[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eureka Seven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: eureka_seven_205_1280.jpg (319KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
eureka_seven_205_1280.jpg
319KB, 1280x1024px
What does /m/ think of it?
>>
>>14859359
Watched it recently and I loved everything about it.
for the love of god, don't watch ao
>>
I think it's damn good.
>>
File: Eureka seveN OP 4 sakura.jpg (430KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka seveN OP 4 sakura.jpg
430KB, 1600x1200px
>>14859359
Eureka Seven is great, it really nails the feel of an adventure story.

I especially love watching anything with Yoshida's character designs, they have an element of a western cartoony feeling,
and his designs are perfect at capturing the personalities of the characters.

Everything looks really fluid too, and the weird choice to make surfing mecha really helps this because of how the battles flow so organically.

The setting was well done too, it felt really unique even though on paper it could've become very generic, but that's due to art direction, the OST, and some other factors that contributed to its overall quality.
>>
CHERRY BLOSSOM

CHERRY BLOSSOM
>>
>>14859458
i feel like this describes it so well.
>>
I watched it recently, it was good. The art and animation is top notch and the music is fantastic, as to be expected of a BONES production. Unfortunately also to be expected of a BONES production, the pacing drags itself out a bit too long. You could easily compress it into 36 episodes and not lose much of value. The story itself is a neat sci-fi adventure with some unique ideas and as far as romance in mecha anime goes it's one of the better ones. The characters are a lot more tolerable than I was led to believe and for the most part have decent reasons for acting the way they do, though that said E7 has some of the most annoying children characters in any mecha anime I've seen and that's fucking saying something. The dub was pretty good too though it took a few episodes for the actors to settle into their characters, especially Eureka's actress. I switched over to the sub a few times to get a comparison and what I heard there was good too.

tl;dr it's a good show with some pacing issues and would be a great gateway /m/ series
>>
>Eureka Seven "fan"
>hasn't read Blood Music
>thinks AO wasn't that bad
>>
File: disdain for plebs.png (62KB, 231x367px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.png
62KB, 231x367px
>>14859359
Newfag attarctor. Everyone who think its anything more than mediocre have never seen a mecha anime much like people who praise TTGL if that's to supers than E7 is to reals like these retards.
>>14859404
>>14859427
>>14859458
>>14859546
>>14859562
>>
>>14859359
Pretty much everything it did was done so much better in the shows it ripped off.
>>
>>14859588
I really need to get around to Gundam X, I've always felt an attraction towards this show's aesthetic and feel same for Victory
I watched the first episode years ago, but wanted to watch all of gundam up until that point first.

>>14859580
>E7 is to reals
I've never seen E7 as real, it's more of a super robot series where they just happen to apply super robots to military and everyday use.
>>
File: 1267054982167.jpg (29KB, 349x413px) Image search: [Google]
1267054982167.jpg
29KB, 349x413px
>>14859580
The easiest way to spot a newfag is he'll make a big deal about calling out newfags.
>>
>>14859359
Poor man's Gundam X.
>>
Why was Holland an asshole and Renton never broke his jaw?
>>
>>14859359
The limit of questions is the dumbest thing that I've ever heard, and it's made even dumber by the fact that nobody even questions how it's supposed to work, mechanically, or even just goes, "No, that's stupid and I don't believe you."
>>
>>14859912
Because Holland is a pedo and was jealous of Renton. I guess it just runs in the family.

>>14859917
From the clues given I got that it kinda functions like a black hole.
It seems like the Coralians absorb information as a physical form, so I guess when too much was gathered a black hole-like singularity would occur.
>>
>>14859912
Holland was being a child and running away from his responsibility.

And he was jealous that Eureka chose Renton instead of him.
>>
It's a good show but it tanks hard after Ray dies because it quickly crawls up its ass with boring metaphysics blabbering about aliens and space Buddhism or whatever after Ray bites it and only recovers from the stream of dull spiritual exposition at the end.
>>
>>14859359
>muh colorful robadz
> muh skateboard
shit tier
>>
>>14859588
What about these shows does it rip off? Never seen the green stuff or surfing mecha anywhere.
>>
It's a show that s*its the bed too early and also one that attracts a lot of hate from fans of other series most notably the gundam shows. Don't even bother trying to defend it, anyone can easily say it's garbage and if they know their stuff can destroy it pretty easily.
>>
>>14859458
>Eureka Seven is great, it really nails the feel of an adventure story.
This.
>>
>>14859588
Gundam X was shit though
>>
>>14860275
Pffft. Thats what plebs say. Its hard to get into thanks to the aged animation but it had a better story. You might fare better watching other gundam like 00.
>>
>>14860290
>better story
>ayy lmao talking light bub
face x-fag it's a shit story just like your life
>>
>>14860290
yeah gunam 00 definitely 10 times better tha X-shit
>>
>>14859917
Except its actually based on a real world theory why would anyone question something that had more or less been demonstrated to happen or did you forget how Sakuya was locked in a spatial distortion because a bunch of Coralians awakened near her?
>>
>>14860303
Oh yeah that's what made it possible for the coral to leave in the end IIRC.
>>
>>14859359
Take this comment from someone that followed the show for years and was hoping a lot of unexplained events were answered eventually. They never were, the movie didn't, the sequel didn't and these things will likely never will be explained. I've been trying to find a show with legitimate quality to replace it in my tops but haven't been able to. If the studio didn't care enough to make a quality show then I hope another one rips off the good things about it and succeeds it. I doubt it will happen but a viewer can hope.
>>
>>14859359
the movie and sequel were better
>>
>>14860379
LOL. The movie was terrible, worse than the romance in SAO. The sequel had a few screws loose like the secrets having awkward designs but at least that show didn't ignore its characters. I didn't like the boi much tho. A pretty lifeless character imo.
>>
>>14860395
>A pretty lifeless character imo.
I felt that Ao was just lost, he was living in a rapidly changing world and finding out about secrets a kid his age shouldn't need to.
And on top of that he went through 3 alt realities.

