[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Thunderbolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 47

File: 4353452.jpg (178KB, 864x1195px) Image search: [Google]
4353452.jpg
178KB, 864x1195px
So you expect me to believe that in U.C 0079, somewhere in space the Federation developed a Gundam that obviously surpasses the original Gundam shown in the original 0079, where, during this time the Federation considered it a miracle that they were able to develop the original in a time they needed it the most, where the Gundams they deployed in South East Asia, including Gundam Alex (you know, the one they developed just for the hell of it for the story it was being used for) moved like snails compared to this one.

As much as I like Gundam, especially UC, the powercreep just seems so inconsistent at times, especially when you take into account these "side stories".
>>
Thunderbolt is an AU you nerd.
>>
>>14857757
Don't forget about the RX-79 G gundams which they were able to mass produce on a limited scale

The thing about these is that they're all just variations on the original RX-78. Even as late as 0083 they're still using RX-78s. Zephrantes, Physalis and Dendrobrium were all just RX-78s.
FA-78 was also just an RX 78.

So the time needed to develop the "new gundams" are but a fraction of the time they needed to complete the original.

That being said, yeah FA-78 is portrayed as being pretty nimble compared to all the other RX-78s but
>It's in space
>The Psycho-Zaku is also pretty nimble

Most likely it's just the animators taking artistic liberties with the source materials because with a high production value like Thunderbolt you're gonna want to make the fights look cool, and you gotta make the robots super manueverable to do that usually when you're in space

If you want to see something more "realistic", go watch G-Saviour. People bitched and moaned so hard about how slow paced the battles are in that but you know what, I actually kind of liked it because for once it seems that we're actually aware that these are GIANT robots fighting other GIANT robots.
>>
>>14857757
The Gundam AU makes the "special" Star Wars AU look intelligent.
>>
File: FA-78_Full_Armor_Gundam.jpg (190KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
FA-78_Full_Armor_Gundam.jpg
190KB, 685x960px
If you stuck that many extra thrusters on the RX-78, it'd move just like the FA-78.

Just looking at it makes my skin crawl like trypophobia
>>
Gnudam Blunderdolt.
>>
File: AmuroIsTerrifying.webm (712KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AmuroIsTerrifying.webm
712KB, 640x480px
Who fucking cares. Considering everything seems to have extra maneuvering modules, call it a retelling. Of something never told before. A retoldening.
>>
>>14857757
>Gundam Alex (you know, the one they developed just for the hell of it for the story it was being used for)
?

It was developed with Amuro's newtype skills in mind (they didn't know shit about newtypes at that time, but it enhanced the pilot reactions or something along the lines) so it had a reason to be there, more than "lol new OVA new Gundam".

Also it was wrecked in the end and never deployed because the war ended a couple of days after that.

Now that I think about it, I can't remember which was the reason for the 08th MS to have their own Gundams, and that starts even eariler than Thunderbolt.
>>
File: latest-16.jpg (235KB, 403x700px) Image search: [Google]
latest-16.jpg
235KB, 403x700px
Its an AU technically. That is literally the thunderbolt version of regular UC's full armor gundam. The gms and guncannons you see are its gms and guncannons as well, not some special variant made just for that mission or something.

Their gm kai and guntank are pretty cool as well.
>>
>>14857773
>LOLOLOLOL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You're a fucking idiot.
Thunderbolt takes place in an alternate UC timeline. So for all intents and purposes it's an alternate universe, aka AU.
>>
>>14857838
>AU

I'm curious but where was this stated exactly? Not sure about the others but I honestly must've missed it
>>
>>14857848
Thats only true of the manga. Sunrise changed or left things out of the anime adaptation to fit in
>>
>>14857877

I don't recall anything that says Thunderbolt is an AU. People will say it is to rationalize how the Thunderbolt suits seem way ahead of the tech curve for its time period, and the fact that they're throwing all these jazzed up suits to a place that probably has little tactical value compared to, say, Solomon or A Baoa Qu.
>>
>>14857773
>LOLOLOLOL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
reddit?
>>
>>14857902
Why do the non Thunderbolt sector forces still have Thunderbolt sector equipment?
>>
>>14857918
>Thunderbolt
>throwing all these JAZZED up suits

I see what you did there
>>
>>14857923
Because they are throwing everything they have to fight. Even the ceremonial zaku is used even though there is no medal ceremony happening.
>>
>>14857773
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>14857790
Hell, even propellant tanks are armored.
>>14857838
>thunderbolt version
It always seemed like field modification for me. Environment calls for better armor, just add readily available shields on crude looking manipulators. More firepower? Bolt on more guns.
Federation suit in Thunderbolt look rather crude and not purposely built.
>>14857959
Also, this.
>>
Look, the mango is obviously out there, but nothing in the anime disqualifies it from fitting snugly into the UC Continuity.
>>
>>14857835
08th MS used leftover parts and materials from the design and production of the original Gundam, so the Ground types only used the new wonder material in key locations. That's why the machines rack up so much superficial damage, and why repairs are mostly jury-rigged towards the end like on Karen's "GM-head".
>>
Thunderbolt is alternate modern UC, one where Zeon might win.
>>
>>14857757
The Gundam itself isn't even the worst part. You're also expected to believe that the EFSF gave this monster Gundam to a unit in a debris field whose highest ranking pilot was just an ensign with a REVENGE boner.
>>
>>14858065
How is that bad? The EFSF sold a fucking colony to Char in CCA, they are corrupt jews.
>>
>>14858065
not just any ensign, he was fucking the captain and had connections in the government/military
>>
>>14858070
And corporations...
>>
File: 1424588285614.jpg (301KB, 740x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1424588285614.jpg
301KB, 740x1008px
>>14857757
Which is why thunderbolt is not considered in canon with the rest of the series. No one expects you to believe anything.
>>
I only watched December Sky but I really hated the scene at the end where they tried to tie it up with the original Gundam. "Oh no, here comes Zeong, that goofy 70's suit without legs, you better watch out!" That was the worst part of the movie.
>>
File: Zeong_Thunderbolt.jpg (528KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
Zeong_Thunderbolt.jpg
528KB, 1200x848px
>>14857877
>>14857918
Because the events depicted in Thunderbolt flagrantly contradict a lot of the main canon. 08th plays fast and loose with the timeline but still tries to tie itself to it, Thunderbolt literally doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>14857983
someone else finely gets it
>>14858208
kill yourself
>>
>>14857877
The manga at points shows shots of known battles of the OYW with the Thunderbolt versions of the suits rather than the originals. The conflict also continues way beyond the OYW itself.

