[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prg/ - Power Rangers General #111

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 62

Samurai edition

/prg/ FAQs: http://pastebin.com/unt9B5hG
Previous thread >>14819115
>>
watching a youtube video of all PR openings ever and getting this strong sense of nostalgia

I will never watch PR in space for the first time ever again
>>
File: 1373462576394.gif (472KB, 508x270px) Image search: [Google]
1373462576394.gif
472KB, 508x270px
>>14854071
>you will never watch PRLG for the first time again
>>
>>14853963
How does Kimberly get in the Battle Zord Tank if her Pterodactyl flies in later to form the chest piece for Megazord?
>>
>>14853963
Post your favorite season and why
>>
>>14853963
As a lover of minimalism, I love the Samurai suits. Such clean lines. Such a perfect balance of white, black and the ranger color.
>>
>>14854378
Auto pilot.

>>14854381
Mighty Morphin because it was my first super hero thing back then.

That and SPD because of its characters, designs(except THAT thing, I know), the way it handled its ongoing plotlines, and the way it balanced taking elements of dekaranger and doing things of its own without having to resort too much to original footage but using the dekaranger one creatively. I liked Jack-Sky's conflict a lot and thought it was a very original concept to have it exists because of their ranger color, and how it helps balance both Jack and Sky in the end(with Jack becoming a bit more proffesional before retiring, and sky being way more flexible).
>>
I was thinking that in the new PR movie there is gonna be at least one big Megazord fight, and probably a lot of collateral damage, would people make a big issue about it like in MoS or are they just gonna said they were fighting in the abandoned warehouse district?
>>
>>14852113
>The fight only lasts two minutes, but the Rangers nearly kill themselves twice from the feedback of the basic loadout since the SuperTrain is just that OP

I forgot how crazy LR/GoGoV could get sometimes.

>>14854877
Probably a toss up. There probably won't be any major casualties, but they'll still put emphasis on the property damage.
>>
>>14853963
Thoughts on Super Dino Charge? Oddly enough, I think it's a huge upgrade from DC. DC was meh, but Super knows exactly what it is, and does a great job at it.
>Great chemistry
>Tongue and cheek humor that doesn't overstep its welcome
>Simple, but still has overarching stories
>Great villains, the best in a long time

It's clean good fun. Also, while I felt like Sledge was underwhelming, I'm loving Heckyll and Snide.
>>
>>14855244
All of what you said about SDC applies to DC. They're pretty much the same except SDC has a better villain(though it sure took a while for Heckyl to be cool).

>>14854877
The second avengers movie had a lot of collateral damage and people hypocritically ignored it.
>>
r.i.p
>>
>>14855284
>The second avengers movie had a lot of collateral damage and people hypocritically ignored it.
It was a major plot point in Civil War.
>>
>>14855313
Pay attention, I mean IRL people.
>>
You guys think we're going to get exclusive rangers in the future or we'll be just getting them from the film series?
>>
>>14855328
People in movies aren't real people. They don't matter, dumb-dumb.
>>
>>14855362
>exclusive rangers
pretty much died much like the red battlizers
>>
>>14855368
>talk about real people
>People in movies aren't real people.
We know anon, you should worry more about your lack of reading comprehension.

>They don't matter,
Tell that to MoS critics.

>>14855362
Yes, eventually.

>>14855423
The current and coming season both have battlizers

>DURRR b-but they were in sentai and I only watch a franchise that exists because it can use sentai material for the material that is not in the sentai
>>
>>14855291
I think you forgot last thread
>>
>>14855540
The worst part is that he didnĀ“t
>>14821407
>>
> Zyuohger is bombing in Japan
> Next season is spaced themed

We're not getting Zyuogher are we?
>>
>>14856008
I think it's safe to say that Saban will skip every other Sentai for the foreseeable future, and Toei will continue to make use of that by doing weird experimental stuff aimed at Japanese kids, i.e. trains, furries.
>>
>>14856008
I guess not, which only sucks since now people will start to whine about 4 seasons.

>>14856178
>Toei will continue to make use of that
Toei doesn't consider PR that much.
>>
>>14856008
>space themed sentai
I forgot about that
I'm hype
>>
File: power rangers in space.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
power rangers in space.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>14856008
>is spaced themed
wow they are really that desperate for re using old shit now with the dino shit, ninja shit and now this? pathetic.
>>
File: Disappointed Matt.jpg (64KB, 626x574px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed Matt.jpg
64KB, 626x574px
>>14856008
Bastarding Japanese kids have the worst taste ever.
>>
>>14856835
The next sentai is called Uchuu sentai Kyuranger pinoy-kun.

Also, the last space PR season was Lost Galaxy which was a fuckton time ago.
>>
>>14856835
Megaranger wasn't space themed
>>
>>14856008
Does that mean that the villains would be aliens too, I think Samurai and SS were the only seasons who didn't had alien villains.
>>
>>14854381
space, the build up of the previous seasons as well as the end of the zordon era culminating in the (spoiler just in case) sacrifice of the old man to rid the galaxy of all evil

in terms of stand alone seasons though, ninja storm because the characters were fun/actually felt like teenagers with attitude and it didn't take itself seriously

Also visor-less helmets
>>
File: Masked Rider #1 {Comixbear}-01.jpg (954KB, 1188x1804px) Image search: [Google]
Masked Rider #1 {Comixbear}-01.jpg
954KB, 1188x1804px
Hey /prg/, I was digging through some of my files and I found this collection of Power Rangers music in my old Mega account. It's shit ton of original themes and insert songs from every season from Mighty Morphin' to Overdrive. All the old Ron Wasserman and Jeremy Sweet stuff, and there's even some non-PR stuff in here like Dragonball and Inspector Gadget.

https://mega.nz/#F!UIsSwYza!OK3_8gou_yxy_d5-MGPzxw

Thought you might like this, enjoy.
>>
>>14857137
Lightspeed, Time Force, Wild Force, Dino Thunder, Mystic Force and Jungle Fury's villains werent aliens either.

But power rangers does have a preference for aliens and scifi concepts in general.
>>
>>14857126
It had a few space themed elements. It was primarily tecnology themed but ultimately their main mech was a spaceship that descended from space when they needed it.
>>
>>14857154
Not as heavy as PRIS or Kamen Rider Fourze even, but yeah.

