[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guren Lagann.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: 2672532523.jpg (116KB, 773x960px) Image search: [Google]
2672532523.jpg
116KB, 773x960px
There's many reasons why Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann sucks, but I'm only going into a bit of this. Here are a few
1. Let's start with the fanbase, oh boy the fanbase. No, this anime is not a masterpiece, it never will be; shut the hell up. In no way is this a master piece, you Idiots remind me of the Evangelion fanbase claiming it's the same crap.
2. The story: Wow, simple much. Omg the established antagonist is so evil..oh wait, there's a greater evil who is now the established antagonist. Get broken mech, get former established antagonist to drill it and save humanity. Then established protagonist gets married to established protagonists' girlfriend and she was part of the evil peeps so she evaporates...Yawn.
3. IT'S A GETTER ROBO RIPOFF, READ GETTER ROBO AND SEE WHAT I MEAN! IT RIPS OFF EVERYTHING GETTER ROBO DID, THE GALATIC ROBOT, THE DRILLS, THE "EVOLUTION IS POWER" MOTIF.
4. The characters: Here are the characters as followed
Fanservic- I mean Yoko.
Simon
Kamina
You know what, I don't care. Just know one of the characters has a crossword puzzle piece for pupils which is a failure attempt to be "unique".
5. It's overrated; this ties in with number one but deserves a little section. Every fool that watches this horrid piece of shit gives it a 10/10. Go watch something that has way better character development and/or something that actually has meaning (Going by the logic of this anime, it'll get you killed; but who cares).
6. YOKO IS 14 AND SHE'S A FUCKING SEX SYMBOL IN THE COMMUNITY.
7.Also did I mention the anime has a LOT of Childish things mixed in with fanservice? YES.
>>
You tried
>>
>>14867796
give /a/ a try

we all hate TTGL here so your post has no effect
>>
>1. Let's start with the fanbase, oh boy the fanbase. No, this anime is not a masterpiece, it never will be; shut the hell up. In no way is this a master piece, you Idiots remind me of the Evangelion fanbase claiming it's the same crap.
What does this have to do with the actual show itself? Oh thats right NOTHING
>The rest
It doesn't even make sense you type like you haven't slept in a week fuck off
Getter is good and so is Gurren. Go back to to >>>/2008/
>>
You can't fool me Dino-scum, I know this is all part of your plot to turn GL and Getter against eachother
>>
I think it`s a mediocrely good anime. Nothing to fawn over,but it has its' good moments. Also saying Eva is shit,only proves how shitty taste you have.
>>
It's really funny how I haven't seen a 10/10 fucking masterpiece thread about TTGL in months if not years, but there's someone making a thread ranting about how it's shit how dare people like it every three days.
Are we sure it's the fans who are awful?
>>
>>14867796
I will never trully get why people get so triggered about this show, for me it was the one to spark my interest in mecha genre, I'm no expert (yet) but I'm making my way through all Gundam series and I also have watched other mecha shows because of this one, you should be thankful because if it wasn't because of this show a lot of people would not even try this genre making it even more dead than it already is.

Also half of your points don't even make sense i guess you are just another retard.
>>
Meh, I like TTGL. No, it's not really THAT good. But it's fun. I'm getting old and these days all I want is something fun to look at.
>>
>>14867823
I don't hate TTGL. I think it's a great love letter to mecha anime.
It's just vastly inferior to FLCL.
>>
>>14868509
>I think it's a great love letter to mecha anime.
Ehhhh I think it's a bit overrated in that regard. It's less a love letter and more a nonstop string of homages, references, copying animation, and sometimes can border plagiarism. Ultimately I thought it was a fun show that had a strong first half and a very weak second half. It's a fun ride but it's not something I feel can hold up on repeat watches or when held under much scrutiny. It's 6/10 which is the hallmark of Imaishi's work.
>It's just vastly inferior to FLCL.
I can agree with this.
>>
>>14867796
>judging something based on its fanbase
Also Yoko is worst girl and least attractive character.
>>
Yo quiero taco bell
Getter robo
>>
>>14867831
>>14867838
>>14868550
someone post the hilarious getter spic comics please
>>
>>14867796
Gonna save this for pasta use later, if it's not already. Thanks anon and hope you have a good thread
>>
>>14867796
>1. Let's start with the fanbase, oh boy the fanbase
stop reading there
>>
>it's a great love letter to mecha anime
This is becoming a very suspect phrase
TTGL is the only anime people associate this phrase with
>>
>>14868764
I think other shows are much better love letters. Gun x Sword feels like a better example, like how all types of mechs show up or the El Dorado 5 being the ultimate send up to ALL Gattai series.
>>
>>14868816
This guy.
This guy fuckin' gets it.
>>
>>14868823
My amigo

I wonder if the most true to life send up to Gattai Mecha was intentional: they made them Mexican. Which despite the meme legitimately loves that shit, look how popular power rangers and sentai is over on latam.
>>
>>14868838
Don't forget hot bloodednesss!
Anyway, as a Mexican, I can confirm this.
>>
>>14867796
Stop shitposting xpearse
>>
>>14868889
I have Mexican family so I know a fair bit about Mexican weeb culture like how the holy Trinity of anime is arguably Digimon, DBZ, and Los Caballeros Del Zodiacos. Don't know if toner generations care as much about Digimon or if Naruto claimed that spot officially.