This is all about the -manga- though. Aside from the usual tech inconsistencies, the anime lacks all the stuff that pushes Thunderbolt into AU territory.
>>
>>14858385
The latter OVA (if they happen) will.

Mass-produced fucking Zeongs.
>>
So please, kind anons, when you say thunderbolt is an AU, show me proof. Considering the official website says UNIVERSAL CENTURY that takes place in the current accepted timeline. Why is everyone so stubborn about accepting this series? It takes place RIGHT AFTER SOLOMON FELL so there are SIX DAYS.

And maybe, just maybe, it could be said that Io was a better pilot. He is older than Amuro after all and has more experience than a kid who was in a Gundam for about three freaking months.
>>
>>14858385

Even if people try saying the suit designs dont work, the coverings on the joints have been explained as protection for the debris regions.
>>
File: 1468725450191.jpg (451KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468725450191.jpg
451KB, 1694x1200px
>>14857877
Author interview confirmed he was given the go ahead to play fast and loose with the setting without worrying about contradicting things from the animated timeline.

Give me like 8 hours to get home and I should be able to pull the link for you.

Other than that there are things like operation british and A baoa qu with the thunderbolt style ms and like half of zeon's army refused to surrender after the war ended and still hold ground in the pacific ocean and parts of asia more than a year later. Also the MS's model numbers and names are the same as the original ones, so they aren't variant.
>>
File: glasses.png (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.png
110KB, 1000x1000px
>so retarded you couldnt figure out it was AU UC
>>
>>14858603
a bou qu was captured and not blown up. muh buddist monks. no titans
>>
>>14857918
>and the fact that they're throwing all these jazzed up suits to a place that probably has little tactical value compared to, say, Solomon or A Baoa Qu.

Actually thunderbolt covers A baoa qu, and the battle is full of the thunberbolt ms without a vanilla gm or zaku or gelgoog in sight.

And the OVA left it out, but in the manga the battle in the thunderbolt sector had a secret extreme importance kept from the brotherhood in case they were captured and is the reason that they were so generously supplied. They needed the area cleared out as it's the secret "back door" orbital path that the EF fleet used to sneak up on A baoa qu. The EF threw the brotherhood into the area because they had the motivation and reason to be there so it wouldn't look suspicious.
>>
>>14858607
They're on all the designs, even guntank and gouf.
>>
>>14858603
Just read the manga you dingus You can't tell from the OVA at all and I originally assumed the designs were meant to be specific to that field of operation, but in the manga they blatantly show you that ALL of the Federation forces are using the Thunderbolt designs (the little manipulator arms holding shield, double beam weapon arm attachments, etc.), effectively making it an alternate UC aka an AU. The fact that they still have a UC calendar and timeline obviously doesn't fucking change anything about that lol
>>
>>14858635
yes, that's true for the manga. That's not true for the anime adaptation where Sunrise basically took it and started shoehorning in things to fit in with The Origin anime and MSG.
>>
>>14858662
>>14858699
examples besides marketing and pr stuff? the ova is much different from the manga
>>
>>14858635
Actually nevermind, I found the interview translated elsewhere.

http://otakumode.com/news/52fc76ef80cd488c6b00068f/Interview-with-Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-Author-Yasuo-Ohtagaki-3-3

>my Gundam series is on a unique platform with Shogakukan’s Superior, so it’s not as tied down. In the beginning, I told them that I wanted to be able to work freely, even if that meant it wasn’t part of the Gundam canon, and they told me I could do what I want.

>It’s a bit off from the so-called “correct history,” but I did that on purpose [laugh]. I started off on the sidelines without much attention, which actually allowed some freedom as I wrote and I didn’t have to defend myself, so I decided to change what I wanted, and I think it was good that I could start that way.
>>
>>14858699
Care to post an example of something shoehorned in to make it fit? If anything all they really did is cut a bit from the end with the main EF fleet explaining the true purpose of the operation, changed how daryl lost his hand (In the manga the sleeping quarters got shot up by ms fire), and stretched out the fag vs p type battle a little bit.
>>
>>14858708
>the ova is much different from the manga

Honestly it really isn't.
>>
>>14858726
yea i fucked up, meant to say it *isnt* that much different
>>
File: Atlas_01.jpg (190KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_01.jpg
190KB, 851x1200px
the ver ka mg for this would be amazing
>>
>>14858709
Yet butthurt purist UC asshats are all like "omg changes! wah! wah!"

Who cares? Seriously? Are you that butthurt because it's such a successful series and was adapted into an anime for that very reason? If it infringes upon your UC history so much, forget like it ever existed.
>>
>>14858736
Derringer hinted it may be getting a kit announcement in the near future.
>>
>>14858743
where my friend did he post?
>>
>>14858743
literally just made my day anon.
>>
File: 1000107139_1.jpg (32KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1000107139_1.jpg
32KB, 560x560px
so why is cca allowed to have a bunch of variation, but not thunderbolt.
>>
File: latest-13.jpg (495KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
latest-13.jpg
495KB, 1116x1600px
>>14858756
Because in thunderbolt they aren't variants, they are redesigns of the actual ms with identical role and name/numbers.
>>
>>14858756
what does this stupid question even mean

nothing else happens at the same time as CCA
>>
>>14858768
>being this stupid
so whats the nightingale and hi-v huh? are they not apart of a story thats a variations of cca. did the nu gundam have that full armor?
>>
>>14858768
I think he's referring to the two novels.
>>
var·i·ant
ˈverēənt/
noun
a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard.
>>
>>14858774
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the designs from the novel are canon to the animated uc timeline.

And the official stance on msv designs is that they're only fully canon/official to the animated timeline if they are actually animated into it.
>>
>>14858778
I'm saying that in the setting itself they aren't variants. In thunderbolts setting that is literally what the regular gm looks like. That red and mint gm with tiny little beam spraygun and small backpack does not exist in the thunderbolt setting.
>>
>>14857793
Gundam FUNderbolt.
>>
>>14858603
See>>14858212
>>
Thunderbolt is the best thing happening to UC, after Unicorn.

