[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did you enjoy watching code geass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

did you enjoy watching code geass?
>>
>>14850592
new anime announced next month
>>
Yea it was fun
>>
Well, I hear funimation released a new BD version for the american release which included the picture Dramas from R2 but I am not sure if they have english dubbed for them or not.
>>
File: gin vomit.jpg (118KB, 608x348px) Image search: [Google]
gin vomit.jpg
118KB, 608x348px
>>14850592
It was a great show and among my top favorite shows.

The recent movies were pretty bad though
>>
I enjoyed it, yes.
>>
>>14850592
best series
>>
>>14850592
Yes
>>
r3 fucking when
>>
>>14850592
I dug it, but I watched it with a friend when we seshed
>>
>>14850592
I didn't like it at all and while I can at least understand people enjoying the first season, the second season is absolute trash. Personally I feel it's terrible pretty much from start to finish.
>>
Yes, I love it.
It's in my top five.

A reminder that Kallen is best girl forever.
>>
>>14850592
I enjoyed the first season a lot. The second was not as strong but not bad by any means.
>>
File: Sutherland_3.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sutherland_3.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>14850592
I really liked the designs the whole way through even though I prefered the earlier stuff.

Recently tried Akito though and found it to be completely unwatchable, makes me hesitant to rewatch R1/2.
>>
I like it, but I never understood the people who think it's just complete and total garbage the whole way through (aka most of the TFS cast except for Purpleeyes). To them I have to ask, how much anime do these people watch that this is the bottom of the barrel to them?
>>
>>14852493
I'm someone who thinks it's shit pretty much all the way through. I've seen a lot of anime and that's why I'd never make a claim that's so egregious that it's one of the worst, but I do think there was no point that it was good.

Also the TFS guys are by NO MEANS have that big of power levels. Hell they are below TBFP and really only one of them knows anything even his taste it's eclectic as fuck. Talking bout you, Liam.
>>
>>14852528
>but I do think there was no point that it was good.
Really? I found it immensely entertaining in its hamminess.
>>
>>14852493
>Listening to TFS

They have no credit, especially since one is a literal faggot.
>>
>>14852638
The plot and the characters kill it for me. I pretty much hated everyone but I especially hate Lelouch. Just nothing appealed to me, the execution the designs I didn't like any of it. The only credit I have to concede is I think the uniforms they wore in season 1 are great designs.
>>
>>14852638
Same, I always enjoyed R2 more than R1 because it was the point that the show got to become the gloriously stupid show I got the sense it was trying to be from the beginning

Though I do think it wouldn't have worked as well if it didn't have legitimately good ideas here and there
>>
As someone who watched R1 and R2 back to back, I didn't notice any real quality difference. Sure Rolo is stupid but I feel like he wasn't overused too much. R2 just felt like a natural continuation.
>>
>>14853205
The argument against R2 is generally the fact that it took the elements of S1 and doubled up on them. Double the Geass, double the asspulls, and even retarded chess.
>>
>>14853218
Oh sure, but like, isn't that all sequels? Especially anime sequels?
>>
>>14852466
I thought Akito was alright, if mostly vanilla in flavor, but it's really not the same thing as the TV series.
>>
>>14852699
Well, it's definitely the sort of show where you're expected to like the protagonist. If you hate Lelouch, then obviously it won't work (unless you like Suzaku instead, but those people are fewer in comparison).
>>
>>14850592
Overall, I did enjoy watching the series.

