[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this What does /m/ think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 5851l.jpg (158KB, 434x600px) Image search: [Google]
5851l.jpg
158KB, 434x600px
Just finished this

What does /m/ think of it?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 552x532px
Has anyone seen the live action original?
>>
>>14868090
I loved the animated series, but haven't read the manga yet. Is the ending as messed up?>>14869042
It's cheesy 70s Toku, if you don't mind that It's worth watching.
>>
I love everything Kikaider but the manga remake.
>>
>>14869042
It's a live action hero show of of its day, for good or for bad. Cool transformation sequence.
>>
File: tokujiro.png (332KB, 638x496px) Image search: [Google]
tokujiro.png
332KB, 638x496px
>>14869042
The second half of the 01 series is surprisingly close in tone to Ishinomori's manga. But not because of the Kikaider brothers, but Bijinder and Waruder. It's worth watching for them alone. They're actually better characters there than in the manga.

On the other hand... Live Action Jiro is the complete opposite and he's not very likeable for me.
>>
File: img000226.jpg (581KB, 1159x1650px) Image search: [Google]
img000226.jpg
581KB, 1159x1650px
>>14869248
>Is the ending as messed up?
>>
>>14869575
Anime take on this is the same one. Watch Kikaider vs Inazuman: The Boy with the Guitar for the after-story.
>>
>>14869555
Interestingly, sequels to stand-alone live-action Ishinomori shows tended to be better than their first series, particularly Inazuman (though Akumaizer 3 apparently suffered from this).

>>14869783
>Kikaider vs Inazuman: The Boy with the Guitar
>Bandai Entertainment saved a space just for it on the chipboard DVD box
Kind of a pity they didn't get around to that.
>>
>>14869875
To be honest, both Akumaizer 3 and Daitetsujin 17 suffered from pretty mediocre second halves. And they both started off so great. Honestly, I blame Goranger, it showed them how they could make shows as cheap as possible with barely any effort and suddenly turn into a hit. Really, Goranger is probably the weakest of all Ishinomori/Toei series and has one of the laziest endings I ever saw. The last battle was made entirely of stock footage and sloppy editing, you can tell they didn't care. And then JAKQ suffered the same fate as Akumaizer and Daitetsujin. The only shows that remained great from beginning to end were possibly just Zubat and Inazuman Flash.
>>
>>14869875
>>Bandai Entertainment saved a space just for it on the chipboard DVD box
I heard the japanese DVD Box actually had a new cut of the last Kikaider 01 episode with some redone animation and everything. But it was never uploaded online.
>>
>>14869959
On the bright side, D17 did get to shine in Fourze and not get butchered nearly as much as the Akumaizers.
>And then JAKQ suffered the same fate as Akumaizer and Daitetsujin.
Given that, it's a wonder they got Sentai brought back after Spider-Man's success encouraged them to shove giant robots into things.
>The only shows that remained great from beginning to end were possibly just Zubat and Inazuman Flash.
Even then, Zubat expects you to hold up your suspension of disbelief for the silly things Hayakawa regularly does. Pretty cool overall, but still silly.
>>
>>14870009
>Given that, it's a wonder they got Sentai brought back after Spider-Man's success encouraged them to shove giant robots into things.

It was hardly a franchise of its own back in the day. Even Ninja Captor was considered part of the "Sentai" genre and it aired alongside Goranger. Spiderman was not even that successful, it actually got worse ratings than JAKQ, but the Leopardon toy sold pretty well. Battle Fever recycles so many Goranger scripts it's unbelievable. It's another case of Toei just being lazy again. Fortunately, Denziman in the next year turned out great and they finally got the formula right. And without paying royalties to Ishimori Pro on top of that.

>Even then, Zubat expects you to hold up your suspension of disbelief for the silly things Hayakawa regularly does. Pretty cool overall, but still silly.

Suspension of disbelief it's pretty much an requirement to get into this kind of show. At least Zubat remains consistent during the entire run.
>>
>>14870096
>Fortunately, Denziman in the next year turned out great and they finally got the formula right. And without paying royalties to Ishimori Pro on top of that.
Here's to hoping Rampage can get to subbing that sometime this decade.

>>14869983
You'd think someone would have done that by now, it's as elusive an objective as getting good Astro Boy 2003 and Cyborg 001 subs.
>>
>>14868090

what did YOU think of it
>>
File: image.jpg (274KB, 750x1133px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274KB, 750x1133px
>>14870123
I like it. It has great art by 1970s standards and is overall very fun. There's some unintended humor for me like in pic related and that scene where jiro was talking really angrily to a guy trying to kill him and then making him able to walk is my favourite scene in the manga. The ending is batshit tho
>>
>>14870113
>You'd think someone would have done that by now, it's as elusive an objective as getting good Astro Boy 2003 and Cyborg 001 subs.

It's really not the best time for Ishinomori's properties as a whole. Not only there's an overall lack of interest, Ishimori Pro seems especially difficult to work with, expecting some huge sales overseas to the point it's impossible to satisfy their expectations. There's not much to look forward to at all, except maybe for those crap looking CGI Cyborg 009. That said, I saw some japanese fans hoping the Kikaider anime will eventually get a Blu-Ray release. But that's probably low priority for Bandai Visual as not even the Kikaider Figuarts made it into retail, being released only as web exclusives. And then Kikaider Reboot was yet another financial disappointment for them.

As for the 009 2001 series, the situation is possibly even worse. I don't get the mentality of the japanese fans at all. The show is possibly the greatest adaptation any fan could ask, but there's very little interest to it in recent years. In one interview, Masato Hayase (former Ishinomori's assistant and one key member of the Ishimori Pro staff) said he didn't care much for that version, saying it stayed way too close to the original and there's no reason for it to exist if people could still go ahead and read the original. That really shocked me. Apparently, the 1979 series is a favorite among the japanese fans. I consider it the weakest of all 009 TV anime, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>14868090
I don't like it
>>
>>14870338
But I do.
>>
>>14870338
But I do
>>
>>14870560
But he does.
>>
>>14870463
>>14870560
Okay, but I don't like it
>>
>>14870616
That's okay, but I do.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.