[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tiga Terrible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: tiga warning.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tiga warning.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
I'm 9 episodes in to Tiga and so far each episode has had the same plot. Monster appears, attempt to fight monster, fail, Tiga beats it at the end. Is every episode going to be like this?

Also this is my first Ultra series after being a huge Kamen Rider fan, what Ultra seasons would you reccomend for a KR fan?
>>
>>14865874
Watch Gaia or Nexus if you don't like episodic stuff.
>>
My buddy and me are slogging through it. We were enjoying it At first but 20 eps in and its becoming painful. It doesnt help that the entoie cast is interchangeable. Daigos the most boring fucking guy in the world. And t really doesnt help theres barely any TIGA wrestling mknsters.

Tho here have beeen a few standout episdoes that were pretty tight. I remember the one ep wjere tiga shrinks to human size and fights dudes at night was great.
>>
I tried watching it 3 years ago. I got episode 11 and thought it was boring as hell. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.
>>
Ultraman is not for your average Kamen Rider/Sentai fans. It's slow-moving, more sci-fi oriented and treats Ultraman more like a gimmick. It was never meant to be an action-packed show (but there was stuff like Leo, Ginga S or X if that's what you want to see). It was envisioned as an Anthology series and the main original character (Hayata) was meant to be only an average guy, not a hero-type character. But like said before, some series tried the overreaching plot format, like Gaia and Nexus. If you can't get into Tiga, those might be more up to your alley.
>>
>>14865874
I think Tiga has a very strong first few episodes. But many of the episodes following tend to have no overarching narrative so it comes off as monster per week. The best episodes of the show are the first few and the last few episodes because only those have an actual plot.

I would recommend Nexus if you're coming off from Kamen Rider, especially because Ultraman is usually all about watching guys in rubber suits wrestle in nicely made miniature cities more than it is about the story.

Then again, if my taste is any indication, the riders I like the most are Kuuga and Agito, while the Ultras I like the most are Tiga and Nexus.
>>
>>14865874
To be fair, while not plot-related, some of the one-off episodes are good. The one paying homage to the first show is a particularly neat one.

>>14865917
On the subject of Gaia, someone finally put it on Nyaa: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=837789
>>
>>14865874
> Monster appears, attempt to fight monster, fail, Tiga beats it at the end. Is every episode going to be like this?
Yes, it's an episodic show, so they are all gonna be something like that. It's all about how those individual stories are executed and the likability of the cast members which are pretty good. I had the same issues at first but I ended up liking it a lot.

>a huge Kamen Rider fan
Kamen Rider is an episodic franchise that pretends it's not, which is not a bad thing either but it's not really THAT different. Try X which is shorter, sorta more plot heavy and pretty fun too.

>>14866999
> The best episodes of the show are the first few and the last few episodes because only those have an actual plot.
You are wasting your time if you watch episodic shows for that.
>>
>>14867040
I did watch the complete series and did enjoy it. But I was just recommending what episodes would be worth it if they didn't find the middle portion enjoyable.
>>
>>14867057
Except you explicitly said the best episodes are the ones that go against how the very show is about.
>>
>>14867200
The first few episodes brought up his ancestry, then the Kyrieloid episodes brought up how the Ultramen were the protectors of humanity in the past, then they touched up upon Daigo's ancestry with the Evil Tiga episodes and then wrapped it all up with the awakening of Gijera, Zoiger and finally, Gatanathoa. When I said these were the best episodes, I was pointing out that these were the ones with an overarching plot, and they are really my favourite episodes.

I don't dislike the middle portion, I actually enjoyed it immensely. But you seem to be getting that impression from me.

I was just recommending it this way since the OP was saying that he didn't really like the formulaic stuff which was what the show really was for the most part. A newcomer to Ultraman would either love it or hate it, so I'm just giving my opinion fampai.
>>
Tiga has a lot of great stand alone episodes. Ultraman in general doesn't do serialized stories but will present some fantastic one offs. My favorite episode is that one adapting a Stephen King book of all things.
>>
>>14867279
This too. One of the very enjoyable episodes was the one where the ship turned into an Alien on it's way to Jupiter and the crew was still inside the monster.

There was also one with a girl with a whistle and a mysterious monster.

Another one was the one with the old spirit who missed his village.

There are many episodes in Tiga which really stand out.
>>
>>14867268
>When I said these were the best episodes, I was pointing out that these were the ones with an overarching plot, and they are really my favourite episodes.
Yes, I'm noy denying that.

>But you seem to be getting that impression from me.
Because you said the best are the plot related ones, which means what you appreciate more are the plot related ones, while, to watch a show like this, that shouldnt be a critiera. But if you did enjoy the episodic stuff then at least you didnt waste your time, so I retract on that.
But it's still not a good criteria to judge an episodic show based on when it's not episodic. Specially if the non-episodic shows are as few as in Tiga's case.
>>
>>14867320
Yeah I see what you're coming from fampai. Overall the show still stands well especially with its stand out episode, so OP should just try to watch the entirety of it because those episodes are worth it.
>>
File: onevanishingnight2.jpg (109KB, 640x1341px) Image search: [Google]
onevanishingnight2.jpg
109KB, 640x1341px
GOAT episode. OP, if you want fast paced Ultra, Leo and Max are probably your best bets. Hell, the original is kinda fast paced.
>>
I've been wanting to check out an Ultraman series for a while now...I love Godzilla and really enjoyed SOME Kamen Rider series (Kuuga, Agito, Blade, Drive, OOOs) while disliking others. I've been told that Nexus and the most recent Ultraman manga are the ones I would enjoy the most because of their tone...what are your recommendations? I don't mind guys in rubber suits fighting goofy monsters but I'd like for the plot & action to be as serious and well crafted as possible for these kind of shows.
>>
Ultraman is not exactly known for its arching stories. It's more Star Trek if anything. Shit happens in an episode, we resolve it, go on to the next one.
Nexus is about the only one that truly breaks tradition, so that's your pick if you want.
Gaia also has some overarching storylines, so that's also an option.

Otherwise you'd be disappointed if you're expecting a Rider-esque show. If you want more Rider like stuff, try Ryukendo or Tomica Rescue
>>
>>14865874
Didn't episode 4 have Shinjoh help defeat the monster by talking to the people trapped inside it?
>>
File: ult-nexus-justfighthere.jpg (212KB, 848x954px) Image search: [Google]
ult-nexus-justfighthere.jpg
212KB, 848x954px
>>14869136
>but I'd like for the plot & action to be as serious and well crafted as possible for these kind of shows.
I'm not sure if you can get what you'd want. Nexus gets brought up in having a lot of plot, but it also suffers from blatant cheapness with most of the fight scenes.
>>
>>14869249
Nexus was a great example of how you can do a lot more with less
Unlike some cough*Ginga*couch
>>
>>14865874
Tiga's amazing
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.