Zeon will rise again!
>>
>>14858787

And you think that soldiers didn't paint their own mobile suits? They could be their own coloring and the weaponry and backpacks could have been cobbled together. Stranger things have happened. When supplies are tight you do weird shit.
>>
File: lpage036.jpg (178KB, 800x1135px) Image search: [Google]
lpage036.jpg
178KB, 800x1135px
>>14858794
Yeah...fun.
>>
>>14858809
Nigger, the EFSF in Thunderbolt is very well organized and equipped, they are just lacking in pilots.

Have you seen their Guntank team?
>>
File: Thunderbolt nationalism rising.jpg (532KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolt nationalism rising.jpg
532KB, 1694x1200px
>>14858806
It's a product reflecting its time.

Nationalism will destroy the EF!
>>
>>14858816
Thunderbolt guntank is a fucking base buster.
>Ram for busting down reinforced doors.
>Can tank heavy fire.
>Can carry and deploy like a dozen troops into the enemy base after the door is busted down.
>Travels around with the gundam head squad.
>>
>>14858837
As a tank should be.
>>
>>14858787
In reality, OVA/manga Thunderbolt mechanical aspect is a mess

The OVA could have fixed this but the official site just has the descriptions from the manga kits...

So the official stance is that the thunderbolt sector use MS are somehow variations of the standard machines but retain the same name and model numbers...

But we've never seen normal(non thunderbolt sector spec) GMs/Zaku IIs/etc even in the manga. Not to mention some of the Earth arc MS have joint sealings and sub-arms...
>>
>>14858845
Just dirty Sunrise trying to cash up UC names, Thunderbolt is its own UC universe.
>>
>>14858852
they should have just said the Thunderbolt designs are the standard designs for its universe

They did re-add the standard body backpack thrusters to every suit minus the Zaku I and removed the energy pack exchange gimmick since the OVA staff deemed it over technology for a OYW setting.
>>
>>14858863
I read the manga and there's not a single suit that stays accurate to Okawara aesthetics or design.

Fucking AC Guy looks like he is gonna crush a Gundam.

It is its own thing.
>>
>>14858816

Yeah right up until the Solar Ray fired. You can't call yourself well equipped when you're lacking manpower, dumbass.
>>
>>14858873
You can be well-equipped but lacking in manpower though.
>>
>>14858845
>They aren't stated as in setting variants in the ova itself.
>Or on the kits.
>Or on the official website.
>Or in magazines.
>"So the official stance is that the thunderbolt sector use MS are somehow variations of the standard machines but retain the same name and model numbers..."

Your logic greatly confuses me.
>>
>>14858845

Hey, doesn't the Wiki need your help clearing that shit up?
>>
>>14858881
the official OVA site just repeats the HG manga kits descriptions which state that these machines were customized with join sealing, extra thrusters/sensors and new large backpacks, etc.

so they're officially variations of never depicted standard machines
>>
File: 1396804952432.webm (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1396804952432.webm
3MB, 400x300px
The only difference is animation quality, in gif related the Gundam can move like a ninja on earth, just how Unicorn seemed more impressive than the V Gundam despite being obviously slower.
>>
File: upage131.jpg (213KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
upage131.jpg
213KB, 847x1200px
Also, I want a kit of the thunderbolt gm kai just for this fucking rifle.
>>
>>14858878

And it's all for nothing. You can have all the weapons in the world but if yo udon't have people to use them you're up shit creek without a paddle.
>>
>>14858893
It's just a FAMAS m8
>>
>>14858894
Didn't matter much at A baoa qu in thunderbolt. The EF basically steamrolled zeon in the manga once the battle got fully underway.
>>
>>14858897
With a grenade launcher attachment.
>>
>>14858898
Was the EFSF in Thunderbolt even fried with Solar Ray?

Anyhow, as said, they are competent as fuck compared to Tomino's EFSF.
>>
>>14858901
Every assault rifles have these nowadays.
>>
>>14858904
Considering the Moore Brotherhood had a little more unf to their fighting morale compared to most other soldiers, it's understandable.
>>
>>14858887
Wikia is a brilliant jewish scheme, I'm not doing hard work for free just to make Jimmy Wales even richer.

It's like translating manga only to have people host them on sites to make money from ads.

Since they are now translating(questionable quality) even the HG kit manuals, it's possible there will be good English sources for the wikia in the future so there won't be a need for translations of the eventual new stuff. Good luck on the old stuff, though
>>
>>14858906
But I want a hg scale model of it.

>>14858904
Given that the zabi are dead, probably. It isn't shown though. I think the author was trying to avoid showing events shown in the original series as much as possible.
>>
File: cpage038.jpg (245KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cpage038.jpg
245KB, 847x1200px
>>14858910
We're talking the EFSF, not just the moore brotherhood. They stomped zeon so hard at A Baoa Qu that they actually captured it intact and acquired psycommu from a newer Zeong production line in the base.
>>
>>14858910
No, not talking about Moore Brotherhood, the battle in ABQ was handled quite tactically well.
>>
>>14858926
Goddamn, that Guntank is fucking awesome.

Fuck, Thunderbolt designs are fucking tacticool galore.
>>
File: latest-20.jpg (700KB, 1528x2019px) Image search: [Google]
latest-20.jpg
700KB, 1528x2019px
>>14858929
The best part is that it's not a jobber either.
>>
>>14858739
Because western people have a unhealthy obssession with canon
>>
>>14858911

You could always partner with MAHQ or Zeonic and make a better site than the wiki, no? I know Zeonic tries to have more than both and throws in some random tidbits neither has. MAHQ is too stuck in an old format due to the sheer amount of all the suits over the years (even though their button changing profile is annoying). Meh.
>>
>>14858926
>>14858934
b-b-b-but it's not canon i hate dunderblunder now it's too edgy i need more waifus
>>
>>14858780
my point (i may have not made it clear) is that we dont have threads arguing if those novels are canon. But we still have them for fucking thunderbolt. Its painfully obvious that its not canon, the finale of msg didnt fucking happen in thunderbolt. Its literal retards and MAHQ parrots making these threads.
>>
>>14858966
Screw Tomino, that old fart.