Shame they did waste like half of R2 on technically unnecessary stuff though.
>>
>>14853286
Lelouch just was really boring to me, then in season 2 he is literally perfect making him just absolutely terrible. YOU CAN'T FUCKING CHECKMATE WITH TWO KINGS.
>>
>>14853278
Sequels can go one way or the other. It all depends on the writers and the source material, if there is any. Generally with anime the sequel/adaptation/reimagining is worse than the original though, except in Slice of Life. It is hard to name an Anime that is better than its Manga.
>>
>>14853634
I never thought he was perfect. But IIRC that was not Lelouch, but the other guy. The chess was always dumb and useless though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbpcu3C1PQQ
>>
>>14854504
>I never thought he was perfect.
In the second half he literally cannot lose because of the Geass and is pretty much an unstoppable Mary Sue.
>>
>>14852090
It will happen once they realize they can shoehorn in Lelouch accidentally taking his father's code.
Also i binge read Knighmare of Nunally and found it to be rather interesting The whole manga is a massive curve-ball for anyone expecting it to stick largely to the Anime Canon
>>
I never understood the appeal of the series. I tried watching it three times but never made it to the end of the first season. It failed to hold my interest every single time.
>>
>>14855389
Except that him winning mostly didn't matter because everyone found out his secret and no one trusted him anymore
>>
>>14856609
It made everything fucking boring because he can't lose. It removes all tension and asserts that Lelouch will literally never come close to failing. It's made worse by the fact that the series constantly proceeds to jerk Lelouch off like he planned everything and is the ultimate undefeatable genius.
>>
>>14850592
couldn't watch because the second opening sucked so much
and the mechs had wheels. that was rather bad.
>>
>>14856637
He never comes close to failing AT WAR. By that point, the conflict wasn't even about the war anymore, it was about how Lelouch's personal life had gone to such shit that all his friends and family had betrayed him (except CC). If he was as flawless as you claim, then he wouldn't have utterly lost hope and killed himself to resolve this
>>
>>14850592
I loved it. I loved the characters for being over the top, I loved Lelouches crazy keikakus, I loved the geass fuckery, and I even loved the spinner mecha. I actually really like the earlier knightmares a lot, especially Cordellias one with the big lance
>>
>>14855389
>Says he's Mary Sue
>But having Geass doesn't prevent him from losing battles and people

Funny.
>>
>>14856637
Considering he had already lost numerous times before, including the S1 finale, the guy had to win at some point. Or did you expect the series to end with him being totally defeated or something?
>>
>>14856652
Not to mention he was actually caught off guard several times for a fair chunk of the season. Almost got himself killed in the Tokyo battle among other situations.
>>
File: 1475616616075.gif (2MB, 328x166px) Image search: [Google]
1475616616075.gif
2MB, 328x166px
>>14856643
>and the mechs had wheels. that was rather bad.
>Mobility is bad
>>
>>14853180

See I think R2 failed to do what R1 did because a lot of R2 didn't feel deliberate. Except Lelouch's sacrifice, that all felt planned out from episode 1.
>>
>>14852090
Hopefully never.
>>
yes. r2 was a mistake
>>
>>14857046
It didn't to me. Given the context of the preceding situation, Lelouch could have resolved things without his death if he put five seconds of thought into it, but then we wouldn't have our ridiculous melodramatic ending and I wouldn't have it any other way
>>
They've built a lot of very intriguing mysteries and then completely failed to give them satisfying conclusions.
>>
>>14850592
Yeah, Kallen is the best girl.
>>
I preferred Code Ment.
>>
>>14858196
I never felt the "mysteries" were all that intriguing nor the point of the show, to be honest. Just extra fluff. I thought the conclusion was satisfying for other reasons, but not for that.
>>
>>14859082
Good taste.
>>
File: 1455817783890.png (1MB, 1000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1455817783890.png
1MB, 1000x1416px
>>14859082
>>14860989

People please, Kallen and CC are both best girl.

The important thing is that Shirley isn't.
>>
>>14850592
One thing I can give the show is that when Kallen and Suzaku had a duel, it was always a really good one. I also liked Lelouch and Suzaku and their dynamic. The Euphemia massacre was the main thing that made me irritated. But I can enjoy CG the same way I enjoyed Cross Ange, it is a well executed, over the top, cheesy, melodramatic, train wreck, and it is enjoyable so as along as you don't expect more from it.
>>
>>14850592
Yep, altough they didn't focused a lot in mecha battles, but the story was 10/10. Other thign I didn't liked were the lanket characters.
In the other hand, the Boukuko no Akito OVAs had really good mech fights, but the story was meh, specially the end.
>>
>>14850592
Yeah.

