[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Switch mecha games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

File: Switch.jpg (192KB, 1000x634px) Image search: [Google]
Switch.jpg
192KB, 1000x634px
So what mecha games do you think we'll get on the Switch?
Will From Soft resurrect Armored Core?
Will Bamco make a G Gen Genesis port?
Will Kirby get more Robobot action?
Will we get a Project X Zone successor?
>>
>>14869718
Something tells me that Level-5 might put out a tie-in game for Time Bokan 24. I wouldn't put it past them to do so.
>Will Kirby get more Robobot action?
That one's a maybe, given that Susie is still alive and isn't an ally.
>>
>>14869718
>So what mecha games do you think we'll get on the Switch?
None
>Will From Soft resurrect Armored Core?
No
>Will Bamco make a G Gen Genesis port?
Not likely
Definitely not
>Will we get a Project X Zone successor?
Hopefully not and it would be handheld.
>>
>>14869718
If there's an Artdink Gundam game on it that adds IBO mechs to the GBU/GAS game I'll buy a Swtich just for that.
>>
>>14869730
Yeah, she'll be back for sure. That doesn't guarantee the Robobot armor will be back too, though.

>>14869733
>it would be handheld.
The Switch is a handheld.

>>14869741
I have been kind of out of the loop lately. Has IBO even gotten its own game yet? If not, then that's definitely possible.
>>
>It's Codename STEAM 2
>it's a Switch exclusive

On one end I'm mad the sequel will never happen. On the other I'll be mad if I have to buy a Super Wii U just for the sequel to the best game no one played.
>>
>>14869718

I think it will be the same crap only nintendo fans care about
>>
>>14869718
>Platinum

C'mon Nintendo, you funded the moneyholes that were Bayonetta and W101, where's my Vanquish 2.
>>
>>14869812
>Vanquish 2
Now, we are talking.
>>
inb4 armored souls

>>14869733
Hey, I thought Canvas Curse was going to be a one time gimmick to show off touchscreens and they ended up making another one years later. Robobot might actually get some more action if we're lucky.
>>
Wonderful 101: Second Chance Remaster.

Preferably not released the same time as a Grand Theft Auto game.
>>
>From, Grasshoper, Arc System Works
Interesting. But for all we know it could be a Tenchu from From.
>>
>>14869754
Even if that doesn't happen (>>14869824), I'm still looking forward to whatever gimmick Shimazaki comes up with next and what he'll do with her.

>>14869828
On that subject, I wonder what Wii U games will get the privilege of ports and re-releases.
>>
>>14869718
I'm just waiting to see if this third party lasts (or even happens Wii U was supposed to have it as well) or isn't just ports of the latest games from the past few years.

Odds are it'll just get the same stuff every other system is getting aside from maybe some of the niche Jap devs. Seems like it may be an interesting system though.
>>
>>14869863
Star Fox Zero I hope. Game would have been perfect without the gyro bullshit aside from the hovercraft, and that wasn't even bad, just boring

>>14869718
>Konami
>Konami
>Konami
>>
>>14869718
I would like to see Suda51 take on a full Mecha game, he's definitely a fan of the genre so it's a possibility. Preferably it's an adventure action game cuz I suck at shmups.

>>14869898
Maybe they will let Nintendo make a new Goemon
>>
File: Sine_Mora_screenshot.jpg (46KB, 620x332px) Image search: [Google]
Sine_Mora_screenshot.jpg
46KB, 620x332px
>>14869919
Suda already made a shmup
>>
>>14869919
Liberation Maiden exists though (albeit the sequel has 100% less mech).
>spoiler
They did get the Momotaro license from Hudson, so this might be the next logical step.
>>
>>14869960
Produced.

Development work on Sine Mora was principally some other studio, Grasshopper did production.

It's also not really a good shmup. It's a novel idea, but the execution falls short in some places. Ends up being a game you experience rather than play, which sort of fits the Grasshopper philosophy of weird unconventional experiences, gameplay wonkiness be dammed.
>>
Gundam Breaker pls!
>>
>>14869960 #
Suda didn't direct that though.

>>14869973 #
How is it? Didn't even know about this game since a lot of grasshopper games get little press.

And I really hope Konami gives rights to Nintendo to do something with Goemon for them. I think a good team could make such a good game with that IP. With all the not translated games and no new game in forever, being a fan is suffering.
>>
>>14870039
It's short but good. Keep in mind that it was part of a experimental game compilation called Guild 01.
>>
>>14869733
>>So what mecha games do you think we'll get on the Switch?
>None
XCX-2 is already confirmed

An SD Gundam or SD mecha game is practically garunteed
Also fuck you Armored core will rise again
>>
>>14869898
>Konami

Just means we get things like classic Castlevania and shit like that on the VC shop.
>>
Konami is the best
>>
>>14869733
Isn't From actually working on a new Armored Core though?
That being said, I don't have much hope of it being on Switch.
>>
>>14871714
Why not? It's not like if they had lots of IPs anyway. I mean, sure, they can always try something new, but still.
>>
>>14869718
>So what mecha games do you think we'll get on the Switch?
Nintendo has a mecha game called Project Robot or something that was planned for the Wii U but now its possibly moved over to the Switch. What really happened is that it probably got cancelled since it never really looked good.

Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 is all but confirmed to happen, and the director says it will be more story driven like Xenoblade with greater influences from Xenogears and Xenosaga (pseudointellect meaningless religious technobabble symbolism, essentially).

>Will From Soft resurrect Armored Core?
This is already confirmed and will likely be a VR game. Don't know if it will come out on the Switch. I feel like that FromSoft Switch game is related to Monster Hunter Diaries and not anything good.

