[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: WD_NEGWT.jpg (362KB, 860x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WD_NEGWT.jpg
362KB, 860x1024px
Are the World Devastators as powerful as they potentially can be?
>>
>>14863427
remember that time when R2 fucked one so hard that it committed suicide by cannibalism?
>>
File: artoo sets his enemies on fire.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
artoo sets his enemies on fire.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>14863456
straight up thug
>>
Isn't the danger of them more of the fact that they can just shit out thousands of fighters with the resources they consume?
>>
File: Worlddevs.jpg (946KB, 1841x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Worlddevs.jpg
946KB, 1841x1498px
>>14863485
Pretty much. As built, they're less impressive than a Star Destroyer, but the fact that they can adapt and grow and add on to themselves and build a ton of stuff with those natural resources is what makes them a problem.
>>
>>14863596

Plus, they rip planets apart while that ripping being put to use.

Also I think you mean less impressive than a Death Star.
>>
>>14863427
>>14863427

Absurd EU nonsense. Im glad Disney deleted it all. The EU had some absurd power levels unfitting for the star wars universe. Glad its gone.
>>
>>14867518

Yeah, instead they replaced it with a cannon that can wipe out entire star systems, among other things.
>>
>>14867518
>>14867605
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous to hate machines that eat planets but cool with carving out a good percentage of one make a weapon.
>>
>>14867518
World Devatators are actually one of the better EU superweapon ideas. They're not completely overpowered like the Sun Crusher or Starkiller base and are essentially a weaponised application of adavanced SW universe construction technology (from the old EU at least where construction droids were shown to be using similar principles).
>>
>>14863596
>Less impressive than a star destroyer
>One of them eats a star destroyer
Yeah no, just one of these things can turn any imperial officer with half a brain into a nearly unstoppable warlord, which is why Palpatine had them all directly linked to control codes only he and later Luke had access to.
>>
File: 598465416548416.jpg (12KB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
598465416548416.jpg
12KB, 200x177px
>>14863427
No.

I was able to take it down fairly easily with my V-Wing.
>>
>>14867854
Considering that the comic had Wedge on the bridge of an ISD and later a Nebulon-B for the entire battle that mission is likely not canon.
>>
I hated a lot of the EU to be honest. It had a few good ideas, but overall it had no direction, and the power levels were too much. It was not consistent with the movies especially with superweapons. Superweapons are supposed to extremely rare. In the EU, there's too many of them all over the place. Plus I hated how every new character had to be an OP Jedi or Sith.
>>
>>14863596
I don't know anything about these things. So they're kinda like the Borg?
>>
>>14867878
Pretty much all of EU made before 2014 is no longer canon.

>>14868080
A lot of it was garbage, but there were some cool storylines. SotE is probably my favorite. Hopefully Disney would adapt it to the new canon.
>>
The best thing that Disney did with the Star Wars license is make the EU non canon. Most of it was embarrassing fan wank and the good parts they seem to be using anyway (like Thrawn.)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.