Remember that scene where the zeon ace is kill?

If it was Tomino, it would probably about some mother or spirit shit, but that dude remembers his grandma's cake!

Thunderbolt author knows!
>>
>>14857757
>So you expect me to
No.
Nobody cares.
Seriously, no one do things thinking about you, no one expects anything from you, you don't even buy merchandise.
>>
File: upage141.jpg (209KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
upage141.jpg
209KB, 847x1200px
>>14858966
>>
File: upage142.jpg (277KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
upage142.jpg
277KB, 847x1200px
>>14858997
>>
File: upage143-144.jpg (449KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
upage143-144.jpg
449KB, 1694x1200px
>>14859001
Always count on the guntank.
>>
>>14858934
>>14858926
It's a Federation made Hildolrf.
>>14859004
And this is one answer to 'how one uses tank in air combat'.
>>
>>14857794
>get a load of this guy cam
>>
>>14859036
Hildólfr.
>>
>>14858934
>>14858926
>Cannons are on the shoulders.
That's really stupid.
Incredibly retarded even.
>>
>>14859113
please mr engineer explain?
>>
>>14857757
>So you expect me to believe that in U.C 0079, somewhere in space the Federation developed a Gundam that obviously surpasses the original Gundam shown in the original 0079

>he doesn't know about Units 4 and 5
>he doesn't know about the Mudrock
>he doesn't know about the 7th Gundam
>>
>>14859113
>why isn't this giant robot tank in a series about bipedal space beamspam robots more realistic reeeeeeee
>>
>>14859119
Put your finger on the top of any gunpla's shoulder armor.
Now try to move the arm around.
You notice anything?
Your finger moves.

The arms might as well be bolted to the sides, because that's the only way the main cannons would be viable.

It would have been better to strap the cannons to a backpack like the original Guncannon, so as to allow full range of arm movement, alongside being able to fire the main cannons.
>>
>>14859168
>>14859119

On one side, it allows for independent movement of each of cannon separately.
On the other, shoulder joints has to be strong enough to withstand recoil, unless there is lock mechanism somewhere- which in turn defeats added movement freedom argument.
>>14859163
Hildolfr....sorry, Hildólfr has done it right and Igloo illustrated what happens when you fire high bore cannon not aligned through mass center of the hull. Next, it overcomplicates design without adding real benefits to it. Oh, argument of firing at two different targets at the same time is valid but real life test of twin barreled tanks proved that it actually leads to less accuracy. Torso joint already acts as a turret ring, keep it simple, stupid.

Saying all that, it does look awesome and it does work in universe - gods know UC has things that aren't merely inefficient but really, really stupid. Magella come to mind.
>>
>>14859163
It's not about designs not being realistic. Gundam, especially UC, is, with exception of Newtype shaenigans, real robot show. Most designs stay consistent with internal logic and previously defined rules - AMBAC is effective way of navigating and alignment in space, minovsky particles behave like this and like that, orbital mechanics work as they do IRL.
Unless those shoulder cannons are some sort of recoiless design, this is really a poor choice for location. Putting missile launchers over the shoulder and moving barrels over to backpack or mounting them Guncannon style makes much more sense. This design does lots of things better than original Guntank, mostly by having lower profile. It's up there with Gunhed in 'plausible with current technology' territory and as such, appeal to real genre fans.
Hell, this >>14858934 could work as fast artillery vehicle without changing it's basic design, just like Hildólfr.
>>
>>
File: 1277.jpg (184KB, 1000x717px) Image search: [Google]
1277.jpg
184KB, 1000x717px
>>14859163
As for realistic tank+mecha hybrid, pic related makes much more sense. Shields on manipulators adds flexibility to defense systems and allow for spending less mass up-armoring whole hull. Arms can be used for engineering and rescue work and whole thing is relatively low - ergo stable and harder to hit. Universal connectors in hands allow for armament interchangeable with other combat systems to be used.
Sure, it's boring in comparison. But it works.
>>
>>14859287
you might as well just have a tank at this point.
>>
File: image_thumb5.png (172KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb5.png
172KB, 640x320px
>>14859302
Agreed but if you already have MS tech base, why not use it? Federation suits are modular by design, using the same parts allows for easier maintenance and this design actually does make sense from real life standpoint. Add a shovel in front and it's nice hybrid of engineering vehicle and support platform. Make it long range artillery and you can remove most of the armor for more munition and greater driving speeds. It can dig in, dig itself and other out, act as engineering vehicle, fire support, >>14859287 is based on Merkava, so maybe make it an IFV, like Loto.
Think is, we do not operate in IRL setting, we have UC technology base. MS systems can be utilized in specialized design readily - sure, mobile suits are multipurpose but are not perfect and it has been proven many times that vehicle, MA or a plane might be better suited to tasks at hand.
Just keep it in mind that said weapon systems should have unified parts pool - if not, you end like Zeon with lots of cool stuff that are nightmares for support crews to keep on working.
>>
>>14859302
My argument works well in Macross as well, for example. There are non transformable planes and space fighters, as Frontier has proven. There are dedicated ground weapon platforms as well, portrayed as somewhat less effective.
But valkyrie technology is so advanced at that point that even cannon fodder VF's are more effective in general combat use than pretty much everything. And only non transformable birds in Frontier was one fold capable scout and stupidly overtuned drones.
Same thing with UC - by the time V2 came into play, using anything else than MS is pointless- strapping wings of light to sensible space fighter design wouldn't make more sense really than a Gundam. Maybe adding more arms and removing legs or building levitating minovsky powered space squid would be better but not by much.
>>
>>14858813
Oh no a zeek lost his arms how sad.
>>
heck you could even chuck it up to a proto alex
>>
http://otakumode.com/news/52fc71c07a9cc14b2a00046e/Interview-with-Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-Author-Yasuo-Ohtagaki-1-3

FUN READING
>>
File: TBbattleFull.jpg (423KB, 750x1296px) Image search: [Google]
TBbattleFull.jpg
423KB, 750x1296px
>>14857757

THUNDERBOLT IS AU YOU NERDS

you can easily tell because in UC even suits with super slight changes get some insane variant model number or name, whereas all of the thunderbolt suits have the regular model numbers even though the suits are completely different

ALSO

http://otakumode.com/news/52fc76ef80cd488c6b00068f/Interview-with-Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-Author-Yasuo-Ohtagaki-3-3

>YO: I’m humbled [laugh]. I think in that sense Thunderbolt started off in a very fortunate position. Just as the lack of attention given the first Gundam TV series allowed it some freedom, my Gundam series is on a unique platform with Shogakukan’s Superior, so it’s not as tied down. In the beginning, I told them that I wanted to be able to work freely, even if that meant it wasn’t part of the Gundam canon, and they told me I could do what I want. However, that makes it difficult to adapt into anime and Gundam models... I suppose [laugh].