>Will Bamco make a G Gen Genesis port?
No

No

>Will we get a Project X Zone successor?
Probably.
>>
>>14872758
>This is already confirmed and will likely be a VR game.
Weren't From Answer and that Steel Battalion kinect travesty bad enough for them?
>>
I imagine it'd get at least one SRW.
>>
>>14872863
Right? I really don't want it to be a VR game.

Then again, I also really want it to be on the fucking Switch.
>>
Fuck man, just give me a compilation of any number of AC games...efff, I'd buy them. All PS1 games, both AC2 games and then all, what, FOUR AC3 games?

GIMMIE.
>>
>>14873967
Can we fucking not get a 3D one, please? Remember, this is supposed to be a handheld.
>>
>>14869960
>>14869975
>>14870039
Technically there's the subway dream minigame from No More Heroes
>>
>>14874310
It's not a handheld you retard
>>
>>14869898
IIDX CS ON SWITCH
HAPPENING
>>
>>14874324
It literally is, you retard.
>>
>>14874324
Its built of the Nvidia sheild and they fucking said that in one of the videos.
>>
>>14869718
In all likelihood we'll see SRW NX in a few years.
>>
>>14874319
There is also the Mecha battle against Charlie McDonald in NMH2.
>>
>>14871714
>Isn't From actually working on a new Armored Core though?
They said they wanted to work on a new Armored Core, but they're working on other shit first.
>>
>>14869718
Everyone in this thread is forgetting one crucial detail.

>REGION LOCK

That is all have a great day.
>>
>>14874310
I'd like a 3D SRW on Switch if it advances the actual gameplay like OE did without being a horribly paced and fillerized tedium/DLC-fest.

But in all likelihood they'll probably just port whatever's going on PS4 to it.

>>14869898
I could actually see Konami porting MGSV Complete and MG Survive to the thing.

>>14875373
3 of Laura Kate Dale's sources (keep in mind they got 99% of stuff about the Switch right before it came out with scary accuracy) confirmed region free.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/
>>
>>14875389
I'd kill for a MD port, if it's the English version, of course, since that'd save me from having to buy a PS4. Same thing with G Gen Genesis.
>>
Does the switch still have the two screen gimmick, or is the screen just for the portable console thing?
Because the one thing I wanted out of the WiiU was a Robot Alchemic Drive-style game using the two screens.
>>
>>14875400
Nope, it's single screen only. If you see the commercial you can clearly see how it's not possible to use both at the time. We don't even know if the screen on the handheld is a touchscreen or not yet.
>>
>>14874358
They only said it was Tegra. We don't even know if it's the X1 and we know for sure it's not going to use garbage android drivers. No idea what framerate even the X1 could do in that environment.
>>
>>14875514
It'll choke to about 24fps when removed from the cradle.

Also the battery life will be ass.
>>
>>14875529
How will hooking it up to HDMI make it faster
How do you know how many frames it'll push under Nintendos OS with Ninty/Nvidia drivers
>>
>>14875514
Sheild used the k1 and the x1 m8.
Its more likely a modified x1 from what they have both said and shown. The streaming to tv is based on shadowplay which is the main reason it might be an x1.
>>
>>14875578
There's still room for it to be the X2, and plenty of room for it to be a custom version that the project is named for ("NX"). All I know is that I'm excited to see nvidias mobile chipsets do something unshackled by worst-case android environments. Tegra android games were impressive compared to OEM GPU chipsets but it was all too obviously immature.

I really can't stress how bad smartphone GPUs and drivers are enough. They're often outright broken.
>>
Pascal Tegra chips WHEN
>>
>>14870111
No, fuck YOU. Armored Core won't rise on a shitty console.
>>
>>14875560
How does HDMI charge the internal battery?

Anon do I have to write an essay on power consumption for devices or can I count on you to figure out for yourself that maybe the Switch has to be underclocked when it isn't tethered to a wall outlet so that the battery lasts for more than 3 hours?
>>
>>14875618
>automatic undercooked
Source on that and the power draw of the chipset please
Oh and battery capacity
>>
Why does this feel like a Nintendo shill thread?
>>
>>14875529
>24fps when removed
Considering that in the trailer you can see noticeable frame drops on BotW and the NBA game, I think 24 is a lofty goal and it might not even hit that high on battery.
>>
>>14875655
24 is usually the point where wonky framerate begins to be universally observable if it isn't obfuscated by heavy display ghosting.

God bless the PSP's screen for being just the right amount of shitty in the right places.
>>
>>14875634
What is this /v/? A new console means new mecha games, dude. We're just excited about the possibilities.
>>
>>14875752
Considering a camera which captures video at 24 fps showed frame drops and skips of those two games, it leads me to believe games as graphically demanding or with that many objects on screen cause the switch to run sub 24 fps when removed from the cradle.
>>
>>14875655
>>14875752
>>14875877

The footage in the trailer isn't real time though. There are some shots showing that the image is just super-imposed on the console's screen. So, the frame issue there are likely just due to video-editing rather than really showcasing the console's limits.
>>
>>14875900
Considering how they fucked up that one scene letting people clearly see how it was superimposed, I think that's a good assumption. Probably had to rush the video out or something.
>>
>>14875919
Must've been a major punt by the interns, who has ever heard of a bullshot that lowballs system performance?

That's like the inverse of a bullshot.
>>
>>14875919
I could believe that considering they have stated there will be no more news about the Switch until next year, so this could have just been to get SOMETHING out there.
>>
>>14875583
Nvidia already said it was a custom make.
>>14875963
>>14875900
This is exactly what it is. They haven't finished work on their custom chip and there is enough evidence to believe that this is a display of their final concepts. We know most of the strengths and weaknesses of the chip architect, or at least enough to guess it which is all they really need to put out.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.