[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/edia that impacted you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>watching Patlabor 2 when you're a young burgerfat growing up post-9/11
>>
>>14869034
I can't think of a defining example but for the most part I feel like /m/ itself & most mecha anime with its anti-war sentiments (particularly Gundam) influenced me transforming from an edgy 12 year old /b/tard into a somewhat more socially/politically aware adult.

Thanks, /m/. If it wasn't for you I'd probably be voting for Trump.
>>
>>14869969
But Clinton is the pro-war ticket.
>>
>>14869969
>Trump must be objectively wrong to everyone I meet
>just because he's wrong in my opinion
Ah yes, you're quite the socially/politically aware 'adult'.
>>
GAS THE REDPILLS.

POL WARS NOW.
>>
>>14869034
Digimon made me reach a level of autism I have never recovered from, and I don't regret it.

Also Escaflowne and Goemon sparked my fascination with Japan. I saw Digimon before Escaflowne but it didn't quite register to me as being different from American cartoons like Escaflowne did. I miss Fox kids, it was my gateway into anime.
>>
>>14870014
Never said I was voting for Clinton

>>14870054
He's a shit candidate for objective reasons, namely the fact that he isn't even qualified for the job. But go on about how we need to build a wall and ban the muslims.
>>
>>14870092
He's qualified by all the qualifications our constitution sets forth.
>>
>>14870014
You can make the argument that a no-fly zone will inevitably lead to war, and I don't trust her rhetoric when it comes to Russia, both as a way to deflect criticism and, possibly, to soften the public up for future escalations. But she hasn't outright stated that she intends to go to declare war once elected, so I think calling her the pro-war ticket is on par with calling Trump the racism ticket.

I honestly think a Trump presidency would lead us into more wars, and more damaging wars, albeit in more unpredictable ways. Simply by causing instability in multiple regions, abandoning current allies, letting Russia expand its influence unchecked, pissing people off and getting pissed off. That is, if the rest of the federal government would allow him to do what he wishes, which while a small probability, isn't small enough for me to not vote against him.

>>14870054
And you're putting words into that anon's mouth. Besides, being openminded doesn't mean you don't stand by what you believe in and argue against other people's beliefs. If I think one candidate is preferable to another, it would almost be hypocritical not to share my thoughts with other people and try to change their minds, so long as I'm not being divisive.
>It's about understanding the will of others, and believing in your own.

I don't think my political attitudes were much different before I watched /m/echa, but it sure as hell reinforces those attitudes.
>>
>>14870146
>putting words into anon's mouth

If anon knows the controversiality of his comment, then he knows that he's asking to be argued with over politics. Considering that we are on a discussion board for fictional giant robots, this doesn't reflect well on his status as "socially aware adult".

If he doesn't know the controversiality of his comment, then he must be incredibly politically naive.

Keep in mind that anon was the first poster on this topic and brought up election politics out of nowhere. 'Defending' your beliefs does not equate to anally spewing them onto every unrelated subject and message board you can find. It means defending them to people who want to hear a defense, and allowing them to reciprocate their actions. Shutting up and ignoring controversial, off-topic issues is not 'hypocrisy' in the slightest, it's common parlance in 21st century conversation.
>>
>>14870281
I see your point. But OP mentioned burgerfat and 9/11, so we had already entered the realm of touchy American topics. And even if others are guaranteed to lose their shit once a certain subject is mentioned, maybe the only sin was committed by the first person to lose their shit, not the person who first mentioned the subject. It's different if the person was motivated only by shit-stirring, I guess.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.