When it comes to Mecha it's mainly just Toei stuff, Tetsujin/Gigantor (can't remember if that's Toei right now), and the toonami stuff.
>>
>>14868900
>toner generations
Younger generations*
>>
>>14867796
Fanbase ruin everything
>>
>>14867796
gurren lagann isn't perfect.

because perfection isn't giant robots, jiggling breasts and hot bloodness.

perfection is the shonen anime.
>>
File: 1472159084884.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
1472159084884.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
>>14871521
>because perfection isn't giant robots, jiggling breasts and hot bloodness.
>perfection is the shonen anime.
What does this even mean?
>>
>>14871533
i speak weird.

it means gurren lagann sucks and shonen anime like fairy tail is the best.
>>
>Let's start with the fanbase, oh boy the fanbase
I will never understand hating something because of its fanbase, because if we are to hate it based on the people who like it we will always end up not liking anything

I will also never understand all the hate TTGL gets, its nothing new or ground breaking, bitching about childish shit in a super robot show is somehow even more childish though

Shits sad m8
>>
File: haha no.jpg (16KB, 424x244px) Image search: [Google]
haha no.jpg
16KB, 424x244px
>>14871542
>fairy tail is the best
>>
>>14871554
i wasn't serious i actually adore gurren lagann and hate fairy tail.

but why do some people hate gurren lagann?.
>>
File: 1476848647315.png (195KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
1476848647315.png
195KB, 392x366px
>>14871542
>shonen anime like fairy tail is the best.
You could not have picked a faster way of invalidating your critical opinion. I don't even think TTGL is particularly noteworthy but it's better than Fairy Tail, mainly because that is seeing the bar extremely low.
>>
>>14871560
Same reason most shit is hated on /m/, just to be a contrarian faggot, its clearly aping a bunch of classical robot chicches and making homenages out of the ass but the only thing people latch on is Getter energy because its famous, you don't see people screaming their heads of about the faces on the mecha and saying they ripped another anime
>>
>>14867796
>>14871566
The writer of GL said he copied Ishikawa/Getter Robo. Get over it.
>>
You know what's more fun than shitting on Gurren Lagann around people who love it?
Praising Gurren Lagann around people who hate it.
>>
>>14871693
No, he said he based himself on Getter, does this somehow makes everything nonexistent? Does this mean everyone who rips off eva do not make anything good? Why are you americans so obssessed with this?
>>
>>14871720
Not him but the amount aped directly from Getter and kinda just dumbed down arguably pushes it to near plagiarism at points. That's why that interviewer just asked if TTGL was exposed to Getter rays because Ishikawa's influence is very obvious.
>>
>>14871720
>does this somehow makes everything nonexistent?
No and I never implied that. But Getter is undoubtedly the biggest influence on GL. This is no secret and the writer doesn't attempt to hide it. He was involved with Getter Robo and its his favorite series.
>Does this mean everyone who rips off eva do not make anything good?
I never said this either. Most people don't think that. The only time Getter is brought up is when TTGL fans talk about how it's so original or turned the mecha genre on its head etc.
>Why are you americans so obssessed with this?
Why are you bringing nationality into this? You're an idiot and I wouldn't be surprised if you were a certain moron from ireland.
>>
File: WillKnife_Evoluder.png (227KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WillKnife_Evoluder.png
227KB, 640x480px
>>14871730
Such as using a green energy source that causes the things that use it evolve? Fucking really? Next you're going to tell me fighting aliens who want to destroy humanity for nebulous reasons was created by Getter
>>
>>14871720
He's just saying that TTGL isn't original, and fuck the fans for saying it. Whether the show is actually good or not is a topic for another debate.

Fantards think that originality automatically makes something good.

Even Getter itself was inspired by earlier series.
>>
>6. YOKO IS 14 AND SHE'S A FUCKING SEX SYMBOL IN THE COMMUNITY.
Yes, and?
>>
>>14871850
the legal rights of fictional people matter to retards
>>
Only American Narutards think it isn't shit.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm491534

>Comments: "Disgusting" "Ripoff" "Wasn't that bad, but it's easy to tell how old people who say it's really good are" "stay the fuck out of SRW please" "The best robot anime were in the 80's" "Isn't the believe in me who believes in you thing a ripoff of Kamen Rider 555?"