Though I havent gotten around to rewatching it. I literally havent seen it since it ended.

I know it gets shit talked a lot now, but I still remember emotionally effected (though I was still in highschool when it was airing so. . .)
>>
>>14850592
Yes but not in the way I enjoy watching shows that are actually good
>>
>>14850592
There were highs and lows, but it was a pretty good show
>>
>>14861010
While I could agree with you about Suzaku and Kallen regarding their fights, I really couldn't quite get into Cross Ange though. It felt too random and the permanent crotch jokes were a pain to see, plus the mecha combat was lame and Embryo just sucked. Not sure if I would call it a trainwreck, either way, but it felt substandard and less interesting. Ange herself was alright, but not enough to fully convince me.
>>
It was fun watching a new episode drop with other anons but marathoning it isn't as good. The bullshit cliffhangers just aren't the same without other people to share it with.
>>
>>14859440
New episode when?
>>
>>14852699
I agree I don't like Lelouch that much either he just comes off as an asshole The character I like the most was probably Cornelia because she actually was pretty cool she should have been the MC. I also didn't like Kallen that much because I thought the Guren had a stupid design I liked alot of the R1 designs except the Guren.
>>
File: main_image.jpg (231KB, 1254x704px) Image search: [Google]
main_image.jpg
231KB, 1254x704px
Tanaguchi and Okuichi will be at the event

it most likely will a be a movie retelling of the black rebellion

OZ anime is also a possibility
>>
>>14850592
Back when I was a kid - yes.
Right now I'm more interested in other shows
>>
>>14850592
Really great made me appreciate tables.
>>
>>14860990
What about villetta ? She was great
>>
File: 1466212839913.png (103KB, 480x230px) Image search: [Google]
1466212839913.png
103KB, 480x230px
>>14862832
>>14864487
>>14860990
>waifufags

Made even more pathetic when all the female characters in CG were fucking shit for the most part
>>
>>14864490
Your picture describes my reaction to your post. Thanks.
>>
>>14852493
>>14852528
Who are TFS/YBFP?
>>
It's pretty enjoyable, even if it's pretty dumb.
>>
>>14864487
She had great boobs at least.
>>
Is there any one who actually didn't have fun watching this? You may think it's garbage, but it's overwhelmingly dumb and fun.
>>
>>14865340
YouTubers. Team Four Star are the guys who abridge and redub DBZ and also do LPs. Two best friends play are some of the biggest let's player groups. I can't be assed to follow either of their lp shit, I used to watch TBFP but I couldn't anymore.

Basically though, both groups know a bit about anime but TFS are super entry level, like DBZ is most of them's favorite anime. TBFP know more but they still aren't very deep, with the black guy Woolie triggering /m/ more than once because he acts like he's big into Mecha but he's seen next to nothing.
>>
>>14865427
Fun, yes. Dumb? Eh, I've seen worse.
>>
>>14850592
Skipped it, plot looked dumb/retarded.
>>
>>14865427
Dumb isn't fun for me. I blame my parents, growing up in a intellectual household has it's disadvantages.
>>
File: 14739639835721.png (1MB, 1922x1559px) Image search: [Google]
14739639835721.png
1MB, 1922x1559px
>>
File: tumblr_mqx3v3PWIe1rs4yfmo7_500.gif (977KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqx3v3PWIe1rs4yfmo7_500.gif
977KB, 500x220px
>>14867551
>>
>>14850592
Meh
>>14850615
Not there won't
>>
>>14850592
not will all the pizza hut ads
>>
File: 1473962448370.jpg (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473962448370.jpg
268KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14850592
Why is Lelouch's design and overall proportions so terrible?
>>
>>14850592
Loved watching it with /a/ in 2006 and 2008, it's probably my favourite 4chan memory. How the entirety of /a/ would go into meltdown from the Japanese livestream and everyone would speculate on what they were actually talking about in the episode until subs were released hours or a day later.

That being said:

Code Geass was best when Knightmare frames couldn't fly. Flying mechs to me still makes no sense, especially in a series where F-22 fighter jets are literally canon. Also Mech Urban combat is just severely underutilized.

