[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would hokuto shinken work on a Eva?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (218KB, 260x779px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218KB, 260x779px
>>
>>14852020

Probably not. At least, not without massive retraining.

First of all, unless you are 40 meters tall you are going to have trouble reaching the vital points to hit int he first place, leading to incomplete and ineffective attacks. No human can hit all of the points required, and hit with enough force to be equivalent to using it on a normal sized person. So on that level, using it at all is a serious problem.

But even assuming you could physically do it... I'm pretty sure that Eva biology is different enough from human biology that their list and arrangement of vital points doesn't match up with ours. They have different organs than we do, they don't need to breath, and Berserk Evas have been shown to regrow limbs or shift around their internal biology on the fly. A series of attacks that would make a person's head explode probably wouldn't do anything to an Eva. Maybe there is a different set of vital points that would do the job, but you will have to figure that shit out blind.
>>
>>14852062
>I'm pretty sure that Eva biology is different enough from human biology
Actually humans are descendants of angels so there if a high chance of them being similar. If you put a matter of hokuto shinken in an Eva but gave him the level of control and brain synch from G Gundam it's quite feasible you could kill them. Angels may be able to regenerate but let's see what happens when their circulatory system is filled with so many clogs blood begins pooling everywhere and can't reach organs to keep them running.
>>
>>14852062
I don't think ken would have then much of a problem reaching the viral points I mean he has fought a giant monster before
>>
>>14852062
But what if he piloted a MS from G Gundam with its motion capture system?
>>
>>14852076
>Actually

Stopped reading there.
>>
Never forget the rule of Hokuto Shinken. it's a simple flowchart

>punch it
>Is it Dead?

>Yes
Omae wa mo shindeiru

>No
Try punching it a different way, or punch it harder
>>
>>14852471
Doesn't Ken hokuto shinken a tank?
>>
>>14852612
Yes
https://youtu.be/-_ZeD40Rg8A
>>
File: Ramiel.gif (3MB, 380x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ramiel.gif
3MB, 380x200px
>>14852076

So you are telling me that Ramiel, a giant glass laser diamond, has identical pressure points to a normal flesh and blood dude?
>>
>>14852076
>humans are descendants of angels so there if a high chance of them being similar

Humans aren't descendants of angels. The angels are descended from Adam while humans are descended from Lilith.
>>
>>14852852
Weren't Lilith and Adam the same species more or less? If hokuto shinken can work on a fucking tank and on wild animals I'm sure he could adapt it to angels.
>>
>>14852858

They were the same class of being, but their creations are totally different.

Tanks don't react to injury by growing a second head that shoots lasers. Pressure points seem kind of irrelevant when you enemy can shapeshift its own biology.
>>
>>14852843
No he's saying that if they come from the same source, it can be done
>>
>>14852858
Most Angels are too fundamentally alien. Even assuming you could somehow punch past the AT Field, a lot of Angels have biology that simply defy logic. Ramiel was already mentioned, but you have more extreme examples. At least two of them don't even have physical bodies.
>>
>>14852878
Hokuto shinken can fire ethereal blasts of chi and also can strike at the air so quick and precise it fires the pressure like a bullet. It's an assassination art, I'm sure any master could figure out how to kill their opponent in the course of battle.
>>
>>14852843
>>14852852
>>14852870
>>14852878
Besides, the original question was could it kill am Eva. Eva are progeny of Lilith/Adam and humans are descendants of Lilith, there is no doubt that their biology would have to at least resemble one another which means hokuto shinken would work.
>>
>>14852933

That depends. Can you use hokuto shinken on a tree?

Because a tree is more closely related to a human being than an Adam-based Eva is. And the only Lilith based Eva was Unit 01.
>>
>>14852955
>Because a tree is more closely related to a human being than an Adam-based Eva is.
You got a source for that other than your ass? Nothing in the show implied that 01 was particularly different from 00 or 02.
>>
>>14852933
Well as already pointed out, most every single one of them is simply too large to perform effective strikes on. This means a corresponding increase in muscle mass, skeletal structure, and various other physical features. Plus, oh yeah, AT Fields can't just be punched through.

I'd suggest you actually watch Eva before you make a thread like this.
>>
>>14852843
Sure, but the only way to hit them would be through mathematical strikes
>>
>>14852971
I said earlier in the thread that it would require a mech to work but theoretically could still be applied with the mech to kill the Eva. We are questioning if hokuto shinken could work on an Eva, not if a human could do it on their own.

>I'd suggest you actually watch Eva before you make a thread like this
I didn't make the thread
>>
>>14852968

Trees and Humans both evolved out of the same primordial muck. We are the same ecosystem, made of the same sort of stuff.

Angels are some kind of weird light-based energy matter, and they can shapeshift this angelic material to create the body they want or need. Angels effectively are just the Core, the rest of their body is a disposable shell that they can change like clothes.

All because the Evangelions are shaped like people doesn't mean you should confuse them for such. They are not related to our chain of evolution in any way. Totally different form of life.
>>
>>14852985
Humans evolved out of Adam and Lilith's primordial muck, Anon.
>>
People in this thread forget that hokuto shinken is more than just pressure points and Eva/angels are still susceptible to blunt force trauma.
>>
>>14853018
Punching a guy in five places and letting his own internal biology blow him up is much easier than shooting your ki out at him or reducing him to paste by punching him a hundred times hard enough to shatter steel.
>>
>>14852062
This.
Souther, a human, was able to gain immunity to Hokuto Shinken by using a pressure point technique on himself that altered the paths that ki took through his body.