Now, going by Kyuuranger's name, space shouldn't be a minor thing.
>>
>>14857147
You're a king among men, anon. Thanks.
>>
File: carter.jpg (13KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
carter.jpg
13KB, 300x220px
>>14854381
light speed rescue

cause of pic related and i remember it the most
>>
>>14854524
For me it's the masks. I love how the big symbols are able to emote much like real faces because of the fantastic work from the suit actors. It's just wonderful how a well done tilt of the head with those incredibly simple designs can be so expressive.
>>
>>14854524
Agree, they are pretty good. Sucks they were wasted on Samurai. The only one I dont like that much is the gold one, I dont like the color scheme, I prefer his mega mode's color scheme for that.
>>
>>14857451
I would have been happier with a more patched-together look for Gold, since he's literally a DIY Ranger. I appreciated him furthering my theory that near the end of his time on Earth, Billy Cranston's last post on Earth's fledgling World Wide Web was a text document detailing how to access the Morphing Grid. Cam, RJ and the guy from Overdrive all got the tech from "a guy who knows a guy" - why not from the Internet?
Mega Mode in general was a stroke of genius.
>>
>>14855244
How far are you? Heckyl is a good villain, but this last half of the season has been very lackluster imo.
>>
>>14854381
Still RPM, since it's the one of the only seasons that succeeds beyond a Ranger series and does so the best.
>>
File: shinkenspiffing.jpg (207KB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
shinkenspiffing.jpg
207KB, 1538x872px
>>14857390
They were cute... Cute!
>>
>>14857126
All their mechs are space themed, at least. Saban probably rolled with it bevause it's cool
>>
>>14857390
It's like Zeo suits, but better.
>>
File: DX-Ninja-Steel-Morpher-1.jpg (273KB, 1600x1488px) Image search: [Google]
DX-Ninja-Steel-Morpher-1.jpg
273KB, 1600x1488px
>No longer use the sword to transform
>Instead use a clunky as fuck multi-weapon
>They got rid of the bow mode
ffs
>>
>>14858077

>This would be so much better if it didn't have Japanese on the helmet
>>
>>14858294
To be fair, that toy was barely used in Ninninger, it being the morpher would help pushing it and they already use the swords to fight.
>>
>>14858294

If that's the case then is Burger Ninja going to use his guitar?
>>
>>14858632
He's probably gonna use a ninja star badge or something so they can sell an extra toy.
>>
File: five fucking seconds in MSPaint.jpg (73KB, 516x442px) Image search: [Google]
five fucking seconds in MSPaint.jpg
73KB, 516x442px
>>14858294

I'm sorry.
>>
>>14858640
>so they can sell an extra toy
If they donĀ“t use the burger morpher then itĀ“s the same amount of toys, not to mention the main NS rangerĀ“s morpher is an existing toy repurposed. I know saying that a company wants to sell shit is an epic joke on reddit but dont pointlessly bring that here.
>>
>>14857296
carter is the fuckin' man
>>
So which character(s) had the worst body language?

Which character personality could not match the sentai footage?

personally, Zach was a bad one. Out of suit, it was fluid with his hip hop akido, but transforming he becomes the power house of the group.
>>
>>14858989
I always saw it as a "hiding my identity and becoming a superhero makes me feel more confident" thing. Remember how Billy in suit used to take out Putties like it was nothing, despite having the least amount of martial arts experience? His skills eventually rivaled Jason's though.
>>
>>14858632
LEEEEEET'S NINJARIZE, GUYS!!!!!!!
>>
>>14858989
while it isn't "body language" I appreciate what they did with Katie, but Time Yellow was still too broad
>>
>>14858989
>Which character personality could not match the sentai footage?
Super Megaforce. Part of the reason is that Gokaiger was heavy in body language(a good thing on its own) and that MegaforceĀ“s rangers personality didnĀ“t even come close to match it.
The less offensive is probably Gia out of those.
>>
>>14858972
damn straight
>>
>>14859099
Pretty much this.

Troy did not match Alata's goofy attitude or Marvelous' sheer presence. Being stiff as a board.
Noah somewhat matched Hyde as both were "the smart one", but he's the complete opposite of Joe. Which is why the sword episode made zero sense.
Jake at first matched Agri, but then Don came in and it was complete whiplash. They did try to work it in by making Jake goofier, but it still didn't work.
As you said, Gia is the least offensive. Being an active tomboy matches Moune and Luka.
Emma was way too soft to match Eri, but she was a bit closer to Ahim.
Orion was really fucked. He's all "revenge must be served" yet he's stuck with Gai, a hyperactive fanboy.

(Super) Megaforce really was a disaster. I'd love to hear what happened behind the scenes.
>>
File: mpv-shot0027.jpg (28KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0027.jpg
28KB, 624x352px
Who was the worst Ranger and why was it Rocky?
>Breaks his back after kicking a pad during training and bouncing out of the ring somehow?
>Replaced by a fucking ten-year-old kid that does his job better.
>>
>>14859979
Dax
>>
>>14858989
One moment comes to mind when Tommy summoned the Tigerzord for the first time, and they had him hop up and down like a child because of Kou: https://youtu.be/XofCWiRz6tg?t=21s

I think Andros was much more playful in suit, which was weird, but I made it so he wasn't a complete stoic asshole, so it actually sort of helped.

The Megaforce/Super Megaforce is the biggest perpetrators of mismatch though. Doesn't help that they became completely different characters midway, but also you have Orion that just didn't fit.
>>
>>14853963
>(Super) Megaforce really was a disaster. I'd love to hear what happened behind the scenes.
Tl;dr, Jonathan Tzachor is a retard who didn't want to make Power Rangers. He basically wanted a Sentai dub.
>>
>>14859979
Don't forget that's the penultimate smudge on a shitty Ranger career.

>First week in a new town, you nearly get killed by a magic fucking snake along with your best buds because some guys you met in the park happened to be superheroes
>Later get conscripted into the team because you and your buddies happen to have the same builds as their exiting teammates
>You're wearing the original leader's colors, but you're a newb so you don't even get to be third in command
>Perpetually the "slacker" nobody takes seriously, and villains consistently prey upon this fact
>The first time you get new powers, you get the animal that's all brute strength
>The second time, you get demoted in color again and now one childhood friend is basically second-in-command
>Your other childhood friend is stuck in Africa due to time travel shenanigans
>Later the guy you replaced comes back and becomes infinitely cooler than you
>Later still, you break your back before graduation, essentially ending your Ranger career and any prospects you had for the future
>Years afterward, you don't even get invited to the big secret Red Rangers Only mission to the moon
>They called the fish guy from another planet, but not you

Rocky had a hard life.
>>
>>14858530
That's exactly the reason it was made the morpher in place of the sword
>>
File: Otacon.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Otacon.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>14860524
Rocky...had a hard life
>>
File: punished cinder.jpg (55KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
punished cinder.jpg
55KB, 1440x900px
>it's a body swapping episode
>>
>>14858989
Of the ones I've recently seen, Noah from Super Megaforce was about as much of a mismatch as you can get. Though from what I remember of Dairanger, I'm struggling to see how Tommy is supposed to fit as the White Ranger.
>>
>Ninja Megazord is slowly coming to stores
>Ninja Steel Megazord will be out next year
>Have PR Samurai Megazord
Neat, I can make a whole torso of reds, and it'll be a Samurai with ninja arms.
>>
>>14859979
Time Force Blue
>>
>>14861784
When Legacy Shogun comes out you can go full red ninja torso.
>>
>>14861758
Almost no footage of Kibaranger was used outside of cockpit/riding on Tigerzord shots. And in the aforementioned shots he was much more composed. The few times they used Kiba ground footage it was painful to watch.
>>
>>14861784
With Super Megaforce torso and Red Lion legs you could make a full Red Megazord.
>>
>>14862720
So they just never really showed White Ranger fighting on-foot, or was it original footage?
>>
>>14862779
Original footage. Pretty much all the Ranger footage from episode 14 of season 2 throughout the remainder of MMPR was original.
>>
Man... Davi Santos is pretty good.

