[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gundam books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 51yu5H8XcvL._SY400_.jpg (30KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
51yu5H8XcvL._SY400_.jpg
30KB, 266x400px
Is this novel worth buying? Hows the translation? Got the Death Note prequel novel years ago and the translation was very wooden. Like it was done by some tv anime translator that couldnt grasp the idea that translating the intention of the author is more important than a word for word literal translation. Especially when we're talking about a language that has no common latin ancestry with ours anyway.
And thats not even getting into whether or not Tomino can function as a competent writer here. Writing for shows hes fantastic (fuck the memes) but a novel is not visual and im wondering just how barebones the descriptive language will be, since he wasnt used to having to do that.
Also, Hi-Streamer translation when? Kinda Bullshit that we dont know much about the "real" CCA.
>>
>>14840423
I had the old "Sha and his Zak" translation.
It was dry but no dryer than most moonlit I've read.

Certainly worth reading though. Gives a much better idea of how newtyping somebody works.
>>
File: gundamnoveltrilogy 029.jpg (630KB, 2464x1716px) Image search: [Google]
gundamnoveltrilogy 029.jpg
630KB, 2464x1716px
>>14840423
I'll upload the JPG scans for you in a few minutes if you want a preview.

I think there's a few different prints of the novel, though. There's a really old print with badly romanized names like "Sha" instead of "Char". What I'm uploading is a newer print from 2004 consistent with official names. There's supposed to be an even newer reprint from a few years ago, but I don't know what the differences are, if any.

What I like about the novel's writing is that it goes into some detail about how certain things work.
>>
>>14840459
https://mega.nz/#!GUgQUC7Z!1_rwWUz-CWKWMLtlJTbgXHMhaN1TDYXJDgF7UuUeRCw
>>
>>14840459
Oh god, I never noticed how ridiculous Musai's bridge looks.
>>
>>14840489

That's only the Falmel, Char's personal Musai.

All standard Musai cruisers have a blocky bridge.
>>
Schodt is one of the guys who originally got the ball rolling on Jap to Eng translations to begin with, so there's nothing to worry about there. The book itself is basically pure, unadultered Tomino, with all the good and bad that comes with that.
>>
>>14840423
I have a copy on my shelf right now, it's a good read. Would recommend.
>>
>>14840423
It does some interesting stuff in the second half, but the writing comes off dry as fuck in English.
>>
It's a shame we never got a printing with the Mikimoto illustrations instead of random lineart

They never released it in Ebook either, must've been unable to secure the rights
>>
>>14847804
>printing with the Mikimoto illustrations instead of random lineart
How much do copies of it in moonrune go for?
A thousand years ago I looked up that Ishinomori illustrated Dune and some of them were pretty cheap on Y!J

Maybe somebody can buy a cheap used copy, log where the illusts are, rip the book, scan them, then re-integrate it into an ebook version.
Or at least part of that and tag other people in.
>>
>>14847816
I got a box of 9 novels (3 MSG, 5 Zeta and Beltorchika's Children) for like $30 on eBay years ago

Never got the motivation to scan them and figure out where they go

I think I've seen scans of the complete moon books posted here before though. I may still have those somewhere too
>>
File: 1450556888514.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450556888514.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>14840465
Thanks famlan.
I was searching these for a long time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.