>CS: So it wasn’t that they approached you and said, “Do it at this point in the Universal Century calendar.”

>YO: It’s a bit off from the so-called “correct history,” but I did that on purpose [laugh]. I started off on the sidelines without much attention, which actually allowed some freedom as I wrote and I didn’t have to defend myself, so I decided to change what I wanted, and I think it was good that I could start that way. Being in that position is similar to how it was for the first Gundam, so I’ve been happy with it.
>>
is it bad i want more thunderbolt just for more music?
>>
>>14859613
the jazz was awful
>>
>>14859622
Io's or daryl's?
>>
>>14859624

daryls isn't jazz it's just the pop station, read the first book
>>
>>14859624
the worst was the music for the a baoa qu extra segment

my ears literally cried blood
>>
>>14858926
>>14858934
DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO
>>
>>14859629
>shittalking ronald based reagan
i'll fuck you up feddie
>>
anyone dying to see what Daryl's upgrade gonna be?

-A Zaku again
-A souped up Gelgoog
-A Kaempfer
-Zeon's Gundam
-A new desing like the Atlas
>>
>>14859642
hopefully nothing so he can job more.
>>
>>14857757
Thunderbolt is AUC.
>>
>>14859596
Your post is late and redundant.
>>
File: Rx-78-4-bst.jpg (207KB, 402x650px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-4-bst.jpg
207KB, 402x650px
>>14857757
Hello
>>
>>14859642
-A bodybag
>>
File: zeeks_circa_uc_0079.png (378KB, 696x496px) Image search: [Google]
zeeks_circa_uc_0079.png
378KB, 696x496px
>>14857757
Since OP decided to bring up how inconsistent the tech in Thunderbolt is with OG Gundam 0079, 0080 and 8th MS Team what with them taking place around at the same time period and all. Let's all take a look at this pic.

It's shit like this and the other UC Gundam side stories that make the OG 0079 series look really really dated. It's really hard to believe that they're all on the same side despite a good amount of Zeon soldiers looking like Saturday morning cartoon villains.
>>
File: 1447999058196.jpg (23KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
1447999058196.jpg
23KB, 242x206px
>>14858756
>tfw you will never get to play with this broken SoB again
>>
>>14859642
damn I'd buy a Thunderbolt Kampfer
>>
>>14859763
its been described multiple times that near the end of the war both sides started using younger soliders. i think its harder to make a younger people look evil when they probably didnt do anything. also there are some real fucking cartoon villian zeeks in thunderbolt.
>>
>>14859786
imagine how awesome it would look
>>
>>14857794
sauce?
>>
>>14857757
side stories never give a shit about inconsistency then again japs all together give no two shits about it.
>>
>>14857786
>G-Saviour.
shut up shimile
>>
>>14859089
>hurr durr everything has to cater to my taste
grow up
>>
File: Bill Nye.jpg (29KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Nye.jpg
29KB, 396x400px
>>14857902
>Thats only true of the manga. Sunrise changed or left things out of the anime adaptation to fit in
>>
>>14857757
>moved like snails compared to this one.
No they didn't.

Thunderbolt just had a fucking budget.

Mobile suits accelerate/decelerate far more rapidly than their "specs" (which are really just numbers thrown at the wall) would have you realize, based on the animation.

Thunderbolt just had a lot of money to throw at it and a hyper-competent animation director.

Besides, Thunderbolt's kind of like what Endless Waltz is to Gundam Wing to begin with, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
>>
>>14860313
>animation director.
meant to say battle choreographer.
>>
File: page054-055.jpg (904KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page054-055.jpg
904KB, 1694x1200px
>>14858065
>You're also expected to believe that the EFSF gave this monster Gundam to a unit in a debris field whose highest ranking pilot was just an ensign with a REVENGE boner.

They specify that the Moore brotherhood bought the thing. Seeing as outside of Amuro's unit, Gundams were mostly high budget prototype money-pits that were difficult to work into a standard formation, so giving it to the Moore Brotherhood was likely an end to a logistic/strategic headache, not to mention they DID need the Thunderbolt Sector in order to secure a seconday...well, secure route to A Baoa Qu for their fleet, so that they could hit the fortress from multiple angles.
>>
>>14859642
Zaku please.

Zaku is the true Gundam killer.
>>
>>14859113
Having two cannon is retarded in the first place.

It's just trying to salvage the absolutely retarded designs of a 70s cartoon show.
>>
manga finally has mecha action after almost an year of nothing happens

underwater battle
>>
>>14858890
>char's zaku can strafe at the speed of light even though the Zaku II doesn't have thrusters that point that way
>>
>>14860340
Mark once estimated the cost of a Gundam to be about 4-5 GMs based on some old databooks. I don't recall the exact numbers he proposed, but it doesn't sound terribly expensive if it's only 4-5 GMs.
>>
File: FA-78NT-1 Base Unit.jpg (447KB, 838x1471px) Image search: [Google]
FA-78NT-1 Base Unit.jpg
447KB, 838x1471px
>>14860553
>>14860553
For the actual unit itself? Yeah, that sounds about right.

In terms of R&D, field tests, collecting data, and maintenance (don't forget, there's a good chance that the gundam will use many top-quality proprietary parts), you're looking at a whole 'nother financial ball game.