They all are, this cast and their script is alive and full of character.
>>
>>14859979
>>14860131
Is the most pathetic ranger worse than a particularly annoying one? Hmm...
>>
>>14863193
I'd say that's up to personal opinion. For me, an annoying one is worse, so I'd say Dax is easily my least favorite.
>>
>>14859979
>>14860131
>>14863193
>>14863225
http://erniesbrainfreeze.tumblr.com/sorter
If you've got a half hour... This is what I got at least.
>inb4 tumblr
>>
>>14863450
Aaaand just for comparison. My top 10 is pretty good. Eric, Bridge, Scott, Carter, and Cam follow after that.

Scientifically, Jen is the top ranking female at 15, with Cassie just under her, working with her raw beauty alone to spot 16. ...Actually more Rangers than I care to admit slipped higher than they should be from looks alone, Emma taking #29 almost CERTAINLY because of her legs and face.
>>
which PRs had those "actors don't get along" stuff?
>>
>>14863540
MMPR with Austin and JDF... I guess the Wild Force cast had some problems with Ricardo being a diva, same with Dino Thunder people with JDF. Other than that, there isn't too much that we know of.
>>
>>14863550
>WF

this is new to me, also what was wrong with JDF back in DT? Too demanding?
>>
>>14863450
I thought I was the only one that hated Ronny. I thought she might have been mentally retarded
>>
>>14863562
>How did you get along with the other Dino Thunder cast members? Did everyone work well together and were there any
conflicts on set? I heard that Jason David Frank (Dr. O) isn't the best person to work with (or the nicest), is this true?
>A lot of the success in a team getting along has to do with the leader, and the leader setting a good example. When James
was in that position, it was a lot more successful. It's hard to follow a leader who is all about themselves and only worried
about getting their close up and throwing diva tantrums. But for the most part, most of us got along.
http://www.shyranger.com/emma/About/Interview.html

>>14863597
I think it's more that I really didn't watch Overdrive, and I really disliked the little bit of it I saw that I couldn't possibly vote Ronny over most anyone.
>>
>>14863562
everything
>>
>>14863540
Tracy Cruz from In Space was a bitch
Patricia Ja Lee was originally going to be new LG pink but she didn't get along with LG cast
>>
>>14863754
Lee's issue was with pay, not the cast
>>
>>14863597
>I thought I was the only one that hated Ronny.
Seriously?
You thought you were the only one that hated an Overdrive Ranger?
>>
File: the grand question.png (226KB, 850x460px) Image search: [Google]
the grand question.png
226KB, 850x460px
>>14863450
Shame this thing doesn't go up to Dino Super Charge, because I think James Navarro has a shot at being one of the worst rangers out there.

>after becoming a Ranger, disappears for a decade
>leaving behind a son/family with no contact in that entire time to keep them safe
>......but fails to realize postage is a thing, probably actually wanted to avoid supporting the family as he still kept in touch with his friend, Rusty
>in ten years, doesn't stop the threat of Fury, discover his own zord, or even learn that there are other Energems, even AFTER eight Rangers defeat Sledge and his monsters for a year
>only comes back to keep his son from flipping out as a T-Rex
>but promptly leaves soon after......to use his geology skills find the Silver Energem
>again another waste of energy, Prince Phillip just gets info that it's not on Earth
>so he.....leaves.....again....to find Heckyl's base this time

Man if he can't do that, he'll be the biggest waste of space in Ranger history.
>>
>>14863780
The male rangers are usually the ones that get hate
>>
>>14863754
Tracy is a fucking saint. Probably the sweetest person I met at Morphicon next to yellow wildforce
>>
>>14860524
to be fair on the last two points, Rocky was only a Red with the Dino Red suit, and that was used in Forever Red by Jason, so it's not like they had anything they could use for him

>>14862818
yeah Saban would have probably been better off just taking a risk and switching over to Dairanger/Kakuranger footage entirely instead of the hodgepodge that seasons 2 & 3 of MMPR ended up being
>>
>>14863881
Wow. When you add it up like the, Tyler's dad a shit.

>>14863968
I guess the years have mellowed her out. Back in the day she'd date a dude just to get on a show and steal his range rover like it was nothing. Good for her.
>>
>>14863968
Tell that to Johnny Yong Bosch...
>>
>>14863638
Funny Emma says that considering JDF has said nothing but nice things about her and the rest of the cast aside from James, who he apparently didn't get along with. I guess there's just something about those tyranno rangers that doesn't mesh well with him (he didn't have the highest opinion of Steve Cardenas either, but they're cool now).
>>
>>14863992
>Saban would have probably been better off just taking a risk and switching over to Dairanger/Kakuranger footage entirely
I disagree. At the height of MMPR mania that would have been an insane thing to do. Merchandising alone would have taken a really hard hit since the Zyurangers were plastered on eveything imaginable, not to mention they wanted the brand recognition of the Zyu suits for the movie. I'm surprised they even had the balls to swap out Green for White Ranger, though Green being featured on very little merchandise probably made that easier for them.
>>
>>14864320
That's the point though. They were at the height of their popularity - it was their best chance to push the suit exchange format into popular consciousness.
>>
I hate David Yost
>>
>>14863764
really?
my bad
>>14864459
how so
>>
>>14864565
Because he's a whiny faggot.
>>
>>14863959
No, not really, even if Dax happens to be male, all 6 get hate. Mack is usually the less hated one, but not Ronnie.

>>14863992
>and that was used in Forever Red by Jason, so it's not like they had anything they could use for him
Other tyrannoranger suit, movie suit or ninja suit.

>>14863992
>yeah Saban would have probably been better off just taking a risk and switching over to Dairanger/Kakuranger footage entirely instead of the hodgepodge that seasons 2 & 3 of MMPR ended up being
Not really, first, the zyuranger suits were already iconic and they didnt wanna lose that(that's the reason they already stated behind this) and that forced them to do some stuff of their own, which not only resulted in the great S3 but also set the precedent for seasons like Space.
>>
So Ivan canonically has had sex before.

Noble knights get it on.
>>
>>14865555
?
>>
>>14865890
The newest episode of Dino Super Charge had the appearance of Ivan's great great blah-blah-blah-blah grandson, which means he had to have copulated sometime before he bonded with his Energem.
>>
>>14865555
dosmrider get the fuck off of /prg/
>>
>>14864589
>Other tyrannoranger suit,
I doubt they would have been down for having two MM Reds running around during the fight.