>"The so-called hotblood was too aimed for and badly written" "Throwing together tropes doesn't make a good show" "Only children like this rubbish" "I honestly found it boring" "Fake hotblood" "People say it's a homage but it's just a ripoff" "I don't think it's a ripoff, but the supposed hotbloodedness felt all wrong" "This is a parody right?"
>I hate how the retards who like this tend to make fun of the shows it's an homage to
>>
>>14871828
>implying GGG doesn't have references to Getter
>>
>>14871883

>online comments sections
>>
>>14871887
It references mostly to saint seiya actually, the creator even admited to this since he said he likes it very much but people don't scream at him for ripping off the golden armor thing from there
>>
>>14871994
Between that and G Gundam, homaging Saint Seiya (not simply imitating the boy crew formula like Wing and Chouja Raideen did) seemed like a common thing to do among creators back then.
>>
>>14871994
GGG has references to lots of stuff.
>the golden armor thing
Gai's design is based on Jushin Lyger and they even have the same hair grab sequence. Back to Mexico with you.
>>
>>14871828
There is much more than just that which I would say it's copied/dumbed down by TTGL. But we have discussed on this board how much TTGL copies Getter pretty much every one of these threads, do we really have to go over it again? I mean even Imaishi openly admitted that his work is heavily influenced by Getter.
>>
>>14868509
Fulli Culli is meh
>>
>>14867796
Do you realize how awfully retarded you sound ?
Are you 14 ?
>>
>>14872027
It doesn't matter how much proof you have, how many interview you cite or how obvious it is. Trolls will be trolls. This shit has been going on for NINE years.
>>
>>14872081
That's why I'm not indulging it and going into this again. I mean the fact he's using a series that came WAY after Getter was first penned shows to attempt to prove me wrong proves his stupidity.

I wonder if this is the same underage shitposter who I have gotten him to admit or point out how little anime he's watched, proving he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, and then proceeded to delete those posts. Or maybe it's a small group of underage /V/ and /pol/ goers. I remember like a week ago some avatarfag was on here shitting up threads and acting like some official voice when he openly admitted he was 16 and came from /b/.
>>
>>14872025
I want you to look into that game Taiga and Hyuma starred, they even fucking had armors and everything there again, the character creator said he was fan of SS
>>
Are you proud of yourself, /m/? Now Pablo thinks getterfans are being mean to him, brace yourself for spicposting for the next 3 weeks.
>>
>>14872081
>>14872096
>>14872027
Wait, so I'm trolling because I'm saying that in japan varous authors keep referecing each other in their works? I guess that must mean Rahxephon is a piece of shit that should be hated by everyone including Anno, for fuck sake thisis why I hate when people think just saying a work took something from another work is enough to hate it and disregard everything

And the best part is that just asking for what else got lifted from there equates me with a troll, fucking amazing
>>
>>14872165
>I hate when people think just saying a work took something from another work is enough to hate it and disregard everything
He never said that.

He's just saying that people who like something shouldn't automatically assume it's original because they never saw something like that before.
>>
>>14872181
And I'm pointing out that here on /m/ at least this is not something that happens outside of of bating faggots, if he is using youtube comments to say it happens then there is a whole other problem taking place
>>
>>14872145
I've watched that already. Nothing about them having armors and the creator liking Saint Seiya negates anything about Gai's design being based on Jushin Lyger. Are you daft?
>>
>>14872193
If he hates it, what makes you think it's because of the references?
>>
>>14872165
That's not what you're saying, you are trying to diminish known influence on the series by handwaving it away and posting an image of a series also admittedly with influence by the same source. You are trying really hard to make light of what is legitimately a pillar of the Mecha genre with strawman, moving goal posts, exaggerations, and sometimes lies if you are who i think you are.

No one you are responding to is saying TTGL is bad, we are just saying it's not original and for some that affects their enjoyment while others it does. Don't play a victim or some truth seeker the evil /m/ is trying to silence, you just are talking out of your ass and no one is buying it.
>>
>>14872199
Are you? The original post was about how it reference a bunch of SS shit and then you pointed out that Gai was based on Liger trying to somehow disqualify my point for some stupid reason

Did your mother feed you fucking lead or something?
>>
>>14872222
>while others it does
Does not*
>>
Despite TTGL being a homage to Getter, I still didn't like anything post Kamina. The last episodes dragged on far too long, and it got boring as fuck.

If one is seeking super robo homage anime, I think stuff like Gaiking LODM and Godannar are much better at keeping the spirit than TTGL.
>>
>>14872226
You implied Gai's armor was based on Saint Seiya. I corrected you because his design is actually based on Jushin Lyger. You got mad. Get rekt.
>>
At least we got time skip Yoko.
>>
>>14867796
Well, that's certainly one opinion of events.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.