Considering the average pilot isn't going to be all that much better in a Gundam as he would in a GM, Mass producing Gundams is a poor investment of resources.
>>
File: Get a load of this dipshit.jpg (89KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this dipshit.jpg
89KB, 499x498px
>>14858138
>thunderbolt is not considered in canon with the rest of the series.
>Canon mattering in the UC
>Canon mattering in Gundam Period
You fags like to keep thinking that don't you.
>>
>>14858385
So in other words, it's UC, just, UC about 50 years of art direction and animation graphics technology later?
>>
>>14860664
>So in other words, it's UC, just, UC about 50 years of art direction and animation graphics technology later?

It's an AU UC. How fucking difficult is it ?
This is not the Macross multi-universe inside a same universe kind of thing. Gundam thunderbolt is a different take on the OYW (manga) and since the anime is fucking based on the manga it is obviously an alternate timeline. Gundam continuity is much more akin to the Leijiverse than anything else.

We have

Amuro, Char, etc... from the anime 0079 (it's one timeline)
Amuro, Char, etc... from the Yas' manga The Origin (it's a second timeline)
Amuro, Char, etc... from the ova based on Yas' manga
Gundam Thunderbolt (manga, it's a third timeline)
Gundam Thunderbolt based on the eponymous manga.

So we have already 3 fucking alternate timelines.
And that's not counting the 4 timeline which is that of the Gundam film trilogy (which is for all intents and purposes different from that of the tv series).

So fans getting buthurt about the UC timeline integrity have already lost the battle. They lost it 4 freaking decades ago.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>14860256
Look at my picture. Now look at the webm. Now look at >>14859089 Back to my picture. Back to the webm. Back to >>14859089 Now look at yourself.
>>
>>14860250
The game Gihren's Ambition: Blood of Zeon
>>
>>14860720
>alternate timelines.
CUT IT OUT WITH THIS SHIIIIIIT

Alternate timeline implies that it's segregated into a continuous continuity of it's own, which has never been the case. Gundam's always been "alternating interpretations of history" and it has been that way since the first movie came out. It's the same with Origin, both manga and OVA, OYW Evolve shorts, Kondo's 0079 manga, etc These are not alternate timelines, just different interpretations of the same fiction. They all still lead into 0083, Zeta, CCA, still happen alongside 08th MS Team and War in the Pocket, etc.

The only thing Thunderbolt does differently from vanilla UC is Endless Waltz-ify the commonly accepted designs for the OYW mecha. Apart from that? Nothing about it screams inconsistency, not even in the manga, with it's fanatic Buddhist secession movement (seeing as the year 0080 is relatively un-eventful, the artist can pretty much get away with whatever he wants to.)

Trying to organize all this shit into timelines is just going to give you a headache, and isn't worth the effort. There's no point to it and Sunrise doesn't bother with that nonsense, so neither should you.
>>
>>14860819
ABQ is not blown up, nerd.
>>
>>14860819
half of the zeon military fails to disarm and decides to continue fighting instead of "just remnants"
>>
File: MS-09G Dwadge.jpg (656KB, 786x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MS-09G Dwadge.jpg
656KB, 786x1080px
>>14860846
So more or less exactly how things are and have always been in UC, where Zeon remnants are FUCKING EVERYWHERE apparently and the RoZ's self defense force consists of about twenty guys.
>>
>>14860872
not really, what the fuck kind of fiction are you reading where zeon is still in open war with feds past a baoa qu?
>>
File: page159.jpg (301KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page159.jpg
301KB, 847x1200px
>>14860875
?
>>
File: page180-181.jpg (973KB, 1694x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page180-181.jpg
973KB, 1694x1200px
>>14860875
No seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>14860720
>Macross multi-universe inside a same universe kind of thing
It's 'shows from verse', really.
>>
>>14860888
A federation victory is already a retcon. In MSG they sign an armistice and Zeon internally reforms their government. That's it
>>
>>14860875
>what the fuck kind of fiction are you reading where zeon is still in open war with feds past a baoa qu?

OYW milking #194 aka Gundam Thunderbolt.
They spared you a alot in the anime, kiddo.
>>
OVA for the Earth arc is already in production, releases late 2017

this time there will be an actual anime HG series, Daryl's upgrade is a ground version of the Psyco Zaku with beam weapons after he joins Raven Fu
>>
File: why.jpg (6KB, 180x312px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
6KB, 180x312px
>>14861756
>Daryl's upgrade is a ground version of the Psyco Zaku with beam weapons after he joins Raven Fu
>after he joins Raven Fu
>joins Raven Fu

Jesus, Daryl.
>>
>>14861783
Atlas and the Psyco Zaku destroy each other again, they will get another upgrade for the final space arc
>>
>>14858212
>no legs
Those won't accomplish anything
>>
>>14860888
>>14860893
He hasn't read the manga. The OYW in Thunderbolt ends very much the same way.
>>
>muh uc au
i think of it like hypertime and newer productions just meld into the same old universe. AU gundams with different histories and settings sure but there is no need for five different versions of UC. OF course if they keep revisiting the OYW they are gonna make more flashier shit that they never would have thought for the original production and in such a large battlefield whose to say there isn't a superior gundam that doesn't go to our special snowflake amuro, the universe doesn't need to revolve around him.
>>
>>14860872
It's not 'Zeon remnants'
It's 'Zeon formations that refused to disarm'

The remnants held no territory and some simply made Africa impassable to feddies. In Blunderdolt they straight the fuck up refuse to stop doing as they were and still function as military detatchments that hold land and conduct conventional maneuver warfare.
>>
>>14861833
There were twelve of them already. The Atlas is as non-UC a design as is possible.
>>
Thunderbolt manga earth arc can't work with the mainline UC timeline
>>
>>14861844
It's 'Zeon formations that refused to disarm'
That's what Zeon remnants are.

>In Blunderdolt they straight the fuck up refuse to stop doing as they were and still function as military detatchments that hold land and conduct conventional maneuver warfare.

They...pretty much did exactly that in the UC we're familiar with, as well, particularly if recent mangas and Unicorn are to be believed. In fact, the 0081 game actually goes the extra mile and outright states that the announcement of the end of the war was mostly propaganda, and that Zeon forces continued fighting around the world even a year later. Seriously, in just about every post-OYW story, you can barely walk a mile without stubbing your toe on a Zeon force left stranded on earth. The only thing Thunderbolt did was add a third faction.