>movie suit
They couldn't use it since FOX owned the rights to the movie. Ridiculous, I know, but those were the rules. And considering the transfer to Disney going on at the time, it would have been a mess trying to get the rights.

>ninja suit.
Doable, workable in canon, but it still would look awkward next to the other Reds.
>>
>>14866659
>I doubt they would have been down for having two MM Reds running around during the fight.
Make Rocky metallic armor.
>>
>>14866723
The true answer is to go back in time and recruit Rocko.
>>
>>14864565
I didn't get to answer, but this anon nailed it >>14864576
>>
>>14866828
>tfw the thought probably crossed Amit's head for a moment
>>
File: Top10PR.png (260KB, 240x1327px) Image search: [Google]
Top10PR.png
260KB, 240x1327px
>>14863450
>>14863474
I'm not sure if this means I'm a horndog driven by childhood crushes, or a cultured connoisseur of Rangers. I choose the later.
>>
>>14858294
are the shurikens still making the sounds?
>>
>>14867144
Z is pretty underrated.
>>
My top 10
>Eric
>Cam
>Dillon
>Wes
>Taylor
>Flynn
>Tommy
>Casey
>Shane and Spirit Rangers tied for 9th
The list in general is weighted towards my favorite seasons: MMPR, Time Force, Ninja Storm, Jungle Fury, RPM and Dino Thunder.
>>
>>14867144
>>14867247
Surprised to see someone put the Spirit Rangers up so high.

The other grand question is what do the bottom of your lists look like?
>>
>>14867263
>Philip, Zhane, Tyzonn, Lucas and Kai tied for 105
>kendrix and bridge tied for 110
>joel, dustin and dana tied for 112
>Daggeron and dax tied for 115
>aurico at 117, dead last
Characters from seasons I haven't watched, who never made an impact or I just straight-up don't like.
>>
>>14867276
Why do people dislike Lucas? The episode where he dates Nadira is brilliant.
>>
>>14866828
based Rocko
>>
So whats so great about RPM compared to other seasons? Ive been watching dino super charge for the past couple of weeks and find it quite good. Is the quality of the show overall better?
>>
>>14868769
Check it out yourself, but it was made under the assumption that it would be the last season, so the producers were encouraged to shoot for the stars in concept and show. It's a very untraditional Power Rangers show that enjoys a great quality of actors and writing, in a post apocalyptic, bleak setting, while not being completely grimdark and still fun.
>>
So how come the Neo-Saban seasons are shot the way they are? RPM and JF were shot like a CW show, and it fit way better.
>>
>>14868928
>while not being completely grimdark and still fun
This is important now more than ever.
RPM understood perfectly the amount of seriousness this franchise can have and balanced it perfectly with the fun stuff(which IS there and is great). The new movie doesnt seem to be going to do so. And you can extrapolate this to other super hero movies too.

>>14868958
Different audiences. Neo-Saban are more specifically focused on very little kids.
>>
>>14869071
I'm not talking about the writing, I'm talking about blocking and angles, everything to do with the placement of the camera in a scene.
>>
That ninja ass just doesn't quit
>>
>>14869596
I'm interested to know what Saban as a company thinks of this, them being a kids' entertainment company and all that.
>>
>>14869664
Is there a problem, Aisha Al-Soccermom?
>>
>>14869683
I'm sure somebody has a problem with it - I just want to know if anybody from the company that hired her had a problem with it.
Why, did Karan Ashley say something?
>>
>>14869683
Employees are considered tacit spokesmen for the company even when off the clock. You can be turned away from a job for having, say, party pictures on your Facebook or Twitter or Instagram because "it sends the wrong message".
I would not be surprised if a kids' entertainment company turned someone away for having softcore glamour shots all over her IG.
>>
>>14869701
They can't possibly care that much. For example, the stuff Christina Masterson had out there
>>
>>14869731
Good point - those were actual nudes. And I'll admit, if I had to pick which company would not care enough to raise a stink over it, it would be Saban over Disney, no contest.
>>
>>14869664
They probably don't give a shit, the target audience doesnt even care about this and the secondary audience will like it. It's not like her ass will be heavily featured on the show.
>>
>>14867263
Had to retake it because I didn't save the bottom ten of the list.
>100 - Riley, Mike, Ronny, Jayden, Will and Kevin
>106 - Casey, Justin, Tyzonn and Troy
>110 - Scott, Cole
>112 - Dominic, Orion
>114 - Mack, Rose, Mia, Emily

I'm pretty sure the only reason Dax isn't in the bottom five is because I accidentally clicked him once rushing through the last 5%.
>>
>>14869904
>It's not like her ass will be heavily featured on the show.
Now, this, I'm offended by.
>>
>>14870505
>mack in last place
He was the only character I liked in OO, mostly because of the robot thing.
>>
you think the movie's gonna come to japan?
>>
>>14864271
What happened?
>>
File: Ivan-Ooza2.jpg (95KB, 756x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ivan-Ooza2.jpg
95KB, 756x540px
>>14865555
>So Ivan canonically has had sex before.
>>
>>14871172
Put him and Lothor in a room. What happens?
>>
>>14870505
>Scott that low
rude
>>
>>14871052
Of course it will and it will be called 惑ćƒÆćƒ¼ćƒ¬ćƒ³ć‚øćƒ£ćƒ¼ and it will get tons of attention on Japanese news sites calling it "American Sentai. This is the power of America" and on tv where the guests will all go "AMAZING SASUGA HOLLYWOOD! IT'S SO MUCH GRANDER! WAY MORE REAL!" for the entire lead up to the movies release.

Then it will come out and they will interview Japanese people who saw it and they will all say things like "The action, effects and drama were so sugoi. The scale was way larger than Japanese Sentai! It's just like an AmeComi movie!"

Despite the movie receiving horrible reviews in the west and not actually making very much money in Japan, Japan will eat it up and be bowing down to America-sama.

This shit happens every time.
>>
>>14870734
I actually did like him too, and his whole character arc, although the ending kind of soured things for me.

>>14871189
I'm sorry, but the rest of the cast was a lot more memorable for me than he was.
>>
>>14871213
B-But anon! John Toei clearly hates power rangers despite them lending it to saban every year, he will never allow that!
>>
my guess on the what second season of ninja steel is gonna be called
*drum roll*
ninja supersteel.

because fuck originality.
>>
>>14871162
They dated, and she allegedly stole thousands of dollars and a car in the split. You could probably find it easy if you just Google their names
>>
>>14871510
>yfw ninja stainless steel
>>
File: Shig-Digmundson.jpg (94KB, 894x505px) Image search: [Google]
Shig-Digmundson.jpg
94KB, 894x505px
>Didn't hire Kei Hosogai for Super Megaforce
>Didn't hire Robert Baldwin for Dino Charge
>Still haven't hired Kane Kosugi

S-m-h
>>
File: Shiggy-Rylan.jpg (37KB, 296x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy-Rylan.jpg
37KB, 296x400px
>>14871213
>>14871493
>Talking to yourself

Shitty reboot will be shit and won't get any of the seven sequels they've "confirmed".
>>
MMPR reboot x 3?
>>
>>14858294
>got rid of the bow mode
>still says 弓
>>
>>14871510
Didn't we have confirmation on that already? I really should update the pastebin.

