Fei anymore, he's Abel. He has transcended his original form and become once again the only actual human on the planet, because only that can defeat the Demiurge (Deus).

Keeping Weltall-ID not only thematically goes against that because it's still a copy, but it incorrectly asserts that Fei is still Fei. I hate the way the Xenogears looks, but it's the real thing, it is the true power of the Wave Existence. Any machine that Abel channels the WE through becomes XG. OR Weltall by proxy is Xenogears' latent state because it isn't even a machine by the world's definition as it wasn't built, Deus "birthed" it using the Zohar.
>>
>>14876479
Lacan is also only one of the freaknig many lives he had.
Before that life OR Weltall meant nothing to him.
So why does it matter if he is Abel.

>XG more powerful
.... Right but that is already what have stated in my posts before...
That XG so much more powerful and that know it makes no sense wanting to have another gear expect because the others look better.

Already also said both of our arguments are not making honestly more sense or are more correct.

So dont get why you insist that keeping OR Weltall would be so much better.

- From Style, appearance, looks expect a bit more organic the same as Weltall.

- From Story, the freaking thing only belonged to Lacan who is one of his many freaking lives, not much more importance then Abel

- From Power, XG just overshades anything

Right, where you getting birthed from? Eh?
OR Weltall was already on the damn spaceship just like some other Diabolos gears, it is super super high tech stuff, not some bio monsters creation.
It only connected later with the Zohar that is all, are you trying to change the plot now.
>>
>>14876572
>Right, where you getting birthed from? Eh?

Perfect Works.

>So why does it matter if he is Abel.

Because Abel has no connection to the Fei/Id conflict.
>>
And for that matter, Fei doesn't NEED any mech at all storywise. He has the energy of an entire universe flowing through him, he can destroy Deus effortlessly with his bare hands.
>>
>>14876646
Abel, I meant. But it's redundant because even he went by the name Fei when it made no sense,
>>
>>14876622
>Perfect Works.
Then name the page or does 'close defensive interface of Deus' mean now it 'got birthed'?

>>14876646
>>14876650
So you like repeating yourself?
That it doesnt matter what gear he gets or if if our argument is important was already stated three times.
Really thank you for repeating it another time.
>>
>>14876716
cause we were talking about the GEARS, that he is so powerful without one, man that is really important in our argument which damn GEAR is more important, etc.

If you want to talk about the story and whatever else, find someone else who didnt play the game yet.
>>
>>14876716
>That it doesnt matter what gear he gets or if if our argument is important was already stated three times.

Then why do you keep arguing back? For all our reasonings behind our arguments, it's clear that this whole this is just "i like this mech more".
>>
>>14873837
Shion a shit. I remember playing that one fight where she joins her boyfriend against the party like 10 times just to beat her dumb ass over and over again.
>>
>>14873426
>>14872460
Any way to get this guy yet?
>>
>>14872460
Oh, man, that description.
>>
>>14879015
Why?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.