Africa just happened to be the biggest concentration of them.
>>
File: Grey_phant.jpg (211KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Grey_phant.jpg
211KB, 1280x800px
>>14861942
>particularly if recent mangas and Unicorn are to be believed

One of them was big/competent enough to even take down a Pegasus Class (Gray Phantom?), commandeer all their shit, and win the hearts and minds of the local populace. Either way, it's pretty obvious that Zeon Remnants weren't nearly as ragtag as a lot of people make them out to be. they mobilized pretty quickly when it came to helping out the Garencieres, meaning they still had considerable resources even sixteen years after the end of the war.

I'm kind of bummed UC Ace didn't go much into all the interesting blink-and-you'll miss it crap we're shown in Episode 4 or 7. Like, what was the deal with that random Re-GZ in the hanger onboard the Ra-Cailum? It clearly wasn't decommissioned if it's taking up hanger space on such an important vessel, and up until now, we've only known about one prototype. Or the fact that Quess's Jagd Doga was inherited by a random newtype/cyber-newtype pilot in the Sleeves fleet?
>>
>>14860340
>bought the thing
I don't even know where to begin explaining how retarded that is and why.
>secure route to A Baoa Qu
This is slightly less stupid, but still stupid. A Baoa Qu was orbiing L2 along with Side 3 (read: OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON)
The Shoal Zone is between Earth and the Moon.
>even if you go straight through the shoal zone, you still have to go around the moon
>even if you remove the Zeon garrison in the shoal zone, it's still a fucking SHOAL ZONE not a clear path
>taking out the garrison in the Shoal Zone is a sure-fire way to let Zeon know what you're up to
This all adds up to "there is no sane reason to plan this, let alone to devote a fucking advanced GUNDAM to it".
>>
>>14857757
>>14858065
08th MS Team used scrap parts from prototype Gundams and Guncannons for their mobile suits, IIRC. The Full-Armor Gundam is just the RX-78 with shield-arms to keep it from getting fucked up in the Shoal Zone. At that point in the war, the Gundam itself wasn't that strong or impressive compared to the Rick Dom or the Gelgoog, and it was really expensive to make them. It's implied that the only reason the Moore Brotherhood got a Gundam was so it could be used as propaganda.

>>14857794
I loved this scene so much.

>>14860720
Don't you ever forget G-Saviour you shits.
>>
>>14861756
This is a lie.
>>
>>14861830
With ABQ not being blown up?
>>
>>14860819
Alternating interpretations are AU's idiot.
Maybe you get a headache because you're a fucking clod.
>>
>>14857757
Thunderbolt is it's own thing, separate from the original series.
>>
File: 1404117344731.jpg (356KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1404117344731.jpg
356KB, 700x700px
>>14862060
No, an AU is something like Gundam Wing, where the only similarity to the source material is the name "gundam." There's nothing that ties it to Universal Century's fiction, and thus is completely free to craft a setting and story completely unique to itself.

"Correct History" on the other hand, is a barely consistent, malleable entitity that rarely attempts to prioritize the events of one work over another, meaning there is no true static universe to begin with. Universal Century lore is about as dynamic as a fictional universe can get, and tiny bits contradicting previously established facts from lore books and technical manuals, or sometimes even stuff from the fucking show itself, happen all the damn time, only regarding the original when absolutely necessary, and even then, Sunrise Staff not adverse to taking liberties whenever or wherever they feel like it.

If anything, stuff like the Thunderbolt anime and the Origin OVA is just Sunrise being a lot more honest about how much they stopped caring about the concept of "canon" and are just doing whatever they want with each individual work without much concern about how well it fits into a larger scheme. It's the fans that try to organize all the inconsistencies and differing interpretations to dedicated timelines in lieu of any input from the powers that be.

So if you want to make an effort to separate the events of Thunderbolt or Origin or whatever into a timelines dedicated specifically to them, more power to you. Just don't expect Sunrise to make a big deal about it. To them, "It's just robot anime."

tl;dr Stop worrying about things like Alt-UC or AU UC, because Sunrise isn't going to care about your nerdy canon rules any time soon.
>>
>>14862028
A Baoa Qu wasn't actually blown up. The Republic of Zeon transferred it to the Federation and the Titans eventually made it their headquarters.

>>14862150
also P.S. G-Saviour is correct history you shits.
>>
File: page099.jpg (233KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page099.jpg
233KB, 847x1200px
>>14862236
>A Baoa Qu wasn't actually blown up.
Well, it was...kinda. Eight years later. (more like split in half, but whatever; now the feds can have TWO bases.)

At the end of the OYW, it just kind of goes through some nasty chain reactions (did Adam Stingray do that? It was never terribly clear what caused it) but is clearly pretty intact come Zeta, enough for the Titans to have quite a base there.

Besides, it's kind of unclear whether or not the artist was trying to depict said chain reactions, here, but that fire surrounding A Baoa Qu is probably his attempt at showing that scene without having to draw something everybody knows happened.
>>
File: 1476783381150.png (528KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
1476783381150.png
528KB, 720x528px
>>14862236
>also P.S. G-Saviour is correct history you shits.

For the record, I just wanted to say that this person is not me >>14862150 and I have nothing to do with him.
>>
>>14861985
>I don't even know where to begin explaining how retarded that is and why.
Is it more retarded than the EF selling to a Char a colony in CCA?
>>
>>14862740
Yes, it is.
For one thing, Axis isn't a brand new super-prototype. It's at least three decades old, and it's not even a colony, it's a mobile asteroid base. Secondly, they're not in the middle of Total War that puts them in desperate need of ir. They're in a state of financial trouble and are in desperate need of gold AND they were under the impression that Char was also giving up all of Neo-Zeon's ships to Luna II.
>>
>>14862789
Oh god, so a corporation buying a Gundam is actually more retarded than the EF selling the Axis and a fucking colony to Char, known fucking Zeonist and AEUG.

This is the brain of /m/.
>>
>>14861975
Pfft, they will be calling all the recent stuff Zeekwank, even that new Gundam 0083 rebellion manga where it's BETTER than the source manga.

Zeon is gonna win one of these days, the influence of the US is waning, there's no need to kiss up their ass anymore.
>>
>>14862793
>the government selling an enhanced model of a top-secret prototype combat vehicle in the middle of a defensive war for the entire fucking planet
>>
>>14862826
It's not even a secret, everybody fucking knows Gundam.