>>14873106
>filipino can't admit more than one person likes what he doesn't
>>
>>14871465
Sure, but there's no way Scott is worse than Troy, Kevin, or Ronny.
>>
>>14873898
Scott is literally Cyclops and the probably one of the best leaders in Power Rangers
>>
>>14874020
>has a brother
>both involved in a plane crash that ended their normal relationship
>red
>right
Well I mean
>>
Hi /prg/ I usually wait and batch watch everything but i decided for Power Rangers and Super Sentai to follow them on a weekly basis. Can someone explain to me why TV-Nihon is looked down upon while Overtime fansub is praised? Also, what is the best way to watch Power Rangers online as it airs? I use to catch them on Hulu like 2 days after but I think they aren't on Hulu no more. Thanks.
>>
>>14874309
TV-Nihon gets basic shit wrong like misinterpreting "akumade mo" (to the very end, through and through, thoroughly) as "even though I'm the devil" because they thought it was "akuma demo".
>>
>>14874353

So basically, they aren't as good at translating. Alright.
>>
>>14874020
>>14874080
My mind has officially been blown.
>>
>>14874731
I mean Scott, Summer and Dillon were basically Scott, Jean and Logan from the X-Men in a way
>>
>>14874789
Summer might have been Dillon's Jean, but not Scott's Jean, he didn't love her.

>>14874309
Might be better to ask on /ssg/ but TVN is usually looked down because of lower video quality(they got better at this), stupid and pointless special effects on the subs and not translating parts of the dialogue keeping the original japanese words.
The last one is sometimes debatable since OT preferes to localizate the words and make the dialog sound more natural in english, which is, for the most part, better imo, but some people prefer TVN keeping the originals.
That said, TVN did most shows and in many cases, they're the only option(not if you're gonna watch weekly though since Overtime has been doing everything since Gokaiger) and they sub extra shit OT usually doesnt touch like commercials and net movies.

I personally prefer OT, but sometimes TVNfags have valid points.
>>
File: IMG_20161026_092805_zps3kctwclk.jpg (196KB, 1024x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161026_092805_zps3kctwclk.jpg
196KB, 1024x668px
Tired of Bandai oversizing shit to accomodate fat Americans.
>>
>>14876326
Flip pls leave
>>
>>14876326
What's the legacy one and what's the other one?
>>
>>14876697
Legacy on the left (bigger), screen cast on the right
>>
This goddamn cast, geez
>>
>>14876326
I could understand making it a LITTLE bigger to better fit most heads, but that's just excessive. I have a Ben Affleck tier head and I can squeeze into a screen cast.
>>
File: tumblr_mqrqgrEwLK1rzevqao1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqrqgrEwLK1rzevqao1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>14876734
Where does one acquire a screen cast?

>>14876740
Holy fuck her thighs are huge.

>>14874309
TV-Nihon celebrates Japanese terms and phrases, uses childish and excessively flashy subtitle effects, and even has the habit of getting translations completely wrong, despite having like 13 QCers.

Now while people sometimes look down on Over-Time being seemingly liberal in their English translations, rewriting some jokes or puns from the Japanese script, it's done in service of communicating the intent of the original script to the English audience.

For example, people who watched Kyoryuger would find Nobuharu a charming, humorous character because of the puns he made. This came across as inherent to the character because of the effort made to localize puns to sound natural in English, so all the dialogue worked in the moment, as opposed to say having a translation note about how the pun works in Japanese, having to pause and understand, and only afterwards say, "Oh that's pretty clever".

Over-Time does a lot to make sure that with their translation content, one can watch the show as how a Japanese viewer watches the Japanese version, and that's much closer to how professional translators work. Obviously, a Japanese child watching Kyoryuger watches and thinks Nossan is funny because he makes puns, not because he made some pun in another language.
>>
>>14877010
>Where does one acquire a screen cast?
All over the place.
>>
>>14876740
February can't get here soon enough. I NEED to see her in action.
>>
>>14876740
dwarfpink
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-27-10-29-43.png (705KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-27-10-29-43.png
705KB, 1280x720px
The Spraypainting made me think of Delsin from Infamous: Second Son, and THEN he wore this hat.
>>
>>14876740

Honestly, I think she would be so much cuter if she gave up the six pack and put some soft meat on her. He maintains the abs buy having such a low body fat, that her face ends up looking sucked up which to me, makes her look less soft and cute. But I'm sure I'll get blasted because everyone here is busy admiring her ass (which is fantastic) and has a fetish for strong wonder woman types. But then again, you can ignore me if you like because I think Becky G in the upcoming movie is the most beautiful.
>>
File: Y58p5HZ.jpg (84KB, 960x650px) Image search: [Google]
Y58p5HZ.jpg
84KB, 960x650px
>>14876740

Can Ludi Lin join them?
>>
File: tumblr_oc4vnhvSi11qdpodto1_500.jpg (57KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc4vnhvSi11qdpodto1_500.jpg
57KB, 500x367px
>>14879618
Is he secretly the third Sudarso brother?
>>
File: 20161028_063843.png (425KB, 1080x569px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_063843.png
425KB, 1080x569px
This is what Movie Tyrannosaurus Zord looks like.
>>
File: Godzilla98.jpg (2MB, 2634x2364px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla98.jpg
2MB, 2634x2364px
>>14880315
>>
File: 20161028_065459.png (964KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_065459.png
964KB, 1080x1080px
movie morpher
>>
>>14880315
For something from this movie, it doesnt look that bad, but it sucks that that's probably a low detail version.

>>14880368
KAIGAN!!!
TYRANNOSAURUS!!!
>>
>>14876740
>when you so fit even your belly button has muscles
>>
>>14880315
Oh good lord, they really do want the Bayformer audience.

>Stumpy ass rocket launcher arms
Okay, that's kind of interesting, but the rest is shit. I think I almost liked the rough draft first.

>>14880368
Okay, it's pretty clear they're trying to reinvent the wheel here. I mean, the galaxy swirl is kind of clever, but it's just so... drab. Par for the course by now.
>>
>>14879615
>e maintains the abs buy having such a low body fat, that her face ends up looking sucked up which to me, makes her look less soft and cute.
It's called contouring, it's a makeup trick
>>
File: img_3760.jpg (56KB, 689x392px) Image search: [Google]
img_3760.jpg
56KB, 689x392px
Full look
>>
>>14881070
>>14880315
>toys
Oh, so now power rangers is a toy commercial for kids then?
>>
>>14881084
no, it's a mature toy commercial for mature kids
>>
>>14881100
so like, 7-8 instead of 4.
>>
Speaking of MMPR, did they ever explain why Zordon based their powers on dinosaurs of all things?
>>
>>14881138
"Dinosaurs are rad as shit" - Zordon, probably
>>
>>14881138
They aren't actually based on dinosaurs, but rather, extinct animals.
>>
>>14881138
because it's zyuranger's theme apparently
>>
File: Ninjor_(MM).jpg (9KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ninjor_(MM).jpg
9KB, 240x180px
>>14881138
>Zordon based
Excuse me?
>>
>>14881105
This movie pretends its 27-28
>>
>>14881184
whoa anon, you sure are redpilled
>>
>>14881138
>zordon
>making the powers
here's your you
>>
>>14881070
those look like bad cookies
>>
>>14882189
>>14881800
To be fair, it being NINJor doesnt really help matters.
>>
>>14882189
I know Ninjor created the Power Coins, but did Zordon have any input on the Dinosaur theme?
>>
>>14882899
>Could you please make them about dinosaurs Ninjor? I dont like those aquitarian ones. Make them about dinosaours.