Code Geass R2 is a complete load of horse shit you could tell they were making up just on the spot. I heard that when the time was changed from late night to prime time, they basically had to rewrite it to make it more family friendly/mainstream which is bullshit. So many major plot points were dropped from the first season and the payoffs were all lame as fuck.
>>
>>14871632
Design by CLAMP. There's your answer.
>>
>>14857046
>Except Lelouch's sacrifice, that all felt planned out from episode 1.

The whole "I'm going to be a the villain the world unites against to work together and create world peace" is such a tired fucking trope, doesn't help that 00 built it's entire plot around this fucking trope a year before R2 came out.

Also the trope makes no fucking sense, it's utterly naieve to absurdity, did all war end after WW1? WW2? The Cold War? Nope.
>>
>>14871653
It could work if the villain maintains some sort of threat or presence after world peace starts, to keep the world government on notice.

00 sort of does it right, because CB stick around as an independent force after the A-Laws are defeated, then ayylmaos happen.

Geass does it wrong, because 'Zero' and the BK join the world unified under Nunually's Britannia. There's no outside force to keep Britannia in check, in case the next ruler is a douche that makes the occupied territories want to rebel, or internal power struggles divide the empire.

Endless Waltz does it right, because it shows how fucking stupid 'world wide disarmament' would actually be, without brainwashing the entire human race.
>>
>>14871538
The ads were there for fun though. Literally. They even point them out in commentary tracks.
>>
>>14871641
I agree with preferring the ground mecha to the flying ones, but I wasn't surprised when they introduced such add-ons in Code Geass since most mecha shows tend to include something similar.

By the way, we never got to see those jets during the anime other than in a still shot from the Japan invasion, so it's possible they were not in use afterwards or perhaps they merely belonged to the defeated Japanese. It's not clear.
>>
>>14871653
Surprisingly enough, there's less than half a dozen anime using that idea. It's not exactly something we see every year or season.

Gundam 00 used it in a different way since it was more of an institutional plan in that case and already in place at the start of the story. Conversely, in CG it was a more personal decision that stemmed from Lelouch's "the ends justify the means" mentality as well as the rest of his character arc. It was a destination, not the starting point.

I don't expect anime and manga to work like historical documentaries, especially when the conditions are not the same, but World War II and the Cold War did, curiously enough, lead to a more peaceful world. Large-scale conflicts have vastly decreased after the fact. There are still regional or local wars, but we are currently in an era of comparative prosperity and diplomatic resolutions within the grand scheme of human history.
>>
>>14871735
That's precisely why the new Zero is still there. Not as a villain, strictly speaking, but as the hero who will intervene to keep the peace and save the world from destroying itself.

I doubt Nunnally will reverse Emperor Lelouch's decision to free all the occupied Area territories and he had already taken care of the dirty job of purging the old noble class during his brief reign. It's unlikely there will be much trouble within the Empire from those sectors in the medium term.

We still saw a few robots at the end of Code Geass during the epilogue so it doesn't seem like they're implying that a worldwide disarmament took place. The major powers must be suffering from war exhaustion after all the recent struggles, but there is no indication that they will destroy all their weapons.
>>
>>14871653
All war isn't going to end, not even Lelouch believed that would happen since he chose to protect humankind's free will, but there will be progress towards improving the world.
>>
It was one of those shows where I enjoyed it a lot but in retrospect the more I think about some parts of it, particularly the ending, the dumber it was
>>
>>14850592
Holy shit no.

Worst anime of the decade. No contest.
>>
>>14872516
Only if you think unrealistic equals dumb.
>>
>>14850592
Yes, it was one of the better shows of that year.
>>
>>14871735
>'Zero' and the BK join the world unified under Nunually's Britannia

You really think so? Because it sure doesn't look that way.
>>
Code Geass S1 was about a 7-8/10 for me, with the range varying depending on how much you got into it. R2 was closer to 5-6/10 with some good moments but also several bad ones that dragged it down. The resulting product is watchable enough, though surely overhyped.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.