His character was pretty likeable in my opinion though, it was something a bit fresh since most mecha opt for the "whiny kid" archetype.
Ao felt really determined as the series went on and he had a clear intention, it's just a shame he was in such a mediocre show
>>
File: 1466518413280.png (79KB, 901x500px)
1466518413280.png
79KB, 901x500px
>>14860379
>>
>>14860395
cool mouth, does it talk with dialogue?
>>
File: E7.jpg (39KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
E7.jpg
39KB, 500x669px
Fine, I'll do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csvg2ZD2KvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAkxiPkxGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeihshSkCN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQgBJNX8Ys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDK2Vq4Atbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_-KzyZQc0
>>
I think E7 had no pacing problems at all and 50 episodes was just fine.
>>
>>14860511
Contrary to what a lot of people say, my favorite part of the show was the middle arc where Renton was just travelling across the planet by himself.
It was cool to get that view of their world and how people lived in it.
>>
>>14860509
If only the story was as good as its OST and everything else it had going for it. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Oh wait that reminds me of a lot of other shows that had the same problem. Anywho, I heard this show was only a venture for Bones after all the $ they had from FMA, go figure.
>>
Charles Beams is the best character in the show.
>>
>>14860515
Oh yeah that track alone in the wilderness was a good fit for his travels.
>>
>>14860542
Oh yeah he was great it's a shame we didn't get to see his past with greater detail.
>>
I got about 6 episodes in and dropped it. Shit was boring.
>>
>>14860814
Recommend entertaining series plz.
>>
>>14860820
Escaflowne and Southern Cross
>>
>>14861338
Escaflowne was aight, on the other hand I haven't seen Southern Cross. I'll look into the latter soon then. Thx.
>>
>>14860814
the sequel is better
>>
>>14859912
>>14860037

I actually thought Holland's arc was amazing and unique.

Here we have a guy who has given up EVERYTHING in order to protect Eureka and save the world. He got Eureka away from the military, he stole the Gekko, he founded Gekko State to spread the word and fight against the powers that be, he is an excellent pilot and he was given his mission from Master Norb himself.

And yet, for all of the work he has done, Eureka won't choose him to be the human emissary. But if Holland falters, the whole plan comes undone and the world is fucked. Holland has all of the responsibility of the Chosen One, but none of the power to actually solve the problem.

And who ends up being the Chosen One? The worthless kid of the guy who worked with Eureka before. So not only does he not get to be the chosen one like he has been busting his ass to be, and put his entire life on hold for, but the position goes to a guy who isn't even better than him in any recognizeable way, and for what feels like incredibly arbitrary reasons that make it clear that there is nothing Holland could have done to take his place.

So Holland lashes out, at first threatened by what Renton represents and then out of jealousy and anger once it becomes all but confirmed that Renton is the emissary. Its only after Holland is finally willing to accept that he isn't the one with the special destiny and he has to move on with his life with Talho that he really grows up.

I can't think of any other character in fiction that has that sort of arc.
>>
>>14859359

soundtrack was fantastic. romance a bit awkward as fuck at times, but overall the plot was quite good. i liked it.
>>
>>14861569
It was a joke anon.
>>
>>14861658
This. Holland wanted by all means to be THE hero, but that obsession nearly destroys him.
>>
>>14861658
>I can't think of any other character in fiction that has that sort of arc.
Found the newfag
>>
>>14861818

Care to share with the class?
>>
>>14859359
Binge-watched it a couple months ago, it has its flaws but overall I liked it a lot. Probably the best post-90s anime I've seen. I have no idea what was happening in the end though.
>>
The plot was the weakest aspect of the series. I liked Anemone and Dominic so much more than Renton, Eureka and their little crew of shitballs.

I'd give it a 6/10 but I still like it quite a lot.
>>
>>14859359
my favorite anime
>>
>>14859359

Loved the ost but the show felt too long it was so hard to get through just too many episodes.
>>
>>14860275
>believing Gundam X is anything less than pretty good

How does it feel to be a complete failure even when it comes to watching robot anime?
>>
>>14861569
>I haven't seen Southern Cross
it is unironically horrible even by 80s standards
>>
File: Holland_Novak.png (231KB, 550x480px) Image search: [Google]
Holland_Novak.png
231KB, 550x480px
Is he "our" guy?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.