On a side note, you guys reminded me that I hate the fact super megaforce didn't bring him back.
>>
>>14881070
ghost shit driver with OOO medals
>>
>>14883022
You know a show is bad when you pissed off past crew members. I wonder how bad Tzachor got chewed out.
>>
>>14881070
>power morpher looks more like the matrix of leadership than the one in the transformers movies does
>>
>>14883022
Oh man, now I'm imagining Zordon and Ninjor getting into a heated discussion over the inspiration for the coins. Ninjor with his "grace and cunning" schpeal, Zordon insisting that dinosaurs have their own charms that modern animals lack.

Ninjor still won't admit what he was thinking with the Aquitian coins, only offhandedly muttering that he was going through a phase at the time.
>>
>>14883422
How about
>Dinosaur powers were a consensus between what they both wanted
>thunderzords between both was what Zordon really wanted and had the chance to do in S2
>Ninjas are what Ninjor wanted.
>>
>>14883526
>>14883422
given that magic and fantasy creatures are real things in the power rangers setting, it's reasonable to say that Zords are made to represent the most powerful/noble/symbolically important things of the point in time that their respective megazord was designed in. This is why there is a ninjazord and a shogunzord that share a white zord between them, because they were made at the same time and their designers felt that both ninjas and samurai represented what they were supposed to make megazords represent equally.
>>
>>14883578
But weren't the thunderzords made at the beggining of S2?
>>
>>14883662
shit, right
wellp
it was a nice idea
>>
>>14883662
are the tyrannosaurus dinozord, the red tyrannozord from dino thunder and rexy from dino super charge related entities in any way?
Same for the respective blue triceratops zords. Are their similarities exclusively for the fanbase, or is there an in-lore reason why they are similar, when we have pteranodon zords that are not similar?
>>
>>14880315
What the fuck is this thing gonna look like combined?
>>
http://youtu.be/asPTAL5xk18
>>
>>14881070
That better not be a lever to make the coins spin like with those cheap kamen rider belts.
>>
>>14881138
Because they are strong as fuck animals. Superheroes use animal motifs so why not choose the strongest one?
>>
>>14881070
Looks like a Guyver unit tried to become a hurricane.
>>
>>14881070
I'll wait for the legacy version.
>>
File: mastadonwtf.png (81KB, 174x170px) Image search: [Google]
mastadonwtf.png
81KB, 174x170px
>>14881070
>>
>>14884426
CTHULHUDON
>>
File: 1477717837121[1].png (274KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
1477717837121[1].png
274KB, 500x569px
MEGAZORD ACTIVATED
>>
>>14883708
They aren't related at all. The MMPR ones were machines created by, IIRC, Zordon. The DT ones were created by Tommy and antom mercer and the DC ones are machines created by Zenowing.

>Are their similarities exclusively for the fanbase
Similarities aren't for the fanbase they happened because they looked like that on the sentai footage. Now, whether those similarities were fanservice is debatable, but Tyrannosaurus the first thing people think about when thinking about dinosaurs so it makes sense to give it to Red. Blue Triceratops might be a coincidence.

But there's no lore reason for them to be similar.
>>
>>14880315
Fucking Zoids crossover?
>>
>>14884516
well, I mean, if Tommy made the dino thunder ones, then there's probably a good chance the similarities between DT's rex and triceratops are intentional in-setting, though it is unfortunate that there is no connection easily known for the DC ones.
>>
>>14884507
Kind of reminds me of the Thundersaurus Megazord. Hope the final version has hinges for the horns.

>>14884543
>though it is unfortunate that there is no connection easily known for the DC ones.

It makes sense Zenowing would have built mecha in effigy of whatever was bonded to the Energems at the time, be it dinosaur or giant cockroach. It'd be more of a funny coincidence than anything else.

Or from another standpoint, you could say that the Morphin Grid knows red and tyrannosaurs go together like Peanut butter and jelly, causing the T-Rex to get the red Energem, ect.
>>
>>14881070
PUTERA
>>
>>14880775
I can't believe you'd prefer Generic Tank to an actual giant robo rex
>>
When will Power Rangers be good again?
>>
File: dr_keeper_I'm_CIA.jpg (24KB, 147x352px) Image search: [Google]
dr_keeper_I'm_CIA.jpg
24KB, 147x352px
>>
>>14885019
When they leave Nickelodeon
>>
When was the last time we saw a good villain vs villain moment in PR?
This weeks ending had me hype.
>>
>>14885019
When super sentai has uniforms again. And I'm not talking about those crap ones in ninninger.
>>
>>14885019
it's already good.
>>
>>14885322
Power Rangers Samurai with Serrator vs everyone.

I was a little disappointed that Arcanon died like a wimp...
>>
>>14885340
If we're lucky, Kyuranger might have some
>>
File: 1476229560668.gif (110KB, 262x262px) Image search: [Google]
1476229560668.gif
110KB, 262x262px
>>14880315
>>14880323
Shit
>>
The Dino Charge Rangers have the record for being the most commonly brainwashed Rangers ever, right?
>>
>>14886386
Pretty sure the ninja storm rangers are at least good competitors.
>>
>>14886921
DC: Spellbinder brainwashes Chase to his command, Stingrage stung Koda making him fight everyone, Bones stole the Rangers' backbones making them scared, that scissor monster made everyone pissed at each other.

DSC: Stingrage's venom gives everyone amnesia, Tyler thought he was a T-Rex, Spell Digger made Tyler and Chase greedy, Poisandra's monster made them all fall in love with her, that monster in Koda's home cave made them all lazy, and just now a monster made them into zombies.

10 out of 44 episodes, and not counting semi-brainwashy things like body switching, pillow monster forcing you to sleep, or having an evil birdman share your mind, they still spend 1/4th of the time afflicted with some kind of shit.
>>
>>14886921
>>14887270
Just for comparison, (and because I have nothing better to do) there's only three actual instances of the Ninja Storm Rangers getting brainwashed.

>Shane and Dustin in ep 9,
>Hunter in 11-12
>Cam and Blake in 20

However, They DO get captured a whole hell of a lot. 9 out of 38 episodes.

