[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Victory Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: V-gundam1.jpg (560KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
V-gundam1.jpg
560KB, 1014x1024px
What are your thoughts on Victory Gundam?
>>
>>14848487
It's recent spike in popularity because of EG is entirely undeserved.

It's the 90's ZZ.
>>
>>14848513
>It's the 90's ZZ

Are you implying that's a bad thing?
>>
STAND UP TO THE VICTORY
>>
DON'T STOP CARRY ON
>>
DON'T STOP SHINING ON
>>
>>14848487
other than Shaakti causing half of the issues in the latter half and ended up piloting the angel halo after they disabled it (for no fucking reason) which ended in a ton of deaths.

It was alright.
F91 was better
>>
>>14848487
I hear it's great

I also hear it's shit

I should stop listening to /m/
>>
>>14848700
Victory is weird enough a series to be that divisive. Someone could easily hate it for the same reason others love it (beam rotors, bikes, feminism).

>>14848688
Patrician taste.
>>
>>14848487
It's great,
>>
I really like the first half. Great battles, good enough pace, interesting developments as approacb space/Zanscare, etc. It was a joy to watch.

The second half just isn't good though. Pacing goes to shit, animation seems worse, it starts getting repetetive as hell and character's do the most stupid things and not in fun ways. There are some great moments like with Uso's mum's decapitated head and when they're at the graveyard mourning for the dead. Final couple episodes were really enjoyable though because the chaos was fucking beautiful.
>>
Liked uso and V1/V2
Fuck the rest tho, should've gassed the colony when they invaded
>>
File: medieval biking traditions.png (546KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
medieval biking traditions.png
546KB, 704x528px
I'd say it's an essential series to watch.
>>
>>14848487
My top 3 Favorite gundam.
>>
Only two better gundam series are 0079 and Turn A
>>
At episode 10 now
Loving it dearly
Sad I'm on the last 'old artstyle' TV Gundam that I haven't seen, I love the visual style they built through the series.
>>
>>14848925
I just got done watching it and these are my thoughts as well. I thought it was consistently good until about ep 28 or so and then it went downhill. There are only a few good episodes scattered throughout the 30's and 40's episodes. Also if Shakti wasn't a brown qt I would probably hate her more than Katz.
>>
Better than Zeta as least. That's not saying much though.
>>
>>14849756
I've noticed that a lot of people who like victory also consider turn a and 0079 to be great I share this opinion
>>14848741
Honestly the beam rotors and bikes aren't even that silly compared to some of the zeon mobile armors plus zanscare transformable suits at least look like helicopters and not robots folded in half
>>14848487
Episode 50 was GOAT
>>
>>14849793
Turn a still retains a bit of the art direction that victory had.
>>
>>14848700
Older days of /m/ most would just tell you to give it a try if you have the time and will to do multiple sittings.
>>
>>14848487
It's my favourite gundam installment, to be honest.
>>
File: ZM-S14S_Contio.png (90KB, 374x485px) Image search: [Google]
ZM-S14S_Contio.png
90KB, 374x485px
Shaakti is just awful.

Zanscare suits are a bit silly looking at times but I like them all regardless.
>>
>>14848487
>Cozy soundtrack
>Most batshit crazy ideologies yet
>Uso and Flanders
>Victories are cool
>Normies pilot same suit as Newtype
>Shirke team was great

But mostly the cozy soundtrack, kind of had a bit of a Zeta/0080 feel to it
>>
so is there any reason why shakti decided to use the angel halo other than lol tomino?
>>
>>14851581
she just wished for stuff other than making people sleep
>>
Shakti is the cutest Gundam girl.
>>
>>14848487
It's great.
It took what Zeta floundered on delivering and improved upon it, though at the same time doubled up on some of Zeta's flaws as well, pacing included.
Uso is a great protagonist and it's very satisfying watching his character develop. The Gundam designs are great, though Zanscare mechs can be give or take.
>>
File: 37191933_p6_master1200.jpg (427KB, 652x850px) Image search: [Google]
37191933_p6_master1200.jpg
427KB, 652x850px
>>
>>14848487
I'm not fond of it. Compared to a lot of other Gundam shows it's rather bleak and getting hit over the head again and again with the tragic deaths of the Shrike Team and Zanscare morons who decided to not be genocidal in the last moments of their lives was dreary and not all that much fun.

Uso has cool battles though, and Haro, Marbet, Odelo, and Tomache are great supporting characters, Haro especially. I just don't like the rest of the show all that much.
>>
Like all other 50-ep Gundam series, it would have been substantially better if they reduced the episode count by half.
>>
File: 4683646i.jpg (90KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
4683646i.jpg
90KB, 421x600px
>>
File: gengaozo.jpg (347KB, 1500x1037px) Image search: [Google]
gengaozo.jpg
347KB, 1500x1037px
Which was the best Zanscare suit and why is it the Gengaozo?
>>
It's terrific and doesn't get nearly enough love in kit form.
>>
File: 1477034397620.png (103KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
1477034397620.png
103KB, 229x350px
>>
Its shit.
>>
>>14848487
I found it pretty hard to watch because it puts the message of war is very bad way above the quality of the show. In retrospect I respect it a lot for doing that though. The V2 is probably my favourite upgrade in the franchise though things feel super dire before he gets it because the enemy has been getting stronger over the past 20 episodes and people have been dying non-stop.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.