BUT considering he is Keshiro, he probably could figure out how to compensate for the Eva's different biology
>>14852076
>humans re descedants of angels
Sort of but still technically incorrect. We're descendants of Lilith, and the Evas are cloned from Lilith, but all of the angels had radically different physiology and physiognomy. One was a blob of explosive protoplasm, one was a living computer, one was a pocket of extra-dimensional space, and so on. We're only similar to Lilith and Adam because theyre the first two humans.
(yes, Lilith came before Eve, look it up)
>>
>>14853400
>Souther, a human, was able to gain immunity to Hokuto Shinken by using a pressure point technique on himself that altered the paths that ki took through his body.
What in the hell are you talking about? Did you read/watch HnK? Souther didn't do anything he was born with a real world condition that his circulatory system is mirrored of the standard so his heart was on his right side making all his pressure points were opposite where they should be.

The reason this worked against Ken the first fight is because Ken didn't know what the was going on and kept using the standard techniques that weren't working, which psyched him the fuck out since Souther just kept saying "see it won't work, I'm invincible."
>>
>>14852020
If you can neutralize their AT field first, yes. After that anything that can break stuff can kill your average angel.
>>
>>14853400
>Sort of but still technically incorrect. We're descendants of Lilith, and the Evas are cloned from Lilith, but all of the angels had radically different physiology and physiognomy. One was a blob of explosive protoplasm, one was a living computer, one was a pocket of extra-dimensional space, and so on. We're only similar to Lilith and Adam because theyre the first two humans.
>(yes, Lilith came before Eve, look it up)

>first wife bails to get some angel Chad's dick
>second wife seduces Adam and leads him away from God

Like poetry.
>>
>>14853623
I haven't read much of the manga (early only) but I've seen all of the anime up to but not including HnK2 or whatever it's called.
And Kenshiro even says "the place where all your (blah blah) has already been observed by me" and pokes Souther in that mole in the middle of his forehead, upon which Souther starts screaming "No! My pressure point!"

Watch it again, I'll wait.
>>
>>14853830
The fuck are you talking about. Souther has a condition known as dextrocardia situs inversus totalis which means his heart is on the opposite side. All Ken meant by that was he realized the anatomy of Souther and adjusted how to strike him. They literally in the anime show Souther's x-ray of his circulatory system and show it's a mirror image of a regular person's. I don't know if they fucked this up in the movie or something, like they did several details, but in the original anime/manga that's what happened. You are seriously talking out of your ass right now.
>>
File: FUCK YEAR.gif (3MB, 361x271px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YEAR.gif
3MB, 361x271px
tank beats mecha

Kenshiro beats tank

therefore Kenshiro beats mecha
>>
>>14853872
>The fuck are you talking about.
A scene in the anime, I've made that perfectly clear. Watch 'it if you want to know, or don't. If you can't be bothered to check and see for yourself I'm not going to bother replying to you again.
Actually don't bother. Even when you see the scene you'll still say it's wrong because it doesn't match the comic. You don't really want to know anyway, right? You'd have already checked if you actually cared about *being* right instead of just *acting* right.
>>
>>14853881
Rock paper scissors, anon. If tank beats mecha and Kenshiro beats tank, then Mecha beats Kenshiro.
>>
>>14853899
Not the guy you're replying to, I've never even read all of Fist of the North Star or watched it the whole way through, just the movie, and I still knew Souther just had reversed pressure points. You can't just respond to something in a really elitist way and pretend it negates you being a completely wrong non-manga reading casual, and I say that as a casual.
>>
>>14853899
Episode 67. Literally Kenshiro fucking has images of human circulatory systems flash in front of him and then strikes Souther with an effective blow. Ken then goes "I've seen through your secret, your heartbeat gave it away. Your heart is on the opposite side meaning your vitals are all mirrored from a normal person."

Sorry friend, but your ass is nowhere near as good a source as my autism for HnK.
>>
>>14853952
He's a casual who is either stupid or hasn't seen the series himself. My first experience was the anime and I more or less know it back and forth, in fact preferring it to the manga.

You should check out more than the movies, they are easily the worst versions. But HnK is a big time investment so I don't blame people who are tepid about diving in.
>>
File: 56.jpg (27KB, 315x239px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
27KB, 315x239px
>they're too big
>>
>>14854411
Did they ever explain what the fuck that was?
>>
>>14854575
That's Devil.
>>
>>14852992
Just Lilith's. Her arrival shut down Adam and cleansed the Earth of His presence outside his landing pod.
>>
>>14854751
But what is devil
>>
>>14855147
He's a big guy
>>
>>14854411
How the fuck did Jackal steal that photo from him anyway
>>
>>14856792
Hokuto no fast hands?
>>
File: burger king.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
burger king.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Would the Burger King work on an Eva?
>>
>>14856871
Yes nothing can stop the Burger King
>>
>>14853919
but doesn't usually mechs beat tanks
and kenshiro beat tanks
and rocket launchers print tanks
pretty much everything beats tanks, except for infantry
>>
>>14856908
But infantry carrying rocket launchers can beat a tank.
>>
>>14856875
Nah, the Grimace can stop Burger King. Grimace is the ur-mascot of power.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.