>Tori in ep 3,
>Technically Blake and Sensei in 6
>the whole crew minus Sensei and Cam in 10-12
>Hunter and Blake in 13
>Hunter and Blake AGAIN in 15
>Dustin and Tori in 19
>Tori Hunter and Blake in 24
>Hunter and Blake yet again in 32
>Cam in 37-38

Really makes you think.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>14887501
There's also the crossover where they get brainwashed, but I guess they do get kidnapped a hell of a lot. You'd think being ninjas would help in that regard.
>>
>>14887501
>They DO get captured a whole hell of a lot. 9 out of 38 episodes.
goodness are they Princess Peach
>>
>>14888257
>evil tori
My diiiiiick
>>
File: tf4zilla.jpg (137KB, 560x287px) Image search: [Google]
tf4zilla.jpg
137KB, 560x287px
>>14880315
Doesn't look THAT bad at first glance, but that's mostly because the details are all painted a flat red or grey. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual in-movie version just ends up being obnoxiously over-designed in a manner similar to the Bayformers.

>>14881070
Yeah, sure. I guess with how stupid everything else works, this one is actually kinda okay, I suppose.
>>
>>14880315
Honestly, I only dislike the random gun strapped on its back. The rest looks pretty okay.
>>
>>14884961
Alright, I do admit some bias on the choice, but I'm really tired of that whole Bayformers techno-organic aesthetic. And while it'd probably fit PR better than Transformers, I can appreciate the designer leaning on a more obviously mechanical design.
>>
>>14881070
those are cookies
>>
>>14881070
cookies
>>
>>14881070
>NEW FOR PATCH 7.2
>LEGION TRANSFORMATION BELT
>>
>>14891202
>but I'm really tired of that whole Bayformers techno-organic aesthetic.
Bayformers were never techno-organic. Bayformers are as robot as it gets, which was part of the problem - they obscured the facets of the alt-mode while in robot form.
>>
File: Grimlock(AOE).jpg (96KB, 780x750px) Image search: [Google]
Grimlock(AOE).jpg
96KB, 780x750px
>>14892826
I meant the way the robotics mimic skeletal structure, the sinewy look to some of the armor plating. It's a lot more obvious on the Dinobots, but it's been there since the first movie.
>>
>>14894470
I don't see a problem with that. Ever seen real-world bipedal humanoid robots? We keep going back to mimicking human body structure, with varying degrees of not-really success.
>>
>>14894470
>filename
Yeah, Grimlock really is an area-of-effect damage-dealing move
>>
>>14894792
I'm aware, it just gets old when you see the same aesthetics applied to alien machinery from different franchises with the only differences being how much the design in question looks like it's melting. It's really more of a problem with modern sci-fi mech designs in general.
>>
>>14892826
Man the bayformers were awful
>>
>>14887501
>>14888257
To be fair they are still ninja in training.
>>
>>14895291
I think modern mech designs are the reverse of (and possibly a backlash against) the Apple rule of design. Instead of putting together all your necessary parts then covering them with a sleek shell, you just leave the guts, muscle and sinew out in the open. If you're working in the medium of film, that allows for a ton of moving parts that mean more working hours, more manpower and more money to your effects studio.

If I had to give it a name, G1 Transformers and shit like Robotech and Gundam are Yamaha, and Bayformers are Harley Davidson.
>>
I walked past Camille Hyde at the big West Hollywood Halloween street party yesterday. If it were someone I actually cared about I'd have talked to them.
>>
>>14899116
>dat insecurity
>>
>>14885346
lol
>>
>>14899116
Good for you, edgelord.
>>
>>14885346
funny joke
>>
>>14899187
>>14899310
>>/ssg/ is the other way guys
>>
>>14899338
>I don't like Power Ranger's complete lack of effort put into the production
>Therefore, I must like Super Sentai

>Pretending billions of people don't laugh Power Rangers off as a joke
>Those billions of people must be Super Sentai fans.
>>
>>14899474
>I don't like Power Ranger's complete lack of effort put into the production
Good. Now watch the current season because itĀ“s not whatĀ“s happening.

>Therefore, I must like Super Sentai
ItĀ“s where you trolls usually come from.

>Pretending billions of people don't laugh Power Rangers off as a joke
ad populum

>Those billions of people must be Super Sentai fans.
99% of those people donĀ“t even know 4chan exist, donĀ“t go here, donĀ“t know what sentai is,and donĀ“t care enough about PR to post in threads about it. So you arenĀ“t in that majority at all.
>>
>>14899161
Nope. I saw a different pink ranger in public some years ago and had a nice conversation with her. Would've been even easier to talk to Camille since it was a social/party atmosphere, I just don't give a fuck about anyone on Dino Charge.
>>
>>14900964
>look how much i don't care about this person
Again, who cares, dude.
>>
>>14900964
>>14899161
>>
>>14901050
Probably the people who drool over her in these threads and would give their right nut to be in her presence.
>>
>>14901221
I don't really know how to spell this out more for you, but here it is: NO ONE cares about how much you don't care about this person.
>>
>>14901221
> the people who drool over her in these threads and would give their right nut to be in her presence.
That's an exageration. Yes, some people find her hot but she's not worshipped in that way.
>>
Is strange how Zordon era Power Rangers had the habit of replacing the blue ranger, usually by a former red.
>>
>>14901221
Sorry they hurt your feelings, Mr. President
>>
>>14901679
Rocky and TJ yeah. Wouldn't call it a habit, but it always just sorta made Blue seem like a step down. Good thing TJ just plain rocks though.
>>
>>14900964
>does not care about based Chase or Philip

Top pleb
>>
File: CuOEbHFWcAA2-lJ.jpg (161KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CuOEbHFWcAA2-lJ.jpg
161KB, 900x1200px
>>14901388
That's right. We have a new idol now.

>>14902020
>Does not care about based Koda or Ivan
Fixed that for you. No need to thank me.
>>
>>14901679
Rocky should've been green though, since it was the second in command in the footage. Ditto for TJ, since MegaBlack was the leader in Megaranger but le racism XD didn't allow it.
>>
>>14902334
I think it's easier for kids to wrap their brain around it the way they did it instead of Adam suddenly being Blue......but I guess he was also suddenly Green too so yeah. Maybe they thought Adam was a stronger character and were shaping him up to be a decent replacement leader for if JDF decided to quit (which they continued to do when they asked Bosch to grow his hair out in Turbo).

