[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

seriously though, the fuck was his problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Whaleprobe2.jpg (78KB, 850x530px) Image search: [Google]
Whaleprobe2.jpg
78KB, 850x530px
seriously though, the fuck was his problem
>>
File: 640px-Evidence_01.jpg (30KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Evidence_01.jpg
30KB, 640x362px
Fucking space whales.
>>
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU GOT
>>
>>14844867
You'd be mad too if you traveled thousands of light years to chill with your whale bros only to find out some dickbag humans killed them all for shits and giggles.
>>
>>14844867
No V'ger hole to penetrate.
>>
>>14844895

The whales he chilled with would have been dead a long time ago anyways, even if whales weren't extinct he's traveling really far to meet someone who doesn't know him. Was he even invited? really he just comes off as that old guy who cruises for young tail at bars
>>
>>14844867
Beyond supposed Cetacean Ops, do we really see anything come of the whole Rama Whale Probe incident? Like, who sent it?
>>
>>14845647
This novel provides one explanation:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177182
>>
>>14845664
Care to detail exactly what explanation is given?

Don't feel like sorting through an entire book for one answer, I'm sure other anons would appreciate this as well as I am not >>14845647
>>
File: star-trek-iv-bridge.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-iv-bridge.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>14844949
>The whales he chilled with would have been dead a long time ago anyways
Yeah because dirtbags killed them.
>even if whales weren't extinct he's traveling really far to meet someone who doesn't know him.
The fact that as soon as Kirk and friends brings whales back to the future the whales immediately strike up a conversation and calm him serves as strong evidence that they're friends.
>Was he even invited?
Maybe? We don't know what he talked about with the whales. And even if he wasn't invited it's not that hard to imagine someone swinging by a friend's house because they've stopped answering their phone and no one has seen them in weeks.
>really he just comes off as that old guy who cruises for young tail at bars
No idea what gives you this idea. Whale Probe is clearly in the hood to check on his friends.
>>
File: O059NRt.jpg.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
O059NRt.jpg.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14844879
>>
>>14845677

Probe was created by alien super dolphins to search for intelligent life. However they had a limited definition of intelligence. At one time the Probe had to come back home as it was attacked by the Borg. Probe got damaged missing some its memory but it repelled the Borg.

After it went to Earth it got to over to the Romulan Nuetralzone to Romulan territory checking up on another cetacean species it had been monitoring. Romulans colonized the planet and started eating the whales. Probe wrecked the Romulans.

Meanwhile the Enterprise was at a peace meeting with a Romulan Bird of Prey when this happened.

Kirk and crew figure out that the Probe communicates with multiple whale-dolphin songs. So they play them. Romulans fearing the Feds getting a new weapon copy them.

Perplexed they can emulate language the Probe tractor beams them both to its homeworld so its creators can . Only to find nobody is home and covered in an ice age.

After the usual Romulan shenanigans the Enterprise help piece together some its memory.

Probe returns them home.

Kirk and crew wonder who the hell the Probe whales fought.
>>
File: Probenovel.jpg (35KB, 291x475px) Image search: [Google]
Probenovel.jpg
35KB, 291x475px
>>14845833

One hell of a crazy fucking story behind the making of that book:

http://www.margaretwanderbonanno.com/files/Probed.doc

(long but fascinating read)
>>
>>14845888
And the original version of the book, which didn't have the Borg, is in >>14845664.
>>
>>14845908

Published version was better. Trust your editors they know whats up.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.