Not to mention said corporation owns a large amount of stocks in the government and holds a lot of political sway.
>>
>>14862834
>said corporation owns a large amount of stocks in the government
>a large amount of stocks in the government
>stocks in the government
That may be the most retarded thing I've heard all year.

Oh, almost forgot:
Everyone knows *of* the Gundam. Actually releasing a physical copy that could be reverse engineered is so totally different from just having seen or heard about it that I'm not even going to try explaining it to you because it won't do any good. You're going to keep defending this idiocy anyway, and I'm going to keep laughing at it and you, so let's just leave it at that.
>>
>>14862856
Ever heard of corporations lobbying, ever heard of corporation bribery?

>Actually releasing a physical copy that could be reverse engineered is so totally different from just having seen or heard about it that I'm not even going to try explaining it to you because it won't do any good.
Even in regular UC verse, the Fed was just using Gundam suits in all the conflicts, risk of capture was nothing.
>You're going to keep defending this idiocy anyway, and I'm going to keep laughing at it and you, so let's just leave it at that.
Let's laugh together then since you think the EF selling the Axis and a colony to Char somehow makes sense.
>>
all these people bitching about the suits looking different:
>what is a retcon?

So they updated the suits to feel more modern? What's the big deal? I love the older series, but the mobile suits designs looked far more organic that they should have
>>
File: woo zeon.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
woo zeon.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14861975
Best part of Unicorn was the scene with the Zeon remnants mobilizing. There could be some slice of life manga with zeon remnants trying to remain inconspicuous while also using their mobile suits to herd sheep and do the laundry.
>>
File: 1461146014434.jpg (14KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1461146014434.jpg
14KB, 599x337px
>>14860662
Not really Mr. Straw man argument but you can keep believing what you want to believe. Some are bothered by how thunderbolt didn't follow the canon set during the one year war. It didn't bother me and I agree its dumb to get bent out of shape over something stupid but its a thing.
>>
>>14859270

>orbital mechanics work as they do IRL.

you may need to rewatch char's counterattack
>>
File: Artwork_3_thunderbolt_EPS_3.png (1MB, 744x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Artwork_3_thunderbolt_EPS_3.png
1MB, 744x1000px
>>14861985
>I don't even know where to begin explaining how retarded that is and why.
Why would it be such a big deal? Truth is, the FA Gundam, no matter how fancy thunderbolt makes it look, is just an RX-78 Gundam with a bunch of guns, armor plates, and thrusters bolted on. As far as OYW techbological breakthroughs go, it's on the lower end of the tier-list. (In fact, I wouldn't blink twice at the idea of the Federation having a GM variant or two that cpuld outperform it.) The only reason it was so formidable is becsuse Io's such a talented pilot with little in the way of restraint.

Later on in the manga, he performs about just as admirably in a GM as he does in the Gundam.

Besides, the Moore Brotherhood IS a branch of the EFSF, just with a side of self-interest (that has nothing to do with turning their backs on the feds and everything to do with reclaiming their home colony.) There's no reason the Federation shouldn't trust them with it
>>
>the mobile suits are too advanced in thunderbolt.
the only one this works for is atlas. ever other suit is just the normal version with a bunch of shit strapped to it
>>
>>14862865
Lobbying and owning stocks are two completely different things
>>
>>
Couldn't give a fuck about power creep or logical tech advancements in Gundam. Fucking teen space wizards piloting one of a kind uber suits vaporizing trained Aces without effort is not something I care to apply that level of logic to.

The Thunderbolt suits look cool and I enjoy building them, I hope the second arc gets some kits I want that new Gogg and Atlas Gundam.
>>
The FA is pretty much just your base gundam with more shit bolted on to it. If you want to bitch about power creep the Atlas is your boy, but even that I don't see the point since this is pretty much an AU retelling.
>>
>>14858635
One tbing I like about Thunderbolt is that these things really look like giant robots. In the proportions and how relatively grounded they act. On the other hand those same proportions make it look as if their limbs would be hell to operate, and that a mobile suit battle would look clunky as all get out
>>
>>14860202
I think they more meant the outfitting

Iirc, Zeon wears no loose fatigues in 0079 - they're all in space suits.
>>
The thing with the OH NO, NOW THERE'S MORE GUNDAMS IN 0079 aspect is that the Gundam being this lone special thing in 0079 was always a lone hero robot holdover from the older anime style anyway.

It just makes more sense to move to how The Origin revised things, that the Federation had mobile suits years before 0079, the Gundam was just a game changer in how good it was.
>>
While this is here, when Io calls Daryl "Peglegs" in Japanese, what's he saying?
>>
>>14861756
Why is no one commenting on this?
>>
>>14871116
>HG Thunderbolt Acguy
>MG Atlas Gundam

pls be real
>>
>>14870333

He's saying 'Gisokuyaro', and 'gisoku' in Japanese means, well, a prosthetic leg, and 'yaro' generally means bastard. So if you want a variation that flows, I guess he's saying 'fake-legged bastard'.
>>
>>14870317
Amuro was the real game changer; the Gundam itself was perfectly vulnerable against the right kind of firepower/force. In fact,in the Origin manga, the RX-78-01 falls to an onslaught of Zakus at the very beginning, in spite of how valiantly the pilot fought
>>
>>14872232
What a dick lmao
Thanks m8
>>
>>14862150
slut
>>
>>14872423
True Io is a dick, but he's saying it to a sniper and his ilk so it seems less dickish to me.
>>
File: 1475513206175.jpg (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475513206175.jpg
181KB, 600x600px
>>14862150
>>
>>14872380
>In fact,in the Origin manga, the RX-78-01 falls to an onslaught of Zakus at the very beginning,

Nope. It died because the test pilot was stupid and cause the reactor of the zaku II it was fighting to go critical by hitting it with a beam weapon. The explosion took out the -1 and is what blew a hole in side 7 in Origin.
>>
>>14857757

Yes, you moron. Nazi Germany had jets in the last day of WWII, for example. The OYW was also so much larger than WWII, any oddities can be explained as one-offs that never made it to the historical record.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.