But yeah, TJ should have been Black, but at least I have Carlos saying "Quadroblaster!" the way he did it very clearly in my head.
>>
>>14902035
Are there any bikini pics? Or anything of NS White?
>>
>>14894810
+500 fire damage for 15 seconds.
>>
>>14902520
This is the post that makes me coming back to /prg/
>>
>>14902370
Adam is sneaky underrated as a character on old PR
very likable and easy to watch
>>
>>14902334
Green and black fill the same spot, though during a certain era PR prefer blue second in commands even though it's not in sentai. Like what happened in Space and Lost Galaxy.
>>
>>14903053
>Green and black fill the same spot
That's a meta thing that didnĀ“t apply at the time for PR since at the Zeo transition we only had two teams which were already different in composition. There was nothing connecting Adam with Green except him using ShishirangerĀ“s mech which was also a meta thing that didnĀ“t apply to PR.
>>
File: paon.jpg (188KB, 1500x1063px) Image search: [Google]
paon.jpg
188KB, 1500x1063px
explain this /prg/
>>
>>14903437
ItĀ“s a ninja steel toy. What do you want us to explain?
>>
>>14903437
They gotta spread a single Sentai toyline over the course of 2 years.
>>
File: 40-back.jpg (40KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
40-back.jpg
40KB, 350x510px
>>14902334
At one point Rocky was to be Green and Adam was to be Blue. There are trading cards that list them as such, and the prototypes of the automorphin Zeo figures show Adam and Rocky's heads on the opposite body.
>>
>>14904009
>the prototypes of the automorphin Zeo figures show Adam and Rocky's heads on the opposite body.

I KNEW I wasn't crazy! I remember seeing a pic like that as a kid on the cardback for another figure and being utterly confused.

Thanks for posting the card too.
>>
>>14901990
And then SPD outright promoted two blue rangers to red.
>>
>>14903437
Green version of the megazord?
>>
File: 1474422552939.png (84KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1474422552939.png
84KB, 440x440px
>>
>>14905110
god the SPD canon is weird with red rangers
>>
>>14906262
Not really. Red is just the leadership rank, like Captain in Star Trek (as per its imitation of a navy). Ranks can change, so can your color. Cops get promoted and demoted all the time.

Basically Sky is super pissed that he wasn't promoted to lead detective. He may be fresh off the beat, but he's at least an academy graduate. The new guy wasn't even on the right side of the badge.
>>
>>14906461
This. It was interesting to have such a plotline based in something as typical in pr as color distribution.
Would have been cool if they elaborated a bit more on vida getting pink.
>>
File: CwcfvdsVQAECKK2.jpg (54KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
CwcfvdsVQAECKK2.jpg
54KB, 528x960px
Welp, that's extremely disappointing.
>>
File: 800px-M26_Shinji_Manic_1.jpg (84KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
800px-M26_Shinji_Manic_1.jpg
84KB, 800x451px
>>14906528
>>
>>14906528
With some tweaks it`d be a good design but still a bad megazord.

That said "dissapointing" sounds par of the course with every other design in this movie.

Cant wait for the apologist.
>>
>>14906528
How does it combine????
>>
>>14906528
It looks like Bayformer Megatron with a few splashes of color. It doesn't look like a MegaZord AT ALL. IT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE A COMBINER.

As bad as reboot redesigns as stuff like Robocop and Godzilla 1998 were, you could atleast look at them and be like "yeah I guess that looks like that". Looking at this design out of context, there is no way you would guss it was a MegaZord.

It's not a hard concept, it's a fucking super robot made from smaller robots (usually)
>>
>>14906528
Where did all the red go?
>>
File: CwcmpQRWEAEBgLF.jpg (45KB, 506x482px) Image search: [Google]
CwcmpQRWEAEBgLF.jpg
45KB, 506x482px
>>14906568
Oh you want color?
You want color do you?
WELL HERE'S YOUR FUCKING COLOR
>>
>>14906528
what is this, Go Nagai's Gypsy Danger?
>>
File: IMG_20161104_160532.jpg (48KB, 506x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161104_160532.jpg
48KB, 506x482px
Okay that looks more like a MegaZord, still ugly as sin.

Also >99$

HA, GOODLUCK WITH THOSE SHELF WARMERS BANDAI
>>
>>14906528
It doesn't even make me think of a giant robot. It looks more like ranger-like ally, like Phantom Ranger, or some shit.
>>
File: CZ3f5alWQAAqzhV.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CZ3f5alWQAAqzhV.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>14906574
>>
>>14906572
>>14906574
A little better.
Which part's the pterodactyl?
The wings?
>>
>>14906574
They're being sold separately, as well. $40 for red and $20 each for the others....
>>
File: ninja-megazord.png (788KB, 2388x882px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-megazord.png
788KB, 2388x882px
>>14906574
>>14906572
>>
>>14906574
looks awful
>>
Wild Force was the best power rangers
>>
>>14906528
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>>14906577

its a battlizer mode
>>
File: IMG_0044.jpg (405KB, 2048x1921px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
405KB, 2048x1921px
>>
>>14906528
>When you get the Red,Yellow,Blue,Black,and Pink Mega Mans, you can make the Ultra Mega Mega Mega Mega Mega Zord Man
>>
>>14906954
Honestly, that does look kind of cool, but it just doesn't scream "megazord".
More like a Battlizer, even.
>>
>>14906981

It would be cooler if they just put more color into it

>Pink is the head

YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME?!?! IT DOES LOOK KIND OF COOL
>>
>>14906954
ah my favorite color, fucking space grey, thanks apple.
>>
File: 1476409980985.jpg (111KB, 538x880px) Image search: [Google]
1476409980985.jpg
111KB, 538x880px
>>14906845
>>
>>14907013
Wild Force should be higher, Space and and Galaxy on good.
>>
>>14906981
Yeah the physique looks way too much like just a dude.
>>
File: PhantomRangerDinoThunder.jpg (41KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
PhantomRangerDinoThunder.jpg
41KB, 800x600px
>>14906577
I knew this reminded me of something.
>>
>>14906528
How's this gonna work out with zord builders shit?
>>
>>14906528
This should've been the green ranger costume.

HAHA YEAH
>>
>>14907344
...that does bear a disturbing amount of resemblance to this
>>
>>14907013
holy shit why is Dino Thunder so high
Watching it as a kid was great but it definately did not hold up
Ninja Storm, Wild Force, and SPD are all better
>>
File: 1422874412544.png (151KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1422874412544.png
151KB, 576x432px
>>14907876
>Wild Force
>better than Dino Thunder
>>
>>14906954
Honestly reminded me of this.

So bizarre, it's kind of a cool design, but it doesn't look like a Megazord in almost any way, and honestly the design from far away evokes a Vrak-esque villain or something like that.

Nothing about the design inherently implies that it's giant, and the chainmail sort of texturing on the human-shapes form is so bizarre and almost lazy.

Hollywood's designers are perplexing. I'm dying to know the process that came up with this.
>>
>>14906981
Exactly this, I'm into it from a robot/design standpoint but it's just not a Megazord.
>>
>>14906954
>people complained Transformers looked too humanoid and not blocky enough
>this goes the complete opposite
>>
I don't know what to make of this. Part of me thinks the Zords are gonna combine into >>14906574, and that will turn it into >>14906954 via a quick effect, but there are such glaring differences between the two that it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>14906997
>apple invented gray things in movies
Nope
>>
>>14908159
That's probably reason of the whole chainmail.
>>
new bread
>>14908603
>>14908603
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.