[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He did nothing wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: agrippa_837[1].jpg (57KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
agrippa_837[1].jpg
57KB, 225x300px
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>turn a
>le wacky antagonist #52353224

why is it so praised when it is obviously so shit?
>>
He's my favorite black guy in Turn A, besides Gym.
>>
>>14863642
Honestly outside of Gym and Merrybell (which, to be fair, are argubaly the most important ones), and Sweatson who was pretty much just a comic relief evil-piece-of-shit villain, I thought all of Turn A's antagonists were reasonably thought out
>>
>>14863653
How the fuck is Gym a black guy
>>
>>14863653
That fat asshole might be black. Not Gym though
>>
>>14863510
He just lost his grip on the situation
>>
>>14863642
What, have we finally stopped using IBO/G-reco/Zeta as easy bait?
>>
>>14863732
>>14863657
Don't reply to them.
>>
I really liked him as a character. Feels like Tomino finally got his chance to really depict a politician
>>
>>14863657
Gym was very very obviously a reference to IRL armchair generals and military Otaku
Raised for War in a society that hasnt had War in recorded memory? I mean come on shits obvious. He wanted his chance for MUH HONOR MUH GLORY
>>
>>14863660
>>14863666
Gym does have a giant afro minus the topknot, maybe he's just albino.
>>
>>14864063
Just because his behavior is mocking or commenting on something doesn't automatically make him a bad antagonist.
>>
>>14864064
Actually, I've heard the same thing claimed for Corin Nander, black albino. It is pretty funny to think of Gym as a black otaku in white or yellowface...

I just think of Gym as looking East Asian, the lazy result of him being a samurai. It was always pretty weird for me to think of the Final Boss of the Gundam multiverse being a wacky purple samurai who's never known real warfare and was only introduced two-thirds into the series. I'll never live that down, Guin should've been the Final Boss.

Guin's Counterattack film for 2019, Gundam 40th/Turn A 20th, please.
>>
>>14864079
>that brief bit in the end where Guin has a new look and sails off to new lands with Merrybell

They could do interesting things with him in a sequel
>>
>>14864093
Oh yes, yes they could!
>Gallia, Efrico, Ezia, I come from northern Ameria, where the Moonrace has already achieved total domination.
>It won't be long before they decide to invade your lands as well, but fear not, I have a plan—
>Once the Turn A is mass produced...
>>
>>14864079
>only introduced two-thirds into the series
IIRC, he was mentioned quite a few times early on in the series by the moonrace. Just didn't actually appear until the last third.
>>
>>14864164
Iirc the first time his surname is even mentioned is halfway through the series when Midgard states he's from the Ghinghnam Division, you're probably thinking of Agrippa
>>
>>14864184
Yeah, I remember Agrippa being mentioned as early as Corin's arrival on Earth. Agrippa had a lot of build-up. Especially with a name like "Agrippa Maintainer".
>>
>>14864184
Oh right, I probably got them confused. My bad.
>>
>>14864069
I was trying to say he was a good antagonist
Learn to read reply chains
>>
Harry "empty my nine on the welfare line" Ord says otherwise
>>
>>14863653
Just this struck my mind that Dark History is actually about how terrible gundam and it's fandom is, and it's upto good fans to straight them up.
>>
>>14864340
>>
>>14864101

I don't really see what he could do. He might have seen the Turn-A, but he doesn't have it's plans for one thing, so mass production isn't really a possibility. Even if he had the plans it's not like it'd do much good on it's own, since any nation he went to with the plans would need the right technology to build the Turn-A, or any kind of simplified variant and even the Moonrace didn't appear to have that technology.

Any nation he came to power in would have to deal with both Ameria and the Moonrace if it wanted to be a global power and there's exactly zero chance either Lily or Kihel are going to let him have any kind of sway even if he did come to power since they know what to expect out of him and can just freeze him out of any large scale negotiations.
>>
>>14866661
Pretty sure he at least did have the plans, that's why when the Willgem was falling apart he still demanded the militia rush him to the factory instead of making an emergency landing (thus leading to the colonel finally kicking his ass out)
>>
>>14865268
>That one scene where several of the pilots notice Zakus or Zaku analogues in every era and proclaim their pride that no matter the conflict or era, Borjanons have always endured
>>
>>14866661
He'll probably search for mountain cycles in Europe.
>>
>>14863676
>lost his grip
Instead of
>Couldn't maintain his grip.
One job, guy.
>>
>>14863642
Because he has the same voice as Kouji?
>>
>>14866755
Right. Maybe Guin was going crazy then and wasn't thinking about how long it would take to produce a new Turn A, but I liked the idea that Mountain Cycle research had advanced enough that he just needed a reasonably-equipped factory to mass-produce Turn A units, with or without the Moonlight Butterfly.

If an industrial revolution could happen so quickly in Ameria, an industrial revolution could happen just as quickly in any of the unseen lands across the sea. In my fanfiction I imagine Guin gathering influence behind the scenes or under a new identity, so his resurgence takes Ameria and the Moonrace by surprise, even if they at least know that other countries are industrializing.
>>
>>14864079
>Corin albino

Definitely so. He has to be.
>>
>>14863510
Really?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.